Not Washing or Water Only

Not Washing or Water Only Reviews

experimenting

hey guys. i’ve suffered from acne for 1-5 years now and it’s only moderate nothing severe like that. i have oily skin but few breakouts anymore. i have tons of scarring from acne and i used to use all cerave products and an epiduo retin a thing prescribed by my derm. i’m really interested in this regime because im lazy to wash my face here and there because it takes me 20 mins morning and night! i’ll update everyday and today is my first day :)

Pros/cons

So originally I had a raw piece of skin about to become a scab on my face and this made me not wash my face as I didn’t want to disturb the way it healed. I just let the shower water hit my face. BTW it never became a scab because I constantly left Neosporin on the raw skin and went back to normal skin in less then a week! I started to notice that my forehead cystic acne was clearing up a bit during this process. I started researching if this was a thing, not washing your face as our society has just became HUGE on beauty products. I started to hear these success stories and continued to only wash my face with warm water and finish with cold water. This got rid of about 98% of my cystic acne that is only on my forehead. Before this I had not oily, nor dry skin. Everyday I was getting another or multiple white heads which isn’t normal for me. As everyday continued, my skin became VERY oily. After that I had to stop because the cystic acne that I had practically gotten rid of had became white heads everywhere and my face was VERY oily. My face was itching from how much oil was being produced on my face!! Then I got a little section of tiny bumps (clogged pores). I finally stopped washing my face with only water because the oily skin, white heads and tiny bumps. Now I have oily skin, slowly getting rid of the white heads and tiny bumps. I am 18 and I never had acne until I became overwhelmed with stress and anxiety about 5 months ago. Before this, I’d loose it because I’d have one tiny pimple on my face. Getting acne has really made my confidence fluctuate. I am stuck to say if I recommend this as most acne varies. My current routine after this is using a tea tree facial cleanser once in the morning and at night. I moisturize my face at night after I’ve washed my face and taken a shower. Then i put pure tea tree oil on a q-tip and run it under water then spot treat with it. This simplistic acne treatment, I’ve started has became effective and it seems that if I keep my stress under control that my acne will hopefully be gone! Last thing I want to say is please love youreself even if your acne messes with your confidence. I get it and it’s really hard, but you just have to remember that at the end of the day if someone thinks you’re not beautiful or handsome because you have acne then they don’t deserve you. Remember that you’re SO much more then your acne. That your acne doesn’t get to determine if you’ll live your life. Learn to accept the fact your acne is what it is and you’re doing everything you can to get rid of it. That’s all you can do!

This works for me

I did this for years (since I was a kid) and I had really good clear skin that I got compliments on. Everytime I used soap I would break out so I just used water. I told someone once and they looked at me like I was a freak and said, "Ew. How do you get your face clean?" So I never told anyone ever again, but I kept washing my face with water. Recently I found a very mild face wash that had water as it's first ingredient. I started using it and I noticed that the pores on my nose were a little better looking. I do have slightly oily T-Zones. So I started using this face wash regularly. But what do you know, the area around my mouth started to dry out, chap and discolor, and my cheeks started to break out which caused me to want to pop them (I can't help it), which left hyper pigmentation. I went back to washing with just water.

Comments

Don't try this if you are having closed comedones!

This will work fo people who are suffering from acne that's caused by irritation or who are using products that are not suitable for them especially people with rosacea acne and sensitive skin type.. sooo plez plez for anyone with congested skin ( having closed comedones, those tiny bumps under the skin) don't try this method as it will make your case even worse.. our acne type needs exfolation in regular basis.. I'm using retin a now for the CCs and it's doing a great job, alhamdullah..

Comments

Just started this method, and asking for help!

