Noxzema Cleansing Cream, Sensitive Reviews

Brand: Noxzema

Noxzema Cleansing Cream, Sensitive

Don't try this

I bought this product because I have very bad acne and sensitive skin. Noxzema is terrible and made my face tingle, but did nothing to help with my acne or clear up my skin.

This ruined my skin

I've been using it for about two weeks, thinking maybe what I had noticed was all in my head, but now my skin is rashy, blotchy and broken out. DO NOT BUY. I am very upset about this as now I have to repair the damage it has done to my skin.

It’s not gonna work instantly. Your face has to get use to the product.

Loved the smell

Loooved the smell but didn’t take my acne away.

Great awesome vintage cream

I've use noxzema cream for many many years,since I a teenager,I am 53&still use it to wash my face,I have great looking skin,also I use it to shave my legs&on my sunburn.(when I'm out in the sun a long time)this is such a awesome product,I won't use anything else.

Very decent !

while it's on i love the tingle feeling as it works in my skin. when I rinse it off my skin feels clean. if you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend putting on a moisturizer after because after a while your face will create a bit of glow and a moisturizer will make it more shiny and oily. it definitely dries out your bumps and you will begin to see your bumps flatten. it is a really good product for a little skin clearing.

User410314

slightly better than Dial on your face

This was what I was using in middle school. I was still breaking out. I remember the waxy film. It removed makeup well without being too alkaline as barsoap had, but it didn't touch my acne.

Guest Zuri
Guest Zuri

-clears acne -cleanses skin -brightens skin -can wear overnight Some things just shouldn't have a con box. Been using this since I was a little kid (I'm assuming this is the new version of what I used). It really does dry up pimples without drying your skin. About 3 years after I started using this, I switched to Neutrogena Wipes for a while (they work too, but not as well). Then I started using Clearasil (Worst. Purchase. Ever.) I'm off to go get some for of this and hopefully dry up this whitehead that's been on my chin since fifth grade off and on and has come back. It works.

Guest Taylor
Guest Taylor

The menthol gives you the tingly cleansing feeling Less oil on my face Acts fast on all pimples and ance WORKS WONDERS ON COMBINATION OR OILY SKIN! The weird white residue I tried lots of different ance products fromYes to Tomatoes,Clearsil , Clean and Clear to AnceFree,but none of these products really worked for me. I have just started using Noxema again for 3 to 4 days, and my skin looks brighter, feels cleaner, and less oiler. EVERYTHING I NEED A CLEANSER TO DO! You should try it,it does wonders for my combination skin.

Guest Will
Guest Will

-feels good when/after washing -smells good -cleans really good -reduces inflammation -some don't like the smell but I do. I used this for a couple days along with another new acne medication (Neutrogena clear pore oil eliminating astringent) but I stopped using it cause my skin was red and dry. So about a week ago I tried it again, and it was fine! My skin is soft and clean and all the other pros. Also my mom used it.

Guest Nicole
Guest Nicole

cool and refreshing! soothes your skin, making your skin less red. nice smell. wakes your skin up. much cheaper and better than my original face was. it pretty much makes your skin look amazing. none really. like at all. i'm not sure if it helps acne (i finally went to a dermatologist and am on antibiotics and using benzaclin and differin.) but this face was is a nice compliment to go along with my skin care routine .... i love the smell it wakes me up in the morning and my skin looks so much healthier for some reason... and its much cheaper than my original face wash (burt's bees soap bark and chamomile) which was like 12-15 dollars (that is a good face wash to, i've used it for like 2 years) but for some reason i wanted to try noxzema and i prefer it to the burt's bees.

Comments

The Menthol makes this product very comfortable and refreshing to use as well as clearing your sinuses. It also moisturizes your face, so you don't have to use a moisturizer afterwards. It leaves an oily residue from the Menthol, however that is partially why is moisturizes after use. I use my skin care products while in the shower because when you put your hands to your face they are clean and spread less bacteria along with the steam from the shower opening your pores so the product works better. If you dislike the residue feeling, you can use a basic face cleanser (I use Biore foaming cleanser) it will take most of it off. It's very nice, I like the product's scent and it works really well. It showed a difference in my skin immediately. I don't have bad acne, but it's very resilient so it always there. I have problem areas where it is worse too, so having this work so quickly is a plus. Because of all the different ingredients however, someone with sensitive skin might want to stay away from the product because they might have allergies to it. Use it in the shower for better, healthier results.

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

Reduces redness drastically reduces inflamed pimples Cheap Easy to acquire / use Some might not like the smell, but it isn't bad. Left my face feeling like I hadn't washed it. Some don't like the packaging (dipping fingers into tub, spreading bacteria) Makes your skin white (this is a plus for me however) I've always heard about Noxzema and how great it is. Today I went out to the local drug store and purchased a 12oz tub of Noxzema (original, not sensitive) and I'm pleased with it after just one use. I have severe acne on my face, chest, back, neck, etc. I put this on my face and left it while I washed in the shower, and then washed and rubbed it in circles. When I got out of the shower I noticed my face wasn't red, and inflamed pimples I had on my skin were flattened out and well on their way to being healed. All in all this is a great product so far. I rubbed a bit on my arm, red from daily sun exposure (I'm very fair, a natural redhead) and immediately after rinsing my skin was less red, I'm very happy about this (although it doesn't necessarily pertain to acne)

Comments

Awesome! works great leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh and when your washing your face it is cool and tingly! i love it smells minty based on the other comments it works differently on everyone. works great, feels great and really affordable!

