Proactiv Solution Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15 Reviews

Proactiv Solution Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15

Disappointing

I bought this to try it out and I didn't have a moisturiser at the time. I had really high hopes given Proactiv's reputation but was really disappointed. I have oily skin and everyone recommends to use oil free moisturisers. So when I bought this one I had really high expectations. Surprisingly, it left my skin feeling oily well after applying and every time I've used it it caused tiny whitehead pimples on my cheeks, chin and forehead. At first I didn't attribute it to the moisturiser but after continued use it became clear that it was the cause so I stopped using it. Last night I thought I'd give it another go and the today woke up with the familiar whitehead break outs. Ill be going home and throwing it in the bin. I'm glad that I didn't jump on the Proactiv bandwagon and have definitely crossed that brand off my list.

FINALLY

I have searched far and wide for a day moisturiser with spf that is suited for my skin. After years of breakouts caused by many moisturisers and products, I don't understand why i totally forgot proactiv spf. I will mention though that this product is really suited for OILY acneic skin. If you have dry skin, this won't work for you. Often people will review a product negatively when it wasn't meant for your skin type to begin with thus, misrepresenting the product. My skin: acne prone, oily all over, sensitive, dark brown skin tone. PROS: - very light - dries matte - oil free - don't contain: petrolatum, mineral oil, pure glycerin, fragrance and parabens. - controls oil with Nylon-12 and Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate - blended sunblock (contains physical and chemical spf combo) - no white cast but your skin is left with a better looking complexion somehow, i love that. - easily available in stores (as it wasn't previously) - SPF 15 which if any higher, i noticed i tend to break out. the higher the spf the oilier according to skin experts. plus i have dark skin naturally so i really do not need higher spf. - NO BREAKOUTS, NO CLOGS, NO DRYNESS, NO REDNESS, NO IRRITATION. CONS: - expensive - available in stores in 50ml only. however, can be purchased online and/or on ebay for a bigger size. Skin care routine: DAY 1. wash with dermasukin oil balancing wash 2. apply proactiv SPF Night 1. wash with dermasukin oil balancing wash 2. apply clinique dramatically different GEL OR alternate with clindamycin phosphate lotion on some nights OR apply both. 3. tazorac 0.1% Products that broke me out: - neutrogena clear spf 30 (didnt cause acne but caused major rash on my neck and face due to the cinnamon complex ingredient in it) - neutrogena liquid fluid spf 50 - neutrogena ultra sheer spf 50 - neutrogena oil free moisturiser combination skin - neutrogena acne wash salicylic 2% - Sunsense Moisturising Face SPF 50 - Ego oil free matte moisturiser - Mario badescu oil free moisturiser - La Roche Posay Effaclar Gel cleanser (didn't break me out but was way too harsh for my skin. extreme dryness) - Skinstitut producs: gentle cleanser, lactic cleanser, oily skin moisturiser, spf 50, even blend serum.

Expensive But Good

I really like this moisturizer. It doesn't leave me greasy or cause me to break out. It's really the best moisturizer with SPF I've ever used. I only wish it didn't cost $40.00 dollars! I keep using it though, because it works.

Comments

Its so easy and affective why would you use the entire treatment systems.I used this combined with the green tea moisterizer and the first day i used it, it visibly reduced the pimples on myn face back and chest. It was 102 degrees outside and i put it on like an hour before i went swimming. I went swimming and didnt have any other sunscreen on, i was in the pool for at leat an hour and it protected the skin...no sunburn. The only issue i have is its kind of hard to rub in and it smells like sunscreen. I love it and for a proactive product it protects from the sun and moisterize at the same time

Comments

+Extra moisture for people with dry skin. +Smells like Sunscreen I used the whole line of Proactiv, and this every once and a while. It made no difference whatsoever. It was just another moisturizer. I have combo. skin. Oily everywhere except cheeks. This didn't help me at all, it was basically a gentle sunscreen.

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

I LOVE this moisturizer! I'm 24 and don't use Proactiv, (I used to) but I need the moisturizer. When I lost my bottle, after 2 weeks my skin felt flaky, blotchy, was full of zits and not pretty. You don't need the whole line of products, just this! A little expensive for the size, hard to find! You cannot buy this on its own, which is a bummer since it's the only part of the 'system' that I use. I would not go a day without using this moisturizer. I have tried literally a hundred other moisturizers from all kinds of different lines and stores, but I always come back to this. I always get compliments on my skin when I use the Oil Free Moisture and the SPF is a bonus. Plus it doesn't leave a heavy smell on your skin. I will NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE!

