Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System Reviews

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System
2.64,751 reviews

Poor Results, Worst customer service, Fake company to take money over & over

The product does not work, it helps reduce redness temporarily but then they all come back worse than ever! This company ignore you, but continue to take your money monthly without your consent. I cancelled the subscription after a couple of months as it was a waste of money, they stopped sending the items but did not stop taking £30 a month from my account! Best acne treatment is from the GP which also prevents scarring, not this overpriced 5 second wonder that actually makes acne worse in the long run!

Working somewhat, HORRIBLE service tho

Was working somewhat. But horrible customer service. My order was delayed (November - December) so we called up to ask, you know, what the hell was going on. They said our subscription had been changed from 30 days to 90 days(even tho we did not request such a thing nor were we told this was going to happen) so we should expect it to be delivered on January 17th. Along comes Jan 17, nothing. It is Jan 22 now and we called up to ask again, what the hell is going on? They told us they were sorry but the order is to come in 21 days. By then, it will be February. My order has been delayed from November all the way to February and who knows,they might even screw up again. Obviously going to cancel once the order comes in as the payment has already gone and of we cancel they product won't be delivered. DEFINITELY DO NOT recommend this stress to be passed on to anyone.

Ineffective

A year ago I tried this product and it seemed trust worthy , with all the commercials I seen and positive reviews . Well I would say I have mild acne , once I started to use the product I didn't even see a slight difference until months later . It wasn't anything that was life changing that made my skin look great but my skin cleared a little bit . About a month later I decided to stop using proactive because it did nothing to change my skin at all , once I did my acne started to get worse back to the way it used to be . And I would always use other face washes , and nothing seemed to help . So from using proactive I'd say since I stopped using it it made my skin worse than it already was .

Worse company ever

This is really bad company I ordered Proactiv last March and it said I suppose to get 3 installments and it's 75$ but however they send 3 kit by every other month and I thought I am done with paying with it but they charged money from my acc on August September and October I called customer care on September and I said I don't want items anymore and Plz stop charging my card and they said ok but next month they charged again and then I called my credit card and disputed payment and Proactiv start sending letters to me and it said I have past due of 75.36$ so however I had to pay double. Worse company ever I think I spent more than 200$ for 3 boxes

Comments

Billing issues and not even effective.

NOT EVEN WORTH A STAR! I don't even know how to describe how upset I am. They want me to pay for something I did not receive. I tried talking to them and they would not help me. I even have photos to prove it. I wish I can post it here. So I have monthly shipment and I have been using it for months. Nothing really has changed in my skin. I got a replacement card so obviously my payments would not go through. I ignored it and not changed the card because I did not want to receive anymore shipments. But they still sending me, so I paid for it to be fair. Now, I received an invoice dated August 21, 2017 with the amount of 131.82. So again, I paid for it just so I wouldn't think about it, not knowing if I received it or not. I have too many problems and Proactiv should not be one of them. Then I keep receiving emails that I have to pay this past due invoice amounting 131.82. So I ignored it because obviously I am not receiving anything anymore for a long time and I just paid a check. And its already November and still receiving it and said they will put my account on credit collections. So I looked up my account and see my order history. Even my account is already closed I should still see it, its my right, but there is nothing on it. So I talked to them and tell them my problem. They explained to me that my last check was applied to my FEBRUARY package and they are asking for MAY package. So I told them how would I even know I received that package if I haven't received it for a long time and I cannot see my order history. One of them said they could replace it but they cannot take out the invoice and they changed it to "look for the package if I am not sure if I received it" because she was advised to say it. Okay, how can I look for a package that I haven't received in a long time? That was stupid, I just said okay because I am already upset. So I breath and called again and make them understand my point. First: why are they keep sending me packages I have not paid and my card is not on file. Second: why did they sent a package if I already have a balance from previous package. Third: The invoice I paid is dated August so it should reflect both past balances. The last invoice should have two 131.82 with total of 263. 64. They told me they are giving separate invoices for different packages. I mean, who does that? People who tried to get money from people that's for sure. So my mom advised me to just pay for it so I wouldn't have record. I feel cheated, it is so unfair. I am paying for something I did not receive or not even my fault because I am scared to have record. DO NOT BE LIKE ME. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

I am agree with you Rainee DO NOT BUY ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY

Buying product is a hassle - Avoid.

