Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Foundation reviews

3.5/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: Physician's Formula

Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Foundation

Titanium Dioxide (6.0%) and Zinc Oxide (4.2%).

Mica, Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitrate, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

Doesn't do much at all!
Reviewed on July 5, 2016

It wears off pretty quickly for combination skin. My face looks shiny less than 2 hours afterwards.

Covers pretty well, but does not last long
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I liked this makeup because it covered my spots pretty well. But by the end of the day, it would be mostly worn off. It also caused some small bumps all over my skin. I have switched from this to IT cosmetics Celebration Foundation, which I do like more. However, PF is a good brand, and I recommend it because it may work for some.

One of my favorite brands of makeup
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

PF is one of my favorite brands especially their talc free line. This powder is amazing, although not full coverage, it gives me an even skin tone. I have been using this for years on and off and I will always come back and repurchase it.

Good, but not Physician's Formula's best
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

Try their BB Powder instead. That one is even better. Neither the BB Powder of Mineral Wear breaks me out though, so that's a good thing. The BB one has much better coverage and is less drying though. Physician's Formula has the best powders in the drugstore price range. Forget expensive department store products. PF has you covered :)

by Ginamariea73 on 07/15/2016 19:14
I totally agree with you the bb powder my absolute go to,I can even sleep in it and NO BREAK OUTS!!!!I really noticed a huge difference when I switched to the physicians formula bb powder from regular liquid foundation,way less breakouts.Highly recommend this and the coverage is awesome close to a foundation. P.s.I use a sponge that brush is garbage.
Great powder when your using the Sephora mineral brush!
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

This powder is great, it pulls the junk out of my skin and when you use the sephora mineral brush with it the coverage is flawless!

by Lizhet12 on 05/15/2015 02:07
What do you mean it pulls out the junk? Does it unclog your pores?
Doesn't seem to cause acne and is a decent powder, though probably not the best out there.
Reviewed on August 7, 2013

I use PF's talc-free mineral wear pressed powder and I'm a fan for the most part. I have to wear makeup everyday so I usually pair PF's powder with Almay's Clear Complexion liquid foundation to get full coverage. This powder alone provides decent coverage compared to other pressed powders. I wish this powder did a bit more to control the oil, but my face is extremely oily. It would probably be great for someone less oily skin. I've been using this powder for years because it doesn't seem to be making my acne any worse. I suggest using a powder pad when applying. The little brush thing they provide you is a joke.

ashley, canada
Reviewed on August 14, 2011

not for oily skin as it sits on top and moves around, I found it only lasted about four hours.

Reviewed on July 18, 2011

this is basically the only product i trust with me skin. my skin has been a whirlwind lately and trying to cover it up (which i am now not) has been hard. this has been a lifesaver at times though.

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

I find it a good touch-up powder but it really doesn't fully cover anything - redness, pimples, etc. It just tones them down a little bit. It can be good if you're going for a more natural look but I know few women who prefer that to actually having their redness and pimples covered. It hasn't clogged my pores, though, even when I forget to wash it off.

Reviewed on May 15, 2011

I use this almost daily and even though my acne is gone now i had a few zits before and it covered them. I do have a sensitivity to some makeup because I can't use MAC products or some other ones but I have never had a reaction to this one.

You should take it with you during the day though as it seems to slide off after a few hours and can make your skin shiny so you will need to reapply