Proactiv Solution Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Proactiv Solution Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15

Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc oxide 3%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water (aqua), diethylhexyl sebacate, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, cyclohexasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, dimethicone, ceteareth-20, nylon-12, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol.

Disappointing
Reviewed on November 15, 2017

I bought this to try it out and I didn't have a moisturiser at the time. I had really high hopes given Proactiv's reputation but was really disappointed. I have oily skin and everyone recommends to use oil free moisturisers. So when I bought this one I had really high expectations. Surprisingly, it left my skin feeling oily well after applying and every time I've used it it caused tiny whitehead pimples on my cheeks, chin and forehead. At first I didn't attribute it to the moisturiser but after continued use it became clear that it was the cause so I stopped using it. Last night I thought I'd give it another go and the today woke up with the familiar whitehead break outs. Ill be going home and throwing it in the bin. I'm glad that I didn't jump on the Proactiv bandwagon and have definitely crossed that brand off my list.

FINALLY
Reviewed on September 7, 2017

I have searched far and wide for a day moisturiser with spf that is suited for my skin. After years of breakouts caused by many moisturisers and products, I don't understand why i totally forgot proactiv spf.

I will mention though that this product is really suited for OILY acneic skin. If you have dry skin, this won't work for you. Often people will review a product negatively when it wasn't meant for your skin type to begin with thus, misrepresenting the product.

My skin: acne prone, oily all over, sensitive, dark brown skin tone.

PROS:

very light

dries matte

oil free

don't contain: petrolatum, mineral oil, pure glycerin, fragrance and parabens.

controls oil with Nylon-12 and Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate

blended sunblock (contains physical and chemical spf combo)

no white cast but your skin is left with a better looking complexion somehow, i love that.

easily available in stores (as it wasn't previously)

SPF 15 which if any higher, i noticed i tend to break out. the higher the spf the oilier according to skin experts. plus i have dark skin naturally so i really do not need higher spf.

NO BREAKOUTS, NO CLOGS, NO DRYNESS, NO REDNESS, NO IRRITATION.

CONS:

expensive

available in stores in 50ml only. however, can be purchased online and/or on ebay for a bigger size.

Skin care routine:

DAY

1. wash with dermasukin oil balancing wash

2. apply proactiv SPF

Night

1. wash with dermasukin oil balancing wash

2. apply clinique dramatically different GEL OR alternate with clindamycin phosphate lotion on some nights OR apply both.

3. tazorac 0.1%

Products that broke me out:

neutrogena clear spf 30 (didnt cause acne but caused major rash on my neck and face due to the cinnamon complex ingredient in it)

neutrogena liquid fluid spf 50

neutrogena ultra sheer spf 50

neutrogena oil free moisturiser combination skin

neutrogena acne wash salicylic 2%

Sunsense Moisturising Face SPF 50

Ego oil free matte moisturiser

Mario badescu oil free moisturiser

La Roche Posay Effaclar Gel cleanser (didn't break me out but was way too harsh for my skin. extreme dryness)

Skinstitut producs: gentle cleanser, lactic cleanser, oily skin moisturiser, spf 50, even blend serum.

Expensive But Good
Reviewed on September 12, 2016

I really like this moisturizer. It doesn't leave me greasy or cause me to break out. It's really the best moisturizer with SPF I've ever used. I only wish it didn't cost $40.00 dollars! I keep using it though, because it works.

not into it
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

I love all proactive products but this one. It's greasy, and it inflamed my acne (SPF sensitivity.)

Hi, Proactive sucks
Anonymous
Reviewed on August 25, 2010

I love it and for a proactive product it protects from the sun and moisterize at the same time

Anonymous
Reviewed on August 24, 2010

I used the whole line of Proactiv, and this every once and a while. It made no difference whatsoever. It was just another moisturizer. I have combo. skin. Oily everywhere except cheeks. This didn't help me at all, it was basically a gentle sunscreen.

Kay, Chicago, IL
Reviewed on October 18, 2009

I would not go a day without using this moisturizer. I have tried literally a hundred other moisturizers from all kinds of different lines and stores, but I always come back to this. I always get compliments on my skin when I use the Oil Free Moisture and the SPF is a bonus. Plus it doesn't leave a heavy smell on your skin. I will NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE!

Darlene, Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed on March 10, 2009

I loved it, and have always tried to use a spf moisturizer, I wish it were sold in Walmart, so it might be more affordable.

claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed on March 6, 2009

it didnt work for me. i had dry skin and i put this on and it made my skin oily and the dryness didnt subside. waste of money/time.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org