No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet Reviews

No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Meh

After consuming little to no dairy for roughly 5 months (there were a couple of times where I ate it in small amounts accidentally), I will say that it cleared up my back and chest, but not my face. Nice, but not what I really cared about. I do, however, like the way my body feels now. I think by needing to avoid dairy, I've also ended up avoiding a lot of the "bad" foods I used to eat a LOT of before, because dairy is basically in everything in one form or another. And while I'll probably start eating pizza again occasionally, I think I'll continue with this diet because of that, and the fact that it DID improve the skin on some parts of my body at least.

Comments

The most effective treatment for me

I made an account just to write this review. It may seem difficult at first, but please try to avoid dairy(rice milk is a wonderful alternative). The horrible cystic acne I used to get went away completely. Sure, I still get a pimple here and there. However, they’re super small, and go away within a few days. When you cut out dairy; you cut out a lot of bad and sugary foods, too! Along with this, opt for gentle cleansers. Try and treat your skin like a baby. No scrubs. No fragrance. Look at Cerave and LaRoche Posay. Go look up Dr Dray(dermatologist) on youtube and korean skincare routines. Changed my skin for the better, and I hope it’ll help someone else :)

It 100% works give it a try

I had acne all over my face, now i almost never breakout since i give this is a try.

Comments

Everyone with acne must try it!!

I had acne for 20 yeras and I don't believe it was so simple to eliminate just stop eating/drinking dairy. It was like magical for me, it stop right away! Of course it took a wile to get ride of the one that was already there, but it works! I fell very angry because I went to several doctors my hole life and I got so many drugs that made me so sick! The pills gave me severe migraines that i had to go to ER when I was only 15 years old. I kept going to the emergency for years and doctors keep pushing me the contraceptive pills, telling me that I had POS and that was the only way for me. And imagine that the POS stop when I stop to have loads of sugar and processed food! The acne got better when I stop with sugar, but I had still acne coming. And getting ride of the milk it was the magic! Now I have scars that I am eliminating with micro needle. So I will tell my magic: No dairy, no sugar (just in fruits- eating the entire fruit, and not just the juice - the fibres are essential for the sugar doesn't mess with your hormones) Eating tons of different types of vegetables, good wholefood organic multivitamins, water and exercising! I wash my face with Castile soap, hidrate with organic argan oil, and organic Vitamin C- everything is 100% natural. My skin and my hair is better than ever! And everything else, my digestion, body, energy, humor, rinites, migraines! Everything got better! I just wished someone had told me that when I was 15.

Let me start by saying I never leave comments online, nor do I create accounts specifically for this purpose! but I feel the need to support this review from ComelyCobra. I too am on the road to becoming acne free after 15+ years of struggling with little to no improvement. I too have tried everything available to fight my acne such as topical and oral treatments, alternative treatments like cosmetic (facial) accupuncture and essential oil based products. Blood analysis tests, you name it. Nothing worked. I, like most everyone suffering from long term acne, resulted to thinking I would have to live with this for the rest of my Life. If you are like me, we are often told or come to think that acne is just “part of life” or “in our genes” but I am writing this to tell you that I am living proof that is not true or that it can be changed. I am 29 years old and have been suffering from moderate to severe acne since the age of 12 years old. I also struggled with back acne. The most effective thing I ever did to clear my skin and improve my overall health has happened within the last 6 months. As did ComelyCobra, I cut out dairy (Milk, ice cream and cheese most affected me) reduced sugar intake and cut down on meat consumption. This, in combination with water and light physical activity, was what my body needed to reset itself after all these years and hormonal struggles. No more birth control pills to help regulate my body, no more failed acne treatments, just all natural. Eat healthy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Be conscious of the products you are putting on your skin, and the ones you are putting in your body too. I hope this can help inspire someone just like me who searched countless blogs and sites hoping for some true advice.
You mentioned you eat whole grains - do you eat whole grain bread? I'm curious if you still eat bread with the success you've had. Have you cut out all dairy completely? And how long did it take for you to see results after cutting out dairy?

Amazing results

It's been 9 weeks since I went off dairy. I'm still drinking lactose free milk. Bacne has disappeared, acne on face has cleared except for at period along jaw. Even cellulite seems to be improving. Less sebum produced by skin. Highly recommended. Have suffered from acne for 13+ years. Commit to it for 8+ weeks before deciding whether it has worked for you or not

Try it!!

When I was younger I never really had acne. A few pimples every couple of months, but that was it. After I had my daughter I started having horrible acne that just kept progressing! They were cysts and mostly on my chin (sometimes nose and near eyebrow) and I tried everything. Stuff helped such as aloe Vera gel, salicylic acid, and spot treatments but nothing prevented it. Some cysts would stay for 2 months+ and I was just so damn embarrassed. I would try to hide my face, cry, everything negative. I'm 21, almost 22 so I've been having it since I was 19. I read about dairy causing acne so I decided to give it a try. When I say I gave up dairy I mean everything, not just milk, cheese, and ice cream. I look at ingredients and make sure there is NO dairy! That means snacks, certain bread, and so on. I have been doing this 5 days and my acne started going away and I haven't had one pimple since! I honestly can't believe it! I also avoid all meat except certain fish. I still eat sugary snacks and junk food, so I believe it's dairy in general. I say give it a go and avoid ALL dairy and meat for Atleast 3 months. Although it works for some, nothing works for all. & remember most people have acne! Don't feel alone!!

It took 6 months

I have struggled with severe acne for almost 20 years. It was all types but mainly cystic all over my face. The last year was the worst and I am 33 years old. My face had small bumps all underneath my skin and I was never without cystic acne. Finally I gave up lal dairy and seen no improvement the first two months and then I could see my skin was purging all the stuff that was under the skin and they were all coming to a head. By 4 months I had only a few bumps left under my skin and maybe one cystic spot that month. Now at 6 months my skin is completely clear, even when the sun shines on my face there isn't one bump on my face. I have tried everything too and this was my last hope. The key is to not give up and to cut down on your sugar intake also. I have heard of other and taking up to 9 months before seeing huge results but the good thing is once it's gone your whole life changes.

thank you so much I'm going to try this!

Best thing I've ever done for acne!

I've had acne for four years and found that it was just getting worse and worse. I had tried everything to get rid of my spots and even went on antibiotics twice but it barely did anything and my skin began looking severe, mainly on my chin and forehead. I would never wear makeup so I knew that that wasn't the reason for my acne, but I had lots of dairy products every day. However, I didn't think that that was the reason as I ate healthy meals, never had fast food and found lots of articles online that stated that your diet has nothing to do with your acne. Four months ago my skin began getting extremely bad so my doctor recommended going on accutane. He made it clear that it should be my last resort because of the side effects, so I decided to go on a plant based diet to see if my skin improves. This lasted for just under a month, the day after I had my first day just eating salad and fruit (I took spirulina for calcium and protein and mixed that with a teaspoon of honey and a whole lemon to take away the taste of it- it didn't taste too bad) my skin already improved A LOT. I also felt a lot more awake and I didn't bloat at all. A week past and my skin completely cleared, I was just left with a load of red acne scars all over my skin and forehead (which I still have). I gave up my plant based diet so I could eat fish and eggs, but completely got rid of meat and dairy products out of my diet. I have a shot of vinegar every morning as well as a cup of green tea which is left overnight so all the nutrients go into the water. I have oats for breakfast everyday which has maca powder, and I still have spirulina. I only use fruit as my source of sugar. My skin sometimes breaks out on my forehead and a tiny bit on my chin, but I think that it's hormonal, my skin gets back to normal within a week. Sometimes I will have a small pimple or too as well, but it's nothing compared to what my skin used to be like. I've even had people telling me how much my skin's improved. I defiantly recommend getting rid of dairy, it's worth a try but dairy may not be the reason for your acne. Make sure to have enough calcium, etc and make sure that you're also eating healthy whilst on your dairy free diet (so no fast foods, chips, crisps, etc). I also found that exercising every day improved my skin. I go on a twenty minute walk every morning to school and a half hour walk back. Every evening I have a exercise routine which I do outside so I have some fresh air. It always makes my skin look so much more brighter and clearer! Good luck for anyone going on this dairy free diet, it's so worth it! I hope this helped :)

