Omega 100% Whipped Shea Butter Reviews

Brand: Omega

Omega 100% Whipped Shea Butter

Great for skin tone, bad for acne

I have combination/oily, sensitive acne-prone skin. I wanted this to work really bad because it did improve my skin texture and reduced redness dramatically, however after a week I felt like it was a clogging my pores a bit and increasing the amount of blackheads. I still use it on my dry patches and it works well for that but not for acne.

Clogged my poors

I had people suggesting all sorts of things. Anything with shea butter clogged my poors and made me feel greasy... and then I would not only breakout, but then also have black heads. shea butter is nice on every other part of the body, but I don;t like it on my face. ...

So Far So Good,But Seems too greasy for oily skin

Been using Natural Unrefined Shea Butter for about a week now and it has been making my skin look amazing. Unfortunately I'm still recovering from a breakout caused by Cetaphil Cleanser but this stuff has been helping it clear up a lot. I have noticed a new breakout on my chin which is the only oily part on my face which might have been caused by this stuff as it is very greasy but besides that the rest of my face is dry and this stuff has been doing miracles for it. No new breakouts on my dry skin and my wrinkles are already fading! I am going to only apply it on my dry areas and skip the oily areas. hopefully i continue to not to see any new breakouts. Will update results

Comments

African unrefined shea butter is a must for acne prone skin!

I have not used this particular brand, but I have however used 100% unrefined shea butter from Ghana, sold by PureFX. This butter is a yellow colour, solid in room temperature, and comes in a simple plastic container. I will first state that shea butter is rated 0 on all comedogenic scales - thats lower than even jojoba oil! And it is arguably even more moisturising. I had severe flakes and redness from benzoyl peroxide, so much so I was considering stopping as I almost decided having pimples would look better. Within a day I felt less tight in my face, and in a week the flakes were gone. Now I have heard people saying shea butter breaks them out. I am almost certain that these breakouts are either, A- not related to the shea butter or B- due to refined shea butter or shea butter mixed with other things. If your shea butter is white and scentless it is probably not unrefined and you should only use it as a body moisturiser as it will be good for dry skin but will not contain many of the best properties that make it so good for your face and it may also lead to breakouts. Your shea butter should be off white to yellow and smell very nutty. There are videos around on how to tell quality shea butter by the scent and colour and these may be useful because you want quality for your skin! Shea butter is amazingly good for itchy, sore, flaky skin, wrinkles, and especially red marks! I'm still reasonably early on my regimen with benzoyl peroxide so get the odd pimple. These disappear a lot faster with the shea, and the marks disappear in days sometimes! My skin looks shinier, healthier, and much more even. One thing i will say though is that it is very greasy. It goes on thick and can make your skin very slippery, so if you are oily you may only want to do this at night, or on days you are at home. I have notoriously oily skin and still use this during the day as my sole moisturiser, and find that either putting it on lightly just on problem areas, or blotting with tissue paper makes it look like a slightly dewy moisturiser. Makeup also does not go well over a very thick layer, but if you apply it thin or blot it I find it actually helps foundation glide on (not able to speak on this too much - I basically dont wear makeup any more! Thanks to shea butter! I was going much lighter on my foundation since starting benzoyl peroxide after wearing it just about daily for years, and now shea butter has given me all I need to drop it completely and feel good about it :) ) It also can get on pillows durng the night but this isnt too much of an issue as it doesnt seem to stain. Its just a little sticky. But for these few negatives, I think all the positives make it absolutely worth a go! Plus, its really dirt cheap for unrefined shea butter! No need to buy from some established fancy skincare brand- just buy it from anywhere that sells organic products or essential oils - I got 100 grams for $7 NZD and it is lasting me months so far and I even sometimes use it on my body! Anyway well worth a go! I know its a very long review but I think everyone should know what an amazing natural product this is! Free from any harsh chemicals, kind to your skin, and better than anything heaps more expenisive!

