Potato Reviews

Potato

Potato cubes

Ingredients: potatoes and apple cider vinegar instructions: blend together ingredients and pour into ice tray and put in the freezer until frozen. After cleansing face grab a potato cube and rub all over your face, leave on for three minutes and then rinse. I've been doing this for almost 6 months now and let me tell you 'It WORKS!!'� I saw results in less than a week, now my skin looks all dewy and clear and stuff, I've fallen in love with potato cubes lol.

Did nothing for me :/

It didn't make my acne any worse, but it did nothing to help my scars. I would cut a fresh potato into thin slices and rub them all over my face then leave them on overnight; I did this for two weeks, no difference.

Leaving overnight is not good for ur face U know potatoes contain acid u should leave just 30 min .

Sweet potatoes

I must be frank, I know nothing of how rubbing raw potatoes on the skin can react with acne. However, I do know how consuming potatoes (specifically sweet potatoes) affect acne. Sweet potatoes, I've read from multiple sources, actually refrain from spiking a person's blood sugar (and keeping blood sugar balanced is quite important to maintain clear skin)...unlike white potatoes, and react rather positively with people who have sensitive, acne prone skin. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B, etc. In my personal life, I found that increasing my consumption of sweet potatoes did in fact help my skin over a period of months. Sometimes a small diet change can have a large affect on skin. Best of luck!

OH-MY-GOD!

i just made the account to write this cuz i want everybody to know this. I'm using potato's juice on my whole face now, it just blocks new acne, kills the active ones, fades out the scars, and brighten the color. Yeah im very serious about that it brightens your color too. It has B5 in it, i think it kills the acne. just apply it every night and it will remove all of your blemishes and acne.

I have severe acne problem. I've started using potato on my face recently. I just blend potato and use that blended potato on my face. Is that okay? Or I have seperate the juice and then use it?
Is it safe to leave on all night, or is it too irritating? Also, is it irritating on your face at all/ leaves it dry?
Can i use it daily? I am afraid because potatoes contain acid.

Oral Allergy Syndrome - Don't Use!!

For someone who has Oral Allergy Syndrome this didn't work for me at all. I'm a teenager with mild acne scarring. What I did was washed and peeled a potato, slicing it and rubbing it over my face with the juice and then slicing the potato thinner so I could apply the potato as sheets to my acne scars. After a couple of minutes my face started itching all over where I had applied the potato juice and I ended up washing my face immediately before 5 minutes was even up. My face had formed bumps and went all red like I had an allergic reaction (which I didn't realise until afterwards that it could be due to OAS). All I can recommend is that if you have OAS then I suggest you don't try this as you might have an allergic reaction similar to mine. If you don't have OAS and you experience the same reaction as mine then I suggest you wash your face immediately and apply baby powder all over where you applied the potato juice. This is what I did and went to sleep with the baby powder on my face and the bumps and redness had calmed completely overnight. The only reason I give 2 stars is that I had a bed reaction to it, although this may not be the case if I didn't have OAS. All I can say is that if you don't experience any OAS symptoms then potato juice may work for you, it just didn't work for me. Thanks

Comments

BRILLIANT - soothing for cystic acne and fades scars too

OK, so you can tell by my username I'm a fan! I've had mild acne (just the occasional zit really) most of my life since I was about 19. (I'm 43 now). Any time I've had more than two cystic zits at a time I've gone to the doc's or dermatologist to see what they could do (antibiotics, birth control, Roaccutane, I've tried them all - nothing worked.) Then about 5 months ago I had a bad reaction to probiotics (milk kefir actually) and developed really bad cysts on my neck. Horrendous. It calmed down when I stopped taking the kefir but my skin hasn't completely gone back to normal, because since then I get on average one or two new spots each day. I've been trying to eat more cleanly (lots more veg, lemon water, green tea, peppermint tea, organic foods as much as poss) but I now have what I guess is moderate acne - mostly on my neck but also other areas too. I ditched all chemical skincare products a few months ago, and have washed my face with all sorts of random stuff from the kitchen - honey, oats, bicarbonate of soda, turmeric and chickpea paste - and a few oils (olive, castor, jojoba, argan, etc.) Some of these things have calmed down the acne, but NOTHING takes away the sting like rubbing a potato all over the affected area. Try it - it's so soothing, and it actually brings down the inflammation immediately! My spots don't get me down so much when I can't feel them. I've been doing this about 3 times a day for the last 5 days or so (for 5-20 mins, depending on time availability) and I'm impressed with the results on active zits and on scars as well. Not a complete cure yet for me, but I also started drinking potato juice on an empty stomach in the morning and at night before bed a few days ago, and I feel that if it soothes my insides as much as it does my skin, it's got to be a good thing. I understand this is a long term thing though, so I will update in a few months if I see any changes. Anyway, don't delay a second longer, go grab a spud, chop it and rub it on your face! I can't believe it's taken me over 20 years and the answer was in my kitchen cupboard all along!!!