The product does well enough but they hire 3rd parties to distribute it - causing a floodgate of issues and frustration to the customer as you can see from the other reviews - and when there is an issue, attempt at resolve includes long hold times and uninformed and at times impatient customer service reps who assume they know your issue and interrupt to go on unnecessary tangents (which we know is true of most customer service experiences). Bottom line: the buying process is a hassle and there are other great acne products out there. My review stems from an outrageous experience with their Kiosk 3rd party, Zoom Systems and a malfunction of their machine. I order one product kit on 10-18-17, received one, and was charged for two. In the refund process, I was told that Proactiv - without notice - stopped giving refunds and assigned Zoom Systems to start doing all the refunds. I happened to be caught in that transition. I have reached out to what I found to be Proactiv customer care only to find they are also a 3rd party and after 22 minutes I finally got Proactiv's corporate address. Proactiv is not a scam as others are saying, but they over complicate the buying process in their quest to trap people into ongoing autoship options. It is a setup for an unhappy buying experience and hours on the phone with miserable call center staff.

TeenGirl14

had to put a rating when this product doesn't even deserve half a star

im a teen girl born mixed race so i have tan skin and this practically bleached my face and didn't help with the acne either,i was so hung on trying to make this work but it didn't so i gave up on proactiv,the only thing i use from this brand is their rotating cleansing brush cause thats the only useful and helpful thing they have that actually WORKS.

Wow, I would highly recommend you to stop using the brush as well. The reason why I say this is because the brush type facial cleansing system will actually harm your skin! They are too rough for our faces. trust me. If you really need help with your acne and looking for good skin cleansing product, I will be happy to introduce you to what I use.

Ineffective at treating cystic acne

I have tried this product to help clear my hormonal cystic acne and found it to be ineffective in treating this type of acne. I used it daily for 3 months, and felt it did nothing to help my acne. I was still breaking out and my skin was dry and itchy. I have used nothing but natural remedies for the past 3 months and my acne has completely cleared up. I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my bio. I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now.

You’ve commented the same thing on about 5 different acne treatment products...... just a plug to watch your video!! Which doesn’t make it sound very trustworthy! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

User for almost 5 years

I tried Proactiv for the first time in my oily-faced teenage years after a number of other products had failed to help me manage my acne problem. Since I had only heard of Proactiv via commercials, I was skeptical at first, but after coming across this review from Cosmo I decided to give it a shot: [link edited out] Since then, Proactiv has become a normal part of my daily beauty routine and I can happily report my skin is now smooth and acne free.

AWFUL !! stay away

This website is a scam,once they receive a payment they will continue to take money and not send products, in the last 5 months they took money for the most expensive kit 4 times and I only received 1 kit !. After trying to contact for months I am told to wait every time and nothing can be done... stay away from this company.

This is serious, this company is a scammer. I bought this product for my son, after two weeks of use his face started to get red, and he stopped the treatment. They sent me a second packet of products, then charged me for a third shipment, which never came. I got in touch with them and it did not help. I went to the bank to file the complaint. The bank was responsible for the payment. This company is a scam and the product of very poor quality.
sat

Avoid Proactive...FRAUD

Please avoid to Order from this company. Products are very bad, just moisturiser, very very poor quality product and take money from your account without your consent and take payment for next order without informing you. If you return the product, you have to pay the return postage from your pocket and only refunds half. Need to involve the Bank to get money back. Planning to complaint to the UK governing bodies. AVOID AVOID PRO ACTIVE.