I quite enjoy this :-)

This is the only thing that has kept my acne at bay. I make a face cream out of this with coconut oil and tea tree oil and slather it on my face every night. I know, oil on oily skin sounds scary (it horrified me and my sticky oily face at first) but certain oils help and heal your acne ridden skin. If I don't use this, my acne gets worse. Not the other way around. So don't be scared, and use this stuff all over for healthy glowing skin. Works well with baking soda to clean and coffee grounds for exfoliation :-) Night Cream: -1 tbs coconut oil -3 tbs shea butter -3-4 drops of tea tree oil (more if your acne is particularly bad. I used 5) Mush together until a thick oily paste. Put on face at night after washing your face (I don't wash my face everyday, this keeps it clean and healthy on the in-between days). Don't use a ton, a pea sized amount per area of acne/face will work well. Rub between fingers until melted into oil and apply. Rub in well and sleep. Take care :-)

Hey!! I found your review interesting, still I wanted to throw a warning out there: coconut oil is VERY comedogenic (a 4 in the comedogenicity scale), in case someone with extremely acne prone skin like mine is thinking of trying your method. I'd replace it with sunflower oil or hemp seed oil, both a 0 in the comedogenic scale.

So Love It and nothing else!!�😘

I am in my mid 30's and still suffer from adult acne and I also starting to get wrinkles and you name it I have tried everything. So about a month or so ago I started doing my research on 100% unrefined pur raw Shea Butter before I began using it especially since I had used palmers coco butter when I was pregnate for my first time I had got stretch marks and I was not happy one bit with it since it did not work on my skin, and so I was a bit skeptical about trying pur Shea Butter but while during my reaserch I found that refined or processes Shea Butter is No Good and why is because it takes away all the healing properties so in which it doesn't do the job your hoping for which leaves you upset or frustrated because you just waisted your time and money on nothing but crap, which a lot of us do because we trust and take the consumer there word that there product is going to work. So with that if your going to try or use Shea Butter it should always be 100% Raw Unrefined Pur Shea Butter why because it has no chemicals or other crap in it and plus your getting all the healing properties your needing to do the job you paid for. But still with that just don't buy the first thing do your research in the product but also the consumer your purchasing it from. I myself do not use this brand they have on this page, I myself use CheMeky Unrefined Shea Butter and I love it even though it's pretty pricy it goes a long way and I am no longer having to buy wrinkle creams or acne stuff and ect anymore and plus it's good for your hair, nails, burns, eczema, rocasia, psoriasis, insect bites, cuts, you name it you got your miracle in a jar.. 😉 I myself use Shea Butter out threw the day when I first get up in the morning before applying my make- up but I apply it on very lightly before applying my make up so it's not too oily and then when night time comes I wash it off and my skin is still so smooth and I recommend using I light cleanser. I myself use Bare Face Cleansing Oil by Julep and I love it because these are the only two products I use anymore. So good luck.😉 Anyhow I hope this helps if you still have doubts.

Just pointing out the discrepancy between your star rating and your actual review.

Not bad!

Moisturizes Makes skin look great may be a bit too heavy for some great for the winter I applied this on my face every morning. It's a great moisturizer, and makes my skin look great, healthy, and with a nice looking shine. Sometimes it can clog your face if you don't wash it at the end of the day before you go to bed. It evened out my skin texture. It's worth a try.

Shea butter is a no no

natural mosturized breaks you out for weeks smells funny cyst and clogged pores in new areas I usually use Palmers Cocoa Butter but i ran out and decided to use my sisters shea butter. She uses it for her hair though. Ive been an acne sufferer and been clear for two years now thanks to research and habits. So of course i looked up reviews on shea butter. Some were good reviews some bad. So everyone is different so i gave it a try. Omg break outtt mania! I was getting cyst and so many white heads and i started picking again :( still recovering after 2 months. Pleaseeeee dont use shea butter on your face!

