Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15 Reviews

Brand: Olay

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15

caused huge breakout and BURN

A couple of things I have learned: 1/ SPF 15 is just not enough for people with acne 2/ The whole myth of "sun helping dry out zits" - just a big ole myth 3/ stuff you buy in the drug store likely sucks. I think I used it because my mom used to use it? Can't remember but I tried it out RIGHT when my skin had gotten clear after using some Ninja products. I didn't want to suck it up and buy their SPF because it was more expensive. You get what you pay for. After one day of the Olay stuff, it was a long hike and about a million degrees, I came home to a cherry red face and by the next morning, my face was full of small pustules, which then turned into a major breakout that didn't clear up for another 3 weeks. I threw the Olay stuff away and just bought the Ninja sunscreen. Oh and did I mention my burn was so bad that my entire face peeled off? It did. Won't go the drugstore route again EVER.

Not for sensitive skin

My face around my mouth and cheeks are red flaky and burn also makes you break out 👎 Its uncomfortable wearing makeup

Comments

Gentle but not so moisturizing

I began using this Olay sunscreen in the mornings with my moisturizer when I first started the Acne.org Regimen. While on the regimen, my skin flaked quite a bit and was very dry the first few months (I have overly sensitive skin). My skin would be moisturized for a few hours in the morning after application but by mid-day, my skin was flaking awfully. This specific sunscreen was gentle enough for my skin that it did not cause irritation, redness or breakouts but it still never helped to moisturize my (at the time) desert-like facial skin. Actually, I'm convinced it somehow made the flakiness more apparent and worse. I do use a different sunscreen now that I have been on the regimen for a long while but I would use this Olay sunscreen again if it came down to that. I truly think it just depends on skin type. Overall, this is a decent product. Everything has its pros and cons.

Nope!

This unfortunately irritated my skin and broke me out. It moisturized a bit but it irritated... not for me:(

great

I really like this moisturizer. It is pretty sheer and sinks right in. Plus it has SPF 15. This is a great find at a great price.

Comments

good

I use this moisturizer day and night. It does very well mixed with my concealer and then set with powder.I also use this as a night time moisturizer...couldn't be happier.

Great Texture but Worsens Flakiness

Takes slightly longer to blend into the skin than non-zinc-oxide-based moisturizers with sunscreen but has a nice, light texture and makes the skin feel smooth and supple as it's smeared over. Leaves a matte finish. However, it doesn't moisturize well. In fact, it worsens dryness and flakiness because of the zinc oxide. But this ingredient does provide superior sun-protection. Use this moisturizer only when you need to, such as on very sunny days. Otherwise, your face will be a flaky mess.

Horrible

The product did make my skin soft, I can say that. But after a few days of using it, I notcied that a rash has formed all over my face, mostly on my cheeks and around my eyes. There is an ingredient in the moisturizer than clogs pores, leading to rashes, small cysts, and acne. The rash doesnt bother me at all; its bot that noticeable. But I still dont recommend this.

Comments

Great value and very gentle

I have been using it for two years and it works well as daily use.

Improves my skin!

I used this per Dan's recommondation and I love it! The texture is nice, it doesn't break me out, and it makes my skin look healthier overall. I even wear it day and night because I love the affects. It has vitamin E, Zinc Oxide, and aloe...all of which are good for skin. I'd prefer for it to not have a chemical sunscreen added, but I don't notice any bad affects from it. My skin is super sensitive and breakout prone, so it's rare for me to find a sunscreen or makeup product that I like. This passes my test! Before I was relying on my makeup for sun protection because sunscreen inevitably broke me out...so I'm glad I finally found this.

DONT recommend this!!!

I thought it was working for my flakey skin, but 2-3 days later after I bought it, i got pimples in places where they wouldn't usually grow in. Got some on my chin too. I've been avoiding unhealthy foods this week so I'm guessing it's the moisturizer. Before I used this moisturizer my face wasn't peeling but after the moisturizer it peeled and burned. I have uneven skin tone now which sucks, regret using this! I will just use the moisturizer that comes with the kit. Please don't use this!!

Caused milia

I tried this one after it was brought back in 2010, since Dan recommended it with The Regimen. Sorry to say, it was the wrong choice for me: gave me milia in several places. I recommend DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 + instead, which has been working well for me the past 4 years.

AM usage only !!

moisturizing for daytime purposes only Affordable greasy SPF is very low I used this product for 4 years and its ok it could be a little drying around my mouth area but i definately would not include this in a night time regimen bc the chemicals are harmful to sleep in and it could clog pores.

