x

Not Washing or Water Only reviews

4.1/5 - 155 reviews

miracle
Reviewed on January 19, 2018

It works!! seriously, I have used all types of cleansers, toners, mosturizers, and other products to keep my skin clean but i just ended up getting even more pimples in the morning. I looked up using only water after my brothers acne cleared up since he used nothing on his face at all and its been great. I wash my face first with warm water to open the pores, then rinse with cold water to close them. Nighttime I do the exact same thing but at the end I use bio oil on my face and go to sleep. Literally only done this for a week but my face is glowing and I've gotten no new pimples whatsoever.

Has worked so far but..
Reviewed on January 9, 2018

Seems to be working so far (on day 6 now) but at the end of the day my skin looks horrible, oily, and there are some dead skin cells on the surface. I think this will work better if you are using a very gentle cleanser like sanex 0% every 2 - 3 days just to clear the dead skin etc.. This way you will stay mostly clear without having layers of dead skin at the end of the day. I will update this review at a later date to tell you how it went. (Gonna start putting in the sanex tomorrow every 2 - 3 days).

Update: Quote from my topic on the forums:

"

I've noticed that when I use this product (Sanex Dermo Sensitive skin) I got a pimple the next day.

I'm on the water only regime right now but I made a 1 day exception to remove excess dead skin on my face.

I've found out that it contains pore clogging ingredients

1.  Sodium Laureth Sulfate

2.  SODIUM CHLORIDE

3.  SODIUM LACTATE

I  considered switching to Sanex Zero % then I found out it also had some.

"

I guess my solution will just be finding a cleanser for daily use or every few days that contains only the ingredients absolutely necessary to clean my face.

Try it! It really works!
Reviewed on November 19, 2017

I didnt know whether to write under the water only or jojoba oil blog but here goes......

I'm a 23 year old woman who's had breakouts since I was 10. I have dry sensitive, acne prone skin. I have moderate acne. I used different otc acne products since then. Nothing ever really worked. I minimized my junk food intake since 2013 to just once a week. It helped but it wasn't enough.

When I break out, I used to get frustrated and overwash with cleaners, I would pick, hoping to scrape the bumps off my face. Just a month ago I did just that and I got a horrible breakout and I got so angry and I just felt like my face was gonna always be like this.

Then I looked at the rest of my skin on my body......the rest of my skin is nice and I hardly manipulate with it. So I thought to myself maybe that's what I need to do with my face.

So since 2 weeks ago, i've been washing my face with bottled water and a rag. Being that I also have dry skin, I decided to try an oil, being that I wanted the most natural moisturizer. I was looking for non comodegenic or an oil with low comodegenicity (Idk if that's a word loll). So I chose jojoba oil.

Since I started this regimen, my face had cleared up tremendously!!! I still have a couple acne scars (I use aloe Vera gel straight from the leaf for this). Water, aloe, and jojoba oil is all I use and the results are beautiful! I love how my face looks now!

by AmusedDog20 on 01/08/2018 18:41
Did your face start to become dry once you stopped using the otc products? I'm on day 4 of this regime and my face hasn't broke out since. The only thing I notice is it's starting to get dry. Not an uncomfortable dry, I just notice it. It looks like its drying up my pre-exisiting acne also. I wasn't sure if this was normal or if i needed to start using an oil?
The most effective "treatment" or lack there of for bacne (folliculitis)
Reviewed on November 10, 2017

Before:

Face: Mild Acne (2-5 active pimples and 1 cysts every other week) - High inflammation

Body: Severe Acne (Follicultitis) with about 5-20 pimples and 3-8 cysts - High inflammation - Affected everywhere: Chest, shoulders, sides, lower back, buttocks (the worst place ever)

I have tried washing frequently and ended up with dry-oily bacne.

I have tried not showering as frequently, and ended up with oily bacne.

I have tried "non-comedogenic" washes/lotions/moisturizers on my face and body, only to have more breakouts.

I have tried eczema washes and gentle soaps and cleanser, to no avail.

I have tried washing my face multiple times a day or just every other day, both different, yet acne prone results.

Tried head and shoulder as a wash, anti-fungal washes, BP washes, Anti-bacterial washes, and for dandruff, both my acne and dandruff get worse.

Shampooing with typically sold shampoo, causing large scalp folliculitis.

Sports washes made my skin itch and break out.

Antibiotics improve face acne/redness and INCREASES body acne/redness!!!! (Like doubled or tripled breakouts!!)