I'm having this same issue! I started using Maiga black soap/facial cleanser/100% organic raw Shea butter and my skin has broken out the worst it's been in over 20 years!! It's been two weeks, I thought maybe it's pushing the impurities from my skin but it's getting worse and spreading across my forehead and chin. Any idea what to do to help reverse this? Besides quitting this routine
One thing I've learned is breaking out isn't always a bad thing when it comes to trying new skin products. I've read so much about it and finally found a reasonable explanation; these breakouts could be caused by your skin having a detox from the product! There are many layers to your skin. The breakouts form at the first layer and take a while until they become noticeable. But this product could possibly be speeding up this cycle. Only time will tell. I've recently been using an Alba organics face cream. At first I broke out so much. But a while after, my skin was so soft and clear. It may be different for other people, but why not try?
This is an odd case, shea butter is rated as a 0 on the comedogenic scale, however all butters and oils can be pore clogging if used in a high enough amount. I suspect maybe you used a little too much?

Moisturizes AND heals!!!

I never write reviews... This stuff works better than all the millions of other moisturizers I've tried, so here I am. EVERY moisturizer makes my acne worse. Lotions, argan oil, jojoba oil, natural stuff, drugstore stuff, expensive stuff... Plus at 36, I have some wrinkles (ex smoker) and my skin is so unbalanced between dryness and oiliness. I've been using organic, unrefined, pure shea butter for a week, and the results are amazing. The 3 cystics I had are healing faster than ever, and I'm getting like 1/10th of new pimpkes compared to usual. My tones more even and I swear my wrinkles already look a tad better. When I use it on my body, I'm silky smooth. So not only does it not break me out, it doesn't make my skin greasy and it's actually helping my acne. I know there are mixed reviews bit that's like everything out there. I'm glad I tried it for sure.

I just want to update my review, and say that 3 months later, my shea butter is still working great! My skin tone is more even than it's been in years, and still no breakouts (except from my usual hormonal fluctuations, boo...) So for me it's one of those awesome finds that didn't turn on me weeks or months later, as I know so many of us go through with acne. And it has noticeably reduced my wrinkles :)

Moisturizing, decreases redness of pimples, long lasting, doesn't break me out at all. I don't have the patience to let it melt in my finger tips fully. Yes, real shea butter is in solid form (clay like texture) at room temperature. It starts to melt when it hits heat (your fingers) I use unrefined shea butter imported from Africa. That is the only shea butter anyone should use, and it is 100% non comedogenic. If you put it on lightly it won't leave a greasy look, and when you want a deeper moisturization you can just put some more on. It's soothing and cheap and the only moisturizer besides Dan's that I love.

Comments

Seems all natural in its description If its making my 'normal`(since I have no acne) skin burn, wonder what it would do to those with acne! Pls be SURE before buying this product. I am looking to make a switch to organic products and purchased Maiga Facial Cleanser and Maiga Handmade Shea Butter (with aloe vera) upon recommendation of the salesman. The cleanser has been giving my face a burning sensation and the butter has a bubblegum smell that u only realise when you start using it. I am not pleased at all :(

In the same boat- got it as a gift and I like switching up my routine with new product to try, especially if it touts being organic. Maiga has made me break out the worst I've ever had in the past two weeks than in over 20 years. Have you any advice on how to fix it? Because I'm still struggling
User174136

Great moisturizer for the body, especially the feet Great as an eye cream Firms up and hydrates the skin Glowy healthy looking skin You could eat it if you really wanted too No parabens Clogged pores immediately after use I used 100% unrefined organic virgin shea butter. The kind that smells of forest. I love how it smells and feels and that it's a 100% natural, but I won't be letting it near my face again. I started to get black heads and under the skin bumps when my problem was only whiteheads before. I'm still dealing with the after math now.

How did you deal with the bumps under your skin? I have some from using coconut oil, which I have never had in my life before so it's driving me crazy! They are little bumps that don't come to a head yet I can feel them there and they look like little red spots on my cheeks. I just want to take a needle and poke the ! Obviously that's a huge no no.
I have the same after using Maiga products. They honestly look like bug bites. Lol, my third comment left about this- any help??
Guest Andrew
Guest Andrew

Organic Shea butter is a particularly effective moisturizer because contains so many fatty acids, which are needed to retain skin moisture and elasticity. Finding USDA certified organic Shea butter. Shea World has raw USDA certified organic Shea butter in a variety blends with organic essential oils. Check out [link removed] use a Shea butter that has not been refined with chemicals.

Popular Household/Natural