Comments

HIGHLY RECOMMEND-Really works to fade acne scars

I have a tan complexion so my acne always results in scars on my face. I been using potato peels on my face for about 1 month, it has legit made a massive impact in fading my scars. I take a potato wash it and cut in half. Using a peeler i cut thin slices and apply the peel directly on my face. I leave it on for 20 minutes, it will start to get dry....remove and repeat. I do this every night for 1 hour ( 20 min intervals X3). You can honestly see the difference in fading the scars the night of. Not only does it help fade the dark spots, it actually helps reduce the acne from becoming red and inflamed..keeps those about to pop pimples small and clean to pop (if that makes sense). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Someone who has been using Retin A (1%) , Vitamin C serum and Glycolic acid. Adding this to my regimen speeds up the process-and it super cheap!

Please help! How did you incorporate the potatoes to your skin care routine? What is your process? For example, wash face, slices potatoes to skin, rinse, toner, moisturise etc.?

Life forever changed

I've had acne for God knows how long. I think it started around 6th grade; super infrequent but just got worse once I got to high school. By senior year, it was too rare if I had a "clear skin day". I used proactiv for about two years and decided I didn't want to keep my skin addicted to it. Especially in college when I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore. It kept my skin under control, but wasn't like a "wonder product" or anything. I had literally tried everything for my face after that though. Diaper rash cream, sugar, sea salt, clarisonic, oatmeal, origins skincare regimen , avoiding dairy--nothing worked for me. I finally decided to go to a derm because it got to the point where the day before senior ditch day, I cried because I couldn't take the self consciousness. I felt like I was the only one going through this. I had always been addicted to picking at everything and I couldn't go out in public without some sort of concealer on my face. When I went to the derm, she prescribed me clyndamycin, oral antibiotics called doxycycline, tretinoin cream, and panoxyl face wash for in the shower. Didn't really work for me, even after the 2 months of testing it out. My friend told me that maybe it was the unnatural acne products that were making my skin addicted. So while I was on vacation, I tried out potato. I had read reviews and my auntie always said it was a miracle product for her skin when she was a teenager. So I bought an organic potato and cut a thin spherical strip off. I rubbed it all over my face, nothing else. Then just let it dry. The first few weeks nothing really dramatic changed. I mean it made my skin feel cleaner and I think my skin was backlashing from the lack of acne products from the derm. But here I am a month later and almost all of my marks are gone, I literally never get that overnight acne that would pop up or really any pimples for that matter. My skin is clear and my life is completely changed forever. P.S. The fresh face masks from Lush are miracle products too. They're all natural and I would never think to use any other masks on my face anymore.

Did you use it everyday? Is it better for 20 or 30 minutes each time you apply it?

Review

I had acne almost 10 years.I tried everything; home remedies and dermatologist, but never got any good result. I decided to try potato, and it worked very well. I have been using potato for almost 1month and my face skin is almost clear, and it worked for my black patch on chin also. Hope it will help you :) One thing is you have to be be patient, try it for like a month or 2.

Miracle???

I got acne breakout in September 2015. Now, I only have the scars but I still have pimples though. But not that many. I tried everything but nothing worked. I mean, it worked but not completely. I want to remove my pimples for good and never come back. I tried potato and I think it is a miracle because when I tried it on my face, I could literally see that my pimples are getting dry real quick! The next day I checked my face and guess what? My pimples are gone. But the scars are stubborn. I'm going to continue this until my pimple marks are completely gone. :) Hope this helps

i also have breakout from sept. 2015 :( from coconut oil

Okay, so here's the key to POTATO JUICE...