The Best

Gentle Can be greasy This is for the ORIGINAL sensitive skin formula (zinc oxide NOT avobenzone)- I've used this for years and it is extremely gentle on my sensitive skin, with the added SPF bonus. Only downside is it can be just a tad greasy sometimes, but not enough to make me stop using it

Favorite Moisturizer

Affordable, often on sale No fragrance SPF 15 This is by far my favorite moisturizer. I've gone through several bottles already, applying a small amount every morning. It's got a great consistency - not too runny, not too thick. This product wears well underneath makeup, and has never caused a breakout for me. While an SPF of 15 is fine for average days, I'd love it more if it had an SPF of 30 or better. Overall though, it's a great product and definitely worth a shot.

Not Sure Why Dan Recommends This Product

I bought this because of Dan's recommendation. The zinc oxide makes my face flake like crazy all day long. I am also very pale (Scandinavian skin) and the zinc makes me look even paler, literally like a ghost. I would recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Spf 30 over this product.

Comments

I was using this product then ran out and bought a new one and the new one made me break out like crazy. The one that worked was the one with the active ingredients being ocinoxate and zinc oxide. The one that made me break out the active ingredient was octyl salicylate.

Comments

moisturizes to a certain extent It is way too light andreally hard to absorb into your skin ( have to massage extensively for it to absorb) and makes face appear white. for me, iv had a couple of experiences where i put it on and i get these postules that i normally dont get, i dont know why. Not for everyone, if you do try it introduce it for a day or two, observe anything new and if you get more acne than usual, discontinue immediately

Comments

-Has sunscreen that does not make my oily skin shinier (for once!). -No breakouts. -Light. -Not quite moisturizing enough for the flakes due to the BP part of the regimen. Hands down, the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face. Ditto the sunscreen.

Comments

Inexpensive and easy to find SPF No fragrance Feels heavy right away! Very oily by mid-day It was too heavy for my skin. I tried to use it up as body lotion!

Comments

Did not break me out Not greasy/oily Very moisturizing Zinc oxide (good for acne) Aloe & many more! None I have bad luck with almost all skin care products I use. This moisturizer, however, has been amazing. It does not have one pore clogging ingredient. I read the ingredients on the package one by one, and sure enough, it really did live up to its non-comeogenic name! I love this product. I recommend it to anyone who has light to moderate acne.

Comments

-Packaging -Broke me out! -Smells funky (SPF) -Made face look white- hard to rub in. I absolutely hated this product. After using it for 3 consecutive days it caused HORRIBLE acne around my chin and jawline area. It caused deep, painful acne that had to have been caused by this product. I think my skin may be allergic by an sunscreen ingredient so i try to buy moisturizers without any SPF. Would not recommend to those with sensitive skin very prone to breakouts. Returned and got a full refund at CVS.

That exactly what happened to me the only thing that I love about this product is how much is moisture ...

SPF Lasts a long time greasy thick heavy skin feels congested When I started my skincare routine at age 13, I've always used this moisturizer, and Purpose gentle cleansing wash. I have always had somewhat oily skin so when I started using this I thought it was just my oily skin producing the oil. Now that I have stopped using this moisturizer, and just moisturizers in general, my skin has stopped pumping out any excess oil. I just use an alcohol-free toner after cleansing to protect my skin's natural moisture levels and I'm done. My skin is fine now.

Guest Alex
Guest Alex

-The only moisturiser that works for me! -Glad not to clog pores -Moisturises all day -Brilliant base for make-up -Sun protection -Not sticky -Vitamin benefits Non 3 years ago, this was the only product I was using on my face after washing my face with water. I never broke out once. I used this everyday. However, I took my good complexion for granted and felt it could look even more polished and I brought a bunch of Botantics face care from a drugstore in the UK called Boots. I brought brightening complexion stuff and even replaced the moisturiser. I assured myself that this would work better for me because they are suppose to be organic. The new moisturiser was sticky and made me look greasy in comparison to the trustworthy Olay moisturiser. Many other reviews have said the same thing, where they switch products and realised when their skin was at their most best was when they were using Olay. It is also great as a base under liquid foundation or mineral powders. The foundation just slides on better that way and gives the right amount of hydration.

Comments

Has SPF 15 for those crazy people scared about getting skin cancer It's OLAY!!! Which means you get like 800 different things all in one :) Very hydrating While you're protecting your skin from the sun while wearing this, you're also moisturizing and ensuring that your skin won't look like crap when you get older Great for dry skin Can be for men or women (for men, who cares if it's Olay? this stuff works, so just give it a try) Makes your face look oily (if you already have an oily face) This is an amazing product. Not only do you get SPF 15 with it, but you also get moisture and the confidence that your face won't look really old when your age is. It can be a bit much if you have really oily skin, but the more oil the merrier (it's been proven that if you have an oily face, you won't age as quickly and you'll look younger for a longer period of time). This product is also great if you don't like having to put more than one thing on your face. Great for dry skin, but works with all skin types.

Popular With SPF