Oil of Oregano Reviews

Oil of Oregano

Burnt skin

Yo, I used this, 2 drops in a glass of diluted water and then dipped a cotton pad in, I didn't squeeze it so it was dripping, and put over my face. My skin has loads of red smeary pigmentation where applied. Any tips on how to heal this quickly, and/or how best to dilute if dabbing one's face with it in the future?

NEVER apply an essential oil using a water dilution and NEVER put water on your face after using an essential oil. Think about oil and water: the two don't mix. Instead, they repel one another. So basically, the water forced the oregano into your skin, causing irritation. In the future, use a carrier oil, such as organic coconut oil, to dilute essential oils applied to your face. To dilute oregano, use more carrier oil than oregano oil to ensure no irritation.

Reduces inflammation

I've tried every natural remedy and finally oregano oil is the one that has worked. It reduces inflammation which I believe for me is from my gut health and Candida. I mix it with shea butter and apply. It burns/ tingles slightly. It reduces the redness and all the "stuff" that is inside cystic spots just shrinks. I can't believe how quickly it does this. I'm going to start gradually applying it to feet and ingest it too to heal my Candida too. But it's a powerful oil, so when in doubt use LESS and build it up over time.

Comments

Oregano is good (teen perspective)

I'm a teen so acne at this age is like. NOPE NOPE STOP ACNE. As soon as I see a pimple forming I put it on at night and then the next day it's gone or it's just still I little there but practically gone. I use it un diluted it kinda burns but I got used to it. It doesn't burn that bad. If I can handle your good.

Oregano Oil is a must!

I use Doterra Oregano oil both topically & internally. It has helped some taking it internally but it is amazing topically! You just put a little (diluted of course with water or coconut oil) on your pimples with a Q tip and it is dried out very quickly! The next day that spot will be flaking off & healing, I definitely recommend it! Just be careful because if you don't dilute it you can burn yourself.

I just used organi oil without diluting it on a paper towel and burned my face really bad. Anyone know how to fix this fast have a date tomorrow I don't want to cancel but I'm kind of embarrassed with how my face looks as if having a break out wasn't bad enough now I look like a burn victim.

Small but mighty.

I have always suffered with cystic acne sine I was 12 years old. Went on Accutane for 6 months and it was brutal! Then in my 30's I got it back in the form of adult acne on my chin and I went back on Accutane,then topical acne treatments. I'm 43 now and I've been using oil of oregano oil internally for Candida for about 6 months. I was talking to the sales woman at a health food store and she said she puts it straight on a pimple. I have been doing that for about 3 months. I use it undiluted. My skin can handle it without it burning. I used 5% benzoyl peroxide in the past that was really rough on my skin. I apply the oil of oregano oil to a big cystic pimple and it is gone in 3 days. I am so amazed!! I have tossed out all my expensive topical acne treatments. I still take oil of oregano internally and I have also been taking ACV for 6 months as well. I think both of those things have kept my cystic acne under control.

Ingest, not topical!

People, you have to ingest this, not put it on your pimples. Unless you are having a case of hormonal acne (teen years), then your acne is your body's way of telling you there is something wrong on the inside. It is most likely a case of Candida overgrowth (bad bacteria in your gut). You need to kill the Candida and then strengthen your gut with high doses of quality probiotics (Natren is the only brand i recommend). Check out [link removed] Acne was one of my symptoms of severe digestive issues I was having. I had to do many things to cure it all, but here I am, healthier than I've been in 6+ years. Do some research on your own, make sure you buy the right product and cure your issue at the roots! And DON"T listen to doctors! They just want to sell you pills and keep you sick!

Hi MissSum! so happy for you that you cure your acne and all the other things. I am also dealing with candida and it is driving me crazy. I will appreciate you so much if you share how you did you cure candida? Thanks in advance!

Miracle Oil

I suffer with combination oily/spotty skin and regularly come on acne.org to read product reviews, I was surprised that oregano oil made the list to treat acne (although i'm not sure why, it has AMAZING anti fungal properties, builds immune system, rids worms and parasites out of the body!) anyway, I have a high potency oregano oil at home, after reading the success stories I decided to try it and I have to say this noticeably flattens raised spots, I used it last night and left it on my face over night, I think one more use will have the spots completely gone, although the redness is still there. It's definitely worth trying but please be warned, THIS IS POTENT AND WILL BURN, I followed the advice of one of the reviews on here and used a q tip / ear bud dipped in water with a droplet of oil and that was way too hot I wouldn't recommend it. I would advise using a few drops in a bowl of water and using some cotton wool to wipe over your face, test it on your hand before adding it to your face. When my face started to burn I covered it in coconut oil, and rode it out but yeah that can obviously be prevented if you are sensible :-)

