PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Acne Foaming Wash Reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Acne Foaming Wash

Gmp

New Formula

The product ingredients have changed, (March 2018) it no longer includes glycolic acid. It has a different consistency and bleachy odor. I LOVED this product and am so dissapointed!! Any recommendations for a product that is similar?

I am also disappointed with the new product.
i found the older wash at cvs behind the boxes that said "new formula" i decided to try that first to see if the old formula is better, been using it for a week, i've seen improvements on my shoulders. i hope the new formula works just as well
Try Acne Foaming Wash from the Walgreens brand. It’s supposed to be compared with the old Panoxyl and has glycolic acid. It also has the pasty consistency of the old formula. Hope it helps.

Mild- Moderate Cystic Acne Treament

I have mild to moderate cystic acne along my jawline and lower cheeks and with some adult acne on my forehead. PanOxyl is seriously the best. I am using adapelene .03% and clindamycin lotion 1% both perscribed by my derm. I was originally using cetaphil as recommended from the doctor but I had a horrible initial breakout from the adapelene and was so depressed my face was covered in redness and cysts and cetaphil did nothing for my face. I came across PanOxyl in my local pharmacy and decided to give it a try. I saw a noticeable difference in 3 days. By 7 days my face was basically clear of all acne and redness. By week 2, my face is completely clear and my complexion is back to normal! I am still using PanOxyl once daily at night followed by adapelene and Cetaphil moisturizer. In the morning I wash my face with jojoba oil and put clindamycin lotion and cetaphil lotion for the day. This stuff seriously works if you have acne, however, it is severely drying. Like I mean my face is flaming and it's partially because of the adapelene retinoid but I wouldn't recommend using this more than 1 time per day but I would ask your derm. Just load up on mosturizer and you should be fine! I've also heard this doesn't work for everybody but you should give it a try because I had amazing results and wanted to share this because my acne has caused severe depression and if Theres anyone else struggling with it I hope this will help them find their cure as well! (Also the 4 stars is because it's so drying) otherwise would give it a 5.

My face is flaking, not flaming.

Love PanOxyl!!!

I'm a 16 year-old girl and I've been using PanOxyl for a little over a month and it is AMAZING. I always thought anything my mom would give me wouldn't work, but I noticed the results in a few weeks. My forehead has cleared up and I barely have any marks on it. My cheeks still have acne scars but it has helped to get rid of new pimples that formed. It's so great, and I recommend it for anyone who is dealing with mild acne. It's also great for me because I have dry skin and it makes my face feel extremely soft afterwards. Just make sure to apply a generous amount of moisturizer after you dry your face.

Amazing

After battling with adult hormonal acne and trying so many different products, I finally found my holy grail. It's a high dosage of benzoyl peroxide so obviously it will dry you out. The number one thing that I recommend when using this product is to ONLY use it on areas where you have acne. Avoid the mouth and under eye ares, as they are prone to dryness. And remember to moisturize.

Very drying

I have severe acne and the product worked great for the first week but my skin dryed out horribly especially around my nose my skin was peeling and let me just say I AM AN OILY MESS. Other than drying my skin out my acne is still here I've been using the product for 1 month going on 2 and my acne on my cheeks is the worst. END OF STORY I DON'T RECOMMEND IT!

Comments

SO thankful for this amazing product

LONG REVIEW! sorry but totally worth the read if you need any bit of hope! I have had acne issues on my back and chest for years. By years I mean since I was about 16 years old and I am 27 now and was still having issues. I have been to the dermatologist PLENTY in attempts of finding a product that would clear my skin up. I've never had too much of an issue with facial acne except for a few breakouts here and there. But my back and chest acne ALWAYS caused issues for me. I've tried EVERYTHING..... Retina gel, Ac-zone, Clindagel and even tried home made "cures". From Apple Cider Vinegar homemade toner to lathering T-gel on my back because I thought it would work and every time I tried something new I was so hopeful that SOMETHING would eventually rid my acne. About 3 years ago my dermatologist prescribed me a clindamycin based gel mixed with a 1-5% Benzoyl Peroxide liquid. I put it on once a day before bedtime and surprisingly I was happy with the results but my acne wasn't 100% going away. My dermatologist moved and I totally forgot about my gel having no refills. IMMEDIATELY after I stopped using the gel, totally my fault, my chest and back began to break out BAD. I'm getting married in a couple months and my anxiety was at a high because my dress fully exposed my chest and the embarrassment set in knowing my chest was going to look terrible on my big day. I was desperate to find a fast acting solution since I couldn't get into a different dermatologist for another month. I found reviews of Panoxyl online and was surprised at all the great reviews it had but was still initially not convinced. I took the chance anyways and bought the Panoxyl foaming body wash. I have super sensitive skin so after reading the reviews I got the 4%. I used it for about a week and was highly disappointed when....there was no change. Still desperate I went to the store and bought the 10% despite the reviews saying it was really drying for sensitive skinned people. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and are you ready for it? ACNE ALMOST GONE completely. Also it hasn't dried my skin out really at all, so I'm not sure if I just got lucky here or what. It does make my skin itch a bit but I'm willing to deal with that for a clear back and chest. I use it once daily in the shower. I wash my body with the Cetaphil antibacterial soap bar. Then I put some Panoxyl on my hands and rub it on my back and chest, I then use a loofah and squeeze some more on that and scrub in circular motion my chest and back and then leave it on there for about 2 minutes. It takes time to work but just be patient!!! and I promise you won't be disappointed :)

