Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55 reviews

3.6/5 - 12 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55

Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%).

Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55, 3 Ounces (Pack of 2)
updated: 05/16/2017 04:49 UTC
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55, 3 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 01:55 UTC
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55, 3 Ounce
updated: 05/16/2017 04:49 UTC

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 55

(Accutane) The best facial sunscreen I've ever had.
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

I'm on my 4thy month of accutane.. On the 2nd month, I realized that I needed to buy a facial sunscreen. The regular was too oily and with too much alcohol, it burned. So I did my research and found this sunscreen. I was skeptical at first after seeing accutane users that tried the sunscreen and didn't like it. Finally I bought it and I've been using it for 2 months and it is by far the best sunscreen I'v ever had. I use it for my daily routine or when I swim (outdoors) and it works really good. Sometimes after a while swimming (40 minutes), the sunscreen starts to fade away, but if you are not planing on getting more than 40 minutes on the water, you should be more than fine.

I really recommend this product!

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

I have used a couple of other sunblocks before and all of them were extremely greasy , leave a thick white layer on my skin and very hard to wash off. All of them had a strong sunscreen smell. No such problem with this. A little goes a long way.

I use BP and 10% Glycolic AHA so sunscreen is extremely important to avoid a red face. I have had no issues using it over the BP and AHA and moisturiser. This works very well.

Best I've tried so far.

Cheryl, Florida
Reviewed on March 24, 2011

I have fair skin and I'm outdoorsy. I use to use this all the time, but now I've switched to something a lot less greasy. (Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen is a bit more pricey but completely matte).

Anonymous, California
Reviewed on December 1, 2010

Of course, each product works differently for different people, but this works great for me. I use some pretty harsh treatments to get rid of my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation (acids like lemon juice and apple cider vinegar), so finding a good sunscreen was really important to me.

For reference: I have extremely oily and sensitive skin, and my acne is severe when I don't treat it.

I use a dime-sized amount of this sunblock for my face, after applying moisturizer (jojoba oil and a few drops lavender oil is what I use) and acne medication (which is actually witch hazel and milk of magnesia). I apply makeup on top of all that, and it looks great and feels comfortable. I use it on a daily basis.

This sunblock (which I only use on my face and chest, where I get breakouts) is the best I've ever used. It absorbs quickly, and leaves absolutely no oil, unlike many other brands I've tried.

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a mild white residue, but it's really nothing to complain about. It's very minimal, and takes seconds to rub away. For me, at least.

I definitely recommend this product, especially for oily skin, acne-prone skin.

Anonymous, OR
Reviewed on April 5, 2010

I've used this and the Dry-Touch 70 for years now. I will say that the white finish isn't a problem for me because I am pale to begin with, so it almost functions like a make-up primer. I have very sensitive skin, and I find myself coming back to Neutrogena always. It doesn't make me break out, it doesn't make me oil, it doesn't smell or feel like other sunscreens, and it protects my fair skin. I use this and Cetaphil with good results. No excessive dryness.

Kenneth Welch, Washington, DC
Reviewed on June 22, 2009

is NOT something you wanna use on your face.

i would recommend ONLY for use on Arms / Legs / Neck / Back, etc... i would simply limit sun exposure + use Olay's SPF15 moisturizer (a hat also).

i was sooo pissed when i had to wash this sh!t off my face (over-washing) in order to apply Olay because it wouldn't spread evenly or absorb.

and why the hell does it need to smell good?

Anonymous
Reviewed on May 20, 2009

Recommended for people with Greasy skin, since it isnt moisturising at all. I love it, since my skin is sun sensitive

xiangxiang, Singapore
Reviewed on May 2, 2009

I only apply it on my legs and arms.

babybunny, STL
Reviewed on December 1, 2008

You can't beat its sun protection

its average as far as feeling greasy and looking white tho to other sunscreens

I would recommend it if you like to keep your skin light and avoid tanning or if you burn easily

Jackie, Fresno
Reviewed on October 6, 2008

Don't buy it because I'm going to try other sunblocks with uva/uvb protection that won't make me look paler and doesn't leave weird white things on my face.