...I stumbled upon a weird blurb about raw potato juice about 3 years ago in regards to dealing with acne. It works great when topically applied, but the real key is to actually DRINK the juice. I juice 2 red potatoes with the peel on (make sure they are free of black spots and sprouts, they should be fresh) in the morning and I drink it on an empty stomach. Then I drink it again at night before bed, about 3 hours after dinner. I do this daily. (Regular old russet brown potatoes work also.) *TIP: Drink the juice straight away and quickly. If it sits too long, it will seperate leaving powder at the bottom of the glass and also, potato juice will oxidize and turn bad fast.* 2-3 times a week I save a bit of the juice to apply to my face and leave on for 5 minutes before jumping in the shower (my skin gets flaky if I do this more often.) This combation clears my skin completely in just 3 days. The only annoying part of this is cleaning the juicer. Potato juice is disgusting to drink on its own but totally worth it. I believe it will still work if you add something to sweeten it like apple, pear or carrot to make it taste better. I'm 35 years old and still struggle with hormonal acne. This is the only remedy I have come across that dramatically clears my skin and quickly. I really have tried EVERY suggestion out there. I've discovered that this stops the acne from the inside, which is what everyone is wanting. I hope this helps you too.

I was 27 with VERY bad acne, dark under eyes circles when I discovered a YouTube video on acne.....I started juicing, not blending, potatoe, carrot, celery juice and within 2 weeks skin was completely free of acne, within 30 days my skin was soooo bright, smooth, acne scarring had completely cleared and a Bonus!.......after 2 months my hair had grown so much! It was longer and thicker than it had ever been my entire adult life!!! My hairline was the BEST part! After I got lazy, a bit side tracked with life, eating bad foods again and not giving my body the RAW nutrients it obviously thrived off of, my body reverted back. I cried in the mirror one day bcuz for the first time I felt naturally beautiful, no make-up or fake hair to hide my imperfections. Juicing raw foods REALLY works! It was time consuming so one could easily give up for that reason but the results are sooo worth it! I see better, quicker results juicing vs blending but both ways can be beneficial, fiber intake comes when blending.

Give it a go

I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation and a couple pimples here and there from time to time still. Ive been battling mild acne since i was about 15 and am turning 20 shortly. I juice 1 peeled red potato in my juicer and apply directly to the entire face. I then let it dry and leave it on for 3-4 hours. I do this whenever im at home or feel as though my face could use some R and R. I wouldnt say its a miracle cure, but it definitely calms the redness and my skin feels baby smooth after washing it off. In terms of the red marks left behind i guess it does help a little bit, but hyperpigmentation takes time to heal. Overall i recommend you giving it a go. Definitely isnt making my face worse!

acne sufferer

I'm fighting with acne from a very young age. now im 24, I have used many harsh chemicals n creams. I used benzoyl peroxide soap, salicylic acid creams, gels containing clindamycin etc. but since 2 months im getting really bad break outs n nothing seemed to be working. I feel terrible when going to college. I feel embarrassed to give eye contact to people. totally lost my self confidence. I put foundation n face powder to hide my pimples n huge marks n new ones keep on forming.. I used benzoyl peroxide 4% aqueos cream which made my face dry and flaky. n then when I stopped again breakout. so today I thought I should give potato a try. I put thin slices on my face n then fell asleep.even with one time use, I can notice a little difference. but I think it caused my facial hair to come off with the potato peel.. so worried about that.. hope it won't aggravate my acne further. im tired of living with acne. my biggest wish of life is that all the acne ,marks n scars vanish from my face magically.. I want this problem to be solved so I can focus on other stuff better. I cry everyday when I see my face in the mirror. hate my life fulll of acne!!!!

Try Diaper rash cream . Stop using Acne products and just wash your face with Cetaphil bar soap and apply diaper rash cream on your face .. And when you get ready to take it off wipe it off with a dry towel then wash it off give it 3 days and you will see alot of progress i promise ! Try Cetaphil moisturizer too
Just do 3 things At night soak some red lentil in raw milk In the morning clean your face with rose water Apply this mask Wash your face with Neutrogena oil free acne wash Then apply neutrogena alcohol free toner And apply your sunblock At night again apply remaining mask And face wash and toner And apply your night cream Or Vaseline
Use turmeric n neem leaves paste to get rid of it.
I wanna let you know about something called a subliminal. I've been watching subliminal videos on youtube and i find that it helps alot with my acne. Just search up "get rid of acne subliminals" trust me this really helps. It's music that repeats messages in the background that only your subconscious mind can hear. It says things like "i have clear skin" "my skin is beautiful" This makes you think positively about everything and also tricks your mind to think that your skin is getting clearer, until the day your skin actually does become clearer. I suppose you research more, if your interested.

