Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4551 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Renewing Cleanser
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Revitalizing Toner
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Repairing Treatment
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Ineffective at treating cystic acne
Reviewed on October 16, 2017

I have tried this product to help clear my hormonal cystic acne and found it to be ineffective in treating this type of acne.

I used it daily for 3 months, and felt it did nothing to help my acne. I was still breaking out and my skin was dry and itchy.

I have used nothing but natural remedies for the past 3 months and my acne has completely cleared up.

I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my bio.

I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now.

User for almost 5 years
Reviewed on September 20, 2017

I tried Proactiv for the first time in my oily-faced teenage years after a number of other products had failed to help me manage my acne problem.

Since I had only heard of Proactiv via commercials, I was skeptical at first, but after coming across this review from Cosmo I decided to give it a shot: [link edited out]

Since then, Proactiv has become a normal part of my daily beauty routine and I can happily report my skin is now smooth and acne free.

AWFUL !! stay away
Reviewed on August 2, 2017

This website is a scam,once they receive a payment they will continue to take money and not send products, in the last 5 months they took money for the most expensive kit 4 times and I only received 1 kit !. After trying to contact for months I am told to wait every time and nothing can be done... stay away from this company.

by CarmenBR on 10/10/2017 10:09
This is serious, this company is a scammer. I bought this product for my son, after two weeks of use his face started to get red, and he stopped the treatment. They sent me a second packet of products, then charged me for a third shipment, which never came. I got in touch with them and it did not help. I went to the bank to file the complaint. The bank was responsible for the payment. This company is a scam and the product of very poor quality.
Terrible reaction and cannot return
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

Unfortunately my skin reacted terribly to Proactiv and now I cannot return it. I bought from Amazon.

Good or bad?
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

This worked for my younger years, but as I grew older my acne started to change... It stopped working and started causing more breakouts on my face :(

Avoid Proactive...FRAUD
Reviewed on July 13, 2017

Please avoid to Order from this company. Products are very bad, just moisturiser, very very poor quality product and take money from your account without your consent and take payment for next order without informing you. If you return the product, you have to pay the return postage from your pocket and only refunds half. Need to involve the Bank to get money back. Planning to complaint to the UK governing bodies. AVOID AVOID PRO ACTIVE.

Not for me - their customer service is also horrible
Reviewed on July 7, 2017

I ordered a 30-day supply.... after 2 weeks, the product started to really dry my face out and make me break out even more. So I stopped using it. Then I weirdly received another package, much to my surprise. I was very busy that month and didn't get a chance to return the box, but thought I was just enrolled on another 30 day. So I was happy to take the hit because I couldn't get back to them earlier.

Then I received a mail, saying my payment was overdue for a 90 day supply. I didn't event realise I was automatically enrolled to a 90 day supply, seeing as I never opened my box didn't get this notice... I tried to refund but their customer service was really unhelpful and completely understand its been 60 days after I received the box. They didn't email me to confirm my 90 days subscription... so I've had to grin and bear it - be carefull if you order any of their products.... I wouldn't recomend it because it includes so much more chemicals and dries your skin out... plus their customer service is dreadful.

Proactive Forever! 💜👍😁
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

I have been battling with moderate acne since I was 15. Last 2007, I discovered Proactiv and I can say that this product has helped me achieve the clear skin I have always wanted. I tried switching to ProactivPlus but I have discovered that I don't react well with Salycylic Acid so I went back to using the Original and for ten years now, it is still my go-to product.

It has become a part of my daily regimen.

It feels good on the skin and I have no issues applying make up on top of it.

I also used Proactiv while I was pregnant with my second and I had the best skin compared to my first (Proactiv and pregnancy hormones - the perfect combination 😁).

For those who are keen to give this product a try, please do not give up on the first few months. My face turned red and peeled off on the first few weeks, but I persevered. The acne did not just disappear instantly and about three months after using, my face cleared up. I have recently read Dr. Dubrow's book The Acne Cure and it actually makes sense that Proactiv contains the products that is needed to get rid of acne - Glycolic Acid (Step 2) and BP (Step 1 & 3).

To those who took their time to read this, I wish you all the best.

Thank you Dr. Rodan & Dr. Fields! Proactiv Forever!

DO NOT BUY
Reviewed on May 15, 2017

I have only been a customer of proactive for a short period of time (a few months) and would like to say that the customer service and the product are horrific. Firstly the product made no change to my skin except left it dry, therefore in my experience the product does not work. However the main fault in this company is the terrible customer service. They sent me extra items that I didn't ask for costing £90!! I then got a very rude lady at the end of the telephone telling me to listen to what she had to say. I then had to pay postage to send the items back and they charge you postage for an item you don't want and don't give you that back either! Everything takes an incredible amount of time for them to process, this issue happened in March and only now in May am I getting my money back that they took without me knowing, no email, no call - nothing. Don't give them your credit card they will just take take take until you realize. Worst company I have ever dealt with

Terrible customer service
Reviewed on April 3, 2017

I was first a proactiv customer 6 yrs ago. Customer service was impeccable then. I cancelled/deactivated my subscription in January to try a different charcoal product. I asked at that time to pay what I owed in full and I was told I did. I got a bill 3 months later. I called and the representative told me that I still owed an installment that they shipped late last year. I told her that I was told my bill was paid in full in January. The woman just kept repeating my balance owed and did not address my complaint. I finally gave up and decided to pay. I gave her my card number and she told me that was not a working card number and wanted a different card. I told her that was very much a working card number and she replied 'do you have a different card or....'. I just hung up. I emailed proactiv with the above complaint and they replied 'your account has been deactivated. This is your current balance. Please pay it when it's due.' SERIOUSLY. My account had been deactivated since January at which time I was told I'd paidy balance. TERRIBLE customer service