Comments

Follow acne.org instructions when washing with this

Do not scrub your skin with this!! Gentle method is best just as acne.org recommend washing. A good moisturizer is important. This product has reduced my back acne to almost zero. Excellent product and a good over the counter alternative. Down side is the excessive drying of the skin. Maybe a lower % to start is better.

Comments

Something that actually WORKS!!!

I can't believe how much money I've spent in just the last year on expensive face washes and treatments and this magic wash has been right under my nose all along! Little back story. I'm 19 and have had moderate hormonal acne for 5 years now. If you didn't already know hormonal acne can't really be treated by topical products. It's what's going on in the inside. So a year ago I was on a birth control that is known for also treating hormonal acne. My experience with the pill was amazing and I stopped getting cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and jaw line. 7 months latter i quit taking the pill. It's now been a year since i been off it and my face and shoulders are breaking out like they used to. So i made a appointment to get back on the pill. But in the mean time I wanted to get a strong face wash, because i literally had so much painful-under the skin breakouts on my cheeks and jaw line. I saw many great reviews of PanOxyl so i gave it a try. And wow this stuff worked for me in 5 DAYS!!! Yes I did get very dry skin but that is to be expected with that much Benzoyl Peroxide. Idk why people are surprised it dried out their skin. It even says that it most likely will on the box... Anyways I mean like scabby peeling over where the acne was....buuuut no acne was there! Just dry skin! Which i prefer a lot more than a nasty breakout. A couple days later I quit using it all over my face and only used it on certain areas. Also noticed my skin is now used to it and doesn't dry out anymore. I wanted to say i saw a pattern in many reviewers saying they used Cetaphil moisturizer after cleansing. I would recommend using this as well for the dryness and just because I feel it goes extremely well with PanOxyl, considering its gentle and fragrance free and non-comedogenic, meaning it does not clog pores or cause blemishes. PanOxyl is also amazing as a body wash as well! All in all this product is my liquid gold and I don't think I could live without it!

didn't work for me...

i used this in the past, this product dried my face out horribly and basically sucked the life out of my skin, my skin was flakey and irrataed. no matter how much moisturizer I slathered all over my face I still had many dry patches. it didn't clear my acne either, I got worse acne then I ever had using this and had very deep large zits and occasional cystic acne. I occasionly was clear but just reverted back to acne the next day.. use this product if you would like to put very harsh chemicals on your face and suck the life out of your skin, because from my experience, that's all this product does

Works / terrible side effects

This product did somewhat clear my skin although was not worth it. I woke up to red,flaking, dried out skin. It's been 3 days of this gross dried skin, i moisturize every morning and night, Also exfoliate but no help. I guess I have to wait it out. Please try benzoyl peroxide at a lower percent first before 10%.

Works

This is the only stuff that works for me. I have used it for two years then stop for two years and tried a ton of other cleansers that only made things worse. Then I got back on BP and its literally the only thing that has helped. My acne is not 100% clear but it definitely works. You need to use a daily Moisturizer from day one. And a really good mosterizer for your more dry prone areas. It dries up your skin fast. I get really dry around my mouth and eyes. I use origins drink up intensive, in those area as soon as I notice drying.

Drying but works great!

This is the only face wash that has worked for me in getting rid of my acne. I get an occasional breakout, but they are mild and usually caused by something else. This will dry you out immensely, but if you have a great moisturizer you will never know. I use hemp seed oil with this, and it is great! If you can't use a moisturizer, you won't like this product. Excessive drying is one of the worst feelings. I have used many different washes, clay, etc., and this is the only one that has worked for me! I urge you to try it! I also make sure to use a moisturizer with a decent SPF after applying the oil; benzoyl peroxide can make your skin sensitive and it is best to protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation. I use CeraVe AM SPF 30 in addition to the oil. I have been using PanOxyl for more than six months. *Edited to fix a typo and also added more information.