Comments

I have moderately severe cystic acne

History: I have had moderately severe cystic acne for three years. But I have had acne for 10 years. I am not on birth control. I got off antibiotics 10 weeks ago. I am currently using retin a micro 0.1%. I have been drinking a gallon of water a day for over a year now. I have been dairy free, gluten free, meat free, soy free, and nut free ( allergy ) for 11 weeks now. My skin has actually gotten worse. Side note: I could be purging from the retin a but I doubt it. I am getting 2-3 new cysts a day. The retin a is actually helping with clearing the cysts up in days rather than weeks... if I don't touch them. I am also taking a lot of supplements ( saw palmetto, zinc, probiotics, turmeric, b-complex, Maca root, vitamin D ). Nothing is working. My skincare is very good, and I take very good care of my skin. I have recently gotten rid of all grains, not just the gluten free grains. Still getting new cysts everyday. Obviously there is something wrong with me. I am posting this because I want others to know that you could still be doing everything right in the diet department and the skincare department and STILL have cystic acne. I'm giving it 4 more weeks and then I am going back to eating how I want to eat. I'm tired of being hungry all the time. Living off of veggies is hard and expensive. Accuttane may be my next step. EDIT: It is now exactly 2 months later! I have not had dairy or gluten for 4.5 months now. I have not had grains for 2 months now. I AM STILL GETTING A NEW CYST EVERY SINGLE DAY. I got my hormones checked by my doctor.... and after 8 tests and a lot of money spent..... my hormones are normal. Normal, yeah you read that right. I can't believe it. I just KNEW my hormones had to be the culprit because this makes no sense. So next month I am going on accutane. Wish me luck.

Too much supplement & beauty products worsen your body & of course your skin. Here are simple tips for me, hopefully it works well too: 1. Vit C 500mg daily supplement 2. Drink 1 spoon Extract Virgin Olive Oil + 1 spoon honey before sleep 3. Basic skin care (face wash, toner, serum + sunblock AM) that contain healing ingredients (Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica), search Klairs from wishtrend. Avoid products that contain harsh ingredients: alcohol, SD alcohol, SLS, SLES etc. 4. Don't forget meditation to release stress or walking around 30 mins in the morning. 5. Weekly treatment: 2x a week, honey + clay. Don't give up, I need 3 months to see the results :)
Hey! I wanted to give a recommendation from my own experience with restrictive dieting and acne. I’m a vegetarian. My diet is very bland and basic e.g. tofu, sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, fat free Greek yogurt, oatmeal, quinoa. I definitely don’t eat enough vegetables but I eat plenty of fruit. I’ve alwasy had mild acne through my twenties but nothing makeup couldn’t coverup. Whenever I prepped for fitness competitions and carb cycled/cut calories my skin would start to break out more. I also know my hormones would go off balance during the last few weeks of prep because I used to get blood work done regularly. My point is I think I�t would be better for you skin to add some foods back in. Try adding clean complex carbs and soy. If you’re always feeling hungry and only eating vegetables all day your putting a lot of stress on your body which will increase your cortisol levels. I wouldn’t be surprised if your hormones were wacky with your type of diet. Try to focus on a clean wholesome diet instead. I hope this can help you.

Not a cure but it helps

Make sure to include a healthy diet, water and tea (instead of coffee).

Comments

The only thing that ever improved hormonal breakouts!

I've been completely off dairy for about 3 weeks now, and WOW!! When my monthly break-out attack came around, I had like maybe 2 small pimples as opposed to attack of the jawline and temples/forehead. In the 30 years of my life (15 of which I've battled the hormonal breakout attack), I was blown away. Do I need to add that I've tried it all, OC and prescription meds/masks and saw very little effect? I'm never going back to nasty cow milk, yogurt, and cheese. Plenty of vegan and plant-based substitutions out there! My face and my health are far more valuable to me.

Difference in just 5 days

Hi everyone! So I decided to go completely vegan for (what I hoped would be) 2 weeks after watching What The Health. Mainly for my skin and the extra energy because I am actually a professional athlete. After about three days I actually saw a huge difference in my skin. On day 6 however, I had a stressful moment and ended up downing a pint of Ben and Jerry's 😑☹� The next morning I had cystic acne all over my chin and on my forehead, which was practically cleared up. After another day of dairy binging, I finally got it together and cut out the dairy again and am trying to focus on that aspect before cutting out meat entirely. I am limiting meat to only when I go out to a restaurant though, as sort of a treat for myself. Needless to say, it has been three days since my reset and my skin is starting to heal again. No new bumps and the previous bumps have not grown! I would recommend trying it, I was skeptical at first but I'm so glad I did. I have spent hundreds of dollars on facials and acne creams to try to keep it in check when in reality I should have just prevented it with my diet!!

Depending.