Hi, I'm a 35 year old female and never thought I would be struggling with acne... I get the a few pimples every now and then. Nothing too serious, but enough to bug me. My main problem has always been blackheads in the chin area and some in the cheeks (still pimples without heads)... So, I see this and it makes sense, since I'm doing the "No Poo" on my hair as well.... getting everything back to it's normal PH levels. This is my 4th day or so, but I don't know the directions.... or what to expect. Is there a name for this way of cleansing? I absolutely have to wear sunscreen. I live in Florida. Please Advise:)

only thing that worked

1 month today washing with water only + zinc supplements and good diet (no dairy, high glycemic food). still few blackheads but almost completely cleared from cystic acne/whiteheads. best thing ever done to my skin

miracle

It works!! seriously, I have used all types of cleansers, toners, mosturizers, and other products to keep my skin clean but i just ended up getting even more pimples in the morning. I looked up using only water after my brothers acne cleared up since he used nothing on his face at all and its been great. I wash my face first with warm water to open the pores, then rinse with cold water to close them. Nighttime I do the exact same thing but at the end I use bio oil on my face and go to sleep. Literally only done this for a week but my face is glowing and I've gotten no new pimples whatsoever.

Comments

At fist it seemed to work..

At fist it seemed to work but eventually it was just a "grace" period(lasted 7 days) where I was going true (a period where the skin is still recovering from the BP and after that I got one of the worst breakouts I've ever had. I couldn't look in the mirror. I have started benzoyl peroxide again and will probably stay with that. MIRACLE PRODUCT!

Try it! It really works!

I didnt know whether to write under the water only or jojoba oil blog but here goes...... I'm a 23 year old woman who's had breakouts since I was 10. I have dry sensitive, acne prone skin. I have moderate acne. I used different otc acne products since then. Nothing ever really worked. I minimized my junk food intake since 2013 to just once a week. It helped but it wasn't enough. When I break out, I used to get frustrated and overwash with cleaners, I would pick, hoping to scrape the bumps off my face. Just a month ago I did just that and I got a horrible breakout and I got so angry and I just felt like my face was gonna always be like this. Then I looked at the rest of my skin on my body......the rest of my skin is nice and I hardly manipulate with it. So I thought to myself maybe that's what I need to do with my face. So since 2 weeks ago, i've been washing my face with bottled water and a rag. Being that I also have dry skin, I decided to try an oil, being that I wanted the most natural moisturizer. I was looking for non comodegenic or an oil with low comodegenicity (Idk if that's a word loll). So I chose jojoba oil. Since I started this regimen, my face had cleared up tremendously!!! I still have a couple acne scars (I use aloe Vera gel straight from the leaf for this). Water, aloe, and jojoba oil is all I use and the results are beautiful! I love how my face looks now!

Did your face start to become dry once you stopped using the otc products? I'm on day 4 of this regime and my face hasn't broke out since. The only thing I notice is it's starting to get dry. Not an uncomfortable dry, I just notice it. It looks like its drying up my pre-exisiting acne also. I wasn't sure if this was normal or if i needed to start using an oil?

The most effective "treatment" or lack there of for bacne (folliculitis)

