No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.2/5 - 82 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

Try it!!
Reviewed on February 7, 2018

When I was younger I never really had acne. A few pimples every couple of months, but that was it. After I had my daughter I started having horrible acne that just kept progressing! They were cysts and mostly on my chin (sometimes nose and near eyebrow) and I tried everything. Stuff helped such as aloe Vera gel, salicylic acid, and spot treatments but nothing prevented it. Some cysts would stay for 2 months+ and I was just so damn embarrassed. I would try to hide my face, cry, everything negative. I’m 21, almost 22 so I’ve been having it since I was 19. I read about dairy causing acne so I decided to give it a try. When I say I gave up dairy I mean everything, not just milk, cheese, and ice cream. I look at ingredients and make sure there is NO dairy! That means snacks, certain bread, and so on. I have been doing this 5 days and my acne started going away and I haven’t had one pimple since! I honestly can’t believe it! I also avoid all meat except certain fish. I still eat sugary snacks and junk food, so I believe it’s dairy in general. I say give it a go and avoid ALL dairy and meat for Atleast 3 months. Although it works for some, nothing works for all. & remember most people have acne! Don’t feel alone!!

It took 6 months
Reviewed on January 17, 2018

I have struggled with severe acne for almost 20 years. It was all types but mainly cystic all over my face. The last year was the worst and I am 33 years old. My face had small bumps all underneath my skin and I was never without cystic acne. Finally I gave up lal dairy and seen no improvement the first two months and then I could see my skin was purging all the stuff that was under the skin and they were all coming to a head. By 4 months I had only a few bumps left under my skin and maybe one cystic spot that month. Now at 6 months my skin is completely clear, even when the sun shines on my face there isn't one bump on my face. I have tried everything too and this was my last hope. The key is to not give up and to cut down on your sugar intake also. I have heard of other and taking up to 9 months before seeing huge results but the good thing is once it's gone your whole life changes.

Best thing I've ever done for acne!
Reviewed on December 9, 2017

I've had acne for four years and found that it was just getting worse and worse. I had tried everything to get rid of my spots and even went on antibiotics twice but it barely did anything and my skin began looking severe, mainly on my chin and forehead. I would never wear makeup so I knew that that wasn't the reason for my acne, but I had lots of dairy products every day. However, I didn't think that that was the reason as I ate healthy meals, never had fast food and found lots of articles online that stated that your diet has nothing to do with your acne. Four months ago my skin began getting extremely bad so my doctor recommended going on accutane. He made it clear that it should be my last resort because of the side effects, so I decided to go on a plant based diet to see if my skin improves. This lasted for just under a month, the day after I had my first day just eating salad and fruit (I took spirulina for calcium and protein and mixed that with a teaspoon of honey and a whole lemon to take away the taste of it- it didn't taste too bad) my skin already improved A LOT. I also felt a lot more awake and I didn't bloat at all. A week past and my skin completely cleared, I was just left with a load of red acne scars all over my skin and forehead (which I still have). I gave up my plant based diet so I could eat fish and eggs, but completely got rid of meat and dairy products out of my diet. I have a shot of vinegar every morning as well as a cup of green tea which is left overnight so all the nutrients go into the water. I have oats for breakfast everyday which has maca powder, and I still have spirulina. I only use fruit as my source of sugar. My skin sometimes breaks out on my forehead and a tiny bit on my chin, but I think that it's hormonal, my skin gets back to normal within a week. Sometimes I will have a small pimple or too as well, but it's nothing compared to what my skin used to be like. I've even had people telling me how much my skin's improved. I defiantly recommend getting rid of dairy, it's worth a try but dairy may not be the reason for your acne. Make sure to have enough calcium, etc and make sure that you're also eating healthy whilst on your dairy free diet (so no fast foods, chips, crisps, etc). I also found that exercising every day improved my skin. I go on a twenty minute walk every morning to school and a half hour walk back. Every evening I have a exercise routine which I do outside so I have some fresh air. It always makes my skin look so much more brighter and clearer! Good luck for anyone going on this dairy free diet, it's so worth it! I hope this helped :)

I have moderately severe cystic acne
Reviewed on October 12, 2017

History: I have had moderately severe cystic acne for three years. But I have had acne for 10 years. I am not on birth control. I got off antibiotics 10 weeks ago. I am currently using retin a micro 0.1%. I have been drinking a gallon of water a day for over a year now.