It definitely makes your acne a bit better. Diary contains many hormones and we humans are not meant to consume diary in any way. Our bodies are just not made for it. Cutting it out completely though, broke me out even more, I like to enjoy cheese from time to time and nice food. Lots of food contains diary (powder form). The stress it gives to keep leaving it broke me out more than something eat a bit of cheese.

Comments

The single best thing we've tried.

Giving up milk is the single best thing we've tried for acne, and that includes oral and topical antibiotics, BP, teatree oil etc. The former meat lovers pizza forehead is now a few tiny whiteheads, barely visible. It's now about week 8 and the improvement has been gradual, but obvious from the start, so if you're going to try dairy free, give it at least 8 weeks. We are very strict. No milk chocolate, for instance. No cake, no butter or yoghurt and definitely no milk or cheese. We drink soy milk. and instead of cream on our dessert, I make fat bombs from coconut oil, cocoa butter and ground hazelnuts. For cheese sauce, say for mac and cheese, I make a vegan mac and cheese sauce, but I add lard and coconut oil. And where I used to use butter for frying, I now use 50:50 lard and olive oil. And for cakes I make almond based cakes which are also gluten free.

Comments

This has truly changed my life

I promised myself that if this worked, I would write a review for others who have struggled with acne because these acne blogs have always provided me with a significant source of comfort during the my many years of breakouts and suffering. I've had moderate/severe acne for years- started developing it when I was around 12 (I'm now 28), and it just never seemed to stop. I've also been going to dermatologists since I was 12, because my parents were always really supportive of helping me try to find a cure for the acne. I have tried pretty much everything out there - various antibiotics, salicylic acid (never seemed to do anything for my skin), BP (bleached the sh*t out of everything and made my face feel like a brillo pad), retin-A micro, proactiv, murad, supplements, laser treatments etc. The list just goes on and on. Finally when I was 23 I finally decided to go on accutane and something finally worked! However, it came back. Went on it for another 6 months, and yet the acne came back again after about ten months of no breakouts. Eventually, after switching dermatologists, I was put on spironolactone which finally kept my deep cystic acne at bay, however I would still get regular whiteheads and pustules every few days or so. I've been on spironolactone now for almost two years and a couple months ago my skin took a turn for the worst and the cystic acne would not stop coming. I was breaking out bad, with the type of cysts that will leave scars no matter what you do to help flatten the damn things down. It seems that the spironolactone had finally stopped working, even though I've been on 150mg, which is a pretty high dosage all things considered. All of that being said, there was one thing I hadn't tried, going dairy free. For some reason, I think a part of me has been believing that my acne can't be the result of something diet related because why in the hell does everybody else I know have no acne, but can eat cheese all the live long day!? The truth is we are all different, but some of us are just more greatly affected by the HORMONES in DAIRY. I stopped eating all dairy, and poof, NO ACNE, and I mean NONE. It literally happened over night. and no, I am not exaggerating. I have not had so much as a single pimple,like not even a tiny, little, surface-level, zit since cutting the dairy out. I could actually cry from relief- and also because I'm so mad at myself for not trying this sooner; If i had, then perhaps I wouldn't have the hundreds of acne scars on my face that I do now. However, all that matters to me now is learning how to live a dairy free life and regain my confidence back! I know this post is long, but I felt the need to give you some of my back story because I know how others might be reading this and thinking that I only had surface-level acne, but that is not the case. If you have deep cystic acne, please try this. You owe it to yourself. I know cheese is amazing, but at least try to see if dairy is what is affecting your skin so that you can regain control over your body and health. The most frustrating thing about acne for me has been the fact that I've felt so helpless- but not anymore!!

Did you also stop eating fast foods like burgers without cheese and etc ?
I basically have a similar diet to what I had before I cut out dairy, just no dairy of any kind - so yes, I'll definitely eat a burger, I just won't get cheese on it. And I absolutely won't eat anything from a fast food place.
I have been trying this for about 3 weeks now, and I can see a big difference. (my acne is hormonal, same as you I think) But sometimes I get one hurtful pimple in my jawline and I don't know if I ate something with dairy that I did not know. My question is: does it really affects? I mean, a little portion of milk on the ingredients of a bread, for example? and what about butter (regular one). That's the only thing I haven't been really strict, so maybe that's the problem. Thank you very much!!! your testimony gives me hope!