Before: Face: Mild Acne (2-5 active pimples and 1 cysts every other week) - High inflammation Body: Severe Acne (Follicultitis) with about 5-20 pimples and 3-8 cysts - High inflammation - Affected everywhere: Chest, shoulders, sides, lower back, buttocks (the worst place ever) I have tried washing frequently and ended up with dry-oily bacne. I have tried not showering as frequently, and ended up with oily bacne. I have tried "non-comedogenic" washes/lotions/moisturizers on my face and body, only to have more breakouts. I have tried eczema washes and gentle soaps and cleanser, to no avail. I have tried washing my face multiple times a day or just every other day, both different, yet acne prone results. Tried head and shoulder as a wash, anti-fungal washes, BP washes, Anti-bacterial washes, and for dandruff, both my acne and dandruff get worse. Shampooing with typically sold shampoo, causing large scalp folliculitis. Sports washes made my skin itch and break out. Antibiotics improve face acne/redness and INCREASES body acne/redness!!!! (Like doubled or tripled breakouts!!) Currently Face: Occasional small pimples (1-2 per week) that go away in a day or two, no cysts. Low inflammation. Scarring FINALLY healing from my moderate acne days. Easily cover the tiny zit or two with concealer, but most days I am fine bare faced. Smoother skin, less oily, and only slightly dry. (Also dark circles under eyes went away since upping my water and sleep a bit) Body: 1-2 pimples per week (small) and no cysts, and low inflammation. Scarring and post-inflammatory marks fading. Less oily and dry, smooth and perfect balance rather than being oil AND dry combination. What I do now: Shower 1-2 times a day. Short showers, 3-5 minutes. Only use non-dyed shampoo. Use cool to lukewarm water. Only use dr. bronner soap in the groin and "crevasse". No body wash or conditioner. Lightly splash cool water on face. Never wash my face or use moisturizer. I change bed sheets a few times a month. Two weeks without changing MAX! Guzzle water. Like 12-24 glasses of tea, coffee, or water. (I used to drink 5-10 glasses) I use baking soda to wash clothes, or occasionally get expensivish unscented hypoallergenic detergent My new "routine" actually saves me time and money (TONS OF $$$), along with clearer, softer, and smoother skin. I feel comfortable with my partner rather than opting for a shirt to cover zits. And apparently, I am "angel-soft", have "beautiful skin" and smell "extremely clean". Little does he know I used to have horrible acne covering the entirety of my body a few months ago. I wish someone had told me about this technique sooner! I have wasted so much money and time to literally make my skin red, dry-oil, inflamed, and prone to infection.

Comments

How did I not know about this sooner???

After getting off Accutane last year and still breaking out, I was done. I was so frustrated - Accutane had been the cure for both of my brothers!! I finally decided to tackle my diet and cut out dairy/gluten/alcohol/caffeine/sugar and slowly introduce them back in to see what made me breakout. The problem is, my acne never really cleared up, so how was I supposed to tell if any of the foods were making me breakout? I was searching this website for an answer, for a cure!! I finally stumbled upon the phrase "caveman regimen" and people saying it actually cured them, along with eating better. I thought maybe this could be it. Maybe this could be the cure!! My regimen is no water, no products, no makeup (except eye makeup) and no touching - and it's working!! In the first two weeks, it COMPLETELY cleared up my cysts. I started getting some whiteheads (which is not normal for me, I normally get cysts only), but they would shrink and push out the pus very quickly and totally on its own - WAY faster than when I had used BP or any other product! My pores are shrinking, my hyperpigmentation is fading and my skin is becoming less oily. The first two weeks I had to blot it everyday but now I don't even have to do that. I did put a little bit of jojoba oil around my nose but then I had some whiteheads so I'll stop that. Also because it cleared up ALL of my cysts, I was able to start introducing inflammatory foods back into my diet with very obvious results!! I KNOW now that dairy definitely causes cysts for me and gluten has no effect on my skin at all. Neither does alcohol. Sugar is the only other thing that I'm still testing out in varying amounts to see how much my skin can handle without breaking out. I do eventually want to add foundation back into my routine because I miss the way it makes me look, but I definitely don't want to do it at the expense of my new clear skin! I'm thinking I'll wait even more until my skin is super balanced and healthy and then play around with the idea. (I've completed three weeks with this regimen and this is my experience. I think I might wait until after three months to start introducing foundation.) NOTE: I do want to say that I think the reason this worked so well for me was before I quit all products, I slowly weaned myself off. I had been using an all natural cleanser and only used BP as a spot treatment instead of all over my face. I also had just finished a parasite cleanse where I was eating super healthy. If you are using a ton of chemicals on your face and eating really processed, sugary foods, quitting cold turkey is NOT a good idea! Your body needs time to adjust. Yes this is a long term solution and takes months to really get it right but it is SOOOOO worth it!