Currently

Face: Occasional small pimples (1-2 per week) that go away in a day or two, no cysts. Low inflammation. Scarring FINALLY healing from my moderate acne days. Easily cover the tiny zit or two with concealer, but most days I am fine bare faced. Smoother skin, less oily, and only slightly dry. (Also dark circles under eyes went away since upping my water and sleep a bit)

Body: 1-2 pimples per week (small) and no cysts, and low inflammation. Scarring and post-inflammatory marks fading. Less oily and dry, smooth and perfect balance rather than being oil AND dry combination.

What I do now:

Shower 1-2 times a day. Short showers, 3-5 minutes.

Only use non-dyed shampoo.

Use cool to lukewarm water.

Only use dr. bronner soap in the groin and "crevasse".

No body wash or conditioner.

Lightly splash cool water on face. Never wash my face or use moisturizer.

I change bed sheets a few times a month. Two weeks without changing MAX!

Guzzle water. Like 12-24 glasses of tea, coffee, or water. (I used to drink 5-10 glasses)

I use baking soda to wash clothes, or occasionally get expensivish unscented hypoallergenic detergent

My new "routine" actually saves me time and money (TONS OF $$$), along with clearer, softer, and smoother skin. I feel comfortable with my partner rather than opting for a shirt to cover zits. And apparently, I am "angel-soft", have "beautiful skin" and smell "extremely clean". Little does he know I used to have horrible acne covering the entirety of my body a few months ago.

I wish someone had told me about this technique sooner! I have wasted so much money and time to literally make my skin red, dry-oil, inflamed, and prone to infection.

How did I not know about this sooner???
Reviewed on November 7, 2017

After getting off Accutane last year and still breaking out, I was done. I was so frustrated - Accutane had been the cure for both of my brothers!!

I finally decided to tackle my diet and cut out dairy/gluten/alcohol/caffeine/sugar and slowly introduce them back in to see what made me breakout. The problem is, my acne never really cleared up, so how was I supposed to tell if any of the foods were making me breakout? I was searching this website for an answer, for a cure!! I finally stumbled upon the phrase "caveman regimen" and people saying it actually cured them, along with eating better. I thought maybe this could be it. Maybe this could be the cure!!

My regimen is no water, no products, no makeup (except eye makeup) and no touching - and it's working!! In the first two weeks, it COMPLETELY cleared up my cysts. I started getting some whiteheads (which is not normal for me, I normally get cysts only), but they would shrink and push out the pus very quickly and totally on its own - WAY faster than when I had used BP or any other product! My pores are shrinking, my hyperpigmentation is fading and my skin is becoming less oily. The first two weeks I had to blot it everyday but now I don't even have to do that.

I did put a little bit of jojoba oil around my nose but then I had some whiteheads so I'll stop that. Also because it cleared up ALL of my cysts, I was able to start introducing inflammatory foods back into my diet with very obvious results!! I KNOW now that dairy definitely causes cysts for me and gluten has no effect on my skin at all. Neither does alcohol. Sugar is the only other thing that I'm still testing out in varying amounts to see how much my skin can handle without breaking out.

I do eventually want to add foundation back into my routine because I miss the way it makes me look, but I definitely don't want to do it at the expense of my new clear skin! I'm thinking I'll wait even more until my skin is super balanced and healthy and then play around with the idea. (I've completed three weeks with this regimen and this is my experience. I think I might wait until after three months to start introducing foundation.)

NOTE: I do want to say that I think the reason this worked so well for me was before I quit all products, I slowly weaned myself off. I had been using an all natural cleanser and only used BP as a spot treatment instead of all over my face. I also had just finished a parasite cleanse where I was eating super healthy. If you are using a ton of chemicals on your face and eating really processed, sugary foods, quitting cold turkey is NOT a good idea! Your body needs time to adjust. Yes this is a long term solution and takes months to really get it right but it is SOOOOO worth it!

It worked before pretty well so I will keep you updated
Reviewed on October 15, 2017

