Phillips Milk of Magnesia Reviews

Brand: Phillips

Phillips Milk of Magnesia

AMAZING FOR MAKEUP APPLICATION ON ACNE SCARS

If you are like me and have acne scars you probably felt my pain on how foundation and concealer can make their appearance look even worse. For reference, I have some icepick and boxcar scarring which resemble enlarged pores on my left cheek. So before I apply foundation, I apply a very thin coat of this on where I have texture problems and let it dry out thoroughly. I then proceed to apply makeup as I would (thin layer of foundation + loose powder) and it literally smooths out the skin underneath to the point where the scars become barely noticeable. Also, the fact that it functions as a primer is an added benefit as it makes your makeup last all day, so you really don't have to worry as much about having these imperfections show through. This is a definite lifesaver and has drastically increased my selfesteem.

MAKEUP PRIMER

Honestly, I don't know whether it works or not concerning acne because I haven't used it in that sense but it is an AMAZING makeup primer if you suffer from oily skin! Apparently, it can have a plateau effect so I interchange between this and calamine lotion, which is also a phenomenal primer! Although I said I'm not sure about it working for acne, I do think that less oil can mean less clogged pores. I also get pimples much less now-a-days. This may have contributed. Who knows?? It's worth a try!

Pls help

Can a kind soul help me? After using a thin layer of MoM on my face in the morning, when I wash my face using a cleanser at night, will the layer like stop my salicylic acid cleanser's ability to unclog my pores and do its work etc? And after that I would put my spot treatment serum would it affect the serum acne-clearing ability too? Cuz I heard the layer of MoM stays on even after washing?

i learned this from holistic estheticians. at night you wash your face, then put on your treatments and moisturizers. wait five or ten minutes for it to absorb then apply milk of mag last. They recommend persa gel 5% BP (the only chemical they use). It doesn't hinder other products ability, but works with it to help purge out impurities. Its also an anti-inflammatory. Apply with a clean cotton ball. be sure to use moisturizer before masking bc its drying.

Really good

When I was in middle school (I'm in high school now) I had a a lot or at least what I thought was a lot of pimples and my grandma told me about this and to put it on my face and it worked pretty good not 100% bc maybe it was that I was gonna get my period for the first time but still really good

LIFESAVER!

So I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely LOVE IT. As a primer it is amazing, and as a facial mask it is amazing. I have oily/combination skin, but after using MoM, my skin is normal (so it seems) and I have no shine! I have also noticed significant improvement in my acne, which is moderate (usually around that time of the month I breakout on my chin/cheeks) and this time around I have no break outs leading up to my cycle...sorry if i'm giving tmi lol. My skin has been extremely smooth and acne free thus far. All i do is wash my face using my clinique 3 step solutions, apply the MoM with a cotton ball and keep it on my face for about 15 minutes, wash it off, and apply my toner and moisturizer! Hope it works for you all as it did me. Goodluck ;)

Comments

I have been using benzoyl peroxide for about 5 years? maybe 10! I lost count to be honest...All i know is that I was getting sick of using the benzoyl peroxide face wash...I feel like i had been using it for so long that i was starting to lose hair on my hairline on my forehead because of how harsh the chemical was. I decided to stop using the 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash..for better or worse.. I instead started using Cetaphil dermacontrol oil control face wash and started using the milk of magnesia to combat my EXTREMELY oily skin...It's actually worked wonders. My chin is breaking out a little bit but thats about it! I'm going to stick with it though like I planned. As far as the Milk of magnesia goes.. I love it. Its saved my constant anxiety throughout the day...whether it be at work or just out of the house. I used to always be nervous to be out for too long incase my face got too oily and gross. The MOM mask lasts about 8 hours for me which is amazing! Usually my face would be all oiled up an hour after washing it! I have moderate acne right now but my skin has seemed to calm down and my hair isnt bleached anymore because of the benzoyl peroxide! gross. Anyways. I would definitely recomend this product! The only problem I have with this product...if any, is that my face has started to become oily sooner than i'd hope...so maybe my body is over compensating for lack of oil already and is over producing oil... I dont know...ANYWAYSSSSSSS bye.

