Proactiv Solution Repairing Lotion 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Reviews

Proactiv Solution Repairing Lotion 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

You should know that 2.5% does nothing

Ok so now from my experience, I can tell you that 2.5% Benzoyl does absolutely NOTHING for your skin. Like nada. IMO this product is nothing better than soap. It does nothign to help clear up your skin or to prevent new pimples from forming. I got suckered into this product years ago and really thought it would be a miracle because all those stars said it would work. Ummmm no not at all. This was the firs tof many many products I ended up trying and probably one of my least favorites.

Ok but just not enough

I tired Proactive for a while. I gave it a good shot, in my opinion. Nearly 2 years. I saw some clearing but nothing heart stopping. People still could tell I had acne. I still knew I had acne. I was still embarrassed by my face which really sucked. Like no amount of makeup helps when you have those craters. Just makes it look like you have makeup on top of acne, which is pretty gauche. Clearly it didn't help that I was in college, ate badly and was under a load of stress. At first, I could see the results with the repairing lotion but then I just kind of plateaued, maybe after like 2-3 weeks. It was really frustrating. I felt pretty lost like nothing would ever work. I went to a dermatologist finally, at my mom's urging but just mainly to hear what they had to say. I wasn't surprised when the derm wanted to put me on accutane - it is like their go-to isn't it?!. But I have hear too many bad things and was really against anything that was prescribed. The side effects sound awful. My mom suggested maybe my lifestyle needed to change so I started doing a lot of research about how lifestyle affects the skin and it turns out it is a lot. Especially stress. Which is hard to stop doing, stressing out. I finally found one company, Ninja, asked for a consultation and they really explained a lot to me that I didn't know. And what I could do on my own to help my skin - drink water, stop stressing out, sleep more, eat healthier. I guess most of it is common sense but hearing it from an expert really helped me. I told them about this product and basically, I think the main problem is that for anyone who has acne, not just a random zit, 2.5% is just not strong enough. I went first to their 5% benzoyl and then graduated to the 10%, which is what I am at now. And I use their Salicylic too in the daytime. And good lord - my face is clear. Clear clear clear. I am in disbelief about it still. but having someone actually tell me what to do step by step has been a miracle. I think the repairing lotion is ok but like I said, you just won't see the full results you want if you actually have acne. You need something stronger, at least in my experience.

Work Horse

I use the Proactiv Three Step System, but I think the Repairing Lotion is probably the most important step. I used this for 8 months with terrific results. Then I went off of it because I stopped taking the medication that was making me break out. Unfortunately, I'm on a new medication that plays with my hormones, so I'm breaking out again. I pulled this out and it's working like a charm. My bumps are shrinking, and I'm way less oily. I expect to be blemish free in about 5 weeks.

Comments

it really works but abit harsh to wear it alone

I have oily skin with enlarged pores and acne marks and scars, I used to get alot of white heads and black heads on my T zone and the occasionally cystic pimple every month. I have been using the lotion on and off, because it was abit drying and I wanted to try something else. I have tried retinol cream and it gave me a whole face of bumps and cystic acne in a week of using it, so I ended up going back to the lotion. I have tried other BP products over the year, but I found this one dries up my pimples the quickest. I recently started to use a product called Thursday Plantation clarifying oil as a moisturiser, I would massage the clarifying oil on my face first, then apply the lotion at the end. This way my face doesn't get irritated and still gets the benefit of the BP. I have been on this routine for 2 weeks now, my T-zone has became alot less oily, and my pores are definitely smaller.

Proactive Solution

I use the whole Proactiv System, but I think it's the Repairing Lotion that does most of the work. The 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is gentle enough to use over the whole face, which allows you to treat acne before it appears. The lotion formula feels moisturizing. I still only use it at night. I tried using it during the day, and it was too much. I got really dry and scaly. A light coating at night all over my t-zone, and in about 5 weeks, I was acne free. You have to keep using it though. If you quit, you'll just start breaking out again. Hands down the best BP I've ever used.