I remember having a small blackhead when I was around 14. Somehow, I found a Clean and Clear stringent bottle at home and that's when my acne story started. I rubbed the whole thing on my face several times per day and of course, all hell broke loose on my face. At 15 my face was full of pimples and oily and the more pimples I had the more I was scrubbing my face with sponges, soaps, picking at it. My face became so oily and I started going to the dermatologist (who said skin destruction???). I noticed that everyone in my family has flawless skin. My grandma, my aunt, my mother, everyone!!!! and they did nothing but wash their faces with water. Ok after, retin a, duac, ponds, face steaming and everything all of you already know....a around 16 I was still using duac gel and I was smart enough at that age to notice and actually pay attention to MY FACE telling me not to put anything on it... I was basically only washing with water and putting a pea size of duac gel at night and that was ALL.... I had very nice skin, people were telling me how flawless my skin was and I was even modeling!! nut you know... once you suffer from acne, especially as a teenager, you tend to suffer from this "body dismorphia" and then want to fix something that is not broken. When I was 18 I started to wear Armani foundation and wanted to have a skin care routine, wearing sunscreen, etc. I started to break out horribly!!!! but stupid me did not stop but researched for more and more products!!!! my skin has been kind of bad for the past six years with good periods when I was only using jojoba oil and dr bronner's soap. Recently I had the worst breakout of my life!!!.... while I discovered that gluten and dairy were causing deep pimples, I believe it has been my fault as I have irritated my skin so much. You know that inflamation will show through your weakest system or organ; so if you are constantly irritating your skin.... you know which is potentially your weakest organ. Anothe rimportant point is that I do not care at all about my body skin...I do not even wash my back!!!! not even my neck (you would say ewww so gross) but My skin is FLAWLESS I have never got a pimple on my neck or back or anything... up to some last week I was doing TCA peels, 30% glycolic peels, bha, AHA, sea salt...OMG!!! I started a regimen with Caudalie products and while my skin felt better as I was hydrating it, I started to get a skin rash and little whiteheads. I am starting from this week to wash my face only with dr bronner's soap and moisturise with jojoba oil until I only get down to water. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED!!!....I forgot...I was using BP before but I just stopped some months ago...I use it like once a month and my skin IS SIGNIFICANTLY less oily and I stop having as many clogged pores.

First week update:

Hi guys, I eneded up not using the dr bronner's soap as I had a gut feeling it was going to make things worse for me (you can clean your toilet and clothes with that stuff!!)

I have left my face alone this past week. I have only cleaned my face twice with oils (50% castor oil 50% hemp seed oil) but besides that I haven't washed my face not even with water. My skin is healing SO FAST. I had a "sleeping"cyst if you know what I mean. I tried to BP the hell out of it in the past but nothing happened and I have it since JUNE!!!!! well, it came to a head this week and it is healing pretty fast. My skin tone is evening out. My oily skin is better and better each day. I got a whitehead on my forehead and it went away overnight, My acne hyperpigmentations are not read as before but they blend more with the color of my skin. I will update every week. So far I am sooo happy. The healing I have seen this week I would have seen it probably in four weeks when using all the stuff I was using on my face.

by Wrenby on 11/08/2017 13:42
Hi Jck17, Glad to read that your skin is healing very fast! Have you also cut down on the consumption of carbs and sugar to aid the skin healing? Starting from today, I have decided to wash my face just once a day to remove my sunscreen and make-up - I'll see how that goes, but I'm sceptical as sugars and carbs tend to break me out. I have noticed that if I eat more vegetables and less carbs, sugar and junk, my acne is less inflamed and tends to heal quicker, but this way of eating is difficult to maintain at times. Hope to hear from you soon.
by Jck17 on 11/22/2017 16:46
Hiii! So sorry! I just read your message. I totally believe I messed up the skin on my face and that's why any type of internal inflammation/imbalance was showing up on my face. I am a health freak. It's been like 9 years since I las ate McDonald's and I don't even remember what ice creams tastes like haha. When I was using products, if for any reason I had something cooked with batter or tiny traces of cheese or any dairy I would instantly breakout on painful inflamed pimples. I HAVE TO WARN you... reason whywhy I haven't updated my post. I am not using tap water anymore because while doing this regimen I noticed my skin was getting irritated. I live in Paris and they have very hard water here so I wash my face with micellar water and avene thermal water and hair only once a week with Evian or Volvic. I have never had better hair in my life.... just to tell you that please pay attention to your tap water!!! Full of minerals and other thingss. Coming back to food, I only get whiteheads now... no more gross inflamed pimples and I even had by mistake, vegetables with butter.... I almost had a panic attack but I ended back getting one blackhead. I am in a rush but please PM me if you have questions. I am happy to answer!
by Jck17 on 11/22/2017 16:50
I mean I ended up getting a whitehead. But anyways, I still do not eat dairy because I feel my body doesn't like it.
It's Working So Far ...
Reviewed on September 12, 2017

When I was young (Under 15) I never took notice of my skin & never washed it other than when I was in the shower, I had flawless skin & never had any pimples. When I turned 16 I started to wash my face twice a day (AM & PM) and suddenly I kept breaking out, mainly on my chin but I had the odd few elsewhere. I thought it must of been hormonal as I was also suffering from bad anxiety & depression. I tried everything, multiple different cleansers, benzoyl peroxide, cutting out dairy, drinking a gallon of water & nothing was working I constantly broke out every other day or so. Then I read a couple of articles & watched a couple of videos about stopping using products & just using water. It's been a week now & my skin is clear (other than the scars from old ones) & I've never felt more relieved. It makes sense though as I've never had a spot on my chest or back & nor have I ever used cleanser or any products on my chest or back. Hopefully my clear skin continues :)

