Jump to content

• Gender
    Female
  • Location
    United States
  1. I don't really know where to begin. I religiously followed the regimen for a few years and it worked great for me, but then I started to breakout with non inflamed acne on my forehead. Realizing that maybe the BP wasn't the solution for this and that perhaps I was doing more harm than good for my skin, I decided to wean myself off of BP. Now, I've been free of BP for about 3 months and my skin is absolutely terrible. I had worse acne a few years ago before I first started the regimen, but now I have scars and bumpy skin and less severe acne (but this is just as bad if not worse as the acne I had). I don't know what to do anymore. Two weeks ago my skin actually looked pretty good; this week it is terrible. I don't know what is causing these fluctuations in my skin and I'm not able to isolate what factor causes the fluctuations. In the past 3 months I have been on 2 antibiotics for about 9 days each (for health issues unrelated to acne). Both times my skin cleared up to an extent, but I cannot determine whether this was from the antibiotics themselves, the increased water consumption, or the improved digestion. I started to think maybe it was the makeup I had been using that caused my problems to start while still on the regimen, yet I've been off of that for a month or so now. I started taking probiotics to improve my digestion. I stopped eating nuts this week because I thought maybe that was contributing. I am sick and tired of feeling ugly and not being able to look at myself in the mirror. I NEVER can look at myself in the mirror even from a distance if I am wearing my glasses, they make my imperfections all to clear to me and I'd rather pretend that is not how I appear to others. I apologize for the disorganization of this post and any grammatical errors that may be present. If anyone has any advice for me I am open.
  2. kk95

Dry rough leathery skin.

This is exactly how i feel! From a slight distance my skin looks great but as you get closer you really notice how dry yet oily and rough my skin is. My skin doesnt feel tight, i can move around, but the flakes are unbearable. AHA doesnt even help me. I have to moisturize 3 or 4 times a day to get rid of flakes. I've even tried lac hydrin 5 as a moisturizer thinking it would solve my problems, but even with that i need to re moisturize a ton.
  3. I've never really brough it up to my friends, especially when my skin was really bad. They would sometimes be like UGH why am i breaking out, meanwhile the had like one tiny pimple. Lately there have been a few conversations about acne, and i for the most part have just sat back and listened. It actually really bothers me because they really have no idea what they are talking about it, while i know so much (at least i feel like it) . I am basically completely clear now thanks to the DKR regimen, and i had bad moderate acne. It did make me feel better though the other day when my friend was like oh btw your skin looks really good. Even though i'm clear, i still have to worry about my skin. (it gets flakey, and i can't go in the ocean or pools with my face under because my skin will dry out at flake off)
  4. When i started out the regimen i was doing it on my full face. I just couldnt deal with the irritation and flakiness all over that just wouldnt go away. This might make some people discontinue the regimen. I'm not sure if people already do this but....simply just pick one area of face (forehead, chin, etc.) to start out on the regimen. After irritation/flakiness subsides and you are pretty much clear there, start out the regimen on the next area of your face, and so on.. (while continuing the regimen wherever else you did it) . I did this and found it much easier to stick with the regimen, producing better results. Although i didnt put bp all over my face at the beginning, i did wash and moisurize everywhere. Good luck to all!
  5. I've been on the regimen for over a month now. With the areas i'm doing the regimen on, i'm pretty happy with the results. I still have to use a ton of moisturizer, and sometimes i will still flake. Lately though, my face will get so itchy (usually at night--if im out all day i wont usually have a problem with itching since i wont touch my face in public) that I cant control myself scratching it, and i get cuts on my face, which then form scabs (the cuts arent that big but look like acne scars...like i need more of that!) Usually only a small area itches at a time so i'll scratch that little spot pretty deeply..Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice?
  6. kk95

My plan.

as in very mild....
  7. kk95

My plan.

if its highly mild im sure its not a big deal.. but im not sure ive never used max clarity. It might be too harsh for your mild acne
  8. kk95

My Decision

Ok, so last friday i started the regimen. At first my skin was extremely red and irritated, and then this monday my skin started drying out and peeling. I need to wear makeup, so i decided i wasnt going to be able to live with the dry skin, even if it meant acne. So..i have decided to only do the regimen on my acne that is really bad (cysts .. i will do the regimen on my cheekbone area) . The rest of my acne is non inflamed or just very sporatic pimples. So yeah , thats my decision!
  9. thanks everyone! just now for my evening regimen , after cleansing i used some jojoba oil, and then the bp. i used a little less bp also. For the rest of the week i will use less bp, and then increase to 1/4 of a fingers worth like i was before.
  10. Hello everyone! This is my second time trying the regimen, about a year later. I just started a few days ago..my acne is looking better already! I've been doing 1/4 of a fingers worth BP twice a day..but my face looks like i got a horrible sun burn and feels like it too (i know its not one). Because of this i am forced to wear this heavy makeup to cover it, which doesnt even look that good. When i wake up in the morning it seems to be calmed down or at the end of the day..im not sure if that means anything. Anyways, im just here to ask you if you know of any tips to help relieve the redness and burning.
  11. yeah i would like to know the same.. ive been on dans regimen and i might want to change
  12. kk95

Cleaning Skin

Well,it probably would be best to use acne.org products. They are proven to work well together. Or, use Dan's recommended products, those are great too. I use his benzoyl peroxide, cerave moisturizer, and his cleanser. Be sure to read reviews on whatever you are planning to buy. Good luck!!
  13. yeah i guess it isnt really a big deal... next time im with him i will just be like "yeah soo whatd u mean by that" i guess in a flirty way just so he doesnt take it the wrong way haha thanks though guys just writing that and seeing responses made me feel better
  14. So i have a facebook right, and like a week ago one of my semi-friends (who is a guy) said that i have the most awkward photos he has ever seen. this was a wall post, so i just commented "thank you". really though, does this have anything to do with my acne even though it is really mild? i looked through my pics.. none of them too awkward to me. who the hell does he think is to say that to me reallyyyy !. it makes me even extra self concious
×