Guest Darlene
Guest Darlene

Loved it when I could buy it on the shopping channel,I useually got it with the show stopper. They quit offering it for sale, and the price on it's own is rediculous, I just checked today they have it but it was going to cost me $42.00 plus tax for 1 bottle. I loved it, and have always tried to use a spf moisturizer, I wish it were sold in Walmart, so it might be more affordable.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

Oil-free, noncomedogenic, no skin-irritating ingredients, SPF 15. Very light moisturizer (not very effective if you are using topical acne treatments, leaves white residue on your face, can make your face oily. I love the Proactiv Solution 3-piece system, so I figured I'd give this moisturizer a try. I wasn't very impressed with this product, but it is the best moisturizer with sunscreen I have found so far. It leaves a white residue on your face, so make sure you use it sparingly and also make sure your acne leave-on treatment has dried completely before putting it on if you are using a leave-on treatment like benzoyl peroxide. It can also make your face a little oily looking, so it's best not to use too much. I wish it would moisturize better. Overall, it's an ok product. Try for yourself and see if it works for you! Best wishes!

Guest Mackenzie
Guest Mackenzie

Feels light on face, SPF, oil-free. Felt sticky and looked shiny on my face, accents possible skin flakes, a little runny, doesn't apply evenly. It's not worth the high price, you can get many cheaper, better products for half the price. It also didn't absorb completely. I had slightly flaky, dry skin around my chin area and it just made the flakes white which in turn accented them. It was too watery as well, not very potent. I would feel I needed more in a couple hours, even though my face was shiny.

Guest Dion
Guest Dion

makes my skin a few shades lighter, water based, easy to go on, doesn't make my skin oily doesn't moisturize enough, shows my skins flakey-ness i really like how it makes my skin a few shades lighter, and my skin doesn't become as oily as before. however, it does not moisturize my skin enough, so i find myself either putting more layers of it on, or eczema cream (because i have eczema) just remember to put on another moisturizer if you live in a arid climate, and exfoliate with a SCRUB

Guest Janette
Guest Janette

Seems to absorb oil, SPF, blends in smooth, doesn't leave me greasy nor shiny like many other moisturizers do. Small for the price. I DO NOT use the proactiv 3 piece kit, just wash my face with the neutrogena wave and then apply this moisturizer after. I must say I've had BAD acne these past 2 years (22 yrs old now) and I've tried soo many routines. So far this one seems to be working the best. No this moisturizer doesn't help prevent acne despite who makes it, but it doesn't appear to make it worse, goes on nice, moisturizes, and of course has SPF. Great little addition to a routine. Try buying on ebay alone.

Guest beto
Guest beto

This is the greatest part of the kit . I luv it. Works well and makes my skin look as if i didnt have any scar. none love it ! Of course some people say it doesn't work, but actually it does, but u hav to be patient because the benzoyl is the one that makes ur skin dry.

Guest Natalie
Guest Natalie

Actually a fabulous SPF moisturiser. Light, hydrating. Thumbs up! Zinc oxide SPF, probably not the best on beige tones. Unless you want to pay P+H, not available on its own. After years of fooling around with moisturisers I actually found a light, reasonably agreeable moisturiser. I have greasy skin prone to flaky dry patches. The BAD NEWS is that unless you want to pay their postage charges it is NOT AVAILABLE on it's own. I tried. I would have been happy to continue with my Proactiv club membership had this product been available in one of their many offers, but the most you can get in their endless number of combinations is ONE moisturiser! You can buy multiples of most of the products, but only one of this one, and if you use this every day (which you should if you want to protect your skin), you will run out of this long before you ever run out of cleanser or the "repairing" lotion. Dumb, really dumb.

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

wow! wonderful! this is great! (just 2 tell every1 this is not suppeode 2 cure acne, its supposed 2 mosturize) it makes my face a little "oily" but im not sure if its oil. it removes the dead skin SO well. but, its kinda annoying if you have a lot of dead skin b/c then u have to get it ALL of or it will go right bac into your pores. I reccomend using this b4 u wask you face (i reccomend proactiv solution 2) but just remember every1s face is different!

Comments

great for people with oily skin doesn't contain too much cream it's a great product! it doesn't leave my skin oily. It feels great after using Daniel Kern's products. I just wish the bottle would be bigger.

Guest Mishele
Guest Mishele

horrible for dry, sensitive skin. My face was horribly flaky and then when I stopped using it, I had the worst breakout of my life. probably good for people with oily skin but don't believe when they say it's safe for sensitive skin. It burned and my face looked like a snake shedding its skin.

Popular With SPF