Philosophy Purity Made Simple Reviews

Brand: Philosophy

Philosophy Purity Made Simple

Dry my skin out

I heard all about the rave of this simple cleanser and decided to try it out. The scent was overpowering (I think it was lavender?), but I didn't really mind. It doesn't lather up like the foaming cleanser I was used to, but I heard it is better for the skin. However, this cleanser dried my cheeks out really badly and broke me out on my forehead. It took me a week to realize that I was not experiencing weather allergies but reactions to this cleanser. That being said, it might have been some chemical ingredients in the cleanser, some essential oils (I think it has black pepper extract?), or it might have been the Cinnamomum cassia leaf oil since I have an intolerance to cinnamon if I ingest it. I returned it to the store anyway.

It's drying

I have bought the travel size several times, but I doubt I'll buy it again. It smells like a citronella candle. (So, chemicals basically). Not the worst smell but not the best. When I apply it to my face, it stings my nostrils. The main reason I won't repurchase is because it's drying. If I use it several days in a row my skin gets dry, tight and flaky. And I moisturize A LOT. Sure, it's easier to get a nice clean feeling with this cleanser vs. a non-lather cleanser, but it's not worth the dry skin.

Comments

Too harsh for sensitive skin (using tretinoin & clindamyacin)

I have baby sensitive skin and I'm a 20 yr old female. I used this for months 1x daily before I realized that it was way over drying my skin. It didn't make me peel terribly or feel like acid or anything crazy like that. It always felt pretty calming to my face and did great removing all traces of my makeup completely (very insecure about my acne so I wear full coverage somewhat heavy makeup). However, immediately after washing my face it would feel so tight and my skin felt stretched and uncomfy. Don't trick yourself and try to solve this tightness with moisturizer because the tightness means you're stripping your natural oils too much. I repeat, YOUR FACE SHOULD NOT FEEL TIGHT AFTER WASHING ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

Love this cleanser!

I have mild to moderate acne and have been on ortho cyclen for about 4 months now. I love wearing makeup, but I hate using harsh cleansers to take it all off. I wear a full coverage foundation, powder, eyeshadow, waterproof eyeliner and primer everyday. This cleanser dissolves my makeup without irritating my skin and drying it right out. My skin has cleared up quite a bit, but I think that is because of the ortho cyclen. I just like this cleanser because it is so mild! Also, I really like the smell. It smells like I'm at the spa, which doesn't hurt ; p

Comments

100% THE BEST FACIAL CLEANSER YOU CAN BUY!!!!

100% Natural Ingredents Left me clear skin in a week! Affordable! So, from a YouTuber, I was recommended purity. I looked into it, and I decided to buy the 3 oz bottle from Sephora. The product ended up being ten dollars. Brilliant! Cheap and awesome!! Anyways, I began to use this with other products too, and I decided this is what is making the dramatic change on my skin... This cleanser not only washes your face, it also takes off your makeup! Gentle on skin, and eyes, but also gets out all of your toxiens and dirt! It is amazing! Sephora will defintally be getting my business on the big bottle!

Comments

Good in some ways... Except for causing cystic acne! OUCH!!!

Makeup Remover Controls Oil Smells Nice Caused Cystic Acne Breakout Caused Blackheads Expensive I bought this cleanser for 30$ at Ulta. I heard all these rave reviews on it as a total face product and wanted to give it a try. I will say first off, it is an amazing makeup remover! You do not even need to scrub this stuff literally melts away makeup (including waterproof mascara). I will say I have extremely oily skin that is prone to breakouts (whiteheads, blackheads) around my mouth/chin area and forehead. I loved this product at first, it seemed to manage my oiliness without drying me out. After a few weeks though, I started to get painful cystic acne on my forehead and upper lip, chin, and mouth creases. I also developed rash-like tiny red bumps on each side of my face. I thought maybe it was stress or something since it had been working fine. Well, 2 weeks after cutting the product out and switching back to my regular wash the horrible cysts cleared up. It was SO PAINFUL... Not to mention the fact I started getting gross blackheads! I would not recommend this for anyone with slight-moderate acne or oily skin. I am very sad as it was such a good makeup remover, I plan to still use it to take of eye makeup but it will NEVER touch my face agin

Amazing!