I have been dairy free, gluten free, meat free, soy free, and nut free ( allergy ) for 11 weeks now. My skin has actually gotten worse. Side note: I could be purging from the retin a but I doubt it. I am getting 2-3 new cysts a day. The retin a is actually helping with clearing the cysts up in days rather than weeks... if I don’t touch them. I am also taking a lot of supplements ( saw palmetto, zinc, probiotics, turmeric, b-complex, Maca root, vitamin D ). Nothing is working. My skincare is very good, and I take very good care of my skin. I have recently gotten rid of all grains, not just the gluten free grains. Still getting new cysts everyday. Obviously there is something wrong with me. I am posting this because I want others to know that you could still be doing everything right in the diet department and the skincare department and STILL have cystic acne. I’m giving it 4 more weeks and then I am going back to eating how I want to eat. I’m tired of being hungry all the time. Living off of veggies is hard and expensive.

Accuttane may be my next step.

EDIT: It is now exactly 2 months later!

I have not had dairy or gluten for 4.5 months now. I have not had grains for 2 months now.

I AM STILL GETTING A NEW CYST EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I got my hormones checked by my doctor.... and after 8 tests and a lot of money spent..... my hormones are normal. Normal, yeah you read that right. I can’t believe it. I just KNEW my hormones had to be the culprit because this makes no sense. So next month I am going on accutane. Wish me luck.

by AdUt099 on 11/16/2017 02:01
Too much supplement & beauty products worsen your body & of course your skin. Here are simple tips for me, hopefully it works well too: 1. Vit C 500mg daily supplement 2. Drink 1 spoon Extract Virgin Olive Oil + 1 spoon honey before sleep 3. Basic skin care (face wash, toner, serum + sunblock AM) that contain healing ingredients (Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica), search Klairs from wishtrend. Avoid products that contain harsh ingredients: alcohol, SD alcohol, SLS, SLES etc. 4. Don't forget meditation to release stress or walking around 30 mins in the morning. 5. Weekly treatment: 2x a week, honey + clay. Don't give up, I need 3 months to see the results :)
by BlueDahlia on 11/23/2017 16:01
Hey! I wanted to give a recommendation from my own experience with restrictive dieting and acne. I’m a vegetarian. My diet is very bland and basic e.g. tofu, sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, fat free Greek yogurt, oatmeal, quinoa. I definitely don’t eat enough vegetables but I eat plenty of fruit. I’ve alwasy had mild acne through my twenties but nothing makeup couldn’t coverup. Whenever I prepped for fitness competitions and carb cycled/cut calories my skin would start to break out more. I also know my hormones would go off balance during the last few weeks of prep because I used to get blood work done regularly. My point is I think I️t would be better for you skin to add some foods back in. Try adding clean complex carbs and soy. If you’re always feeling hungry and only eating vegetables all day your putting a lot of stress on your body which will increase your cortisol levels. I wouldn’t be surprised if your hormones were wacky with your type of diet. Try to focus on a clean wholesome diet instead. I hope this can help you.
Not a cure but it helps
Reviewed on September 21, 2017

Make sure to include a healthy diet, water and tea (instead of coffee).

The only thing that ever improved hormonal breakouts!
Reviewed on August 23, 2017

I've been completely off dairy for about 3 weeks now, and WOW!! When my monthly break-out attack came around, I had like maybe 2 small pimples as opposed to attack of the jawline and temples/forehead. In the 30 years of my life (15 of which I've battled the hormonal breakout attack), I was blown away. Do I need to add that I've tried it all, OC and prescription meds/masks and saw very little effect? I'm never going back to nasty cow milk, yogurt, and cheese. Plenty of vegan and plant-based substitutions out there! My face and my health are far more valuable to me.

Difference in just 5 days
Reviewed on July 18, 2017

Hi everyone! So I decided to go completely vegan for (what I hoped would be) 2 weeks after watching What The Health. Mainly for my skin and the extra energy because I am actually a professional athlete. After about three days I actually saw a huge difference in my skin. On day 6 however, I had a stressful moment and ended up downing a pint of Ben and Jerry's 😑☹️ The next morning I had cystic acne all over my chin and on my forehead, which was practically cleared up. After another day of dairy binging, I finally got it together and cut out the dairy again and am trying to focus on that aspect before cutting out meat entirely. I am limiting meat to only when I go out to a restaurant though, as sort of a treat for myself. Needless to say, it has been three days since my reset and my skin is starting to heal again. No new bumps and the previous bumps have not grown! I would recommend trying it, I was skeptical at first but I'm so glad I did. I have spent hundreds of dollars on facials and acne creams to try to keep it in check when in reality I should have just prevented it with my diet!!

