PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel Reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel

Ineffective at treating cystic acne

I have tried this product to help clear my hormonal cystic acne and found it to be ineffective in treating this type of acne. I used it daily, morning and night and gave up after a month as I saw no improvement and it really dried out my skin and made it itchy. With hormonal acne, I really do not think that topical products like this one work. It might dry out acne on the surface, but will not make it stop coming. I had an awful breakout a year ago and had cystic acne all over my jawline and neck area. I have used only natural remedies after trying medications and topical treatments from the doctor that didn't work and my acne has completely cleared up. I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my the 'About Me' section of my profile. I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now. Thank you for reading and good luck on your journey.

Tig

Didn't work

Was excited to try this after all the great reviews. I had moderate acne and sadly it didn't touch it. Different things work for different people I suppose, not for me though ☹�

Comments

Tried everything.......including this. Doesn't work!

Hoping this review can help someone out there. Long but worthwhile, I hope. Let me just say that when I first got this, I was really excited that maybe a product would finally work for me. Everything I read made it seem like a real miracle product. My back story: I am 28 years old, have battled extreme cystic acne for my entire life, been on 2 rounds of accutane, tried spiro, doxy, you name it. Tried Proactive, R&F, Mario B, Paula's choice' everything. This was something my mother brought up to me. She knows how much acne has affected my life in a negative way and is on the lookout constantly for products that might help me. My immediate results were very good. Like people said. My cystic acne cleared up but I did experience more small, hard white spots than I had ever experienced before which I found strange. And they ended up being the kind that need extraction by using a needle. They were very painful to extract and they numbered in the hundreds all over my face and neck. Seeing that I had never had them before, I know they were caused by this product. In addition, my skin became painfully dry. Cracked and chapped. The moisturizer I ended up having to use then makeup almost made me look like a circus clown - with caked on dead skin underneath makeup. it was gross. My lips began to bleed in the creases. I became as self conscious about these new developments as I was with my cysts. One problem gone and a new one came. Problems with it: - Too much flaking, dry cracked skin - Doesn't actually clear up all acne types apparently - Can burn the skin if left on too long Enter momma bear again, thank god for moms. I was pretty much worn out, contemplated using the no soap, water technique even though it seems foolish to me. Seemed foolish to her to. Behind my back she called up and had a consultation on my behalf with a company called Ninja Skincare. She bought the products they recommended and gave them to me 1 month ago. So one month in, the good news is that everything is clear. I haven't had a cyst in 3 weeks. My white nodules stopped appearing, although I still had to remove the existing ones. I started on the benzoyl 5% which is perfect for me, I am still dry and flaking but there is no more cracking and the flakes seem to flake off my skin pretty easily. I have been personally contacted by the owner of the company as well as a couple of representatives to check on the status of my skin. Like what on earth?! Have you guys ever heard of something like that? And plus, here is the real crazy thing. After the first week, I was on the benzoyl 10% and I was complaining of how dry I was. They offered to return the 10% and send me the 5% free of charge '˜cause they wanted my skin clear. Honestly, I have never had customer service like that. I am sure that this panoxyl is great for a lot of folks but trust me there are a lot of products out there and the majority of the don't work. I had just about given up hope but now I am a believer big time' some stuff does work! Keep looking friends!

Comments

Test content, please IGNORE.

Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE.

So far, so good!

First night of wearing, woken up with cyst-like spots dramatically reduced in size, all the others look and feel a lot calmer, as well as no new breakouts. Like I say, so far - so good! Can't wait to continue seeing the results of this product.

MIRACLE PRODUCT!

I have clogged pores on my cheeks and I needed something fast to get rid of them. I heard about Panoxyl 10% Aguagel and wanted to try it out. Best acne cream ever! I saw results in 2 weeks! I wash my face in the am and apply a small amount on my problem areas and moisturise with E45 cream and sleep with it on and wash it off the next morning and repeat these steps. The first time I used this my skin was itchy, burning and very dry but this will only go on for a week or so. It was deffo effective and was very cheap!

Panoxyl

Hi, i have been using this cream for about a month now and have had a noticed my skin improving- slowly but better than anything else i have tried. However, i am trying to find the best method of applying this cream. i have tried individual spot treatment and all over the face mixing the cream with warm water to create a paste. Both methods have worked okay, just wondered if anyone has got a solid method for application to see best results. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for moisturiser for dryness would be soooo helpful! I have been using simple, but not really helping with the dryness- makeup has became a nightmare to put on due to the flakiness! Thankyou :) X

No Doubt

Alrighty, Here's the Scoop in a nutshell: 10% Benzoyl Peroxide is very drying, however effective. I will never say no to something that works. Just use a good moisturizer. However, I always recommend a 5-2.5% BP (Preferably 2.5%) because it does great work, the same actually, and no dryness. Plus you can spread it all over your face after using a SA Cleanser and apply Moisturizer and your set to be acne free! -Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash -2.5% Neutrogena BP -Aveeno Non-Comodegenic Moisturizer (or any good moisturizer) I struggle with blackheads and larger pimples and it works well!

To all those who say it stops working: It doesn't but the dryness makes it too dry to get under the skin to treat the acne. Use a moisturizer!
hi there, i just wanna ask after applying this product should i wash or just let it be before applying my moisturizer?
Hey, how long do you wait after applying the medication to put the moisturizer?
Maybe the combination with the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash is not helping either with the dryness because it has salicyclic acid and at least on my case, is very drying to my skin so much that even gave me hyperpigmentation around my mouth.

it works

ive been using this product for 3 months and i get very great result i have no acne now, no problems with redness or peeling...i apply it on my face and leave for 3-5mins before shower and follow by moisturizer but for overnight using i would recommended for lower concentration...

hi there, i just wanna ask after applying this product should i wash it or just let it be before applying my moisturizer?
Where did you purchase it ive been looking for years for that specific brand

Don't Overuse!

