Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yasmin Oral Contraceptive - Reviews

Yasmin Oral Contraceptive
Brand: Yasmin

View Ingredients
21 yellow tablets
3 mg drosperinone and 0.03 mg ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients:
lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF. The white inert film-coated tablets contain lactose monohydrate NF, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

7 white inert film-coated tablets
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.
LilTom124
Swissie
HappyGirl78789
MJsArc
LovelyNews
DancingBeetle
Simisola44

19patel99
This happened to me and in the third month I stopped! I am still breaking out a little though-did yours ever get better?

19patel99

sk2daworld

amelia021202

gets worse before it gets better

Peachfaces

Slw40
Can I ask how long it took to see results

Stephaniejaane

Chloe123
lol wait till you go off it

loftosp

PuzzledFace
keep taking it. That is definitely not long enough to see if it will work for you. You have to hang in there as difficult as it is.

sophiek1
Hello, I will be finishing my first pack of Lucette tomorrow 14/06/2017 ( Lucette is the same as Yasmin but cheaper brand). So far I have had awful tiredness - as an example before I started on Lucette I was able to go to bed early and wake up ready to start the day. Now I go to bed at the same time and struggle to wake up. I also feel like I could take naps throughout the day, I'm hoping this will wear off. My experience so far is that I had awful stomach pains within the first few weeks these seem to of worn off now but my acne is the worst it has been for a long time. I'm hoping by the next pack my skin will start to calm down and clear up - if not i'll be going back to the doctors to try another pill. I have previously been on Dianette which suited me and my acne perfectly however they don't like you staying on that for an extensive period of time as there is a slightly higher risk of blood clots (we're talking marginal).

PuzzledFace
I specifically got the real yasmin for my daughter because I had seen a few posts about some people having issues with some of the generics. She just started her 2nd pack last night. She was less tired on the placebo pills. She has also now started to feel like her boobs got a little bigger. She says they are not sore just a little bigger and she doesn't seem to have gained any weight. She had worse cramps than normal with her period and it seemed to last most of the week so hopefully she will adjust to that. She is still very hopeful that her skin will keep improving.

PuzzledFace
It has been 6.5 months and now my daughter realizes that the yasmin has made her depressed. Although it did help with her skin to some extent she just had a big break out out of nowhere so that doesn't help. She feels so much better when she is on the placebo pills. Her mood is improved and she is happy. The day she goes back on the yasmin she is sad again so she will be going off it. So sad this did not work and now worried about her skin going crazy as she comes off of it.

Foodforthought

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes