PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Aquagel Reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Aquagel

love

i used this product and love it it was amazing it cleared acne off but too sad i guess it was discontinue nowhere to found

Comments

Price Quick drying Works Not too harsh on skin Only that its discontinued and won't be back for a while I work in a pharmacy and kept seeing this on a script so thought, it's only £3.40, why not try it. I have tried quinoderm, retin a, dalacin, zineryt and nothing has worked. This product is amazing. It helped clear up the red angry acne on my face. It's made me more confident to go out without make up on too. I absolutely love it and am now hunting around small pharmacies for any reserve stock. I can't say anything else but I love it.

Guest Sara Mullard
Guest Sara Mullard

Cheap Easy to purchase Works quickly Lasts a long time None Used to get a lot of pimples during teenage years. This completely cleared up whilst on the contraceptive pill Yasmin. I was on this for 10 years. Wanted to start a family so had to come off the pill. Pimples came back with a vengeance! At 30 I felt very self conscious and looked up solutions on the Internet. During my teenage years I'd used the usual harsh treatments which never worked, so knew it would be a waste of money. I found acne.org. However since I live in the UK I was not prepared to pay those prices on top of massive postage & packaging prices. I googled Benzoyl Peroxide and found that Boots sell the Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5% for as little as £3.50! Bought it in my local Boots the next day. My routine, just my normal Clarins face wash. Followed by toner. I then put my eye cream on (not getting any younger!), then I put the gel on my finger the size of HALF a pea, then spread this on what I call the 'Homer Simpson six o'clock shadow' area, avoiding the lips and the area around my eyes (basically avoiding where I out the eye cream). Sounds like a small amount but it does spread. Then after a couple of minutes I slap on my moisturiser. I reckon any will do, but I use Clarins. I only do this at night. I do not use the gel after I've washed my face in the morning, that would be too drying. My face cleared up a treat after a couple of weeks. On top of this I drink just under 2 litres of water a day, and I have a facial every 2 weeks, cos lets face it, how often do you work on your face for 30 to 60 mins? It helps to get rid of dead skin cells and any other clogging which can only help your skin! After seeing the results I stopped using the gel, but after a few weeks pimples came back, so I started using again and have been using the gel for about 4 months now and have perhaps had 6 pimples in total during that time which disappear very quickly. I can't recommend this product enough, and a big thank you to acne.org for making me aware of Benzoyl Peroxide. So

Comments

Cheap price Convenient because it is available in every drugstore Reduces redness and dries up pimples fast Lightens up acne scars May take a few weeks before noticing the effectiveness Leaves skin very dry if doesn't use with any moisturizer I tried this product as an alternative while waiting for my regimen kit to arrive this july. Because I ran out of acne maintenance and don't wanna come back to my old dermatologist to purchase their way too expensive products, I stumbled upon this product while researching on the net. Its been a month of using panoxyl 2.5% and I can't say that its perfect but it did help tone down my angry pimples and notice that my acne marks which consists mostly of red papules lighten up. I rarely put moisturizer because of my super oily face and very humid weather here in philippines and it did left my face dry but not that bad...

Guest V
Guest V

works well for light to moderate acne can see effects immediately not expensive and works well prevents new acne makes skin smooth dries up skin initially... i am 26 and have been suffering from acne for about 8 years now and it was getting worse.. also started having cystic ones which would stay below skin for months...!! I tried a lot of creams.. freederm gel, organic creams , sea salt, apple cider vinegar, lemon ...everything... until i started using this... it is a bit frustrating initially cause it dries up skin and makes it flaky ..but worry not..this is what i did to get clear skin in 2 weeks... start in the morning by washing face very gently with CHANDRIKA SOAP ( u can order it online or find it at some asian shop ).. this soap is lovely.. doesnt make skin oily and maintains ph balance..and smells great..pat ur face dry...and apply a thin layer of PANOXYL 2.5 gel over spots and then use FREEDERM OIL FREE MOISTURISER over it after 10 minutes.. this gel will prevent skin from overdrying... do the same before sleeping at night....just use panoxyl and not moisturiser.... Well thats it really ... let your skin be flaky and let it peel off .. what it does it is shed the outer skin and brings out new softer skin from below ,..also helps remove scars...better lock yourself in ur room for a week...after that u will see your spots disappearing...and getting fewer .. also it prevents new spots from coming... after following it for 2 weeks as you feel ur skin getting better reduce panoxyl to only once a day and use good amount of freederm moisturiser... i think people dont like this product cause it makes skin flaky but using less quantities and using a good moisturiser is the key...I only get a tiny spot every week cause my sugar intake is quite high...so cut that down too..dont worry too much about scars.. control new spots and scars will fade away soon ... i used panoxyl 2.5 cause it's mild and works well instead of 5 or 10 and stick to it for some months and not leave it after couple of weeks ...also please stay happy..!!!