This cleared my acne

I had moderate acne for the past year. Was put on Differin about 9 months ago and used/continue to use it every night as directed. While it helped clear up the bigger, deeper pimples, I was still breaking out with small whiteheads and small pimples all over. I heard that cutting out dairy helped some people, so I decided to just try going completely vegan. It's been almost 2 months now and my skin is nearly perfect, with only 2 healing spots leftover from old pimples. I noticed results within 2 weeks of cutting out dairy and meat. I can't guarantee that this is what helped me and not the Differin, so I do continue to use that as well and keep up with my face routine as normal. I definitely recommend giving up dairy for 2 months just to see if it would work for you. It was so worth it to me.

So you're still you're on diet?
Hey thanks for sharing! How is your dairy free diet going? What are the results on your acne after 5 months? Do you still get pimples? Thanks in advance :)
Yes still on the "diet". It's going well, I'm very used to it by now! Skin is completely clear unless I have a cheat day and accidentally eat cheese..then I get a pimple automatically the next day. Other than that, no skin problems anymore!!

How long

Hi guys! I have now been on the dairy diet for 3 days now... and I just wanted to ask how long do you think it actually takes to see the differene? I know it's only been a few days but I'm getting impatient, because at the moment I'm not seeing much of a difference right now, or maybe only a little bit. I know I'm being a little bit stupid, but just let me know guys what you think!

it took about 10 days for me to see the start of a change, and from then on it got better.
Definitely longer than 3 days. And read ingredient lists! I used to buy these honey sesame cashews from Trader Joe's. l loved them. Then upon actually reading the ingredients in them, I saw they had milk. Milk may not even be IN the ingredients list, but then listed at the very bottom in bold, along with other allergens contained in the food. And beware of WHEY. It is a dairy protein and is in EVERYTHING.

Working well! ( I think..)

So I'm 18 and after a couple of years of on-off bad acne I finally gave in and decided to cut dairy out of my diet. I decided to do it at a particular flare up in my skin at the beginning of 2017 when i was just feeling awful and felt like I had tried everything else. It took a week of dairy free for me to really see a difference... and there was a good difference! For the first week i saw no change though and was close to giving it up but decided to stick it out for 2 weeks because it would make sense to take time to see effects. After 1 week exactly my skin drastically changed. Its difficult to explain but it generally took away the oily greasiness of my skin, and when i looked in the mirror it didnt look as angry, red and inflamed and wet with grease. But the main thing is that I wasnt getting my usual new 3-4 spots a day!!! my skin was calm, no longer angrily, producing spot after spot. HOWEVER and this is a big however, I'm not entirely sure of the effect of dairy free alone. One week after going dairy free was when I started taking saw palmetto supplement, probiotics and evening primrose oil.... and it was around that time that i saw the difference. So its difficult for me to isolate the effect of dairy free alone. About 1 month later, I stopped taking those supplements temporarily for 1 week (because i ran out) but did continue dairy free. I had been dairy free for about 1 month at this point and i thought i had it all sorted. HOWEVER my skin went back to its normal self, oily red inflamed.. 3 spots a day etc... I was confused and it shows that it wasnt the dairy free which was having an effect it was the supplments!!! Dairy free didnt work alone..... But then last week i accidentally ate some toffee popcorn compleltey forgetting that it had milk in the ingredients. i was taking supplements at this point, but because i had broken my dairy free, i did have 4 more spots on my face over two days and the oilyness retuned for 1 day. SO this shows that dairy free does work and have a difference... i think the moral of this tale is that, for me anyway, i need to combine dairy free diet with other supplements for the desired effect. In terms of the pain of not having dairy in the UK there are plenty of substitutes... you can get dairy free butter (its not actually butter though obvs) spread, chocolate, biscuits, chocolate puddings, milk obviously, cheese, pizza and theres plenty of nice food which is not dairy; namely crisps, some popcorn, sweets..... *note that i have PCOS hormone imbalance related acne and that dairy free might work differently for that

Comments

Magic of diary free meal

I'm 44. I have had acnes and cysts since 11. I read about diary causing acne online. I stopped taking in any diary products for 5 weeks. My skin now is so clear. I had my facial treatment last week, my beautician was so surprised how clear my skin is. I had had my facial treatment in February. My face was full of white spots and several cysts. I wish I had known the magic of diary free diet, I didn't have to suffer from acnes for 33 years.