Your face is definately overcompensating with the sebum production because your skin is dry so your body is trying to balance the pH again and protect your skin from out side pollutants I have bad acne and after I wash my face I use coconut oil to moisturize so my boy won't overcompensate and exacerbate the issue. Coconut oil is wonderful cause it's a light oil and absorbs quickly without feeling greasy and it is anti inflammatory and antimicrobial

Love MOM

Been hearing about this milk of magnesia for a while now, I must say I approve. I have oily skin, and nothing works but this stuff. First u wanna apply a thin layer with a foundation brush, let it dry and just like that shine free. Give it a try if u have oily skin or just oily T-Zone.

Comments

great alternative to expensive masks

affordable effective a little hard to apply because of the consistency causes drying and itching at first I was recommended this product by a nutritionist who had some experience with helping people find natural ways to overcome breakouts. I think it gets the job done and really makes me feel like I'm cleaning out my pores. I have spent a lot of money on expensive/fancy face masks that are supposed to have all these great natural cleansing properties but I really don't think they are any bit more effective than milk of magnesia.

Worked for me!

It works! Cheap Mattifying effect Can turn white if too thick I've tried everything over the counter I could find to reduce my extremely oily skin and help my blemishes. I mean everything! Money was no object to me because I had to look good for my job. I don't have "acne" per say but I did get flair ups. This has made a tremendous difference. I'm 30 and work in a corporate environment, so looking nice is a must for me. A few tips... Apply a thin layer before leaving the house and wait for it to dry to make sure you don't have any white crust on your face. Then at night after washing your face put it on thick! Don't worry about your pillow, no harm done. Also I use this in combination with Derma Topix Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 5 Percent which can be had for about $12

GREAT product

Makes zits less inflamed, red Cheap Over the counter Can make skin dry Leaves a white cast on face I love Milk of Magnesia. I first discovered it a few years ago when I was having BIG cystic zits pop up on my forehead that took forever to go away. Within one use of MOM, they got smaller and less inflamed. Now, years later, I still use MOM on those stubborn pimples that need to shrink fast. I usually just spot treat them and leave it on over night and by the next day, it is smaller and less red. I have never used it as a primer, simply because I get afraid that it might make my face flaky underneath my make up, but I can imagine this would be a great way to matte your skin if you have oily skin. Overall, give MOM a try, it's cheap and works so well!

Comments

A miracle. I've tried everything other than Accutane for my cystic acne. Within a day of putting MoM on my face, I began to notice than the cysts were shrinking, my scars were fading and I didn't feel any new ones developing. I've been using it consistently for about 2.5 weeks and have not had one new pimple. My active cysts have all shrunk down to dots and my scars are getting lighter. My skin also has a nice glow--so much so that I've been getting compliments. This actually feels like a miracl None. It WORKS!!

Comments

It reduces redness, makes the skin soft, and makes the acne much less noticeable/seems to help it go away. It may dry your skin and cause initial redness or irritation. I have tried MANY products from my dermatologist but nothing has seemed to be a miracle worker. Some medication truly did help with my acne. My skin is just unbelievably sensitive and ends up cracking, becoming very red, and stinging. Therefore, I had to discontinue use of almost all of the medications I have tried. My dermatologist had to prescribe the gentlest medication she could find. Unfortunately, it did not work well. My grandmother had me try milk of magnesia because she had read about it in a magazine. I have only been using it for a day and a half and I already love it. Initially it makes my skin red and it stings just a bit (I am used to this because of how sensitive my skin is. It probably won't happen for everyone) . But in the end, it ends up reducing the inflammation and the redness. It seems to also be helping with the acne. It gives your skin a lovely texture that is better than wearing make up. I love it. My acne comes from my father, and he lost his acne the summer after his sophomore year. Being in the same position, let us pray that I can do the same. :) Best of luck to you all!

Guest kim
Guest kim

Started using this about 3-4 weeks ago it was suggested by a mac sales lady she said i would love to get your sale but have you tried milk of magniesa it works great for oily skin under make up i have been using it every since i could teel a difference about a week later i use it morning and night the nurses i work with cant believe that this is all that i am using my face looks great

Comments

Helps prevent acne breakouts Reduces oily skin Treats inflammation Cheap No prescription needed! It's not a miracle cure! But then again, nothing is! :) Firstly, I gave this a 4 and not a 5 on the ratings because I don't believe ANY acne regimen is 100% nor do they work for 100% of the people who try it! But it's certainly a 5-star product in MY case!! Read on! :) For those of you having problems applying the Milk of Magnesia, use a cotton ball! It's really quite simple! Every night before bed I wash my face really well so that it's free of any oils or makeup or dirt. I apply a little Milk of Magnesia to a cotton ball and cover my entire face with a thin layer. The Milk of Magnesia only turns white on your face it you're applying too much or if your Milk of Magnesia is getting low/old. Milk of Magnesia has a tendency to thicken up if it sits in the bottle for too long, so make sure to shake it up really well before each use! I repeat these same steps every morning when I wake up. I have tried Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicyclic Acid, antibiotics and yes... even Accutane! FYI, don't take Accutane! Nothing worked for me. But after a month of loyal use of Milk of Magnesia, I didn't even need to wear makeup anymore! I've been using it for a year now and I get VERY few blemishes. My skin feels GREAT! It may not work for everyone, but it's certainly worth a shot if you've tried everything else with no success (like me!). Bottom Line: I'm a 31 year old female who has suffered since age 15 (or so) from severe cystic acne. No dermatologist will tell you to try Milk of Magnesia for (they'd lose money if they don't prescribe you drugs, duh!) but they WILL admit it reduces inflammation and that it's safe to try. It worked for me! So, why not give it a shot! Just make sure to keep up with every day use for at least a month (have patience!) and I bet you any money you'll start seeing some improvement. Even after your skin clears, keep up with the routine. Keeping your skin clean and reducing oils with this anti-inflammatory product is a great way to keep new breakouts from

Comments

if you stupidly pick a spot, put it on and it drys it up. good as a mask. drys up skin with too much use the skins very dry doesnt prevent acne i have acne on my face, front and back. this product doesnt stop acne but it drys it up and makes a god mask. wouldnt recommend you to use it too much, but it may work for someone with very light acne! give it a go, only cheap and can be found nearly anywhere! x

Guest Jamie
Guest Jamie

Makes my face feel soft If you don't spread it evenly, there will be streaks left on your face/wherever you apply it. I have acne all over, mainly on my back and sometimes on my chest. Right now I am trying to find that solution, I think this might be it topically. I am also taking vitamins like Zinc, b2, b1,b3, b5 and doxycyclin from the derm. It's improving my skin but I just needed something to remove that excess oil. I apply with a cotton swab and my face has never felt so soft! not oily and icky like It usually is. I probably wont need liquid or powder foundation with this stuff! I can go all natural! I haven't used it long enough to see if it clears up my skin but so far its wonderful just for the drying and softness. with all my vitamins, my antibiotic, epsom salt, and this stuff, hopefully I can achieve clear skin! Oh btw if you aren't sensitive to the sun, tanning works wonders for clearing skin and hiding minor previous acne marks. I love that in Florida I can tan for the majority of the year. Please... don't pick... because if you pick after you tan your skin heals WHITE! and the white marks wont fade till the rest of your skin fades....White marks are more hideous then slightly purple or blue marks! I promise! Damn I just gave a whole lot of advice but I just want to help out all you acne suffers. Just know you aren't alone!

Guest DMD
Guest DMD

It works great as a mask. It can recover an even skin tone. Its effective in the treatment of acne. It does not actually prevent acne. It can be drying to the skin with daily use. I have oily skin with moderate acne. I have tried numerous over the counter products and just as many prescription products, I have even purchased products from infomercials... all of which have done little to actually PREVENT acne. So I started looking for products to TREAT acne. I first decided to stop picking my skin and to start using natural cleansing products then I decided to use Milk of Magnesia as a mask. I have used MOM as a mask once a week for the past three months. I believe it has improved my skin tone and has treated sudden break outs but I find that it does not actually prevent acne. I'm totally fine with the results. I love my skin and I dont mind a pimple every now and then.

Guest Ak
Guest Ak

-completely cleared all systic acne -cleared the majority of regular acne -kept my face oil free Slight itch at first when it dries but it fades:) worked better than prescription pills. By far the best treatment I've seen other than urine but I'm not willing to try urine lol

Popular Household/Natural