Pond's Dry Skin Cream Reviews

Brand: Pond's

Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Works Depending on Skin Condition

When I first started the Acne.org regimen, my skin was extremely dry and peeling. I started to use this product and my skin felt so much better and moisturized. Now after a few months over a year, my skin is a bit oily so I stopped using it for a while. When my skin is oily it seems as though it clogged my pores. I prefer now to use it in the winter months. Hope this helps.

Comments

Made my skin breakout. Do not buy.

This moisturizer sucks and made me break out. First of all, when u put it on, it makes u look super sweaty and gross. Second, after it dries up it doesn’t really leave a feeling of your skin being moisturized. Lastly, I used it on certain spots on my face where I get the most dry and I broke out. I only broke out on the spots I put the cream on! I guess it’s really heavy and clogs your pores so it doesn’t let me skin breath. But now I’m pissed that I have pimples because of something that was supposed to be beneficial.

perfect for dry skin

This product really helped me with my dry skin and I'm so glad I discovered it!

Comments

You may be using it wrong

I use ponds cold cream, and I have an extremely oily face. This stuff has saved me from breaking out really badly in the summer from the humidity. What I do is massage some on my face every night for a few minutes then run water over my face and massage my face in the water. Then dry your face off and it's not so greasy but still feels moisturized without the heaviness.

Great moisture, clogged pores

I used this for a few days because it was at my Mums house and it was my only option. I was surprised when my skin felt supple and smooth after it absorbed, but whew! Does it ever clog my pores! I woke up the next day looking like I had freckles or something. :(

may cause breakouts

i have very dry patches on my chin ive been wanting to get rid of. I read a lot of good reviews on this so i bought it. It does feel very greasy on your face to be honest. I never breakout on my chin and since i started using this cream i began to get a lot of breakouts. Although full disclosure i have been a veterinarian for a year and the same week i started using this face cream is the same week i started eating meat so the breakouts can be caused by that. If anyone has any recommendations for lotion on dry skin but also is breakout free then please let me know thank you.

Greasy

I find ponds dry skin facial cream to be very greasy on the skin and makes you look very sweaty. && it doesn't seem to cure the dry skin very well either. Only a couple of hours really.

worked well.

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold. My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it. I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

Comments

Ok but makes my skin feel greasy

Type: Acne prone skin I use Ponds after I was my face. (I used this in the winter time when I have dry skin) Pros: does not clog my pores Cons: makes skin feel oily after I apply it. Skin still looks and feels a little tight after use

Comments

wonderful for really dry skin!!

I have REALLY dry skin and acne in my driest areas, this helped so much! I apply it at night after washing my face and let it soak in over night. The dry redness has almost completely gone away from my t-zone.

Comments

Terrible, didn't work at all. It may just not work for me, but it should have done something.

I know this brand is pretty good, which leads me to expect a lot from it. I have dry skin, like so dry it flakes. I also have mild acne which is pretty well controlled and usually doesn't need any sort of treatment besides popping and clearing the blemish of any debris with a special tool...which I realize is not a great idea, but it works for me. So to combat the dry skin and perhaps even the acne I gave a small bottle of this a try. Upon using this as an all over treatment, it made me wake to six new small pimples after all was said and done. I also noticed my skin was a bit red, and back to being dry. So not only did it not moisturize but it caused acne. It didn't seem like it clogged my pores, but it certainly didn't do what it is supposed to. It was also very oily which was a major turn off. Like, it seemed it was 60% oil and the rest was whatever else they decided to put in. I really don't know what went wrong, but this is not for me. My mom also used this for a bit, but it made her break out. I have used the dark spot correcting cream (the pink colored one) and it didn't cause breakouts, so there is definitely something in here that doesn't agree with my skin...and my skin isn't even sensitive. Look elsewhere, like perhaps Olay or CeraVe if your skin tends not to agree with some moisturizers. I am disappointed in this product.

I feel the exact same way

Try it if you need gentle healing

After damaging my skin with the Clinique 3 step system, I was left with dry patches and fresh moderate breakouts. I have skin that varies in dryness and oiliness depending on the weather, and moderate/severe breakouts on my cheeks and jawline that aren't cystic. I have noticed my scarring and red marks being lighter while using this for the past month. This cream does make my skin feel good, and while I don't mind how heavy it truly is, It might be a problem for some people. I don't feel it was broken me out since I've started using it, despite the notably "pore clogging" ingredients, but I have started to question if it is prolonging my breakouts. It's a really good moisturizer for people who need hydration, have accidentally over dried their skin with products, and possibly those who are dealing with red marks and light scarring.

Moisturizing but greasy

I guess it does its job when applied generously. It has a scent that reminds me of baby powder too. I feel that my face looks quite oily after applying it.