Sorry for the typo. It should be dairy free.
Hi!! How's its going so far? I have been trying this for about 3 weeks now, and I can see a big difference. But sometimes I get one hurtful pimple in my jawline and I don't know if I ate something with dairy that I did not know. My question is: does it really affects? I mean, a little portion of milk on the ingredients of a bread, for example? and what about butter (regular one). That's the only thing I haven't been really strict, so maybe that's the problem. Thank you very much!!!

Nearly acne free, better than prescribed medication

I came online to share my experience with pimples and a dairy free diet. I started getting pimples in 7th grade because I guess that's what happens when you first hit puberty. My forehead and nose were always covered in whiteheads, blood, and scars up until the start of 8th grade. My hair which covered my forehead at the time contributed to the amount of pimples I had. So that was puberty, when my hormones were going crazy. During my years in high school I would get pimples here and there. Sometimes it got pretty bad, sometimes I got lucky and no pimples appeared on my face. My parents brought me to a dermatologist and he prescribed me a cream, forgot the name. I used the cream for about a month, but the only difference was my face would become super dry and I would still get pimples. Sure, the cream does dry out the pimples and it would go away, but it's very uncomfortable, hurts when making certain facial expressions, etc. I stopped using it since then. Once I started college, I was subjected to "college food". There is a A LOT of cheese, A LOT of cheese. Now I love cheese and other dairy products, which is why I ate so much of it. I started breaking out on my nose, chin, and around my jawline, and I had no freaking idea why. I washed my face twice a day using Cerave, a facial cleanser that moisturizes your face, and I tried my best not to touch my face. Despite my efforts, I still kept getting pimples. At this point I'm pretty annoyed, so I look up possible causes of my pimples and I came across the dairy free diet. Apparently dairy products contain growth hormones that cause pimples. During winter break of 2016-2017 I went back home from college and I strictly avoided dairy products. Guess what happened? NO MORE PIMPLES, except for one or two every week. I kept track of this and I wish I had pictures to prove it. In January I returned to college, still strictly avoiding dairy. I go to the gym regularly during the semester, but when I am home for the breaks I don't go to the gym, which means I do not take whey protein either. Once I was taking whey protein again since I'm back at college, I started breaking out along my chin, nose and jawline about the same way I did before I stopped eating dairy. Whey protein is derived from milk and contains growth hormones too, based on the research I did. I cut out whey protein and ever since then I have been nearly acne free with the exception of 1-2 small pimples a week. It's been about 3 months since I went dairy free and cut out whey protein from my diet. My friends, girlfriend and family, even those who have not seen me in a long time, have told me that my skin looks a lot clearer. I am also much more confident about how I look. My acne scars are slowly going away so I just have to wait a couple more months for them to go away. It's easy to go dairy free because we don't really need dairy in our diets. We can get more nutritional value from other sources, such as soymilk. Hope this review helps people. I was excited to share my experience because I am going through the dairy free diet right now. It's probably the best decision I've made so far and easy to incorporate into my lifestyle. Because of my findings I am more skeptical of people who prescribe medications. I'm pretty sure they keep things from their patients/clients for more money. Anyway, good luck!

Are you consuming meat and chicken?

Still Unsure

35 year old female. Started suffering with acne at 15 years old. "Cured" by the pill from age 17 to 29. Been suffering to varying degrees since coming off the pill 7 years ago. I cut dairy completely out of my diet a month ago; milk, cheese, butter and all milk by products. At the same time I stopped using the topical treatment Clearogen that I had been using once a day, and use a natural wash & moisturiser instead. I also started taking a probiotic, Omega 3 fish oils and zinc. I added Agnus Castus too, but I admit I haven't been taking it everyday as I don't like the taste. I started drinking at least 1 cup of green tea per day. I have mild to moderate acne. I usually have about 2-3 active spots at any time. Up until day 10 my skin got a lot worse, with approximately 9 active spots. This then started to taper off. By day 21, I had no active spots. But at day 30, I'm now back to having 2-3 active spots, which is pretty much where I started. It is my time of month though, so maybe this is why, but I can't say for sure. I also have a lot of new red marks on my face from when my skin purged up until day 10. These will take a long time to fade. I am unsure or not whether to continue. I told myself I'd give it a month and see if it improved. I put a lot of effort in and I feel very disappointed that I don't have the results I was hoping for. Do I need to try it for longer? Are there any other vitamin supplements I should add? I just don't know whether to continue or not.

