Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive Skin Reviews

Brand: Olay

Olay Foaming Face Wash, Sensitive Skin

Same as the Acne.org cleanser

I Saw this cleanser for like $4 at the drugstore and decided to get it since I was almost out of Dan's cleanser and im very glad i did. its much cheaper and works just as well. It works better in the shower and you have to rub ouur hands together pretty vigorously to get a lather but once you do, its just the same. If you dont want to wait for shipping, get this one. it is soap free, fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and 10/10

Very Gentle

I've used this off and on for a long time. I like to rotate the Proactiv Renewing Cleanser with either this or CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. However, the Olay cleanser is much cheaper than the CeraVe. It also removes excess oil better without irritating your skin. FYI: I recently bought a new bottle of this, and the name has changed. It's now called Olay Gentle Clean.

Comments

Great and cheap face wash

Before I used this face wash I was using CeraVe for normal skin. I always thought my skin was oily, so I always used face washes that were for normal to oily skin. I went home to Ohio for Thanksgiving and my face was so tight and dry, I couldn't stand it. So I went out and bought this face wash and was pleasantly surprised. Way cheaper than CeraVe and it didn't make my face feel dry. Definitely a good product for me.

Not great for my skin

I decided to try this after reading the reviews about how it's similar to Acne.org's cleanser, but Olay's should be less drying? I found after a few washes and a couple of days, it felt like it was leaving a film on my skin. I also started to get some small breakouts appearing (cheek area) so combining that with the "film" like feel, I'm not impressed. I did like that it had no scent at all and the consistency was great and foamed well. I don't think it was cleaning my skin/stripping the oils off my skin as well as Acne.org's cleanser, unfortunately. But I think it's worth a try if you find Acne.org's cleanser a bit drying.

Nope.

It didn't work for me. So disappointed. It made me break out.

Certainly did not disappoint

I had doubts about this product after using other foam washes which overdried my skin. But after reading good things about this product, I gave it a go. Excellent. Foams easily and doesnt slip off your hands before you get to apply on face. Most importantly, it did not give me the same tight dry feeling that other washes like Cetaphil gave me. Cheap drug store buy, comes in a pump bottle, I dont know what more one could ask for.

PERFECT

Gentle Oil Free Soap Free This is my holy grail face wash!!!! Please understand that this face was is NOT an acne treatment. It will not cure your acne. But it is the perfect cleanser for any skin type, acne or not. I have used this for years and will probably use it forever. This face wash is perfect if you do have acne and are on topical ointments. It is fragrance, soap and oil free. It doesn't dry out my skin or leave it with that tight feeling, and I have really sensitive skin. It also washes off my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I truly think that this is the one of thr best face washes on the market. For the price you can't go wrong.

Perfect for the Regemin!

oil free lathers nicely doesn't overdry packaging doesn't let you get it all out I love this face wash! It doesn't ovedry your skin, but cleanses it thouroughly. This is great for Daniel Kern's regemin since using so uch BP dries out your face. I also used this while on prescribed topicals and it was wonderful. It comes out like a gel, but work it together good so it will lather. There is no scent which is good because fragrance irritates my skin. It's also oils free and great for sensisitve skin! At only $5, you really can't beat this!

The only one for me.

Cleans without stripping skin. Price and availability. [Dollar General] Works well with any regimen. *pssh* Yeah, right... Let me just start by saying that my skin and I have a love/hate relationship. I love on it all the time and I try to treat it right...but it hates me in return. Every time. I found Olay's face wash last summer when my skin had "kicked me out of the house" again and I'd grown desperate for something that would calm it down. I went in without any expectation of this doing the trick, and it surprised me. And I'm not easily surprised. I've used all of those other "calming", "sensitive", "gentle" cleansers which only stripped my skin bare and left me scratching my head like a fool. So when this left my skin soft, supple and comfortably clean...I fell in love. This cleanser is now a staple in my regimen. FYI: This cleanser is meant to be lathered (made foamy) in your hands BEFORE gently circulating it onto wet (not dry) skin. This makes it a lot more effective at cleaning your pores without pulling at your skin. Also, this in no way is to replace any "topical acne treatment". You will still need to pamper your skin and treat it right even after using this cleanser. ;)

Comments

not too pricey nice packaging very little fragrance Doesn't completely clear acne I really love Olay Foaming Face wash for sensitive skin because it does what it promises: washes off dirt and makeup while leaving your skin feeling soft and clean. This is a perfect face wash for anyone that is also using topical treatments at night such as benzoyl peroxide or retinol. I am giving this product 4 out of 5 stars because unfortunately it does not completely clear my complexion.

Guest sidrah
Guest sidrah

it works. it is fluffy try it for you self. I have tryed loads of creams and my face looked horrible so i herd of olay and tryed I think it is just what i need it is perfect try it for yourself.

Guest Tonetare
Guest Tonetare

face looked clean but I think that was just from the water and the fact I'd got out of the shower Exacerbated few acne bumps I had and developed some a couple new ones It's important to note that the day before I used this product, I had tried Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser which gave two bumps on my nose and one bump under my eye that had never been there before. And I have very mild acne. Nothing severe. I only get a bump here or there. Anyways, I woke up yesterday morning with my bumps from the Cetaphil next to gone because of a product I use that gets rid of acne. And I quickly sent the Cetaphil back to the store and decided to buy Olay Foaming Face Wash Sensitive Skin because of good reviews out of some book called "Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me". Anyways, I get into the shower and when I come back out, the two acne bumps on my nose are ripe and visible again and so is the one under my eye. In addition, I have a new bump on my lower cheek area. Sooooooooooooooo I sent this damn product back to the store. I should note that I only used this product once. I know of the phrase 'it gets worse before it gets better' but I just didn't want to take any chances and I'm glad I didn't because I found something else that works better than anything I've ever tried that I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Guest ashley
Guest ashley

cleans skin removes makeup doesn't really help with acne I love the regular cleanser of this, but the sensitive one doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I'm going to switch back to the one for All skin types.