Works great

I have been a member of this site since I was in my early 20's (when I started getting moderate acne). It slowed down through the years but it sometimes picks up and it picked up last summer. I started getting cystic pimples near my chin that took forever to go away. They would never come to a head and I had to just wait it out cause they were not poppable. I read about oil of oregano (I use the oreganol P73). I started taking internally, a few drops under my tongue a day. Then one day I put it on my skin topically and what I noticed was that it helped the inflammation almost immediately and within a day or so it brings the cyst or pimple to head so you can safely extract the gunk inside. I am a firm believer that you need to get the crap out (in a clean manner)..or it will never fully go away. The oregano oil helps. Make sure you use the kind that has an olive oil or tea tree oil/coconut oil etc so it does not burn the skin. I made the mistake once of putting a different type on once (that was not diluted) and I burned my skin..it healed but had a definitely burn for a few days. This stuff also helps keep the immune system in check...Works for so many reasons.

Comments

Only thing that has ever worked for me as a cyst spot treatment!

TRY this. Please. If you have cystic acne its worth a shot putting this on the spot as a spot treatment. Ive never written a review before, but this has saved my skin. I've battled cystic acne since I was about 18 - Im now 27. I've been on Accutane twice. Both times it "helped" but my skin still wasnt perfect and then each time months afterward my skin would act up again. I've tried literally everything (as most of you probably have). As anyone that has dealt with serious acne knows -everything affects peoples skin differently but for me this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked to bring a cyst down. And QUICKLY too. I was going through my medicine cabinet and saw the Oil of Oregano and googled it and saw the good reviews on here already but I had never come across this as a solution. Hoping this thread gets more attention and it comes to the attention of more people!! What I do: wash my face normally (I use "Fresh Soy Face Cleanser" available at Sephora). Apply moisturizer (I use Complex 15). Then dab one drop of Oil of Oregano on to the cyst. Some people say this burns - it only slightly felt burning to me so I was able to put it on full strength - dilute it in water or coconut oil if its out of control. I did this every few hours and then overnight I do so but put a bandaid overtop to keep it protected. It seriously went away within 3 days. The cyst started going down within hours. If it works for you please post here so maybe more people see it as a potential solution!!

Comments

Oil of Oregano improves seborrheic dermatitis

This is one of my favorite oils for treating seborrheic dermatitis. It's potent with antifungal properties to kill the fungus. It can also be used as a spot treatment for warts. Dab a drop on a pimple and it will dry it out so it reduces inflammation. Add a couple drops into a glass of water and it will help kill the candida yeasts. I make sure to keep this oil stocked in my cupboard at all times because it comes in real handy !

User470686

Excellent Natural Treatment

I tried the Oil of Oregano and found it to work also. I use a ratio of 10 pumps of Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil mixed in a glass jar with 10 drops of Oil of Oregano. I used a q-tip to apply it to the acne after cleansing in the morning and at night and let it soak in. You don't need to use a lot so oil just a little bit. I have moderate acne and oily skin.

Comments

Oregano the super plant; I love this stuff!!

My new favorite herb/oil!! I've dealt with blackheads, whiteheads, large and painful cysts, and tiny bumps on my face since middle school. I'd tried managing it for years (8+) with dermatologist visits, topicals, antibiotics, diet changes, you name it. Around 4 months ago, I got fed up and when I heard about the caveman regimen (not washing or applying anything to your face), I jumped on board. About a week into it, new pimples started showing up in places I'd never had acne. It's progressed to severe acne where the only clear patch of skin was the left side of my forehead. Massive cysts took over my cheeks and jawline with pimples and blackheads filling every space in between. It got to the point where I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to. Prescribed medications and chemicals never worked for me in the past so I resorted to every natural method I came across. I originally got oregano oil for my gingivitis and receding gums (it completely worked by the way) and began applying to my face mixed with seabuckthorn oil, to my toenails for a stubborn fungus, and to my scalp for psoriasis. It took care of ALL of it!! All of my cysts are disappearing, few new pimples are showing up, and the only thing I'm looking for now is a way to clear up the scarring! Wonderful, magical, healing plant. I'm in love. I've also cut out milk in my diet which I believe has helped; however I'm still eating ice cream and cheese and what-have-you so I give the most props to oregano, the super oil. Very much recommended <3

To clear up scarring I'd recommend tamanu oil it really helped me clear up my scars. I'm trying the oregano oil on an ugly huge spot right now! Have a comedy show / girl's night out tomorrow night!