Comments

It worked before pretty well so I will keep you updated

I remember having a small blackhead when I was around 14. Somehow, I found a Clean and Clear stringent bottle at home and that's when my acne story started. I rubbed the whole thing on my face several times per day and of course, all hell broke loose on my face. At 15 my face was full of pimples and oily and the more pimples I had the more I was scrubbing my face with sponges, soaps, picking at it. My face became so oily and I started going to the dermatologist (who said skin destruction???). I noticed that everyone in my family has flawless skin. My grandma, my aunt, my mother, everyone!!!! and they did nothing but wash their faces with water. Ok after, retin a, duac, ponds, face steaming and everything all of you already know....a around 16 I was still using duac gel and I was smart enough at that age to notice and actually pay attention to MY FACE telling me not to put anything on it... I was basically only washing with water and putting a pea size of duac gel at night and that was ALL.... I had very nice skin, people were telling me how flawless my skin was and I was even modeling!! nut you know... once you suffer from acne, especially as a teenager, you tend to suffer from this "body dismorphia" and then want to fix something that is not broken. When I was 18 I started to wear Armani foundation and wanted to have a skin care routine, wearing sunscreen, etc. I started to break out horribly!!!! but stupid me did not stop but researched for more and more products!!!! my skin has been kind of bad for the past six years with good periods when I was only using jojoba oil and dr bronner's soap. Recently I had the worst breakout of my life!!!.... while I discovered that gluten and dairy were causing deep pimples, I believe it has been my fault as I have irritated my skin so much. You know that inflamation will show through your weakest system or organ; so if you are constantly irritating your skin.... you know which is potentially your weakest organ. Anothe rimportant point is that I do not care at all about my body skin...I do not even wash my back!!!! not even my neck (you would say ewww so gross) but My skin is FLAWLESS I have never got a pimple on my neck or back or anything... up to some last week I was doing TCA peels, 30% glycolic peels, bha, AHA, sea salt...OMG!!! I started a regimen with Caudalie products and while my skin felt better as I was hydrating it, I started to get a skin rash and little whiteheads. I am starting from this week to wash my face only with dr bronner's soap and moisturise with jojoba oil until I only get down to water. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED!!!....I forgot...I was using BP before but I just stopped some months ago...I use it like once a month and my skin IS SIGNIFICANTLY less oily and I stop having as many clogged pores. First week update: Hi guys, I eneded up not using the dr bronner's soap as I had a gut feeling it was going to make things worse for me (you can clean your toilet and clothes with that stuff!!) I have left my face alone this past week. I have only cleaned my face twice with oils (50% castor oil 50% hemp seed oil) but besides that I haven't washed my face not even with water. My skin is healing SO FAST. I had a "sleeping"cyst if you know what I mean. I tried to BP the hell out of it in the past but nothing happened and I have it since JUNE!!!!! well, it came to a head this week and it is healing pretty fast. My skin tone is evening out. My oily skin is better and better each day. I got a whitehead on my forehead and it went away overnight, My acne hyperpigmentations are not read as before but they blend more with the color of my skin. I will update every week. So far I am sooo happy. The healing I have seen this week I would have seen it probably in four weeks when using all the stuff I was using on my face.

Hi Jck17, Glad to read that your skin is healing very fast! Have you also cut down on the consumption of carbs and sugar to aid the skin healing? Starting from today, I have decided to wash my face just once a day to remove my sunscreen and make-up - I'll see how that goes, but I'm sceptical as sugars and carbs tend to break me out. I have noticed that if I eat more vegetables and less carbs, sugar and junk, my acne is less inflamed and tends to heal quicker, but this way of eating is difficult to maintain at times. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hiii! So sorry! I just read your message. I totally believe I messed up the skin on my face and that's why any type of internal inflammation/imbalance was showing up on my face. I am a health freak. It's been like 9 years since I las ate McDonald's and I don't even remember what ice creams tastes like haha. When I was using products, if for any reason I had something cooked with batter or tiny traces of cheese or any dairy I would instantly breakout on painful inflamed pimples. I HAVE TO WARN you... reason whywhy I haven't updated my post. I am not using tap water anymore because while doing this regimen I noticed my skin was getting irritated. I live in Paris and they have very hard water here so I wash my face with micellar water and avene thermal water and hair only once a week with Evian or Volvic. I have never had better hair in my life.... just to tell you that please pay attention to your tap water!!! Full of minerals and other thingss. Coming back to food, I only get whiteheads now... no more gross inflamed pimples and I even had by mistake, vegetables with butter.... I almost had a panic attack but I ended back getting one blackhead. I am in a rush but please PM me if you have questions. I am happy to answer!
I mean I ended up getting a whitehead. But anyways, I still do not eat dairy because I feel my body doesn't like it.