Depending.
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

It definitely makes your acne a bit better. Diary contains many hormones and we humans are not meant to consume diary in any way. Our bodies are just not made for it. Cutting it out completely though, broke me out even more, I like to enjoy cheese from time to time and nice food. Lots of food contains diary (powder form). The stress it gives to keep leaving it broke me out more than something eat a bit of cheese.

The single best thing we've tried.
Reviewed on June 20, 2017

Giving up milk is the single best thing we've tried for acne, and that includes oral and topical antibiotics, BP, teatree oil etc. The former meat lovers pizza forehead is now a few tiny whiteheads, barely visible. It's now about week 8 and the improvement has been gradual, but obvious from the start, so if you're going to try dairy free, give it at least 8 weeks. We are very strict. No milk chocolate, for instance. No cake, no butter or yoghurt and definitely no milk or cheese. We drink soy milk. and instead of cream on our dessert, I make fat bombs from coconut oil, cocoa butter and ground hazelnuts. For cheese sauce, say for mac and cheese, I make a vegan mac and cheese sauce, but I add lard and coconut oil. And where I used to use butter for frying, I now use 50:50 lard and olive oil. And for cakes I make almond based cakes which are also gluten free.

This has truly changed my life
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

I promised myself that if this worked, I would write a review for others who have struggled with acne because these acne blogs have always provided me with a significant source of comfort during the my many years of breakouts and suffering. I've had moderate/severe acne for years- started developing it when I was around 12 (I'm now 28), and it just never seemed to stop. I've also been going to dermatologists since I was 12, because my parents were always really supportive of helping me try to find a cure for the acne. I have tried pretty much everything out there - various antibiotics, salicylic acid (never seemed to do anything for my skin), BP (bleached the sh*t out of everything and made my face feel like a brillo pad), retin-A micro, proactiv, murad, supplements, laser treatments etc. The list just goes on and on.

Finally when I was 23 I finally decided to go on accutane and something finally worked! However, it came back. Went on it for another 6 months, and yet the acne came back again after about ten months of no breakouts. Eventually, after switching dermatologists, I was put on spironolactone which finally kept my deep cystic acne at bay, however I would still get regular whiteheads and pustules every few days or so. I've been on spironolactone now for almost two years and a couple months ago my skin took a turn for the worst and the cystic acne would not stop coming. I was breaking out bad, with the type of cysts that will leave scars no matter what you do to help flatten the damn things down. It seems that the spironolactone had finally stopped working, even though I've been on 150mg, which is a pretty high dosage all things considered.

All of that being said, there was one thing I hadn't tried, going dairy free. For some reason, I think a part of me has been believing that my acne can't be the result of something diet related because why in the hell does everybody else I know have no acne, but can eat cheese all the live long day!? The truth is we are all different, but some of us are just more greatly affected by the HORMONES in DAIRY. I stopped eating all dairy, and poof, NO ACNE, and I mean NONE. It literally happened over night. and no, I am not exaggerating. I have not had so much as a single pimple,like not even a tiny, little, surface-level, zit since cutting the dairy out. I could actually cry from relief- and also because I'm so mad at myself for not trying this sooner; If i had, then perhaps I wouldn't have the hundreds of acne scars on my face that I do now. However, all that matters to me now is learning how to live a dairy free life and regain my confidence back!

I know this post is long, but I felt the need to give you some of my back story because I know how others might be reading this and thinking that I only had surface-level acne, but that is not the case. If you have deep cystic acne, please try this. You owe it to yourself. I know cheese is amazing, but at least try to see if dairy is what is affecting your skin so that you can regain control over your body and health. The most frustrating thing about acne for me has been the fact that I've felt so helpless- but not anymore!!

by Amy43 on 06/18/2017 00:32
Did you also stop eating fast foods like burgers without cheese and etc ?
by la_paloma on 07/01/2017 08:09
I basically have a similar diet to what I had before I cut out dairy, just no dairy of any kind - so yes, I'll definitely eat a burger, I just won't get cheese on it. And I absolutely won't eat anything from a fast food place.
by Margaret_93 on 09/11/2017 12:06
I have been trying this for about 3 weeks now, and I can see a big difference. (my acne is hormonal, same as you I think) But sometimes I get one hurtful pimple in my jawline and I don't know if I ate something with dairy that I did not know. My question is: does it really affects? I mean, a little portion of milk on the ingredients of a bread, for example? and what about butter (regular one). That's the only thing I haven't been really strict, so maybe that's the problem. Thank you very much!!! your testimony gives me hope!
Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org