ITs working
Reviewed on September 1, 2017

Ok I've been doing this water only regimen for one month now, only showering at night without letting letting the water touch my face until the end of the shower where I just splash my face with cold water using my hands. I have to tell you that my skin is still oily but my acne practically almost gone. I only have 2 big pimples at the moment and the rest is mostly scarring but I can see that they will fade away. It's crazy that I've been messing my face up with all these acne fighing cleansers and medications. For now I will continue to just use water

Hopeful! Please help!
Reviewed on August 15, 2017

As a child, I had flawless skin. I had a few breakouts during middle school and decided to see a dermatologist. Everything went downhill from there. They decided to put me on antibiotics and topical, which cleared up my skin for a year but then my skin got 10X worse. I had cystic acne all over my face They decided to put me on more medications and topical and nothing worked. I decided to go to an esthetician and she cleared up my skin but her treatments left me with acne scarring. She did micros, chemical peels, she even had some sort of red light tanning bed. It wasn't actually a tanning bed but those beds are supposed to help with healing. After a few years being with her, she decided to move and my skin decided to get worse. This time, I had enlarged pores and an orange peel skin texture. I went to the dermatologist and they suggest to go on Retinoid again. I didn't see any improvements so they suggested to try fraxel. Of course, I decided to do that because as an acne sufferer for 8 years now I was helpless and depressed. I just wanted something to cure my skin. I finally decided to quit all the chemicals and just clean my skin with water these past two weeks. My skin doesn't break out as much and isn't red or inflamed. I really wish that I never decided to see a doctor for my skin and just washed with water but I can't dwell on the past and I just have to be hopeful this will get better. I now know that if I ever have kids, not to trust doctors so easily because they're mostly in it for the money, unfortunately. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation? Also, has anyone had their pores minimize by washing with only water? I know breakouts have been getting better for most of these reviews but Ihaven't seen anything for pore sizes or orange peel textured skin. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated!!

by 916 on 10/21/2017 18:31
Hello, It's nice to know that this regimen is working for you also. I have been doing regimen from more than a year now. I also have pores problem but now they are not as huge as they were before. As far as acne is concerned I still breakout sometimes but its not as bad as it was before. Hope it will help you.
Acne sufferer for 17 YEARS
Reviewed on August 9, 2017

As the title says, I've been suffering from acne for over 17 years (I'm in my early 30's now).

As you can imagine I've used everything on the market incl. medication (Neutrogena, cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Nivea, Clearasil, Simple, Balea, Lavera, Sukin, Shiseido, Epiduo, Duac, Tetraysal, etc etc..) The list of products I've used is long and I can't remember all of them, I've used very expensive things and anything in between. I've been to countless dermatologists and nothing really worked.

In the beginning of this year I had a really bad break out. I cleared that with going completely dairy free (and it has remained acne free ever since), but one spot is still hanging on for dear life. Doctors claim it's acne vulgaris. But I still believe that's a load of cr..

You would get more than one spot and it would go within weeks and then come back in a different area on your face. Anyways, after getting loads of meds prescribed (which cost me an arm and a leg) I've decided to stop using ANYTHING on my face.

No water, no moisturiser, no makeup, no toner, no serum, no oil..NOTHING.

I'm on day 4 today ,and yes I realised this is a bit early for a review, but I wanted to post anyways, because things are happening.

My face doesn't feel tight anymore, it's less red and the weirdest thing yet: My pores are cleaning themselves, it seems. They are literally pushing out little white worms of sebum. I've never seen anything like it. The spot on my face is still there at the moment, but I can imagine that it might go down soon.

Our skin is our biggest organ and it needs to be left alone. I truly believe this. We spend so much money on all these chemicals and do they ever work? No, they wash off your oils and leave you needing moisturisers and you're back at square one.

I'll try this caveman regime for 30 days now and leave all water off of it. After that I might try cold water once a day (evening) to see how that goes. I'm a bit scared of the dead skin mask that people talk about, but maybe it won't be so bad. Also, I mentioned this before, I will not use ANY makeup. This will be hard , as I love foundation and all that jazz, but the skin needs to be left alone completely.

I might update, if anyone wants to hear about it. Until then I can only say: Leave your skin alone. Most men don't do anything to it and look much better than most women without makeup.

by dwight282 on 10/01/2017 12:59
does it also decrease blackheads ?
by Veiljune5 on 12/20/2017 14:47

• Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org