Guest Keithy Joe
Guest Keithy Joe

* Helps in reducing or preventing white heads * Persistent use will result in improved complexion and reduction of acne. * Gel is too thick * Because of gel viscosity absorption of moisturiser is not very effective * Drying and Redness increased because of incompatibility with most moisturisers Panoxyl AQ 2.5% works in a similar way to the DK regime BP. However, I have noticed differences. The main reason for this purchase was because of cost. It is a cheaper alternative to DK BP due to reduced shipping costs and can be easily purchased on Amazon. Great you say? Well initially you would think so. I would say though, tread with caution. Closer inspection of the ingredients list reveals the inclusion of SLS which is naturally drying. I don't know why you would add SLS with BP and this is more than likely why the 2.5% concentration of this BP compared to Oxy 10% is just as drying, if not more. It's very difficult to absorb it into the skin due to the thickness and this often leads to over exertion and possibly to much friction aggreviating the skin even more. It's also very difficult to add moisturiser over the top as the film of BP sits on top of the skin and doesn't fully absorb. All in all, you get what you pay for. A cheaper product with the unneccessary inclusion of SLS. It does do the job of helping to clear - but not as good as DK products/

Comments

Works Quickly Available locally Cheap! Effective Clears blackheads! Skin clears up in about 3 weeks Can really dry out patches of your face if applied too often The dry patches take about a week to heal up I have had acne for now nearly 2 years after having my son, I developed food allergies. I noticed that wheat is the worst thing for my skin but have found that even having lime juice and cheese makes things so much worse. I went raw vegan for a few weeks and my skin cleared up very quickly but it was very hard to eat like that all the time. I have tried everything for acne, take supplements like pure bio zinc 30. At night I would even use this as a paste on my skin it helped but didn't stop the acne. I've tried lemon juice, honey masks and natural clay etc I was so upset and fed up I thought for £3 I would just try the Panoxyl, nothing to lose. I cleansed my skin with loccitane rice cleanser, and used witch hazel after so skin was very clean. I originally applied the gel to the areas of acne like it says to do, but every quickly it burnt my skin and the patches came up. Everyone was telling me not to use it again but I stopped until the patches went away. So a week after I started using it again at night only and my skin has dramatically improved, I can't believe it. I have tried everything to solve my acne and this really has changed my skin. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and I would say by week 6 my skin will be completely clear! Looks really great!!! I cannot recommend this enough but be careful! I use a cotton bud and dot a tiny amount on each spot. Takes about 5 minutes but its worth it!!

Guest Maggie
Guest Maggie

- It works. - It's cheap - I like the consistence: It's a nice gel. - Comes in a good size - Easy to apply - Combinig it with moisturizer is a bit different than usual, but if you use the right technique it works just fine Since I live in the UK, I couldn't get Dan's Acne Treatment without some extra delivery costs of 50$ or so, and that wasn't worth it for me. So I checked the internet and found this distributed on Amazon in a 3-pack for a fairly cheap prize. I've been going with Dan's Regimen (combining it with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and Moisturizing Lotion) and am happy to recommend this product. It really helps. I've been using it now for almost a month, and my face has considerably cleared up. I recommend to use a make-up sponge to apply the moisturizer, and sort of dab it on, so it won't mix so much with the BP. Otherwise the moisturizer will be hard to spread and leave a white trace on your face for about 15 min or so, until it's absorbed. In general: If you can't get Dan's products, go ahead and order this!