It's Working So Far ...

When I was young (Under 15) I never took notice of my skin & never washed it other than when I was in the shower, I had flawless skin & never had any pimples. When I turned 16 I started to wash my face twice a day (AM & PM) and suddenly I kept breaking out, mainly on my chin but I had the odd few elsewhere. I thought it must of been hormonal as I was also suffering from bad anxiety & depression. I tried everything, multiple different cleansers, benzoyl peroxide, cutting out dairy, drinking a gallon of water & nothing was working I constantly broke out every other day or so. Then I read a couple of articles & watched a couple of videos about stopping using products & just using water. It's been a week now & my skin is clear (other than the scars from old ones) & I've never felt more relieved. It makes sense though as I've never had a spot on my chest or back & nor have I ever used cleanser or any products on my chest or back. Hopefully my clear skin continues :)

ITs working

Ok I've been doing this water only regimen for one month now, only showering at night without letting letting the water touch my face until the end of the shower where I just splash my face with cold water using my hands. I have to tell you that my skin is still oily but my acne practically almost gone. I only have 2 big pimples at the moment and the rest is mostly scarring but I can see that they will fade away. It's crazy that I've been messing my face up with all these acne fighing cleansers and medications. For now I will continue to just use water

WATER ONLY SAVED MY SKIN

I only wash my face with water occasionally, if i even wash it at all. I do use a clindoxyl gel cream prescribed my the doctor, but i sometimes go a week or so without it and my skins the same. I used to wear a ton of concealer every day and put layers of makeup on my face, and still look in the mirror and be so insecure. i never had bad acne. I had moderate to mild you could say, just inflamed whiteheads. But they made me hate my face and i would stare in the mirror and cry. Acne affecs you emotionally and mentally. So one day i stopped using makeup. and cleanser. I just put on clindoxyl gel at night time. And this cleared my skin immensly. I now basically never get pimples, just sometimes very small bumps or tiny whiteheads that arent inflamed though. my skin is so much better now that i stopped wearing makeup and using cleansers. Honestly, give it a try:) Again, i still use acne cream but it is doctor prescribed. I hope this helps someone:) good luck to everyone, you are all amazing people and acne does NOT define you as a person:)

Hopeful! Please help!

As a child, I had flawless skin. I had a few breakouts during middle school and decided to see a dermatologist. Everything went downhill from there. They decided to put me on antibiotics and topical, which cleared up my skin for a year but then my skin got 10X worse. I had cystic acne all over my face They decided to put me on more medications and topical and nothing worked. I decided to go to an esthetician and she cleared up my skin but her treatments left me with acne scarring. She did micros, chemical peels, she even had some sort of red light tanning bed. It wasn't actually a tanning bed but those beds are supposed to help with healing. After a few years being with her, she decided to move and my skin decided to get worse. This time, I had enlarged pores and an orange peel skin texture. I went to the dermatologist and they suggest to go on Retinoid again. I didn't see any improvements so they suggested to try fraxel. Of course, I decided to do that because as an acne sufferer for 8 years now I was helpless and depressed. I just wanted something to cure my skin. I finally decided to quit all the chemicals and just clean my skin with water these past two weeks. My skin doesn't break out as much and isn't red or inflamed. I really wish that I never decided to see a doctor for my skin and just washed with water but I can't dwell on the past and I just have to be hopeful this will get better. I now know that if I ever have kids, not to trust doctors so easily because they're mostly in it for the money, unfortunately. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation? Also, has anyone had their pores minimize by washing with only water? I know breakouts have been getting better for most of these reviews but Ihaven't seen anything for pore sizes or orange peel textured skin. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated!!

