Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dianette Oral Contraceptive - Reviews

Dianette Oral Contraceptive
Brand: Dianette

View Ingredients
Cyproterone acetate 2 mg, ethinylestradiol 35 micrograms.

Lactose, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, sucrose, polyethylene glycol 6000, calcium carbonate, glycerol, montan glycol wax, titanium dioxide (E171), and yellow iron oxide (E172).
AN94

Lany

Hi there!

Have you tried other birth control than that? I'm on yaz and it is not helping yet.

What you doctor is saying about staying long term on dianette? Thank you!

OvertFine
jas102
Jessie23456
lifewithinmyskin
Kateabimc

lifewithinmyskin
Wow really?! I didn't know you could stay on it for 2 years. Are you in USA or UK? In the UK it's not recommended for more than 2 years I believe. I went on it for 4 years and had no side effects though.

victoria_x._o
Ana R

Juwalker
If the depression and other symptoms started 2 years later I think it is unlikely to be related to dianette.I agree that unless you keep taking it or you naturally grow out of acne the acne will come back. You need to stay on it to be symptom free until you grow out of acne.

Ana R
Dear Juwalker, I'm certain this pill made my symptoms worse. It's poison. I'd recommend girls to treat hormonal acne naturally with plant derived anti-androgens and exercise. The changes are fantastic.

Ana Cocteau
Rosebird

Juwalker
Mine did get much worse initially but then 2-3 months later dramatically improved. That can be tough to cope with. I felt very self- conscious and was not sure if it would work but then it did! Sorry to hear you were depressed. I was just so happy that my skin improved. Luckily I never suffered like that.

Ae1976

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes