Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9 Reviews

Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9

Ok

I didn't really notice it doing anything for my breakouts....it was just greasy and hard to apply. I'm not sure if I used it right but wouldn't use again.

Amazing

Gets rid of blackheads Makes skin smooth reduces redness from inflamed pimples expensive This treatment is amazing. I have very oily skin, tons of blackheads and frequent cystic and non-cystic breakouts. I have been putting of using Accutane because I've used it three times and the side effects have me sitting on the fence. BHA 9 makes my skin look flawless the next day. Any active acne loses its redness and reduces in size, blackheads are almost invisible and skin is smooth. It does come at a price. First of all, it's a spot treatment, so it's expensive to use all over, even if you use it just once a week. Second, the results are short lived - one or two days and your skin is back to pre-treatment. Third, salicylic acid is fat soluble, which can make your skin dry and flaky, especially if you're using other products. But I love it. I still use it on occasion, especially before a big night out. Sometimes I'll wake up with one or two tiny whiteheads after using this treatment. I'm assuming that the BHA has exfoliated the pore and the pore went about its business starting a comedone from scratch (that's how blackheads get started, as tiny whiteheads). These don't bother me because they get extracted in a second with hardly any pressure and no mark left behind.

Comments

The most effective spot treatment I've used (over the course of 15 years, using a wide assortment of acne products). It can also be used all over the face as an exfoliant, depending of sensitivity. Fewer breakouts, lessens durations of current blemishes, fades red spots. The pump dispenser isn't ideal and takes some finesse to dispense the right amount. At first glance, it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It can lead to some redness and peeling with frequent application. Well worth the price.

Popular Spot treatments