Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser Reviews

Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser

2 stars only because of cost

So here is the deal - I have tried them all. I have suffered from acne since I was about 14 and that was a LONG time ago. I have been on prescription medication (that is an entirely different post, I think) and have suffered greatly because of it. I finally returned to topical treatments about 6 years ago after roughly 3 years on tetracycline and immediately tried Proactiv because it is the one that I hear about most, on TV, on message boards, friends etc. And it was relatively low cost compared to some other solutions. I only had one good friend who used it and it seemed to work well for her so why not?! But just like all of the people below, it was way too rough on my skin and I don't really consider myself to have sensitive skin. I also do not have allergies to Benzoyl before people jump to that conclusion. It is just rough. It did not stop the breakouts although it didn't leave a film on my skin, which I do appreciate. Needless to say, I didnt stay with it for very long... probably about 2 months before I moved on. Then tried product x, y z (you can insert any name and the likelihood is that I have used it) to no avail. Started on Ninja Skincare 2 months ago and so far am really enamored. There are about... I don't know 5-6 cleansers you can choose from based on your skin type and the one I am using now does not have any of the drying effects that I had with proactiv. Their topical medications come in different percentages too so you can choose how aggressive you want to be on your acne. So far so good and so far, super happy with it.

Comments

not for everyone, too harsh for me

Proactive system not work for me, made my skin worse. The microbeads inside it is too harsh, causing micoinjury to Skin. Definitely not for to use during breakaout as it can be painful to use. My work for other. By the way I have oily skin, moderate acne mostly of cystic type, 25 yr / female.

Temporary solution

Clears acne Smooths out skin Dries skin Skin becomes dependent on it, so acne returns when you stop using Expensive Within 2 weeks, this cleanser managed to clear my skin but became hopeless after i stopped using it. Acne returned even worse than before. I may continue using just for a quick fix while searching for something better.

Comments

Clears skin quickly Really rough on skin Inflames skin Expensive I got this for Christmas, so I'm not positive how much it costs. It did clear up my skin after about a week of use but it was so harsh. After using it, it would leave my skin really red and inflamed. The first time, my mom even asked if I had a sunburn because I was so red. It also dried out my chin and the areas around my nose and mouth. I had to stop eventually because of the side effects of burning and drying my skin.

Comments

worked for 2 weeks smells bad bleaches everything around you burnt my face very expensive in australia 106.00 a month!! better of walking into a store and buying a gentle wash i would never recommend this to anyone waste of my money and time

Guest Charlotte
Guest Charlotte

-Can get rid of light acne -Does not help moderate/severe acne. -If you stop using it for even for a day it will all come flooding back If you have moderate to severe acne I do not recommend this product to you.

Comments

Clears acne Prevents new acne Gives you a clean feeling Does actually shrink pores TOO drying Not for everyday use Smell like chemical I've been suffering from acne for half a year now ( I'm 18 ) My skin used to look perfect and acne-free until after a horrible day it broke out like crazy. My parents, my friends and even my teachers they told me that my face was a mess. Can you imagine how sad it was. I felt devastated, I stopped going out and spent most of my time sitting alone at home. My mom took me to a hospital, then a derm, but nothing seemed to work. My aunt, she sent me the Proactiv Kit but at first I didn't dare to use because of all the negative comments on the internet. However, as I was so desperate and I realized that I had nothing to lose, I finally decided to try Proactiv the 3-step system. And it works ! I know it doesn't work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. The cleanser was too drying at first, and it left my face crazily red for 3 days but acne was gone ! So, I decided that I couldn't use it everyday, so I switched to Cetaphil. However, as you all know Cetaphil is mild and gentle and to be honest it doesn't really cleanse the skin very well. So every 2 days I use Proactiv cleanser to exfoliate and prevent new acne and then switch back to Cetaphil. Just so you know, acne doesn't disappear in just one night so you have to be persistent and believe that you can CONTROL your acne. Do not let it control your life. Everyone deserves clear skin!!

Comments

It works it does a good job and really smooths out your skin.. It irritates your skin for the first time you use it like the first week. It works if you follow with the remaining steps of the 3 step systems and benzoyl peroxide specifically goes after acne and it kills is so i recommend to use it because if your patient and keep pushing it will pay off and use it every day because it s a routing that builds up to attack your bad skin

Guest Nick
Guest Nick

Only thing that works on my face! Leaves my skin so soft! Really reduces acne...a lot! Face pretty much NEEDS it after a while; if you get off, you will pay. I have pretty bad acne. I'm a guy -- 15 years old, and I have my fair share of discoloration. Cystic acne runs in the family. This cleanser, however, is the bomb. It helps tremendously. Only thing that works, though. Tried to get off and use different cleansers. Tried a whole bunch! Left my skin a wreck! Started using the Proactiv cleanser again & used the refining mask to get the acne rashes gone fast and it's gone! Yay!

Comments

Effective, Better texture than most "scrubs" or "microbead" cleansers Expensive, Scent This cleanser may be too harsh for those with moderate to severe inflamed acne since it has bp in its formula, but it has worked wonders on my non-inflamed acne's blackheads and whiteheads. I've used a variety of normal cleansers and scrubs designed specifically for blackheads but this is the only cleanser than left my skin feeling smoother and residue-free. Most "blackhead scrubs" were so mild that they barely did anything, but this one actually feels like it's polishing my blackheads/whiteheads away as it cleans. I use it with Laura's non-inflamed acne regimen (see the message boards) and it's been awesome. It didn't irritate my skin or leave any residue.

Guest caysie
Guest caysie

smooths skins gets rid of pimples fast doesnt irritate my skin or dry it out i got it for free (thats more of a personal pro though) smells NASTY bumpy and rough so it hurts this stuff works really good, really fast. the only problem is after awhile, my face kinda just got used to it and it doesnt really work anymore. it gets rid of current pimples (very slowly) but it doesnt prevent new ones from popping up like it used to. however, aside from the smell and texture, it works very good for the first few weeks. of course this doesnt sound great because it stops working (sort of) but trust me, if you buy this you wont be dissapointed.

Popular Exfoliating