Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45 Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45

DO NOT USE THIS SUN SCREEN

After 3 days of using this product, I though I had a case of poison ivy!!! Looks similar to poison ivy without the oozing blisters. Fortunately I only used it on my legs as it itched and dried out my skin leaving small itchy scabs after I stopped using it. Taking over 3 weeks to heal. I would have never guessed this product was causing such a bad rash and itching and I am usually not allergic to much of anything. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Do not buy this product

Please don't risk it! I don't even know how could they possibly sell this product? My skin was EXTREMELY dry and itchy after 2 days. I stoped using it right away and will return it pretty soon. Maybe it didn't work out for my type of skin but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Comments

Makes you break out more

I started a new skincare routine in which I did not include this sunscreen for maybe a week or so, then I noticed how sunny it was getting so I decided to use this unblock specifically because it said that it was non comedogenic since I have moderate acne, it was one of my primary concerns, but oh god, it made me breakout again, it also left a very uncomfortable tingly feeling on my eyelids every time. I was clearing up nicely and this sunblock ruined it. Do not use it. Also it's neither "dry touch" nor "light"

Keb

WHY IS THIS PRODUCT STILL ON THE MARKET?

First of all, I have only given 1 star because I have to in order to post a review, otherwise I'd be saying 0. After thinly applying this product on my face, in less than a few hours I ended up with an itchy, red, swollen, blistering face. I was not in direct sunlight, I had a wide brimmed hat on and I was outside for maybe an hour/hour and a half in the late afternoon. The product has actually burnt my skin. I have been to the doctor and been prescribed a steroid and I am also taking antihistamines to subside the swelling, itchiness and stinging. I thought I'd do a little bit of investigating and stubbled across these reviews. Over 50% of the reviews explain the exact same reaction I am experiencing right now. I cannot for the life of me fathom why this product is still on the market?! DO NOT BUY.

Comments

The worst break out I've ever had

Even when I was a teenager I haven't had anything so bad. It took over 1 year for my skin to heal, but there're still lots of scars on my chin and on my forehead. Before that, I never had to use makeup everyday, it was awful, I've never seen my face like that. If you have a sensitive, acne prone skin, STAY AWAY from this sunscreen!!!! It took me a while to figure out it was the sunscreen that was causing this. This year I gave it a second chance (but instead of using on my face I applied on my chest and back)' terrible idea. (Before that I used ROC Minesol and it was pretty good!)

Comments

Dangerous product that can permanently scar sensitive skin

I started getting a similar reaction to this product as many of the other posters. Now I have extensive, permanent scarring that looks like second degree burn marks with bumps on my neck and both hands (very ugly). It is terribly itchy and does not respondent to steroid treatment or psoriassis lotions. I have to use thick makeup to cover the scars. Stay away from this product. The reaction is so strong that I would't be surprised if it is recalled.

ovv

Tiny pimples/rashes all over the face

After using this product for 4 days, I got lots of tiny pimples and rashes all over my face. My confident level has gone downhill. This is the worst pimples stages I had since my teenage life!! DO NOT BUY! You have been warned!! I am talking with lawyers trying to sue them!! I made the worst decision ever by switching the sunscreen!

kkx
this is happening to me right now, so disappointing, how did u get rid of the little pimples which i thought was perioriall dermititis and did it leave any scars?

As cliche as this sounds, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! so true...

high SPF Most terrible rash/acne break out ever! Hesitant on buying this moisturizer while grocery shopping knowing i'd be in trouble if my skin care teachers at school found out, i proceeded to anyways.. it was a great deal with a high SPF so i thought id give it a try. I used product after using Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub for 3 days. I NEVER breakout, have never had acne in my life! My chin feels tight with dry scabby patches of burning skin, which is tolerant. The 25 tiny pustules on the other hand is not. It looks as if i have baby acne and feels absolutely terrible. Yesterday was the first day i woke up with it, I used a chemical exfoliant from well-known Dr.renaud called "vegetale" along with "penaten" as a night time cream, also used for diaper rashes. Its better today and starting to dry up more but i havent stopped popping the hideous zits. Not sure how long this will last :(