Comments

Cleared up SOME acne temporarily. Acne came back after 2 weeks. Very drying. Can bleach clothing. This worked well for a few weeks but then I ended up getting bigger and extremely sore spots. Dried out my skin and no amount of moisturiser could cure it! Might work for other people but did nothing for me. I'd recommend using lemon juice instead.

Comments

Reduces acne Dries quickly Ages skin Pan Oxyl 2.5% Aqua Gel was the only 2.5% BP gel I could find in the UK. I used it following Dan's Regime for about 5 months in total, using it morning and evening for 3 of those months, then just evening for 2 months. I found it was effective at clearing my face acne, however I also found it aged my skin quite a lot. I used moisturiser twice a day also- so it wasn't that my skin was dry, it just looked old and rough and lost its 'glow'. After 3 months of the twice a day application I thought I'd try just once a day, which did improve the condition of my skin (i.e. less ageing) but it wasn't so effective on my acne, and I got more spots. I am in my mid 30s though- and maybe because I am a bit older than many acne sufferers the 'ageing' part of it was more concerning for me. I would definitely recommend it for younger people though.

Comments

Works to reduce acne Unnecessarily drying Bleaches hair badly Doesn't absorb well into skin and sits on the surface I've used this BP and others for well over a year now. For the past four months I've solely been using this benzoyl peroxide and it did work in overcoming acne albeit slowly. However, it would leave my skin VERY dry and red and I found myself utterly devastated by the sight of my own skin. Even after several months I couldn't reduce my acne to below 4 or 5 active spots (with a heck of a lot of red marks). I wanted to persevere with the regimen so I switched to Daniel Kern's BP and wow - what a difference. I didn't realise until this point how extremely drying the panoxyl made my skin in comparison to a superior BP. My self-esteem shot up as (even though I still had acne) my skin looked 100% healthier. I've only been on the DK BP a total of 4 days but the improvement to my skin is significant and my acne is clearing FAST. Would NOT recommend Panoxyl, it's just a shame that Daniel Kern's BP is so expensive to get ahold of in the UK.

Comments

Clears Redness MAY clear spots. Dries skin. I got prescribed this as since i was about 13 ive had quite bad acne, im only 16, and its knocking my confidence as it would anybody. I got prescribed it on Monday then used it till now. Wednesday, Ive been putting it on a night.. I cant say ive noticed any massive improvements yet, other than drying my skin, but i can say it has taken some of the redness away, and I dont see any new spots forming. my acne prone areas are WAY dry and are peeling a bit.. Ive been using E45 cream for that over some antibiotics I was given by my doctor.

Comments

Clears acne very quickly Very inexpensive Drys skin a lot Stains clothes I've been using this product for a few months now and it's been amazing to my skin! Within a week after using it I saw a significant improvment with my acne. For the first time in years I have clear skin. I use a small amount each night after taking a hot shower and it seems to work great. However, it dries the skin a lot. It's got to the point where I have to carry moisturizer with me where ever I go (which is not ideal for a guy). But when I miss just one night of using it, I wake up with more pimples. So I'd rather stick with it.

Guest T.M.
Guest T.M.

Cheap (Free on NHS) Works Gel Consistency Can be drying at first I have to admit that I always talked down this product as my memories of it are from about 10 years ago before I incorporated it into the regimen. I started using it as back up for when I ran out of Dans stuff but I can see myself moving over to this full time. I just like the consistency a bit more and it seems to work just as well.

Guest FadingSlowly
Guest FadingSlowly

None. Everything. It made the parts where I had applied it bright red. So red that even my friends were asking me if I had had a allergic reaction to something. It was a flakey and peely and absolutely horrendous. I couldn't put my make up on or anything. It was horrible Do not buy this product. Go natural instead. I've started to- Egg White face masks - simply spread the egg whites over face and let it dry. Wash my face with porridge oats/oatmeal but at night I use my normal mild Olay conditioning milk cleanser to remove makeup. Drink green tea - 3-4 cups a day or two capsules. Hope these remedies work for you :) - HoldingOn.