Comments

None Didn't work This product was weird for me. I was fed up with using all my other products so I found this. I used it for a couple weeks and noticed a big fat nothing! My zits and blackheads were still there, they also worsened a little. This product is weak. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a very LIGHT face wash.

Guest Paul
Guest Paul

It makes your skin soft like silk after the first use! It doesn't dry your skin at all, it actually cleans great and moisturizes very well at the same time! Cannot be used alone to treat acne I've been using this product ever since I read the reviews on here (like a year ago) bc I thought that Dan's dried my skin and made it feel tight. I use this twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night before bed. I use this with Dan's Regimine as a substitution for his cleanser. Wash your skin gently for 10 seconds, pat dry your face, follow with BP, then a moisturizer and your good to go! I used to have moderate acne with random red bumps here and there but ever since I used this cleanser in conjunction with the regimine, I've been like 95% clear

Guest Diane
Guest Diane

leaves skin soft takes some breakouts away cleared up a bit love it! none this product is absolutely amazing!!! i have looking for something that would clear my acne while not leaving my face too oily or too dry. this balanced it out perfectly by making my skin soft, touchable, and clear. not too oily or dry :) thank you olay for giving me a chance to experience beatiful sensitive skin :)

Guest Zack
Guest Zack

Skin is pretty much cleared up took a while I've never really reviewed anything before I just read em and i never thought i would write a review on something. so ive been using this for a few months and it cleaned my skin. it doesnt work for some people cuz they dont know what to do. ur supposed to wet ur face and ur hands aand get 2 pumps and lather together and wash over face. most people dont lather or do it over face dry. never wash ur face with a towel. do it with a paper towel. a towel is just getting the germs back into ur skin. so i did this twice a day and i also took on the spot acne treatment for nuetrogena. people dont know how to use that also. ur supossed to rub it on acne affected areas and not fully rb it in. there should still be sosme white stuff and it dries up ur acne. so yaa.... buy it

Guest 13ellie
Guest 13ellie

Cleaned..i guess.. Didn't do anyting for my face Blackheads got worse Dryed my face I read fairly good reviews on this site and figured 'Hey! i should give this a shot' ...but after two weeks of using this i seriously could not take this anymore, i missed my old cleanser wayyy to much... actually, after during the day after washing with this product, my blackheads became freakishly visable, my face got kinda sensative, and a whole lot oiler..even my mom (who usually doesn't notice my face or say anything about my complexion) said that my skin definantly looks '..different..' so i switched and im glad i got rid of this cleanser (maybe i can use it in case of emergancy)

Comments

doesnt dry out skin doesnt spread acne leaves skin soft isn't oily reduces redness none! i used proactiv for a month because my face started breaking out and it made my mild acne turn moderate it was HORRIBLE so i stopped use of that and started using the olay foaming cleanser, its the BEST ive ever used and stopped the acne from forming also on a side note because I have bad dark scars from the acne now so i started taking vitamin A pills and they work wonders!

Guest Chloe
Guest Chloe

cleans my face makes my red pimples less red and swollen my pores feel tighter and refined feels a little tight after i wash but moisturizer helps i thought the face wash i was using before this was good.. oh man this stuff makes my skin look really nice.. i love it!

Guest Mikayla
Guest Mikayla

Removes makeup well, not drying, reduces redness, somehow shrinks pimple size. Leaves a soapy residue feeling but nothing I can't handle. :) I use this before my regimen to get all the makeup and dirt out and besides the little bit of soapy feeling this product works great!

Comments

Very gentle, very cheap, no fragrance, not drying, easily found in any drug or grocery store in the US. Small bottle. This is great stuff, and is super cheap. My skin is no longer tight and stiff thanks to using this. Because it's so cheap, stores put it on the bottom shelf of the Olay products, so look down to find it! They have a version of this in a pump bottle and also a tube. As far as I can tell, they are the same. I like the pump bottle better because I can control the amount I use better that way.

Comments

Oil Free Soap Free Really gentle especially on sensitive skin Can use it morning and night easily without drying out face- can even use it 3 times a day if need be Aloe helps reduce redness from acne Can't think of any About 3 weeks ago, my acne was TERRIBLE. I decided to use cetaphil antibacterial bar for about a week or two along with benzoyl peroxide. My face began to clear up. My face was a little bit dry but it was definitely getting better. I then switched to Olay Foaming Face Wash to help get rid of the redness from old acne. My face looks amazing now' I would most definitely recommend this product

Guest bella
Guest bella

mild good for any skin type oil helps getting rid of acne None at all! it's really good for sensitive skin because it has no dyes,soap, or fragrence! It's great for any skin type even oily since it's oil free too!

Guest Alexis
Guest Alexis

It really feels like it cleans your face It is so gentle on your skin I love that it has a pump dispenser I really like the smell of it (even though it doesn't smell like much) I can't think of ANY! I love this face wash!! It leveled out the oils in my face. I can't say that it got rid of my acne completely, but it's close. I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. I love this product!!

Popular Liquid