Oil of Oregano

The Best! This oil is powerful, so please do not use this without knowing what you are doing! I am a certified health coach, and when I read how some people are applying this to their skin it makes me shudder. Oil of Oregano has heat and will definitely burn when used incorrectly. Mix a little with a carrier oil (examples: jojoba, olive oil, coconut). If you apply the oil without mixing, use very, very little on the spot; it will still work without setting you on fire. :-) I used to have terrible acne and I began using the clarisonic device for cleansing, which helped a lot to deep cleanse my skin. My skin cleared but I still suffered occasional breakouts. Now when I feel a pimple coming on, I apply a tiny drop of oil of oregano and it usually gets rid of it within a day or two. The pimple never becomes large. yay! Again, just a tiny drop is all that's needed. Apply more and you suffer. Good luck!

One more thing: Avoid getting this into your eye! If that accident happens, immediately apply a carrier oil onto the eye and it will stop the burning (the oil won't hurt your eye). If you try to flush with water it won't work. Oil and water don't mix.
Would you recommend drinking this Cynthia. You know, 5-6 drops in your water. I have horrible can on my face, shoulders, and chest. Cystic mostly on my chest. Been trying to avoid taking an antibiotic. Drinking Neem Leaf Powder right now.

Seems very powerful, Be Careful!

I got the PURE oil of oregano, as in its 100% oregano oil- no olive oil mixed in it. I read beforehand that it was potent, so I dipped a cotton swab in water and then put on drop of oregano oil on the tip.. put it on top of my cystic pimples as well as regular zits. oh my god, they BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNED. i stuck it out and left it on overnight. i have to say, it DOES seem to deflate the cystic pimples a bit as well as bring the regular zits to a head. so that's definitely great, as nothing else seems to work on my cystic acne- seriously, they sit like mosquito bites on my face for months without coming to a head or anything. BUT, after 2-3 days of doing this, i noticed that...the oil was... somehow drying out the parts i applied it onto SEVERELY. I had one small patch on my cheekbone that was almost like a burnt patch. it took about a week to heal =( Now that i think about it, I think it actually slightly burnt that area off a bit... the other parts of my face- was like snake skin. red and scaly. It was horrific, especially cause I had to go to work with this scaly mask of a skin =( after 2-3 days though, the scaly bits peeled off thank god. I have some other cysts that i would like to try this on again, but after that whole ordeal im a LITTLE bit apprehensive. I'm not denying the effects of this oil, I'm quite surprised at how well it works, I just gotta figure out how to work with it so that I can avoid getting that scaly skin after effect. I definitely would recommend this product, but please please please be careful when you use it!

Next time mix it half and half with olive or coconut oil. If it's too strong and burns, don't try to wash it off, add more coconut oil or olive oil on top of it to dilute it.

Works great!

I regularly use the regimen (which works great by the way). Every now and then I still do get a whitehead or a cystic. When I do, I have a mixture that I make made of oil of oregano and jojoba oil. I can't tell you the exact ratio because I change it every time I make it. Anyway, I use it as a spot treatment I put on overnight and when I wake up it seems like it is almost a week or two old and almost gone. I have not tried using it orally yet. WARNING: Do not use this in pure form! It has literally burned my skin when I tried that and left me with a dark pigmentation for two weeks. Granted, I used probably 5 or 6 drops in an area of about a dollar coin size which wasn't a smart idea. This stuff burns, but if you have it diluted do not worry about it. It also smells, so I never use it in the morning or during the day if I know I am going to go out. Summarized: It works amazingly and will get rid of your acne insanely fast. Use only when diluted. It smells and burns. Do not get it in your eyes or you will be tearing up for about an hour. I highly recommend it.

I wish I would have read this article before applying to oil to my face because it left a HUGE burn mark on my chin. Did you apply anything to your burn mark or did it just heal over time?
@amd2222 Buy some Vaseline and/or anti-aging cream, and put light amounts on the burn spots occasionally throughout your day, but not too much because your skin will more so peel than heal and get rid of the burn spot. Also, next time, try to dilute the oil with Water, Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil; 1/2 100% Pure Oregano Oil 1/2 Water / Coconut Oil / Olive Oil Apply small amounts to acne filled areas* If it begins to burn really bad again after applying it still, just keep it on your face for a good minute, and rinse off well with Water, or (recommended) Milk/Cream. This way, even though you rinsed it off, the oil will still have time to disinfect your skin of excess sebum waste and bacteria going into your pores. Try again the following day if your skin does not look bad/burned or affected in anyway, but put smaller doses on your face but spread well, and/or dilute it a bit more than usual.
I know it's kind of late, but I used Avène Cicalfate on the same type of burn and it healed completely in 3 days and it left only a slightly discolored mark that was hardly noticeable
Tamanu oil works great for scars! Have seen a dramatic difference in my acne and burn scars!

Wow!

