Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin Reviews

Brand: Olay

Wouldn't use anything else.

My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone. A lot of moisturizers and sunscreens burn my face, this does not. It goes on very white but that goes away quickly. I have noticed that it does leave my skin feeling a little greasy and sometimes have to use an additional moisturizer, but I have never been sunburned! Highly recommend!

Guest J.
Guest J.

- Does not break me out - The obvious sun protection - Leaves a whitish sheen (but can be fixed) - Doesn't really absorb into the skin I bought this after reading Dan's recommendation on what kind of SPF to buy; the only reason I am using this is because I am using BP, which strips the skin of any natural sun block, and I live in Australia; we have a giant hole in the Ozone so need to be even more careful about skin cancer. It is slightly thinner than normal sunscreens and definitely not greasy, but is still a little thick in texture. After I apply it, it doesn't really absorb and just sits on my skin, so there is a kind of white film on my skin. Thank god I found a way to circumvent this: I apply this immediately after I apply moisturiser, before my moisturiser has had time to sink in or dry. This way it goes on very smoothly and just absorbs right along with my moisturiser =) I have been using this for over a month now and it hasn't broken me out! However, I think by itself it is definitely not moisturising enough if you are on the regimen. I apply this in the morning and by 2 or 3 pm my skin would flake =( If you need to use a SPF, I would highly recommend this one, but definitely remember to pair it with a good moisturiser! Good luck! =)

Guest Caroline
Guest Caroline

-Good SPF -Does not cause me to break out -Good for everyday use -Absorbs into skin well -Can be worn under make-up -Leave a greasy shine on face for a few hours -Pricey for such a tiny little bottle! I have been using Dan's Regimen for a year now, and this is my morning moisturizer (I use Cetaphil at night for more intense hydration).I wish it didn't make my face look so greasy, but when I wear light mineral powder makeup over it, the problem is easily fixed. I would definitely recommend it as a good SPF moisturizer! **Note for DKR users: I am on a modified version of the regimen--I use 1/3 of the recommended amount of BP because it is enough to keep me completely clear without making my skin so dry, cracked, and flakey! If I were using the normal amount of BP on the Regimen, I am not sure if this product would be moisturizing enough!

Guest Melanie
Guest Melanie

-lightweight. blends right into skin, forget its there all day -non-greasy. not greasy at all, more like a lotion than a sunscreen -affordable -only need a little -high spf -double as sunscreen and moisturizer -nice smell -did'nt break out skin no complains so far for me! This is my first daily moisturizer / sunscreen. I was afraid I put something on my face in the morning for fear of breaking out, but my skin stayed clear on this product. It's non-greasy and sinks right into skin with no residue, so you forget its even there. Highly recommend this product.

Guest marm
Guest marm

Moisturizes well SPF 30 Non-greasy Overall great A bit costly My favourite moisturizer! Used this for years and never had any problems with it, then I decided to switch to an Aveeno Active Naturals SPF 30 moisturizer which caused me to get acne for the first time in my life! So of course I'll be switching back. I absolutely love this moisturizer, never had any problems with it! I always have to pay around $18 for it, but it lasts a long time so I don't mind. Would recommend!

Comments

It smells nice, provides broad spectrum protection, doesn't feel greasy, and no break outs so far. It makes my face look whitish and it's very expensive. It is a good product, but I always hesitate to use it because of how white my face gets. I will try the technique suggested by another reviewer to avoid the white coat look.

Comments

Didn't break me out. Covers up redness. SPF 30. Can leave a white film. ( can be avoided if you apply little by little) Pretty small bottle. This sunscreen has worked great for me. Sometimes it leaves a white film on my face but better to have some white then beet red skin.

Guest harpchild
Guest harpchild

Good moisturizer, not greasy, absorbs quickly Only comes in small size My go-to SPF moisturizer during the day. Moisturizes enough to offset the drying effects of the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide face cream I use daily. Really is mild for sensitive skin; never any burning or irritation. Has not irritated my skin in the months I've used it.

Comments

absorbs quick, not greasy at all, does not stay white like other spf's The only problem I had with it were that it only seems to come in a small size. This moisturizer is great! Never got to try the "original" original SPF 15 Olay, but I did buy the "classic gentle formula" tried it on my hands and it felt greasy and tacky compared to this SPF 30. The SPF 30 still uses zinc oxide along with octocrylene and others. It absorbs quick and is usually never greasy or tacky feeling.

Popular With SPF