Follow-up review - 8 weeks in - there's a definite improvement. Haven't been doing too much differently than the first 4 weeks, I think it just needed more time to work. I've stuck with my vitamins, and added D3 also. I haven't been as strict with the green tea intake but I need to improve on that. I plan on lowering my gluten intake by cutting out the big offenders. I also need to lower my sugar intake. I will not be cutting them out altogether, just the dairy. I plan to continue dairy free as i do feel now it has been effective. I have been keeping a photo diary of my face the past 8 weeks and the difference is amazing :)

Almost acne free on milk free diet

I had terrible nodular and pustular acne all through my late teens and twenties and my dermatologist prescribed everything from antibiotics to creams to lotions. I eventually went on Accutane and it went away only to come back 6 months later. My doc put me on another course. Same result. The Accutane cleared the acne up but after it was discontinued the acne came back. I went on Accutane several more times. This is extremely rare as I have come to find out. My derms at the time said that diet was not the cause of my acne and that studies showed no link. The one diet factor that was consistent through all this was high consumption of milk. I was consuming up to 1/2 gallon on an almost daily basis unknowingly driving the acne problem. In my late thirties I was reading online some people cutting out milk to help their acne. At the time I was getting by on antibiotics to keep the acne under control and drinking less milk because I was drinking other things like Gatorade and orange juice. I decided to experiment and cut out milk from my diet and anything containing it. Against doctor's orders, I stopped the antibiotics. Low and behold, the acne became almost non existent except for some stray whiteheads every now and again. I kept this milk free diet for several months with great results. Over the years, I have consumed milk to see what happens and within 48 hours I am breaking out in pimples only to be cleared again by stopping the milk. I have no doubt now that in certain people milk can really aggravate and drive acne. I have a huge regret though in knowing how many dollars I could have saved in doc visits and medications not to mention the months of chapped lips and side effects on Accutane if my derm had suggested a diet connection. I despise derms now who swear up and down that diet never plays a role in anybody's acne.

Do you have kids? Please don't mind me asking this. I am currently doing a research on infertility in people who used accutane.

Whole milk is better than low fat/skim milk!

I've been dairy free for 2 months now, and the difference to my skin is honestly amazing. I've swapped out cow's milk for almond milk, and my skin is thanking me for it! Personally I think it's different for everyone - but I know when I switched to almond milk instead it made a huge difference in my skin. I've been following research on it though, and it looks like low fat/skim milk dairy consumption correlates with having acne, whereas whole milk consumption doesn't. You might find the blog about it on the Skin Solutions Dermatology website helpful to learn more.

Can I please ask how long it look before you saw results? Also, did you have a purging/detox phase at first, and if so how long did it last? I am only 6 days in, so I don't want to leave a review yet, but so far I am only seeing more spots appear.

Definitely worth trying!

I always had clear skin until I hit my late 20s a few years ago. For the past three years or so I suffered from moderate acne. People around me said it's not that bad but when you hardly had any problem with skin your whole life having 3 to 4 cystic acne plus PIH from previous ones on your face at all times is a major concern. I tried everything - all kinds of skincare products, different makeup, antibiotics, extraction at dermatologists' office, etc. Nothing was permanent and some made it worse. Two weeks ago I went dairy-free thinking there's nothing to lose! I can't say my skin cleared up right away because I tried new moisturizer during the first week, which was disastrous. It took about a week for that disaster to fade away. However, I am very happy to say that I have no active acne since then! I still have PIH that is quite noticeable but I am sure it will go away in a few weeks of time. My skin is the best that it has been in three years. I intend to maintain dairy-free diet for a few more months and start experimenting with small amount of dairy products here and there to see how my skin reacts. I understand there is no guarantee that this will work for everybody but it is surely worth trying.

It rescued my skin!

I'm moderately lactose intolerant but I was eating the "healthy" dairy products: Greek yogurt, butter, cheeses, etc. I was also getting about 3 or 4 new cysts on my cheeks a day and my back and chest were a disaster. In January 2016 I cut out all dairy products. My back and chest acne cleared within *days* - like three days at the most - and I haven't had any cystic acne there since. My cheeks improved a TON but not to 100%. I avoid all "significant" forms of dairy. If I eat a dairy product, I get a new cyst within 12 hours within a very narrow zone of my cheeks, so I know they are related. Even my dermatologist tells men with stubborn acne to avoid dairy because of the hormones. Yes, it means cutting out pizza and ice cream but my clear skin is worth it! This got me started on the road toward solving the root cause of acne.

Popular Nutrition/Holistic