Guest Henry
Guest Henry

Worked on some parts of the face Easily available if you're in the UK There is something in this product other than BP that is horrendous for the skin Bad quality product Difficult to apply as very thick and rubbing into skin will cause more irritation Started the regimen just over 9 weeks ago using pan oxyl 2.5 gel. It cleared up my forehead and temples, nose and lower cheeks mostly but caused huge inflamed pustules on my upper cheeks either side of the nostrils. This continued for weeks along with a few every two weeks or so on my lower cheeks. I never felt that spots had stopped forming until I bought Dan's BP, yes it costs me three times more in postage and customs charges than in the US, but I do not care because the difference is HUGE. No more redness around eyes, no more spots even starting to form, not one! Just waiting now for previous enflamed ones on upper cheeks to calm down. No more flakiness (like a white beard before) Skin feels much smoother and less irritated, less tight and Dan's BP is like a moisturiser compared to this. Pan Oxyl is crap, utter crap, and they should be ashamed of themselves because I tried this first when I was 14 and gave up because of the irritation. If only I had tried Dan's, then maybe I would have been clear for the last 7 years!! SLS should not be allowed in facial application products and neither should the other dodgy chemicals. If you use this and your skin doesn't clear up, then it probably isn't the BP that is the problem but something else. Buy Dan's from the outset, and you should reap the rewards of the regimen far sooner and more effectively. I wish he had pushed his own products more. His honesty in not trying to make money is admirable, but I wish I had known the superiority of his products sooner. AHA+ is great as well, my skin responded perfectly to both his BP and AHA+ although I know that everyone is different.

Comments

I like the metallic-like container :) Gel-based, doesn't leave a residue Horrid smell Doesn't go on to the face well Extremely drying. The 2.5% Panoxyl was even more drying than the 10% Oxy brand. I was originally using Oxy 10% BP for my acne, but it was cream based and left a white residue when i sweat (my country has a very hot climate) and hence i switched to Panoxyl as it was a cheap gel-based BP treatment compared to Benzac. However, even though I started off at a really small amount, Panoxyl dried up my skin a LOT even though I slab on tons of moisturizer (not Dan's though). It is really surprising how the 2.5% Panoxyl is more drying than the 10% Oxy. I guess a good thing about Panoxyl is that it doesn't burn my skin, although it dries it and causes redness. I wouldn't recommend this as I believe there are milder and better alternatives out there like Benzac and Oxy. It could be that Panoxyl has harsher ingredients. Oh and Panoxyl smells absolutely horrid.

Guest Sunshine
Guest Sunshine

Slightly removed acne,but came back afterwards Burnt my skin Acne came back Dried up my skin ALOT I have never written a review before, but this product really damaged my skin. After a week of use I found my skin looked burnt and was really red. I immediatly stopped use. My GP has now put me on Tetralysal lymecycline 300mg Hard Capsules, so i am trying that out.

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

Reduced oiliness Some initial acne control Did not effectively manage acne Extremely drying at first Made skin extremely pale and dull Made zits/spots take much longer to clear and heal After using birth control for years to control my acne I decided to stop for a few months and see if my skin could handle it. About a month in the acne and oily skin I'd had before going on the pill came back, and after researching options and reading all the positive reviews I started using PanOxyl 2.5. Firstly, I should say to anyone starting out on it, be sure to only use it once a day at first or it will dry your skin out BADLY and cause flaking. I overdid it and learned this the hard way. I did find though that it immediately helped with my acne and reduced the oiliness of my skin. I kept using it over the course of a couple months (eventually back up to twice a day) but after that first week my acne was back, and though my skin and zits were drier, I still had a lot of acne. The zits also didn't really heal. The entire time I was using the PanOxyl it almost seemed like my skin was too dry of damaged to regenerate. The zits would turn into dark dry spots and never went away enough to stop covering them with make up. My overall complexion became dull and I felt that I looked much older than I did off of the PanOxyl. In the end I was really disappointed with the product, especially after reading the positive reviews, because I very much hoped that it would work great for me. I discontinued using the PanOxyl and went back onto my birth control. It was a failed experiment that left me with by far the worst period of acne I'd had in over 10 years.

