x

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Acne Foaming Wash reviews

3.7/5 - 38 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch.

Mild- Moderate Cystic Acne Treament
Reviewed on January 2, 2018

I have mild to moderate cystic acne along my jawline and lower cheeks and with some adult acne on my forehead. PanOxyl is seriously the best. I am using adapelene .03% and clindamycin lotion 1% both perscribed by my derm. I was originally using cetaphil as recommended from the doctor but I had a horrible initial breakout from the adapelene and was so depressed my face was covered in redness and cysts and cetaphil did nothing for my face. I came across PanOxyl in my local pharmacy and decided to give it a try. I saw a noticeable difference in 3 days. By 7 days my face was basically clear of all acne and redness. By week 2, my face is completely clear and my complexion is back to normal! I am still using PanOxyl once daily at night followed by adapelene and Cetaphil moisturizer. In the morning I wash my face with jojoba oil and put clindamycin lotion and cetaphil lotion for the day. This stuff seriously works if you have acne, however, it is severely drying. Like I mean my face is flaming and it’s partially because of the adapelene retinoid but I wouldn’t recommend using this more than 1 time per day but I would ask your derm. Just load up on mosturizer and you should be fine! I’ve also heard this doesn’t work for everybody but you should give it a try because I had amazing results and wanted to share this because my acne has caused severe depression and if Theres anyone else struggling with it I hope this will help them find their cure as well! (Also the 4 stars is because it’s so drying) otherwise would give it a 5.

by Malibubaby33 on 01/02/2018 13:26
My face is flaking, not flaming.
Love PanOxyl!!!
Reviewed on December 30, 2017

I'm a 16 year-old girl and I've been using PanOxyl for a little over a month and it is AMAZING. I always thought anything my mom would give me wouldn't work, but I noticed the results in a few weeks. My forehead has cleared up and I barely have any marks on it. My cheeks still have acne scars but it has helped to get rid of new pimples that formed. It's so great, and I recommend it for anyone who is dealing with mild acne. It's also great for me because I have dry skin and it makes my face feel extremely soft afterwards. Just make sure to apply a generous amount of moisturizer after you dry your face.

Amazing
Reviewed on January 15, 2017

After battling with adult hormonal acne and trying so many different products, I finally found my holy grail. It's a high dosage of benzoyl peroxide so obviously it will dry you out. The number one thing that I recommend when using this product is to ONLY use it on areas where you have acne. Avoid the mouth and under eye ares, as they are prone to dryness. And remember to moisturize.

Very drying
Reviewed on December 30, 2016

I have severe acne and the product worked great for the first week but my skin dryed out horribly especially around my nose my skin was peeling and let me just say I AM AN OILY MESS. Other than drying my skin out my acne is still here I've been using the product for 1 month going on 2 and my acne on my cheeks is the worst. END OF STORY I DON'T RECOMMEND IT!

Didnt rlly do anything
Reviewed on November 10, 2016

So Ive been using this for a few months now and It just hasnt done much for me it helped my acne like the first week and after that it just stopped working lmao.

SO thankful for this amazing product
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

LONG REVIEW! sorry but totally worth the read if you need any bit of hope!

