Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

~* Dee *~

Veteran Member
  • Total Reviews

    0
  • Content Count

    305
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

3 Followers

About ~* Dee *~

  • Rank
    Forever Faithless
  • Birthday 04/03/1976

Profile Information

  • Location
    Derbyshire, UK
  1. Was thinking of you yesterday.

    RIP

    xx

    1. Travel with wings, Dee, to heaven, where there is no such thing as acne at all. Thank you for being here for us.

      1. So sad. Rest in peace, Dee.

        1. RIP. You've been an inspiration to us all.

          xx

          1. RIP, Dee, I'm so sorry.

            1. Actually, only around 5% of breast cancer cases are caused by known genetic abnormalities. The remaining 95% of cases have unknown causes. The chances of getting breast cancer before the menopause are low anyway. Although I got it at 29, with no family history of it at all (prostate cancer can also be linked to breast cancer, but no-one in my family's had that either), so it can certainly still happen. I never in a million years thought I'd get it.. I don't think anyone thinks they will
            2. Cancer doesn't much care how big your boobs are.. it's pretty indiscriminate! Seriously, I didn't post to scare people. I just think people should be aware, and consider the possible side effects, before they throw a load of artificial stuff into their bodies. I dare say most people who take the bc pill wont get breast cancer. And like I said, I have no idea if it contributed to my cancer.. I'll never know. But I SO wish I'd never taken that chance.
            3. Yes, that's true. The birth control pill can increase the risk of breast cancer. I don't visit here very often, these days.. From the age of 18, up until last year, when I was 29, I took the bc pill. I was forced to stop taking it last year, when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, which I'm still being treated for.. yep, at 29 years old. I have no family history of breast cancer, and will never know if it was the pill that caused it. But I can't tell you how much I wish I'd never take
            4. I was on Dianette for about 4 or 5 years in all. It was great for my skin. It never completely cleared up my mild/moderate acne, but it was much better. Before Dianette, I took Marvelon, which did nothing for my skin. All in all, I took the pill for 11 years. However, please take the next bit of my story as a warning.. I stopped taking the BCP in July this year, because, at 29 years old, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and was told to stop taking the pill immediately. I have no idea if t
            5. I got samples of this too.. been using it for the past couple of weeks, and really like it
            6. Hi Barbie, I just got your email & tried to reply, but it bounced back, so thought I'd track this post down. I ahven't been in here for ages. I don't take dianette anymore, since I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July. I had to stop taking bcp, because it increases the risk of breast cancer, and I want to do all I can to stop it coming back. And because I'm so young, it's more likely to come back anyway. I didn't need a prescription to buy it online, but I'm afraid I can't remember
            7. I never was planning on staying in hospital for very long! Had my op at 9:30 Tuesday morning, and was back on the ward, walking around by 11:30. Nurses and consultant were amazed that I wasn't zonked out. So they let me out the day after. I still have a drain.. the bottle for which is in a trendy green xmas gift bag. I also have a nice long scar. Under my arm is completely numb, along with one finger (from nerve damage, where they took lymph nodes) and will probably stay that way. It's a bit
            ×