This product could really dry me out. The first few nights I used it I woke up and my skin was super dry and flaky. I decided to start using it very minimally, as a spot treatment. Putting just a tiny dab on any pimples I have. I think it helps speed up the drying and healing process of the pimples.

Too drying!

This product was too harsh for my skin, after one application my skin would be fine but I had to take 1 or 2 nights to recover, hence the product didn't work for me. I am now taking 5% Benzol Peroxide because I think if I use it consistently it will work for me.

Hey! Where did you buy it?

Great item

I would really recommend this to you. My friend told me about this and I tried a lot of things but this really worked. I've been taking a bacteria pill prescribed by my doctor and also used epiduo. It really changed my acne in 6-8 weeks

Does the job

I've been using BP in some form since about 1997 and found the regimen in 2000. I've tried all the different formulas at some point and have landed on this. I find Dan's too watery and it takes forever to dry. This has just the right consistency for my skin. I used the 2.5% until it was discontinued and now buy this by the 6 pack. I don't find it any more irritating than the lower strength. If just starting out on the regimen I'd maybe advice a lower concentration but if you do decide to go with this I'd start off using it every other night and just play it by feel. 10% is strong stuff for skin that's not used to BP I have no problems with redness or peeling after years on it so I can plaster it on with no I'll effects. I do have olive skin though so those with fair skin might not hanble it as well. I also only use it at night after I have a shave (just water no cream or cleanser) followed by some moisturiser. I still have the odd breakout but nothing I can't handle I only now have acne around my mouth ( where i use this) but used to have it all over years back. Sadly I think it's here to stay around the mouth area.

It actually dies work

Hi. I recently got out panoxyl aquagel 10% about a week ago and since then I have had no spots at all! I've tried so many others but believe me this stuff actually works and very well at that. The first 5ish days my skin was a but drier but not that much. After a week my skin feels dry and it is a bit peely but nothing anyone would notice as they walked past. I use it once a day then use simple moisturiser. It works great and haven't had any spots since. I had them small ones and the large puss filled ones under the skin but no more of them. Yay

Gone without notice

id been a user of PanOxyl since college and it really works so fast and so well. Im so much just disappointed that PanOxyl was removed or termed as PHASE OUT on drugstores here in the Philippines. It is very sad that i tried other products but does not ever treat acne at all.

Cleared my Acne

I can honestly say this product is what made the most difference in my acne. I'm 17 years old and have had mild acne since I was around 11. However, lately it began to get worse. Using pan oxyl once a day pretty much cleared all my active breakouts. It's been wonderful. I use it and then put honey on as a spot treatment. However, it can be drying so I make sure to apply lots of lotion.

Comments

this product is a miracle

I am 70yrs old have suffered with acne for 40yrs, l have had Roccutane, ok for 6months, 20yrs on tetrecyline, wish l had found Panoxyl before now, l have mild acne now, always got a few hard red lumps which are painful take ages to go! Have been using Panoxyl for one month unbieveable l put a small amount on the spot at night with a cotton bud, in the morning it has almost gone, like a miracle. Highly reccommend.

Absolute Life Changer

I am 17 and have suffered from extreme back-acne since I was 12. Being a girl, having cystic acne covering every inch of your back is not only painful but horribly embarrassing. I started using PanOxyl 10% body wash in April of this year, and I can honestly say it has changed my life. Within a week all of my acne cleared up and I didn't have a single pimple on my back or body. Occasionally I'll get a pimple here and there, but I can finally wear bathing suits without a shirt on and feel confident in my own skin. PanOxyl is hands down the best acne product I have ever tried. Some advice: I recommend buying a shower brush. Let your back soak in hot water, and then scrub all areas of your back with brush before applyng wash. This will open your pores allowing the wash to soak into your skin. I let the wash sit on my back for a good 5 minutes before rinsing. Because the skin on your back is tougher and thicker than the skin on your face, this product will most likely not dry out your skin on your back. However, for your face, I recommend PanOxyl 5%. Hope this helps!

Brilliant solution

Effective and fast acting Quickly absorbed Can cause skin peel and redness at first Very difficult to find in UK Have tried most other products but I find panoxyl to be the only over the counter product which keeps my acne at bay. The cream is quickly absorbed by the skin and can be used in conjunction with many other products such as moisturiser to counteract the drying effect of BP. Recommend starting with 4% before making transition to 10 as it caused very bad skin peeling until I became used to it. Now I have no side effects and as long as I use it morning and night I get very few if any spots.

Comments

It works but it needs a lot of time

It works It needs time I have been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% for 4 months and it let my face clean (I only had some red marks) but after the summer my acne came back so now I'm using it in combination of topical isotretinoin. It works but it need time, give it 3 months. It has never irritate my skin.

Comments

Great on the spot treatment

Cheap £5 in uk (online, prescribed or bought in some boots stores effective long lasting (only use small amounts on spots) Will cause redness and irritation I only use panoxyl 10% on spots or badly affected areas after applying epiduo and an oil-free moisturizer over my entire face. Try not to use it on non-affected areas as it will cause redness and irritation even if you are a long time user of Bp (I have been using BP consistently for 4 years and it will still make my face red if applied too generously). Make sure to moisturize before applying and be consistent with the application-it works quite quickly in the method I mentioned above but sometimes you have to be patient Note that I currently have only a few spots on my face but previously I have moderate acne

Also it is great for Bacne and acne on the back of the neck, you can apply more generously here because the skin is thicker and is less likely to become irritated

Popular All-over treatments