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

it opens your pores and deep cleanses nothing try it

Guest Milena
Guest Milena

Everything. I loved it, it got rid of all my acne in less than 2 days!!! None. Absolutely none. If anyone had cons, they were using it wrong..no doubt. My skin feels great. It looks just like the celebrities skin, but only nothing is on my face for the look. Everyone thinks I put on skin makeup, but I don't have to anymore. It's absolutely great.

Guest Holly Tuggy
Guest Holly Tuggy

tingly feeling makes you feel like it must be doing something broke my skin out in a rash, made it more sensitive than ever I used to use noxzema when i was 14 and i remember having relatively good skin, so when my skin recently broke out (at 26 years old) i decided to try it out again. twice i started using it since after the first application my skin always seemed invigorated. but after a few days i noticed that both my face and neck were developing little red bumps. i had accredited this to my makeup and even to my shampoo, surely it COULDN'T be the noxzema! last month i tried it for the 3rd time and realized that it truly was the common denominator. i thought it might just be me, but apparently it does this to a lot of skin types. if you want my recommendation, just STAY AWAY! noticed this with burt's bees cleanser as well, and it also is a white cream that gives you that 'tingly' feeling. what ingredient could it be? anyway, as soon as i stopped using these cleansers, my skin looks and feels MUCH better!

Guest Max
Guest Max

Very cheap, minty tingle, doesn'tdry Packaging, consistency, greasy feeling after wash, zit surprise in the morning I am writing about the oiginal fomula. I decided to try this, because I found its history a little "fascinating." Obviously, it was a mistake. First off, the packaging is very bad. It's in a plastic jar with a very wide mouth, so the product is always susceptible to contamination (this is the reason we don't store reagents in beakers in the lab). Also, one dips his fingers into the jar every time he uses it, and the hands are among the dirtiest parts of the body; you almost always don't know where they've been, or what microorganisms they've been collecting from wherever. In the winter, the product collects into a solid, and one has to "scrape off" the cream in order to use it. Hence, further contamination. After washing, your skin won't be dry, but your face and hands do feel greasy. Oh yes, you'll love the minty tingle (even though, if you stick your nose into the jar, the product stinks. Sleep it off, and in the morning, you get a horrible zit surpri

Comments

feels like mint. planted acne all over my face, does not completely remove make up. basically, I can't find my usual walgreens make up remover so I gave this a shot. I just got out from a VERY serious acne condition (big puss-filled boil-like nodes,my coworker even asked me if I got ambushed by bees) but my skin recovered and even looked just like it was on my tenth birthday. :) thank goodness. but a week or two with this stuff and my face started to have it's acne vendetta again. I'll throw the bottle away. what a nightmare.

Guest laura
Guest laura

I love the smell and the way it cools my skin. I used it this morning and 12 hours later the pores on my neck and chest are completly clogged. Basically a rash from breast to chin. Thanks Noxzema! If you want a sure way to clogged pores noxzema a fine bet, sure money. If you have large pores stay away, it will clog them.

Guest courtney
Guest courtney

GETS RID OF OIL, MAKES YOUR SKIN GLOW, removes makeup nicely none Whats wrong wit everyone? This stuff is amazing. i have sensitive oily acne-prone skin and usually AFTER i wash my face a few hours later its gets right back oily and inflamed. I used tazorac, brevoxvly and otc stuff. This worked wonders. I used to use it in middle school when my skin rarely broke out. Now i see why my skin was so clear. NOXZEMA! OH YEAH THIS WAS AFTER JUST ONE USE

Guest trinz
Guest trinz

it does work for my skin,i used it for a month and y skin is get cleaner and almost all of my acne gone

Guest ANONYMOUS
Guest ANONYMOUS

NONE Everything I hate this stuff! Before i became a skin care specialist i had used this product seeing as i had basiclly tried everythig and never understood why it broke me out. Now i know its MENTHOL! After studying about the skin for so long you come to realize there are so many ingredients that can irritate and aggravate the skin.I do not reccomend this product but as most people know what works for some may not work for you.

Guest Bee
Guest Bee

None at all. Gross stuff in general. After only a few hours of using this I began to break out in huge, inflamed red welts that still have yet to subside. I'm thinking it could have been some kind of allergy, as I've never had particularly "sensitive" skin. I doubt I could have continued using this anyway, as it was not unlike slathering minty lard on my face. This is cheap, smelly crap and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Ugh, it's godawful. I suggest Cetaphil's gentle cleanser as opposed to this. Unless you're some kind of masochist.

Comments

I like the feel of the menthol on my skin. It's a cooling tingling feeling. oil oil oil. It made my skin oiler than it had ever been, and it doesn't really remove makeup lke it claims No way. I've a bunch left over. I'll use it shave my legs.

Guest Samantha
Guest Samantha

feels mice on your skin it made my skin even oilier as to where i had to wipe some of throughout the day. it did not get rid of zits (maybe like 1 or 2 of them,but they were small just,no

Popular Cream