Comments

One of the only moisturizers that works for me so far!

Really does help with dry skin. I know that in the winter I find my face getting flaky and more prone to pimples and redness, and that's because it is so dry. This cream morning and night really does provide moisture to my very dry skin, and hasn't clogged it up either. I always make sure to have it, especially whenever my skin is dry, it's a must.

Comments

Good moisturizer for combo skin

I love this moisturizer. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I have combination skin and a bit acne prone on my chin and cheeks area especially during exam season. I have been trying a lot of moisturizers but most of them are greasy and made me break out. But thank god i found ponds. Its just a perfect combination with my cleanser and toner. Now my skin is not so acne prone as it used to be so I am really happy about it. However, although this proved to be good to my skin i dont know it will do justice to yours. But definitely try and check out this product. I didnt rate this moisturizer 5/5 because the only thing I dont like about it is the tub. I think its very non hygienic but yeah as long as youre handling it with a clean pair of hands then you'll be fine.

Use in Combination w/ Proactiv

I have fairly sensitive / oily skin and, I also suffer from occasional cystic acne flare-ups (you know, the painful, deep-down under the skin kind). Proactiv (the ORIGINAL formula) is the only product that keeps my skin consistently clear, however, daily use sometimes dries my areas of my face up. Bad. I've found that Pond's Dry Skin Cream is the only product that keeps my face looking healthy and moisturized when used in combination with Proactiv's daily three-step-system. While Proactiv's moisturizers may contain SPF, they do not keep my face from drying out. I've been using Pond's for years and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from a similar situation such a mine. Along with keeping my skin smooth, Pond's is my go to base cream for make-up application.

my skin is soft

moisturizing a little goes a long way softens skin alot may be oily for some people Well I actually have oily skin but my cleanser is very drying and this is very moisturizing and smooths out my skin all my acne flattened and my skin was soft

Not for me

Moisturizing Good quantity Irritates/Itches skin Caused breakout Fragrance This does its job, which is moisturizing. But after using it for a while I feel like it makes me skin feel... i dunno. It doesn't feel clean and makes it feel dirty/oily. I bought it awhile ago and then decided to buy a new moisturizer, used that up, waiting on my delivery for it so I'm using this one again in the mean time. I've been using it for two weeks now. I'm breaking out and my skin feels sooo irritated! I don't know why, I guess this just doesn't work with my skin. I'm breaking out in places I normally don't and my skin feels really itchy.

YES OMG LIKE WHY DOESNT ANYBODY MENTION HOW IRRITATED AND ITCHY YOUR SKIN GETS BECAUSE OF THIS

Not good

Burnt face Irritated skin Broke out In my experience this moisturizer does not work well with Benzyl Peroxide. Using the two together left my face burning and it burned my face. My skin was super irritated and burnt, I didn't even want to go out in public. The moisturizer itself isn't that great either. It leaves the skin shiny and doesn't help to moisturize no matter the amount used, well in my case anyway.

Really Helps!

Helps my breakouts a bit! Helps against dry skin Sometimes works on acne scars Makes ur face a little greasy/shiny! Well i have acne, so im using some Benzoyl Peroxide which makes my face have random dry spots and makes my skin look just a tad darker in the dry places...but i applied some of this to my WHOLE face and it is workin....its still dry just a little bit...but it has helped my skin a lot! But this is all me might not have the same outcome!

Guest Lisbeth
Guest Lisbeth

Helps my face with it's dryness. No more dryness what's so ever! If you use too much, it'll make your face look oily I LOVE IT because it doesnt break me out at all & my face is no longer dry nor flaky

Comments

Cheap Oily / Greasy Breakout Although my aunt uses this product everyday and it keep her skin so soft and young, I tried it after reading these reviews on here and it totally made my face breakout with more pimples. There must be some ingredients that just doesn't agree with my skin.

Comments

Gets rid of flakiness and moisturizes better than anything else I've tried Does not break me out Smell is light and nice Very thick--you have to be careful that you don't use too much on your face or it'll look oily I like the simple packaging but it's not the most sanitary This stuff is so under-appreciated. I add a drop or two of jojoba oil to it and it makes my skin look very dewy and nice. I love it, this is the only moisturizer I will use.

Guest Austin
Guest Austin

Moisturizes very well Doesn't irritate my skin Can make your skin look a little greasy MIGHT cause you to break out depending on how your skin reacts I used to have moderate-severe acne and started using this with 5% bp and minocycline. It has kept me almost completely clear for the last year.

Comments

great makeup removar! and helps get rid of dry skin made me break out a lot it cheap and works to cure dry skin but not for acne prone skin at all!

Popular Dry/Sensitive