Review

I have just used 4 thin slices of potatos and rubbed it on my face and was gonna leave it for 15 minutes but I started getting worried cause red spots u could not really notice but feel and looked a lot like big bites ! Am I breaking out!? It seemed to work a little

Pretty nice

It doesn't fully cure it at least not after 2 weeks of using it daily especially for me (i am a male and suffered this since i was 9 and now im 25) but i like 3 things at it: 1.It calms my skin 2.You really see a difference 3.It's very cheap I rubbed it on my face for about 1 min and then left the slices there for another 3-4 hours (i wrapped a bandage around my head) Sulphur soap is also decent but i guess my skin got used to it cause i started breaking out after about 3 months of using it

really works

Actually acne and me..... V have a very long story... I am 22 now whereas I got new acne and scars in a week and troubling me a lot now.. I just read the reviews regarding potatoes and gave it a try... To my astonishment it really worked... But I made a mistake by mixing lemon in it after few days which really worsened my pimples.. I am regretting now.. Lemon being natural skin lightener, it helped me reduce the scars but at the end of the day I got new breakouts.. Which again lead to acne.. So be careful if u wanna try with some other ingredients.. It works superb all alone..

Mother of God

First I want to thank everyone here! Your reviews about potato helped me a lot. My mom told me about this method, but honestly I didn't believe her. I was like: ''What mom!?''. But it really helped me. I had huge acne problem. Big red acne on my face and many dark spots and scars (I am 16). People in my school were making fun of me because of my acne and I was feeling awful. I couldn't put powder because I was afraid it will make it even worse no matter if others will make fun of me. So tonight I peeled off one organic potato and washed it very well then I put it on my face for a 15 minutes. Guess what? No redness anymore and no dark spots. Scars faded and there are only few pimples left. I am so happy. And that's after only one use!!!!!!! Thank you. I'm crying because of happiness. Can't wait to people see me in school.

did it really work ?? plz do nt lie if you are doing cuz dis is just unbelievable ! in just one wash they went away ? like srsly ???

white heads

I have been using raw potato slices on my face for 4 days, twice a day, just giving it a once over rub and leaving it on. My white heads and pimples have been slowly disappearing. I have tried everything from home remedies, prescription meds and otc acne treatments, everything seemed to make them worse. I hope this continues to work!

Miracle!

I am 32-year-old female. I have been suffering from very severe acne for 5 years. You can imagine a face that is full of acne, red scarring and etc. I started to put potato slices on my face from 6 months ago. I didn't remember how it started. I guess I was just desperate... 6 months on, my face is almost back to its normal status. I rarely have new acne now. My skin color is back to normal. The color of skin where the worst acne used to be is still a little bit dark. But the overall complexion of my face has improved dramatically. My skin is smoother and softer. I can now walk out home without putting coverage on. Here is how I did it: I was using potato slices for couple of weeks and soon had a better idea. I juice a medium size potato, soak a piece of face-mask paper in the juice, and then put the potato-juice mask on for 20 minutes or so until it dries up. I have been doing this home-made potato juice mask for couple of months every night before I sleep. I don't use any lotion or cream after it. My skin is very used to this natural remedy now. I will keep on doing this. It is far safer and cheaper than many other solutions. The most important thing is that IT WORKS! I hope this can help people out there who are suffering from acne! One last suggestion: be patient, it might take 2 months for the really bad scarring to fade..

i have brown patches on my face. how much time it will take to fade it?
i have brown patches on my face. how much time it will take to fade it?

Really Works!

removes acne lightens dark and red marks lightens overall skin tone really quickly tedious squeezing the juice out everyday but totally worth it! It's best to grate half a potato and squeeze the juice out into a small container - I use my hands to squeeze, no muslin cloth /: - and leave it in the fridge. I like the feeling of cold juice on my skin :). Take a piece of cotton wool and dab it into the juice and rub it all over the acne + dark marks (hyperpigmentation). I usually do this like 10 times a day. I know that seems exaggerated, but I'm on holiday and not doing much, so? It's been 2 weeks and the dark marks have lightened 50% and the pimples have dramatically reduced. There's like 2 only, compared to 15 /: it really works!

Popular Nutrition/Holistic