Hello, It's nice to know that this regimen is working for you also. I have been doing regimen from more than a year now. I also have pores problem but now they are not as huge as they were before. As far as acne is concerned I still breakout sometimes but its not as bad as it was before. Hope it will help you.

Acne sufferer for 17 YEARS

As the title says, I've been suffering from acne for over 17 years (I'm in my early 30's now). As you can imagine I've used everything on the market incl. medication (Neutrogena, cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Nivea, Clearasil, Simple, Balea, Lavera, Sukin, Shiseido, Epiduo, Duac, Tetraysal, etc etc..) The list of products I've used is long and I can't remember all of them, I've used very expensive things and anything in between. I've been to countless dermatologists and nothing really worked. In the beginning of this year I had a really bad break out. I cleared that with going completely dairy free (and it has remained acne free ever since), but one spot is still hanging on for dear life. Doctors claim it's acne vulgaris. But I still believe that's a load of cr.. You would get more than one spot and it would go within weeks and then come back in a different area on your face. Anyways, after getting loads of meds prescribed (which cost me an arm and a leg) I've decided to stop using ANYTHING on my face. No water, no moisturiser, no makeup, no toner, no serum, no oil..NOTHING. I'm on day 4 today ,and yes I realised this is a bit early for a review, but I wanted to post anyways, because things are happening. My face doesn't feel tight anymore, it's less red and the weirdest thing yet: My pores are cleaning themselves, it seems. They are literally pushing out little white worms of sebum. I've never seen anything like it. The spot on my face is still there at the moment, but I can imagine that it might go down soon. Our skin is our biggest organ and it needs to be left alone. I truly believe this. We spend so much money on all these chemicals and do they ever work? No, they wash off your oils and leave you needing moisturisers and you're back at square one. I'll try this caveman regime for 30 days now and leave all water off of it. After that I might try cold water once a day (evening) to see how that goes. I'm a bit scared of the dead skin mask that people talk about, but maybe it won't be so bad. Also, I mentioned this before, I will not use ANY makeup. This will be hard , as I love foundation and all that jazz, but the skin needs to be left alone completely. I might update, if anyone wants to hear about it. Until then I can only say: Leave your skin alone. Most men don't do anything to it and look much better than most women without makeup.

does it also decrease blackheads ?
How was it?

Please read!

I have had cystic acne for over FOUR YEARS! That's a long time. 😂 I was only ten years old when it started, which is just great right? Here's what cleared my body (and face) acne. 1. Wash only with water. No soap. Body, and face! 2. Shower (water only!!) in cold or lukewarm water. Hot water drys your skin out, and opens the pores to bacteria, which will obviously make it worse. 3. Drink PLENTY of water. Distilled or bottled water is best for you, and your skin. I drink about 6 bottles of water a day, though I'm trying to drink more recently. Keep yourself hydrated! 4. NO TOUCHING. Picking, popping, poking, or scrubbing will only make your acne worse. Hands off! :) 5. Get plenty of rest, and go to bed and wake up at the same time. It's easier said than done, but try your best. 6.EXERCISE! Sweat it up! Rinse with water after a good workout, but don't stop exercising. It's good for your skin as well as the rest of you. :) 7. And above all else, just ignore your acne. I know that's hard to do, (believe me I know) but don't let it bother you. Lots of people have acne, even though those people are conveniently the people you don't know. I promise other people have it. I did, and not stressing about it helped the most. Leave it alone and use your time doing for others instead of worrying about your skin. Whenever you are tempted to worry or pick, just find something to do that will bless someone else. Think about somebody other than yourself for a while. There are far greater problems in this world than acne, even though acne can be very debilitating for your confidence. Good luck!

hey! I have a question. I never wash my face anymore, occasionally just with water. (i have never had severe acne just moderate and mild, some whiteheads ect.) i am on clindoxyl gel prescribed by the doctor, and was wondering if its better to wash your face with water or to not wash it at all?

TRY IT!!!!