DLW

Not for me - their customer service is also horrible

I ordered a 30-day supply.... after 2 weeks, the product started to really dry my face out and make me break out even more. So I stopped using it. Then I weirdly received another package, much to my surprise. I was very busy that month and didn't get a chance to return the box, but thought I was just enrolled on another 30 day. So I was happy to take the hit because I couldn't get back to them earlier. Then I received a mail, saying my payment was overdue for a 90 day supply. I didn't event realise I was automatically enrolled to a 90 day supply, seeing as I never opened my box didn't get this notice... I tried to refund but their customer service was really unhelpful and completely understand its been 60 days after I received the box. They didn't email me to confirm my 90 days subscription... so I've had to grin and bear it - be carefull if you order any of their products.... I wouldn't recomend it because it includes so much more chemicals and dries your skin out... plus their customer service is dreadful.

Proactive Forever! 💜��

I have been battling with moderate acne since I was 15. Last 2007, I discovered Proactiv and I can say that this product has helped me achieve the clear skin I have always wanted. I tried switching to ProactivPlus but I have discovered that I don't react well with Salycylic Acid so I went back to using the Original and for ten years now, it is still my go-to product. It has become a part of my daily regimen. It feels good on the skin and I have no issues applying make up on top of it. I also used Proactiv while I was pregnant with my second and I had the best skin compared to my first (Proactiv and pregnancy hormones - the perfect combination �). For those who are keen to give this product a try, please do not give up on the first few months. My face turned red and peeled off on the first few weeks, but I persevered. The acne did not just disappear instantly and about three months after using, my face cleared up. I have recently read Dr. Dubrow's book The Acne Cure and it actually makes sense that Proactiv contains the products that is needed to get rid of acne - Glycolic Acid (Step 2) and BP (Step 1 & 3). To those who took their time to read this, I wish you all the best. Thank you Dr. Rodan & Dr. Fields! Proactiv Forever!

DO NOT BUY

I have only been a customer of proactive for a short period of time (a few months) and would like to say that the customer service and the product are horrific. Firstly the product made no change to my skin except left it dry, therefore in my experience the product does not work. However the main fault in this company is the terrible customer service. They sent me extra items that I didn't ask for costing £90!! I then got a very rude lady at the end of the telephone telling me to listen to what she had to say. I then had to pay postage to send the items back and they charge you postage for an item you don't want and don't give you that back either! Everything takes an incredible amount of time for them to process, this issue happened in March and only now in May am I getting my money back that they took without me knowing, no email, no call - nothing. Don't give them your credit card they will just take take take until you realize. Worst company I have ever dealt with

Terrible customer service

I was first a proactiv customer 6 yrs ago. Customer service was impeccable then. I cancelled/deactivated my subscription in January to try a different charcoal product. I asked at that time to pay what I owed in full and I was told I did. I got a bill 3 months later. I called and the representative told me that I still owed an installment that they shipped late last year. I told her that I was told my bill was paid in full in January. The woman just kept repeating my balance owed and did not address my complaint. I finally gave up and decided to pay. I gave her my card number and she told me that was not a working card number and wanted a different card. I told her that was very much a working card number and she replied 'do you have a different card or....'. I just hung up. I emailed proactiv with the above complaint and they replied 'your account has been deactivated. This is your current balance. Please pay it when it's due.' SERIOUSLY. My account had been deactivated since January at which time I was told I'd paidy balance. TERRIBLE customer service

Comments

The charge your credit card even you cancel the subscription and you have to pay for shipping if you want to return the product

The customer service is the worst, Also do not give them credit cards. They will start charging your credit card without authorization. They will send the packages and then you have to pay for the shipping to return the package. I post to stop the subscription after see that this bunch of cute but expensive bottles did not work. The did put a "stop for six months" after that they charged me and shipped a bunch of bottles to me. I called again, and I made sure to say cancel my subscription. Today it is five months after that, and they did it again. The shipping back cost me about 25 dollars. I replaced my credit card to make sure they do not charge me again. In the end, the product did not work as advertised

