Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System Reviews

Brand: Olay

Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

Love it!

I've been using this cleansing brush for almost a year now and it does a great job of cleaning the face. My face feels super clean right after washing, it's also a dupe for spin for perfect skin, clarisonic and other expensive face brushes.

Do you use the Olay-x products that this comes with? I'm treating my moderate chin acne with Benzoyl Peroxide and wondering if I can use the Olay-X products in conjunction with the BP

Works for me

I've struggled with acne for 20+years. Tried everything of course. The only thing that worked before was a round of Accutane I did but the side effects were awful and it was really expensive. I had never got a microdermobrasion and really thought it would help, but again it was too expensive. Did some research and decided to try the olay scrub and peel kit. It was very inexpensive and it actual just dropped under 20 at my local Walmart. My skin was awful, lots of clogged pores and cystic acne. I use the olay gentle cleanser first just to get my skin clean, then spend a few minutes massaging the scrub in. Then apply the peel serum and massage that around, then wash off. I use benzyl peroxide at night and the yes to tomato brand moisturizer, in morning the salicylic acid treatment followed by moisturizer (after the yes brand acne scrub) and my face has almost completely cleared up. I really think it's mainly from the olay scrub system. My skin looks brighter and smooth for the first time in years. I actually stopped wearing foundation after only 1 week of using it. This amazes me because I have never gone out in public before without some type of foundation or BB cream. I am using obaji spf medical spa sunscreen for my face and it really smooths out my complexion. I just wanted to mention that because I really love that product too, however it's very expensive but I feel worth it since the spf is so high and it mattifies my oily skin very well. So anyway yes, this olay system is absolutely worth trying if you suffer from acne. I wish I had know to use it years ago.

Hi, do you have the Olay-x microdermabrasion kit or a different one? I use Benzoyl Peroxide and am wondering if I can use this kit in conjunction to the BP

Pro x products are great.

I am 24 and had a bad break out I couldn't get rid of around my chin. I went to search for new face products since my old one wasn't working anymore. I bought the Pro X spinbrush (fyi i replace the head ever 2 weeks to a month to reduce bacteria build up)and Cetaphil face cleanser. The the spin brush came with a sample of the Pro X cleanser. I decided to use the Cetaphil in the morning with the spinbrush and the Pro X cleanser at night with the spin brush. I've been using this treatment for the last 2 months (saw acne clearing with in 2 weeks)and my skin is beautiful again . I even went to buy full size bottle of the pro x cleanser which was almost $20 at my walmart in Kansas but it was worth it. _The prox spin brush is $30-$40. This is my new daily face regiment.

Good Maintenance For People With Less Acne

I managed to reduce my acne with just cetaphil daily facial cleanser and cetaphil moisturizing cream but using this system i can maintain my skin everyday with my cetaphil products. My skin use to be full of scars and big pimples but most of it healed after i finally found a skin routine. My skin routine is wake up turn on the cleanser run it under hot to warm water then run all over the face including the jaw line and a little of the neck (adding water when needed) then i run it quickly under hot to warm water again put two pumps of cetaphil daily facial cleanser apply all over the face and neck with the device. Then i rinse with hot to warm water not using the device but my hands once i'm done i rinse my face with cold water, dry my face then apply cetaphil moisturizing cream and your good (Do this once more later when your about to go to sleep.) Also remember avoid neutrogena salicylic acid! I use to use this like an idiot and developed eczema my skin still peels to this day if i don't use cetaphil moisturizing cream. I have been almost pimple free for about 5 months now since I added this to my daily routine.

Wait, so do you use the Play cleanser also or just the Cetaphill ?

Great value

I picked the olay spin brush over the clarisonic because after reading several reviews on amazon it was clear that the olay brush had far less incidences of aggravating peoples acne. My skin almost immediately started to clear up across my cheeks and it didnt make my skin more oily which is what usually would happen when I would try to exfoliate (I do not use the included cleanser as gritty stuff makes me break out more)

Fantastic Manual Exfoliation

Cheaper than Clarisonic At a fraction of the price of the Clarisonic system, this scrubbing brush system is amazing. I use it in conjunction with Murad's clarifying cleanser. I definitely feel like I get a better, deeper clean when I use the Pro-X brush. It's surprisingly gentle and adding it to my routine has not resulted in any increase in breakouts. Surprisingly, the appearance of large pores around my nose and the scarring on my cheeks actually seems to be reduced.

Comments

Gentle Leaves your face amazingly clean Inexpensive Actually works NONE I am obsessed with this thing. I rant and rave about it all over the org. I've had moderate acne for 12 years and NOTHING made it better until I started using this. Now I'm clear, just dealing with red marks. When I stop using the brush for a few days, I immediately start breaking out. This brush cleans your face at a level that using your hands or a washcloth just can't do. I think my problem was that my skin cells weren't sloughing off my face properly causing breakouts. I don't have that problem anymore. Also, if I do breakout, the brush somehow gets rid of the pimples SO fast. It's amazing.

Comments

Gentle Exfoliates well Relatively inexpensive Cleanser included in the starter kit is irritating I was really surprised by how gentle a physical exfoliation method like this could be. I use the acne.org regimen which, of course, stresses the importance of being gentle to acne-prone skin. Still, I found that I was missing the regular exfoliation I was used to with other acne treatments (Proactiv, etc.) The brush is actually quite soft-- it feels like a baby brush-- and is softer than the more expensive Clarisonic system. So not only is the Olay system less expensive, it's also less irritating. I do not use the cleanser included in the starter kit. It felt greasy and gritty in my hand, so I decided not to put it on my face. I use the brush with my regular acne.org or Cetaphil cleanser a few times a week with excellent results.

Comments

makes your skin feel brand new, sloughed off old dead cells, gets makeup off your face, has two speeds, can use in shower, is inexpensive. None I am 24 years old and have had terrible acne since I was 12. After 2 months of using this brush twice a day (along with Olay Regenerist face wash), my skin is CLEAR!! I know how it is to try that product you think will be your miracle and then it fails, but trust me, this brush is it!! For $30 why not give it a shot. Best money I've ever spent.

Comments

Starter kit itself is reasonably priced ($35). The products have a nice consitency and smell nice. The containers dispense the right amount. They are gentle, and effective for sensitive skin. To add the SPF 15 moisturizer and mask to the starte kit, the cost was over $100. The containers in the starter kit are fairly small. I have been using this system for about 4 weeks. I am 42 years old, and have cystic acne and sensitive skin. My acne has been resistant to treatment because it is influenced by hormones. I have to say that this system has worked beautifully. I have not had a breakout since starting, which is saying something. I typically get one to two large zits each week. And if four weeks I have had none. It is also gentle, moisturizing, and has reduced the redness in my skin. I also got the SPF15 moisturizer and the sulfur mask and use those regularly too. My skin looks and feels great. I found it well worth the price.

Popular Cleansing devices