Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion Reviews

Brand: Olay

Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion

Better than the SPF Sensitive Skin version

I already had used Olay's SPF Sensitive skin lotion, but had problems with it being too white on my skin (and never fully absorbing). I had no idea they made a sensitive lotion WITHOUT the SPF - because it's hard to find. I was able to find mine at my local Target - and after using it for a week - this stuff is great. I was afraid it might break me out - but I haven't had a problem yet. I put a small amount on with a Q-tip (to be extra gentle) after my BP dries. I usually see my dry skin kick in after my BP dries - and it's usually around my mouth. This stuff absorbed IMMEDIATELY and left no white residue. No scent - not too heavy - just a great moisturizer. It comes in a decent size bottle, but since I apply it with a Q-tip only to the spots on my face that are dry/peeling - it's going to last me forever! I highly recommend if you don't like Acne.org's lotion! Also, once I applied my small amount of lotion - I didn't have a problem with my dry skin coming back the rest of the day until I washed my face! I even think that this lotion has helped heal my dry skin, because lately, I haven't needed any around my mouth anymore! EDIT 03/2016: Just a note to add that I'm STILL using this product and have been since I reviewed this originally - with no breakout problems. To find a moisturizer that works with the acne.org products and doesn't make me greasy or break me out? Awesome. I do find that this isn't SUPER moisturizing, but I'm okay with applying light amounts frequently when needed.

Comments

Will rate 5 stars for now....

I will rate 5 stars for now. This is a product that contains the niacinamide as a 4th ingredient and contains aloe. It is designed for the face/neck as mentioned in the instructions. I haven't been using this product for long, only about 1 week both morning and night. I noticed that it is easy to rub in if you don't have BP on. If you have BP on before you apply this moisturizer, it is impossible to "glide" your fingers over your face as the product seems to just disappear.....while if you don't have any BP on you can glide the lotion over your face.

Nightly Hydration.

Fades skin discolorations Sensitive skin friendly Perfect amount of moisture None This product is perfect for me. I use it every night after using my acne wash and before applying my BP treatment. I have oily, very acne prone skin and this is the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, never breaks me out and the bottle lasts forever! It's oil free, dye free, fragrance free & contains niacinamide which greatly improves discoloration of my acne scars and sun damage. This is a must have product for me!

-17

very moisturizing too thick for my skin I have acne prone dry skin but my forehead is the driest. The lotion works well on my forehead but i'm going to try to creme for that area. A lotion for oily skin mixed with the lotion i have already would work better on the rest of my face.

Guest Jamie
Guest Jamie

- non-greasy - absorbs quickly - moisturizing - leaves skin soft and smooth - hypoallergenic - does not reduce acne My sensitive combination skin stays moisturized all day. Although it's not medicated for acne, it still works great on my oily skin and I love it!

Comments

This is a wonderful gentle moisturizer! I have been using it for a week and it has not caused any breakouts, in fact I believe it helped clear my skin and reduce redness from the BP. My skin is the softest its been in a LONG time... I can't stop touching my face! (Bad, I know). I have gone through about 6 or 7 moisturizers in the past few months, and this is by far the best! It contains niacinamide as its fourth ingredient... type it into Google to see the benefits! (Anti-aging, anti-acne, etc) Doesn't do a lot to control oil, but doesn't cause increased oil production either. This is ok for me, the pros outweigh this one con and I don't mind blotting if it means I have softer, flake-free skin! Amazing gentle, oil free and scent free product. Contains aloe and chamomile to calm skin. Great value, and can be found almost anywhere! Works great over BP and under foundation. In Canada, this product is called "Classic Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin". :)

Guest Joy
Guest Joy

Absorbs quickly, very matte look, keeps skin very supple with no shine, wonderful alone or under makeup, mixes well with jojoba, extremely mild - no redness or stinging Price? The 6 oz bottle lasts a long time. I always dab a little of this around my eyes and any dry areas/treated breakouts before applying my SPF - it plays wonderfully with my eyes and makeup. It keeps my skin soft and moist all night, and it's easy to add a drop of jojoba or other oil. I tried a lot of cheaper moisturizers/SPFs before trying Olay's Sensitive products - no irritation, no breakouts, just happy skin.

Guest luckymee
Guest luckymee

goes on smooth, very light, moisturizes well and has a pleasant scent. Burns a little for about a minute after BP, but does not cause redness. Kindy pricey for what it is, but still affordable. No SPF I love this product. Doesn't feel too heavy but still moisturizes extremely well!

Guest Jason
Guest Jason

It goes on well, not shiny, doesn't clog pores. It doesn't feel heavy or bothersome like some lotions, it dries quickly. Price is about it. Its like 12 bucks for a 6oz but it works so I can't complain. Looking for a daily facial lotion without spf, go with this.

Popular Dry/Sensitive