I'm honestly shocked. I've had moderate acne since middle school, and a mess of hyperpigmentation spots all over my face. I've tried every medication, wash, treatment on the market- onexton, retin-A, tazorac, clindamyacin, epiduo, even natural stuff like apple cider vinegar. I had the last straw when washing my face with HONEY majorly broke me out. My sister said to try just water. I thought "my skin is so oily, that will only make it worse!" BUT I was desperate and guys.... it's a miricle. After 2 DAYS- my pimples from the breakout are all FLAT. My red hyperpigmentation is even faded! I'm barely even oily by the end of the day. I'm so happy. My only regret was not doing this months ago! My regimen is to simply splash cold water on my face every morning and before bed. I let my face air dry too. THATS IT- no spot treatment or anything. Just water or it won't work!! It's truly amazing. I know you might be skeptical like me, but when your acne is as bad as mine was you're willing to try anything! I hope this works for you, best of luck to all of you!!! :)

So are u 100% clear from acne now?

20 days in.

I am 22 years old, and have had acne and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and forehead for the last 6 years. I had tried so many things, including Dan's regimen. I settled on using Dan's BP, with Cetaphil moisturizer and cleanser, and these got me somewhat clear for a while, but never cleared my acne 100%. Previously I had doing my facial routine twice a day, and for the longest time I thought that I had extremely oily skin, as it would literally take 4 blotting sheets to soak up the excess oil on my face. Now I realize that BP was actually causing me to overproduce sebum, rather than to control it. It worked at first but after 4 years, I think it has much less of a positive effect on my skin now. I noticed that my skin did not heal quickly, causing hyperpigmentation. I believe now that BP kills the acne bacteria, but in turn, damages the skin's natural ability to heal and function normally. I tried to quit BP twice in the past, using natural remedies, and I also had one previous crack at the caveman method. Both times, I broke out like crazy, as if I was going through withdrawals, and therefore I quickly switched back to BP. This last time, I decided to do a water only wash, but only in the morning. The whole point is to allow your skin to get back to a point where it can function on its own, without interference from other chemicals or excessive washing. Initially I went through a period of very dry skin, which was such a contrast to the permanent shine of excess oil that I had been dealing with before. My skin was just fine for maybe a week. About a week and a half to two weeks in I started breaking out intensely. Little red spots on my forehead and whiteheads all over my cheeks. This difference though was that these came to a head and healed much faster than before. Still though, my skin looked about 2x as worse as it had before. I was so close to quitting at this point. Cut forward to about 20 days, I feel as if my skin is much more healthy. It still feels dryish and tight with some excess oil production, but I am getting almost no new breakouts now, and if I do get some, they are very small and not irritated, much different from what they were before, and they heal fairly quickly. I really am seeing a difference. My hyperpigmentation that previously took months to lighten, seems to be lightening up as well, strangely. I did try the PURE caveman method once before, with no water whatsoever, and this did NOT work for me, so again, this may not work for everyone. In addition I don't think this will necessarily work if you are 16-18 and in the height of puberty, as I really think that my hormones are pretty balanced at 22, and my acne is now different than it was when I was that age. I will keep you all posted! I have high hopes.

Any updates worth sharing? How's this going for you?

It works for me!

I used to struggle and be so self conscious of my skin. Three months ago, I had skin that was borderline horrendous. People who were close to me said I had to take better care of my skin. Little did they know I was trying EVERYTHING! I started cleaning my diet, avoiding dairy, using bentonite clay, natural face masks and everything you can think of. I was so angry and sad since I tried so much and nothing worked. I kept waking up to some new pimple in the morning. Fast forward three months and here I am so happy with my skin. Two days ago, my friend said my skin was glowing, and BOY, was I so happy to hear that! For the past three months, the only thing I've been using on my skin is water and sunscreen. I kid you not, I did not get a single NEW pimple ever since. While the old ones took their time going away, it was sure worth the wait. ALSO DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE, THIS IS SO IMPORTANT, NO POPPING ESPECIALLY! I did get a little tan by using only water but my skin is GLOWING! I really hope this review will help someone. I can eat whatever I want now and feel so happy knowing I don't have to check for new pimples everyday. Using cleanser on my face was the problem for me, this may not work for you but its worth a try. I wash face twice a day with cold water and pat dry, I don't wear moisturizer at night. I only use a Japanese sunscreen from the brand "Biore"during the day. Good luck guys!