Non-lathering Smell Slight Burning sensation after use I have had acne since the fourth grade. It is now the summer before I start 8th grade. I have tried proactiv clean and clear ambi every thing and nothing seemed to have worked. I even visited 2 dermatologist. When I first started using the philosophy I noticed results over night it was completely amazing

Guest Carrie
Guest Carrie

my face always feels very clean. it never feels dry it always feels nice and smooth. it also rinses very clean. I am not crazy about the scent. But VERY easy to ignore. Also, it doesn't lather much but again, after about a week, who cares! I have always had a lot of acne issues! since the age of 12 I have had acne. I am now 29. I have tried just about every single acne product they have out there that promises clear skin. I have even been to the dermatologist and been prescribed medicine. I have tried proactive. all of it has either done nothing for me or it made my acne flare up big time. I have never been able to look in the mirror and see my skin flawless from breakouts or even close to it. I have some what oily skin, mostly in the t zone. when I was young my acne was all over my face. as an adult it is on my jaw line and my temples and big time on my chin. The pimples are very large and itchy. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the philosophy purity made simple. after about a week I have started noticing a difference. the redness is gone, it is slowly taking away the existing pimples, and it is keeping away any new breakouts. my skin is soft and glowing. never have I felt my face to be soft and glowing! it is absolutely amazing! I should also mention that I use help me.

Comments

Creamy texture Gave my entire forehead a rash I had recently been struggling with a few breakouts so I decided to try Purity. That was a mistake. Honestly my entire forehead and chin broke out in fine bumps. It has been about a month and I still cannot seem to get rid of them. My skin has just broken out like crazy ever since I tried this product. It's so frustrating because I spent a lot of money on a Philosophy kit that didn't even work.

The forehead rash happened to me too!!!

I love this product! I purchased this at sephora about a month ago to go with my clarisonic and i am very pleased. I love using this at night because it smells like something they would use for a facial at a spa, so it really relaxes me before i go to bed. My only complaint is the price but you get what you pay for and it is well worth the money. I would for sure recommend this to anyone who wants clear and bright skin.

Guest Delia
Guest Delia

Takes off all my makeup, even mascara Does not dry my skin out Does not help breakouts or scars Very expensive I bought this cleanser from sephora and have been using it for the last several months. My skin is very sensitive and dry, and also very prone to breakouts.. cleansers with salicylic acid or BP are overdrying for me and just cause more acne. The great thing about this cleanser is it easily takes off ALL makeup,and leaves my skin very soft. It is not irritating at all and has not made my acne any worse, but it does absolutely nothing for pimples or hyperpigmentation. I'd recommend this cleanser only to people who are looking for a non-irritating, one step cleanser - but definitely not for those who need a little more strength for their acne.

Comments

Smells good,works good,gentle None really. I love this because it isn't harsh unlike clearasil..and it doesn't have a whole bunch of bad things in it.

Comments

Cleanse off make up very good, no scent, very gentle, no greasy. Very expensive, has parabens and sulfates in it, broke me out with huge cysts that lasted for more than a month. I was dissapointed it broke me out so horribly in just like 2-3 weeks of using it. It cleansed my make up perfectly so it was very upseting. After I stopped using this, my face started to clear up. I will never purchase anything with parabens in it.

Guest Tiffany
Guest Tiffany

Takes off all of your makeup Nice scent doesn't dry out skin Expensive but I think it's worth it because it worked for me I always had the occasionally breakouts but one month, I broke out with all this colorless, bump ALL over my face. It was terrible!! You could see the bumps in any light and it was so embarrassing especially when you have people asking what happened to your face! I don't know what caused the bumps but it was seriously ALL over my face and I didn't know what I did to cause them to this day! It lasted for more than a month and I didn't change anything in my face routine...but anyways I grabbed an old bottle of Purity and started using it because I was desperate to get rid of those bumps. Every morning I would wake up to more pumps on my face but after using Purity, the next morning, I saw that some of the bumps had diminished, I kept using it and the bumps started to disappear. Soon, I ran out of the old bottle so I went to Sephora and bought a 24 oz. of the Purity and now my skin is pretty much smooth. and that was only like a week using Purity! Everyone should give this a try. The cheapo est bottle of Purity is $10!! Expensive for the size but if it works, I think it's worth it then!!

Guest Preci0usss
Guest Preci0usss

great makeup remover leaves skin feeling clear expensive doesn't lather I loved this product and found that it really did remove all traces of my makeup from my face. I purchased my for $40.00 but it is enough to last me around 8 months which is a good thing. I love this product and have seen a dramatic reduction in the amount of acne I have

Guest Reeny
Guest Reeny

Takes off all makeup Broke me out so badly that I had to see he dermatologist for the first time. I'm back to using Noxzema and exfoliating wih St. Ives every other day. My skin is still recovering and the leftover scars will take many months to fade. Waste of money!

All in One Cleaner. takes make up off. expensive