Comments

Customer service starting to falter

I've been using Proactiv for over 10 years now and my skin has stayed quite clear with the occasional flare ups. Most recently I've been getting more flare ups so I called in to see if they could send me a spot treatment. Before I called today, their customer service had been impeccable; no wait, courteous reps, and they always let me try the different moisturizers for free in the winter when my skin got dry. The rep I had today offered for me to pay $20 for the pen and $16 for the blemish treatment. I asked if they had samples since I don't want to try the product and dislike it and waste it. That wasn't an option. Quite disappointed since these are things the company usually gifts me for free and they even note on a flyer in my monthly box and I can receive free product gifts, samples, and sneak previews. Hoping this was just a fluke rep since in the past the company has bent over backwards.

nope

I wish there was an option for 0 stars becuase this product deserves it. Proactiv is a scam for your money. I personally have combination oily skin but more towards the oily side. Within the first 2/3 days my skin was so dry I had to stop using it but i tried again and kept with it for about 3 months. I cannot emphasize how much this product doesnt work its drying and it burns and it does not clear acne I would recommend only to my worse enemies.

Comments

Teenage Cystic Acne Finally Subdued!!!

I've had awful acne since the fourth grade, and I mean constant severe cystic acne due to natural hormones and stress. I've tried everything, from the drugstore to multiple prescriptions from the doctor, you name it, I've used it. Nothing seemed to really get rid of the acne. Then I tried Proactiv. It lessened my acne and redness significantly in just a few weeks. It was sadly the last thing I tried since I was skeptical from all the gimmicky infomercials. Don't let that deter you. It does make my skin very dry, (even the moisturizer has Benzoyl Peroxide), so I don't even use it as directed. Instead of twice a day, I use it before bed along with my rosewater witch hazel toner and then I just use the witch hazel toner in the morning. I look like a completely different person from pictures last year. I love this stuff. Thank you, Proactiv!!! P.S. If this is drying your skin out, go to using it ONCE a day and BUY A MOISTURIZER. I use Neutrogena's face lotion for sensitive skin. The Proactive moisturizer is great but it's meant to reduce oil and kill bacteria too, so it can really dry out sensitive skin. Just use the system, and then after everything dries, slap a squirt and a half of the Neutrogena on your face and bam. I use the Neutrogena along with my Thayer's rosewater witch hazel toner which actually tones and moisturizes. If it's drying you out, don't send it back before trying this! I've been using Proactiv for almost two years.

Great for Teens and Early Acne Prone

I think this is a great kit for a teen or early acne-prone individual. It works fairly well but more importantly teaches the basics of a skin care regimen. It is easy to use and creates a method for those to start adapting good skin care habits for long term. Not so sure on the use of the toner except to remove any dirt that wasn't removed [link edited out] the first product. If a product were removed from this I would say the toner could be. This could also be a good start for an adult who was developing acne at a later age and who had not had it early on. Good basic regimen to begin with. Also white sheet and towel alert - it bleaches so use light or white sheets and towels.

It works

I been having acne sense middle school my grandmother use to buy me a lot of products for my face nothing had worked. She had order me Proactiv in 8th grade I had used it next morning I worked up my face was very red as if I had sunburn , face was kind of puffy , very tight. She sented it back the next day!! Still was having acne problems . Then when I turned 18 I was very tired of it I order it again and I put small amount on it same problem happen but my acne was going away so I just put up with it stayed in the house for a about 2 weeks took off work on paid leave until my face heeled and I had cleared skin I was very happy!!!! Everybody skin is different and reacts to certain chemicals differently if u can't take off work like I did and have the same problem my suggestion is start on 1 part of your face. For example put it on your forehead if its ance there and once it clears up put it on the other side. And continue around the other part of your face .

Popular Over-the-counter treatments