Do you just let water run in your face? No rubbing? Or exfoliating?
Hi! I've decided to start a water only regime too and I use Bioré's 'watery essence' sunscreen as well. How do you clean up/wash off the sunscreen at the end of the day?

"Wash" face with water once daily

I had a perfectly clear complexion in high school, but right after graduation, I began cleansing my face with cleansers because I had a small "breakout" on the corners of my nose. I say "breakout" because I know now that it was just severely red, dry, and cracked skin. Slowly more and more breakouts began appearing. I kept trying products, oil cleansers, milky cleansers, gel cleansers... Nothing worked! So just last week I took a breath in and asked myself, "what did I do in high school"? The answer was, of course, nothing! I "washed" my face once a day with warm water (sometimes I would apply a toner when my skin felt dirty) and applied a moisturizer afterward. It's been one week, and I have nothing on my face. It even cleared up during that time of the month (For the girls out there wondering) No new breakouts and the old ones are healing. I am so happy in my skin and my pockets are thanking me too!!

Advice please

Today is my Day 7 of washing my face with water only. One the first 3 days, everythg was okay, only some whiteheads coming out around my chin. But then, on the following days, 3-4 red bumps bumping out. I'm not sure whether it works or not. I only wash my face with water in the morning and the evening. But my face is still very oily. What should I do? I am so anxiety. Should I continue?

I would recommend using a spinning facial brush, just to get rid of any dead skin that might be building up and clogging pores :)
Using a facial brush seems like a bad idea. Counter intuitive to the whole, leave your face alone mantra and would create aggitation which is the main thing we're trying to avoid?

how to wash your face properly

Wash your face twice a day. Use cetaphil soap. Use face tissue or disposable tissue to wipe your face and dont rub your face just be gentle to pat it dry. I never use towel to wipe my face dry coz' it feels rough. If i have a pimple, i use lipstick at night (non glossy lipstick, basically red lipstick), dont put too much. Its healing after a day. Dont pop your pimple to avoid more pimples to spread. Drinking a lot of water can help reduce pimples. Also calamansi or lemon juice with one tablespoon sugar in water. I Hope that this will help you reduce your face skin problems. Until now my skin keeps improving. Just be discipline to follow the steps. Just post your comments below if you have other concerns related to this.

I Also discover alternative for lipstick. Try calmoseptine ointment on pimples. It helps reduce itch, redness and shrink pimples.
Cetaphil soap (gentle skin cleanser) is full of bad ingredients. It only has a few ingredients, but most of them are bad for you. I literally can't even wash my face with that stuff, it turns bright red afterwards and gets tight and dried out. You're best off skipping cetaphil.

best thing i ever did..DON'T WASH YOUR FACE

omg i have tried a lot of products, a lot of natural routines (ESPECIALLY), and not washing my face with water has literally saved my skin. when i tried to go natural with yogurt, it helped my skin but i still got pimples. i tried the washing with water only, broke out lmao. epsom salt, same thing. i tried this natural tea tree oil serum, that helped my skin the most at the moment, but I was STILL GETTING PIMPLES. then, one day, i was lazy and i didnt wash my face at all (NO WATER). when i woke up, my pimples literally disappeared. i continued for a week and all my pimples VANISHED. literally VANISHED. my skin is 100% clear now. my forehead no longer has little bumps. the only thing i do now is a moisturizer every 2 days after i take a shower so my skin wont be so dry. and every week i use yogurt to gently exfoliate...but the main thing that fixed my skin was NOT WASHING WITH WATER. TRY IT!!! btw i have mostly dry skin with oily nose and sometimes oily tzone. idk if this would work with oily skin, but i no longer have oily forehead either.