Comments

Mostly Cleared Up Acne Cheap Easily Available VERY IRRITATING Extreme Redness & Dryness Didn't fully clear me up This product did clear me up rather well, but after trying to very slowly build up my usage for 8 months I had to give up - my face was so so red it was awful. I had previously used 5% BP Duac Cream which was FAR less irritating. I'm not sure what ingredient it is in Panoxyl, but it destroyed my skin - and a lot of people on here seem to agree with me, but lots of others love it. I think it just depends on how sensitive your skin is, but if your redness and dryness just refuses to go away after 2 months - give up and switch! Your skin is obviously allergic to something in Panoxyl, I have much better results with Oxy on the Spot (bit more expensive and a 2.% Cream) and Duac Gel (a free prescription 5% Gel with Antibiotic).

purpleamethyst

cheap. easy to buy at pharmacy and online. Dries clear. Doesn't ball up under makeup. It works. Drying at first. Contains SLS. Bleaches fabrics (but so do all BP products) This really works! I started using the regimen years ago and my skin has been pretty clear, although not absolutely; there are always one or two spots when I'm using this...however, if I don't use it, my face is covered in them. I do get complacent and start using it less and the difference is obvious. Last week I went 2 weeks without any BP at all and I had the worst breakout in my life, my entire face was covered in sore pustules, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts and bumps. I couldn't believe the withdrawal symtoms. I'm really angry at myself for stopping it because now I have to start the regimen again from scratch. It's been 3 days and the improvement has been massive, although my skin is red, itchy and dry I can see that the big ones have shrunk to almost normal proportions. The coolest thing is that all the gunk under the skin is coming out of my pores like it is being purged. I also like Dan's BP but this one has less fumes and is cheaper for me in the UK. Overall, I recommend this.

Comments

Within days my acne started to clear! Very inexpensive Easy to buy online Slightly dry and peely skin (no problem with moisturiser) Will stain clothes and fabrics! I am so glad to have found this product. When I first started using it my acne started to clear and now - a couple months later - I finally feel confident with my skin! The downside is that it will stain clothes. I ruined a good shirt with it before. But I would happily ruin 1000 more shirts so long as I don't have acne. Haha

Guest PC
Guest PC

This stuff has done wonders for my skin in just a few weeks: I started with a very small amount am and pm but by the second week my skin was becoming seriously dry. I started using BP pm and jojoba oil am. Now I use a reasonable amount of BP am and pm, and jojoba oil on top of the BP am, and now my skin is almost clear and not dry. I've tried loads of drugs on prescription and over the counter meds but this is the only stuff that has worked besides roaccutane (which didn't work for long). My acne got me really down and I'm so happy to have "normal" skin again :)

Comments

- Gel Base - cheap! - comes in good sized tube! - water base vs alcohol - Grainy - sticky when putting on and throughout the day - doesnt mix well with moisturizer So we all know BP is drying, and this one is no different so im not going to complain about side effect associated with BP. It has a grainy texture, its difficult to spread around, it feel sticky when you put it on and throughout the day(if u dont moisturize) when apply moisturizer you have to apply alot as because the face is so sticky it doesnt allow the moisturizer to spread around easily!! its alot easier to spread then its 5% cousin but it comes in a good sized tube, its in a water base, its gel form, and its cheap so 4.0 stars. i will continue to use it unless i find something that spreads easier and similar size/value

Guest Jo
Guest Jo

Skin already clearing up quickly and less red overall Cheap; does not require prescription No side effects Quick and easy to apply None that bother me I'm 28 and I've suffered from acne since my teens. I've been on roaccutane 3 times which cleared my skin completely but each time my acne has returned. I am on dianette which helps but still leaves me with some moderate acne. I had tried BP as a child but it had caused my skin to flake so I hadn't tried it as an adult. However, my skin has been a bit better recently so I thought I'd try BP again whilst my skin wasn't too angry. I started with a VERY light film and after a couple of days noticed my skin improving. I haven't needed a moisturiser at all but I have one on stand by. Even though I've only been using a week, my skin has dramatically improved: new spots are smaller and clearing up quickly; overall my skin tone (previously quite red) has improved. I still use quite a light film and apply am and pm after washing with soap and water. I've also stopped using make up during the day. I feel confident that in another week my skin will be just about clear, and I will report back!

Popular All-over treatments