Philosophy Hope Oil-Free Moisturizer, SPF 30 Reviews

Brand: Philosophy

Philosophy Hope Oil-Free Moisturizer, SPF 30

Too expensive, but the best face sun screen available

This is by far my favorite sunscreen. It's won't break you out, and goes on smoothly without much of a white residue. For 6 years I've done The Regimen to keep my skin clear. I live in a cold weather climate and only have to worry about using sunscreen during the summer months on the weekends. I've normally used the Olay sunscreen recommended by Dan (Complete Moisture SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin). Olay does the job and shouldn't break you out. But it also seemed to leave my skin feeling kind of dried out yet greasy, and left a white residue. So I finally decided to experiment with this Philosophy Hope SPF. I was surprised to find that it is a major improvement! I apply it a little while after doing the entire Regimen (including acne.org moisturizer). It goes on much smoother and easier than the Olay sunscreen, and sinks into the skin well so my face doesn't look white. It feels great on my face too; it absorbs and doesn't feel like I even put it on. Also, very importantly, it does not have a single comedogenic ingredient, so you won't break out from it. The big negative about it, however, is the price. $41 for a small 2 ounce bottle is definitely steep. That said, if you want care enough about having a great sunscreen moisturizer, I'd recommend trying this one. If you don't think it's worth it, Olay will work well.

Comments

The Least-Offensive Sunscreen on the Market!

Non-comedogenic High UV protection Lasts long time Pricey Needs extra moisturizer This is a great product, hands down. It has no comedogenic ingredients, so it won't clog your pores, and it gives great UV protection. SPF 30 is also pretty high for a moisturizer with sunscreen. The only thing about it is the price, but it's well worth it, considering it's pretty much the only sunscreen out there that won't offend acne prone or sensitive skin, unless you happen to be allergic to any of the ingredients. The tube will also last you a lot longer than most SPF moisturizers since you absolutely have to mix it with another moisturizer. It won't moisturize enough on its own, it's really just a sunscreen. Make sure to mix it with something else (when I need UV coverage I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with Dan's moisturizer), and it's perfect!

Comments

Feels light on skin Has a high SPF No acne-causing ingredients Not very moisturizing Expensive I've always liked the Philosophy line, and loved the idea of an SPF in my moisturizer. Unfortunately, it made my skin burn upon application, and I really started getting dry skin within only days of when I started using it. If you have really oily skin, it might be worth a try, especially because it doesn't have any known acne-causing ingredients.

Dan

Aside from the price, this seems like a great option.

Goes on clear Broad spectrum Feels high quality Expensive Could be a bit more moisturizing Try mixing 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your regular moisturizer for a good SPF option on The Regimen. Goes on white like all zinc oxide based SPFs tend to do, but the whiteness fades and it does not leave a white/pale residue. Nice after-feel with no tackiness left on skin.

Popular With SPF