Works fast Burns Drys out skin Ok I never write reviews but oil of oregano is AMAZING! I am in awe at how well this works!! I get regular acne as well as cystic acne and have tried every product, home remedy and prescription out there. Recently I was using witch hazel astringent and Burt's bees acne toner which both work good(witch hazel more so). Today I went and bought the oil of oregano because I've had a cystic zit I could not get rid of for the life of me. Right when I got home I grabbed a cotton ball and rubbed the oil directly on my face, DO NOT do that. It burns sooo bad!! I rushed to the bathroom and ran ice cold water on my face for a good 10 min. And then I got a q-tip, got it wet, added a drop of the oil and applied it directly to the zit and here I am an hour later, writing this review because the zit is almost gone!

aze

BE CAREFUL

Acne heals faster Fewer breakouts burns skin in red and sore Dried skin I purchased a bottle of oil of oregano at a Health food store after reading rave reviews on this site. I added a few drops to about a tablespoon of honey and applied it as a face mask. WORST IDEA. My face started burning and man did it hurt! I tried to wash it off immediately but the damage was already done. It took over 10 minutes for the burning to subside but my face is now raw and red. Wether or not it works, I'll have to wait and see. If you do try it, take it internally. ***UPDATE: I decided to stick it out and it does help, acne dries out faster and healing time is shorter. It still burns and dries out my skin, but overall I have seen some improvement***

It actually works

It works Quick results No side effects Stings a little I've been suffering from cystic acne due to my hormones and dairy sensitivity for years now. I've tried numerous amounts of things, tea tree oil, toothpaste, different cleansers, different toners, masks - everything! I found several reviews on this page about oil of oregano, so I decided to give it a try. Wow, I can see a big difference in the size of my affected areas already. I had a large pimple on my chin, and I was trying to get rid of it. I used oil of oregano, and after just TWO days, it's practically gone! I put the mixture in a glass jar, which is about half a cup of water mixed with about 4 drops of the oil. It separates a little, so I shake it before every use!

Works quickly A little goes a long way Can be applied to skin and taken internally Stings a bit Really strong smell (not bad, just STRONG) A bit pricey, but you get A LOT for your money I purchased the Oreganol P73 from Whole Foods. I applied a small drop directly to acne spots, including cyctic acne that lingers under the skin. The results are amazing. If I feel acne forming I apply at night. The next morning the pain and redness is reduced or eliminated. Often times the next morning the acne spot will be "drawn out" of the skin and have a large whitehead. I also drink two drops in a large glass of water every morning and have felt it helps fight off colds, mouth sores and infections. This stuff works better then any other spot treatment I've ever used, with no drying or flaking.

Guest Steph
Guest Steph

WORKS! A little goes a long way Pretty easy to find - most health food stores carry it Has other health benefits as well - Google it :P Smells gross Tastes gross Burns when applied topically Burns your throat when you take it internally Expensive (but you get a lot for your money) The results are worth the cost/smell/taste/burning. I HIGHLY recommend taking this internally. I've used it topically before, and it works pretty well, but the results from taking it internally are amazing! I fill a shot glass with about 1 third honey (to mask the taste) with 2 thirds water, add 5 drops of oil of oregano and drink it. It burns a little going down, so I chase it with a glass of water. The taste is bearable, and absolutely worth it. I drink this mixture once when I wake up, once before bed, and at lunch if I remember. I've been doing this for a week and my skin looks better than it has in years. Most of my active acne is gone, and my hyperpigmentation is looking better as well. I plan to reduce the amount I'm taking as my acne improves. The recommended dosage on the bottle was 3-5 drops, 3 times a day for infection fighting, 1-2 drops 2 times a day for general health maintenance. I also use it topically. I wash my face using the Tumeric and Neem face wash from Himalaya then I soak a cotton ball in water, squeeze out the excess so it's damp but not dripping, then put three or four drops of oil of oregano on it and wipe it all over my face. I wait for it to dry, then I soak another cotton ball in salt water (I just mix table salt with water - about 1:3 or 1:4 salt:water, keep stirring till dissolved) and wipe that all over my face, then let it dry. I only do it at night, because the smell of the oregano oil is so strong I worry people will be able to smell it if I go out with it on. I paid $20.00 for 30ml. Pricey, but worth it!

Comments

- Works fast - Lasts forever - Stings a bit - Really strong smell (not bad, just STRONG) - A bit pricey, but you get A LOT for your money I use dilluted Oil of Oregano as a toner in the AM and PM, and it really helps (about 3-5 drops to 1/2 cup of water). Wipe on with a cotton ball and let it dry before moisturiser. Works better than commercial toners for my dry cheeks, sensitive skin and cosmetic acne. It's natural, a strong anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

Guest Christina
Guest Christina

Delivers results Burns Smells I use this on my acne & scars at night. I bought the extra strength stuff on amazon and it sure is powerful! Its been a week and a half and I'd say my scars are about 50% cleared. My face is glowing as well. I take this internally and externally for maximum results. I also use coconut oil to dilute it and sooth my skin after use. Its no miracle cure, but I like the results so far.

Popular Household/Natural