I am very disappointed!

I thought this thing will workout but it just did not! It dried my face a little, although i have a sensitive skin, my skin was not irritated, but my acne did not go away at all! i have cystic deep acne, it may work for other acne types.

Wonderful!

Gets rid of acne Cheap Helps with dark spots Drying in beginning I have nothing but praise for this product. I had been going to the dermatologist for years to get rid of my acne and nothing worked, not even prescription medicine. Finally I tried this and it cleared my face and back completely in about a month. The first week I experienced some initial dryness, but using cerave moisturizer really helped. I use this product in the shower and it works wonders. So happy with my skin now

Comments

I use it on the back of my neck will difinitely try it on my face sometime ;)

It works! Cheap! No irritation or dryness whatsoever! A couple of months ago I started to get lots of cysts on the back of my neck. Nothing worked!!!! Not even prescriptions! So I went to Walgreens and purchased this cleanser with a printable coupon (check out their website) The acne is gone!!! The dark marks are gone! Not even the Clinique dark spot corrector got rid of them!!! I'm so glad I decided to try this cleanser, today I started using the BP 4% on my face and will let u know!

Guest Juan Antimo
Guest Juan Antimo

Quickly treats existing pimples. Kills bacteria on contact. Foaming (you can shave with it.) No fragrance. Creamy consistency makes it easy to apply in the shower. Dries pimples over night. Strongest concentration of over the counter BP (10%). Slight tingling feeling when first applied. Causes redness (first few weeks). Dryness. I found that using a basic facial cleanser wasn't enough for me. My dermatologist recommended I try PanOxyl in the 10% because of my oily skin. It has worked wonders in combination with my skin care regimen. The BP prevents future breakouts and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I use about a pea size dot in the shower twice a day and leave it on for about 5 mins before rinsing it off. I also apply it to my chest, back, and shoulders to prevent any body acne from forming. It works for me.

Guest LGS
Guest LGS

Gets rid of flakes from the regimen Got rid of tiny pimples/clogged pores from other cleansers that broke me out Helps skin texture Contains bp and AHA's Drying at first. Must use spf because of the AHA's in it. I am on DKR. I tried gentle cleansers but they always gave me clogged pores and small pimples. I'd go back to bp washes and they'd disappear only to return when I used a non-medicated cleanser. Enter this wash that also has aha's. They got rid of my bumps and any flakiness I had. I actually use the 4% and not the 10% since I use bp every night. I use this in the am and acne free oil free bp foam wash in the pm before using 2.5% bp all over. I'm very clear now from all of this.

Comments

Gets rid of pimples fast Really works! Cheap Don't need a prescription to get it Dried out my skin(make sure to use moisterizer!) I've never had a face wash that was this effective. I love this stuff. Make sure you moisterize, and only use a small amount for your entire face. I'm so very satisfied with the results I got from using this product and you will be too! Buy itttt (:

Comments

It really really works Clears skin even if used just once a day Might be harsh on sensitive skin... You better don't use it on the face... It works!!!! and it works fast!!! I never used it on my face, but chest, back and shoulders. I use it in the shower right after I washed with soap or shower gel. Just apply small amount with your hands wait for 1 minute and rinse off. I used to have bad acne on my back and shoulders, once it began to spread to my neck, I decided I need help....tried so many products including Proactive and other expensive brands, nothing helped but $9 product from local CVS...

Guest aj
Guest aj

Deep cleaning, tightens skin (in a good way), unclogs pores. Expensive(I live in NJ), drying Great product, I have had acne for over 11 years and used several products. I used this in conjunction with biore facial scrub and it works wonders. I had severe acne through high school and it fluctuates from moderate to severe. Now I'd say it's moderate to mild. I do have acne scarring,pock marks and red marks. My skin is softer (albeit a little dry, but I moisturize a lot) less break outs 2-3 active pimples rather than 7-8 which is the norm for me. I am happy with the results. I normally don't rate products because a lot of the products I've used stop working after 2 weeks. So I stop using and move on. This one has been consistent for 3 months. :)

Comments

-Does a great job getting rid of oil and dirt off of face -Smell is okay -Dries out pimples -Prevents new pimples from forming -Does not irritate skin -Might cause initial breakout, not a crazy one though -Might dry the skin out alittle -Might cause a little redness but then again, what benzoyl peroxide product doesn't? You should consider in purchasing this product if you need a good benzoyl peroxide wash. It doesn't cause you to flake like other benzoyl peroxide washes and it seems to work well on those with common whiteheads. This product might cause redness and dryness... every benzoyl peroxide product tends to have this effect.

Popular Cleansers/Washes