I have had acne issues on my back and chest for years. By years I mean since I was about 16 years old and I am 27 now and was still having issues. I have been to the dermatologist PLENTY in attempts of finding a product that would clear my skin up. I've never had too much of an issue with facial acne except for a few breakouts here and there. But my back and chest acne ALWAYS caused issues for me. I've tried EVERYTHING..... Retina gel, Ac-zone, Clindagel and even tried home made "cures". From Apple Cider Vinegar homemade toner to lathering T-gel on my back because I thought it would work and every time I tried something new I was so hopeful that SOMETHING would eventually rid my acne. About 3 years ago my dermatologist prescribed me a clindamycin based gel mixed with a 1-5% Benzoyl Peroxide liquid. I put it on once a day before bedtime and surprisingly I was happy with the results but my acne wasn't 100% going away. My dermatologist moved and I totally forgot about my gel having no refills. IMMEDIATELY after I stopped using the gel, totally my fault, my chest and back began to break out BAD. I'm getting married in a couple months and my anxiety was at a high because my dress fully exposed my chest and the embarrassment set in knowing my chest was going to look terrible on my big day. I was desperate to find a fast acting solution since I couldn't get into a different dermatologist for another month. I found reviews of Panoxyl online and was surprised at all the great reviews it had but was still initially not convinced. I took the chance anyways and bought the Panoxyl foaming body wash. I have super sensitive skin so after reading the reviews I got the 4%. I used it for about a week and was highly disappointed when....there was no change. Still desperate I went to the store and bought the 10% despite the reviews saying it was really drying for sensitive skinned people. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and are you ready for it? ACNE ALMOST GONE completely. Also it hasn't dried my skin out really at all, so I'm not sure if I just got lucky here or what. It does make my skin itch a bit but I'm willing to deal with that for a clear back and chest. I use it once daily in the shower. I wash my body with the Cetaphil antibacterial soap bar. Then I put some Panoxyl on my hands and rub it on my back and chest, I then use a loofah and squeeze some more on that and scrub in circular motion my chest and back and then leave it on there for about 2 minutes. It takes time to work but just be patient!!! and I promise you won't be disappointed :)

Follow acne.org instructions when washing with this
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

Do not scrub your skin with this!! Gentle method is best just as acne.org recommend washing. A good moisturizer is important. This product has reduced my back acne to almost zero. Excellent product and a good over the counter alternative. Down side is the excessive drying of the skin. Maybe a lower % to start is better.

...
Reviewed on May 22, 2016

I've been using this product for 3 weeks now and there have been no visible results and my face is just as bad as it was before I started using PanOxyl. Pretty disappointed but at least it was only $10

Something that actually WORKS!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2016

I can't believe how much money I've spent in just the last year on expensive face washes and treatments and this magic wash has been right under my nose all along! Little back story. I'm 19 and have had moderate hormonal acne for 5 years now. If you didn't already know hormonal acne can't really be treated by topical products. It's what's going on in the inside. So a year ago I was on a birth control that is known for also treating hormonal acne. My experience with the pill was amazing and I stopped getting cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and jaw line. 7 months latter i quit taking the pill. It's now been a year since i been off it and my face and shoulders are breaking out like they used to. So i made a appointment to get back on the pill. But in the mean time I wanted to get a strong face wash, because i literally had so much painful-under the skin breakouts on my cheeks and jaw line. I saw many great reviews of PanOxyl so i gave it a try. And wow this stuff worked for me in 5 DAYS!!! Yes I did get very dry skin but that is to be expected with that much Benzoyl Peroxide. Idk why people are surprised it dried out their skin. It even says that it most likely will on the box... Anyways I mean like scabby peeling over where the acne was....buuuut no acne was there! Just dry skin! Which i prefer a lot more than a nasty breakout. A couple days later I quit using it all over my face and only used it on certain areas. Also noticed my skin is now used to it and doesn't dry out anymore. I wanted to say i saw a pattern in many reviewers saying they used Cetaphil moisturizer after cleansing. I would recommend using this as well for the dryness and just because I feel it goes extremely well with PanOxyl, considering its gentle and fragrance free and non-comedogenic, meaning it does not clog pores or cause blemishes. PanOxyl is also amazing as a body wash as well! All in all this product is my liquid gold and I don't think I could live without it!

didn't work for me...
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

i used this in the past, this product dried my face out horribly and basically sucked the life out of my skin, my skin was flakey and irrataed. no matter how much moisturizer I slathered all over my face I still had many dry patches. it didn't clear my acne either, I got worse acne then I ever had using this and had very deep large zits and occasional cystic acne. I occasionly was clear but just reverted back to acne the next day.. use this product if you would like to put very harsh chemicals on your face and suck the life out of your skin, because from my experience, that's all this product does

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org