The Best Solution to Get Rid of Acnes & Blemishes

If you are having acnes and looking out for a genuine lotion which can help you to get rid of the same, this is the perfect choice. It clears your face of all the acnes/pimples and rejuvenates your face to give you a young and refreshing look. The developers which have come up with this unique lotion deserve a round of applause for their innovative and magical solution. Give it a try, you will surely find it helpful.

Pretty awesome cream!!

I think we should trust this product, it is professional and good working cream, I have used this product from long time and I hadn't any bad problems, but it is good for my skin and I prefer it, more than another product, it keeps my skin always healthy and clean, I really like it, thanks.

Comments

Didn't do it for me - made it worse...

I have very oily skin, with dark spots, and frequent acne breakouts. I used this about 2 years ago. Proactive just didn't work for me. I kept at it for awhile. It just made my skin breakout more. I switched to Acne.org and never looked back. That being said, it has worked for one of my friends.

I love it!

Let me start by saying of the whole line of proactiv I only use this, and I love it. I wash my face with the dove quarter moisture bar use the repairing lotion and then finish with Burt's bee's intense moisture lotion. My skin is tight and clear and beautiful! :)

Comments

Large piece in an ugly puzzle

Cleared skin... Very temporary results Does a hell of a lot more damaging than healing Could cause permanent skin dis function At first my skin, and I, adored this product. It provided a lasting clear feeling and texture like no other product. My face quickly got used to the BP I was using and refused to show steady results. I noticed my skin was losing the youthfulness that makes someone look attractive. Instead it was dry and completely deprived of any type of moisture. This led to my skin overproducing oil in very small time intervals which exasperated my acne into so many little bumps and greasiness like nothing I've ever seen. I am now convinced that there is no product that will work and I must resort to caveman regemine

HORRIBLE!!

Really cleared my skin. Eyes swollen shut. Red face that was too hot to touch. I found that Proactiv really worked. That is, until I woke up to large, almost swollen shut eyes and a face that was so red, it looked worse than a sun burn. I went to the clinic and they said the swelling might not go down in time for my graduation. When I googled this, I read that many people have this problem. It usually appears when someone uses it for a while, stops for more than a week, then continues again. Most people have this happen after years of use, but it only took me four months for side effects to occur. If I could rate this product zero out of five stars, I would. Wish me luck.

Comments

works on pimples hard to buy separately I buy the repairing lotion separately and use it for my BP step of the regimen. It's the only thing that hasn't clumped with my moisturizer. Last time I read the product recommendations for the regimen, it said gels didn't cause clumping, but every gel causes it for me. Even Dan's BP clumped. Definitely don't use it without moisturizing afterward, though. The proactiv instructions say to do that, but if you do that, your skin might be really dry.

Guest Jackie
Guest Jackie

worked at first MAJOR chemical burn, allergic reaction after months of use, now react to ALL benzoyl peroxide in any product. Makes my face puff out and eyes swell shut. I used the proactiv system for over a year, then one day I noticed my eyes were puffy (and I never put it near my eyes). After stopping use, it is 2 years later and I tried using a different 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel for acne around my mouth and on my jawline. Again, nowhere near my eyes, but my ENTIRE face was swollen the next morning and my eyes looked like they had been through 10 boxing rounds. Swollen for 3 days! I am horribly allergic now, and can't use any benzoyl peroxide at all, anywhere. Will have to stick to AHA or salicylic acid.

Comments

It is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, the correct amount according to acne.org - It burns - It dries tacky - It didn't clear up my skin much My skin was sticky all the time. I wasn't sure whether it was this product or the moisturizer. I changed treatments, not moisturizer, and the stickiness went away. So I know it was from this. Plus, it BURNS! Not worth the money.

Comments

none 1. it burns 2. it's very drying 3. it's not a lightweight lotion and feels sticky 4. most of all, it made things 10x worse. I gave proactiv a try again last summer and all it did was make my acne worse for me. People always say, everything gets worse but then it gets better. Lies! Proactiv made my face the worst it has been in my entire life.

Popular All-over treatments