Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Foundation Reviews

Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Foundation

Covers pretty well, but does not last long

I liked this makeup because it covered my spots pretty well. But by the end of the day, it would be mostly worn off. It also caused some small bumps all over my skin. I have switched from this to IT cosmetics Celebration Foundation, which I do like more. However, PF is a good brand, and I recommend it because it may work for some.

Comments

One of my favorite brands of makeup

PF is one of my favorite brands especially their talc free line. This powder is amazing, although not full coverage, it gives me an even skin tone. I have been using this for years on and off and I will always come back and repurchase it.

Good, but not Physician's Formula's best

Try their BB Powder instead. That one is even better. Neither the BB Powder of Mineral Wear breaks me out though, so that's a good thing. The BB one has much better coverage and is less drying though. Physician's Formula has the best powders in the drugstore price range. Forget expensive department store products. PF has you covered :)

I totally agree with you the bb powder my absolute go to,I can even sleep in it and NO BREAK OUTS!!!!I really noticed a huge difference when I switched to the physicians formula bb powder from regular liquid foundation,way less breakouts.Highly recommend this and the coverage is awesome close to a foundation. P.s.I use a sponge that brush is garbage.

Great powder when your using the Sephora mineral brush!

Absorbs oil A lot of coverage when using the right brush! Covers scar when using conceal brush This powder is great, it pulls the junk out of my skin and when you use the sephora mineral brush with it the coverage is flawless!

What do you mean it pulls out the junk? Does it unclog your pores?

Doesn't seem to cause acne and is a decent powder, though probably not the best out there.

Great Coverage Doesn't seem to cause more acne Brush applicator I use PF's talc-free mineral wear pressed powder and I'm a fan for the most part. I have to wear makeup everyday so I usually pair PF's powder with Almay's Clear Complexion liquid foundation to get full coverage. This powder alone provides decent coverage compared to other pressed powders. I wish this powder did a bit more to control the oil, but my face is extremely oily. It would probably be great for someone less oily skin. I've been using this powder for years because it doesn't seem to be making my acne any worse. I suggest using a powder pad when applying. The little brush thing they provide you is a joke.

Guest ashley
Guest ashley

light weight, doesn't clog pores, nice when used with a kabuki for coverage moves on the skin, gets super greasy feeling, shows dry skin and flaking not for oily skin as it sits on top and moves around, I found it only lasted about four hours.

Comments

doesn't cause acne doesn't irritate acne gets a little greasy after time you can sometimes see it if you have applied too much this is basically the only product i trust with me skin. my skin has been a whirlwind lately and trying to cover it up (which i am now not) has been hard. this has been a lifesaver at times though.

Comments

Feels light Covers shiny-ness (in my experience) It's a little too light - does not completely cover by any means Does not last as long as some I find it a good touch-up powder but it really doesn't fully cover anything - redness, pimples, etc. It just tones them down a little bit. It can be good if you're going for a more natural look but I know few women who prefer that to actually having their redness and pimples covered. It hasn't clogged my pores, though, even when I forget to wash it off.

Comments

Covers mild acne Can get a wee bit shiny during the day which is weird considering it's a powder I use this almost daily and even though my acne is gone now i had a few zits before and it covered them. I do have a sensitivity to some makeup because I can't use MAC products or some other ones but I have never had a reaction to this one. You should take it with you during the day though as it seems to slide off after a few hours and can make your skin shiny so you will need to reapply

Comments

-Doesn't break out my skin -Minimalistic mineral ingredients -Low price -Shades are never quite right -Shades don't seem consistent throughout the lifespan of the compact -Compact doesn't last very long -Requires frequent re-application So, obviously a major positive is that this makeup for sure does not contribute to my acne. I've used it for a couple of months now and I can honestly say that, while tons of other "noncomedogenic" brands don't live up to their promises, this one does. The Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide contents seem to help in the healing and drying of my acne as well. I have decided, however, to stop using this makeup after this last compact for a few reasons: 1) the shade starts out looking like it's my color, and then by the time I get halfway through the product, it begins to get darker and somehow more orangey in color. I think it's because of the weird speckled thing they do with the powder....I don't know why they don't just blend the two colors together instead of leaving it with large blotches of dark and light tones.... Aside from that, it doesn't cover up blemishes really at all, unless I use a concealer underneath, and my skin just isn't tolerating any concealers lately, except for the PF mineral foundation...which goes on kinda thick and chalky. Finally, although the cost seems reasonable, these compacts tend to last me somewhere around 3 weeks or so...which seems pretty short; most other make up brands I've used have lasted over a month and a half. Although it is nice having the peace of mind in knowing that the makeup isn't screwing up my already stressed out skin, I don't think it's worth the trouble of walking around with an artificial made-up looking face and having to constantly worry about whether it has worn off and needs to be reapplied.

Guest Christine
Guest Christine

my skin looks beatiful the powder have vitamin E and A that are good for your skin won't clog your pores it is like a silk none yet i just used for some weeks my husband told me: wooww your skin looks gorgeous. im 42 yrs...and for almost 30 years have suffered acne.... so believe me, i know a lot about acne. This powder doesn't have any irritants only parabens but i thing for me is ok ! good luck!

Comments

Never breaks me out Easy to apply Looks smooth If my skin is really dry, the makeup clings to the flakes. Easily fixed by moisturizing though. Best and only makeup I use. Never once has it broken me out, and it looks great. Just that extra step to making my skin look better.

Comments

1. not as expensive as other mineral wear make-up. the brush that comes inside the packaging in bad so you'd need to use your own brush i've been using this product for more than a year and it has never given me any break-out or side effect. would totally recommend this to anyone

Comments

I'm not a big makeup person, but this and some boots complexion refining concealer is what I usually use if I want to cover my acne and hyperpigmentation. It evens out my skin, hides redness, and gives slight coverage for acne. You'd probably want to use a spot concealer also. It never irritates my skin or makes me break out, and you can hardly tell it's on. It keeps me from getting too oily through the day too. Just so you know, I usually suffer from adult moderate and hormonal acne.

Comments

-nothing -expensive for a drugstore brand -crappy packaging -I got an allergic reaction Although not everyone is going to have this side effect, this powder made my whole face red and itchy after one use. I through it out right away.

Comments

Oil-free, frangrance free. My skin didn't do well with this. Mineral makeup either makes my skin itchy, or shiny, or it seems to settle into every pore, scar, or flaw. I tossed it after a week or so. If you already have flawless skin, I'm sure this product would look very nice. But if you have noticeable flaws, it seems to accentuate them. I especially do not recommend it for oily skin since it adds shine/shimmer to your face.

Popular Foundation