Breakout

Quick absorbing Broke me out I used this on our recent trip to Hawaii and although it seemed good (absorbed well etc.) by the end of the 10 day trip my nose was covered in tiny little pimples that took weeks to go away. I don't normally get that and was using no other new products so it was definitely the sunscreen.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 55

too many to list My 12 yr old daughter used this for 3 days on her face. The first 2 days without incident. By the end of the third day her checks, forehead, nose, chin and neck are covered in a rash of small, red, pimple-like bumps that somewhat burn and itch. We have been treating her with benadryl and I am actually relieved to find these posts/reviews so that we know it is most likely the sunscreen that has caused this. I would not recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin at all. We have been treating with benadryl for 2 days and the bumps are still present. Nasty product. We also bought this product at Costco in a multi-pack.

Guest Paul Klein
Guest Paul Klein

Easy to apply Severe allergic reaction I applied the sunblock liberally one time on my forearms and the backs of my hands. Within 10 hours there was redness, small blisters and extreme itching on the arms and hands. Four days later the skin still itches, is swollen, and is peeling like a severe sunburn. Would suggest testing on a small area before using.

Comments

Projects against the sun Smooth finish High quality May cause allergic reaction / rash I used this the entire summer last year and I loved it until one of the last weeks of august. Underneath my eyes became red and swollen, had to use aloe [more complex vitamin E treatments made it worse] and stay out of the sun for it to go down. I think this was a result of applying the product to skin that was very sensitive (under-eye skin is thin and it may have already irritated from too much time in the sun by that point). I'll still use it, but carefully. Try it on a patch of skin before total use.

Guest Tiffany Bosarge
Guest Tiffany Bosarge

-Protects against UVA rays for aging skin. -Protects against UVB rays for burning. -Waterproof, Sweatproof -Doesnt clog pores -Oil Free -Light weight, dry touch. - PABA Free -Avobenzone 3% That it takes 15 - 30 minutes to dry. but SPF 70 is better. I use this product when i'm out in the sun and for a daily moisturizer. It helps with my acne. Maybe everyone who is talking about the red rash is because they are allergic to something in the product.

Still use the product?
Guest Calvin Silva
Guest Calvin Silva

Non greasy easy to apply Severe rash from both Age Face Shield & Ultra Sheer Sunblock spf 85 Also expensive. I have been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry touch sunblock for a long time, then when i bought my last couple tubes I developed a bad rash on my neck and arms that lasted for weeks.At first i thought it was from the salt water. then after the rash cleared i tried to use the Neutrogena Sunblock cream again in the morning by the afternoon i had huge red burning welts on my arms, neck and face. Now i know for sure its the cream. I think the company should check on the product its now selling this never happened before, it also happened with their Age Face Shield Cream.I liked the product at one time ,but cant recommend it to anyone now.

Comments

None to speak of. Used product for two days and broke out in mild rashes and hives on first day, then turned severe on second day. Pics below. About 4-5 hours after applying to back of neck, arms and legs on the first day, I noticed some mild rashes and hive-like red bumps appearing on the places I applied the lotion. Soon after applying on the second day, the rashes and hives went from mild to severe. Does anybody know any treatments to alleviate this? Any help is appreciated. Detail of rash: [link removed] back shot, note unaffected skin on the areas I didn't apply the lotion to: [link removed]

i got rashes on my face after using neutrogena sunscreen just after two days of usage.i have stopped using it.i never got such allergy from any cosmetic i have ever used.would not recommend this to anyone.
Guest Rhonda
Guest Rhonda

Sun protection but with personal risks After wearing, my skin became quite irritated and red coupled with numerous small 'pimple' like formations where the sunscreen was applied Created a leathery,dry appearance to normally well hydrated skin For me, use of this sunsceen in the future is not worth the ripple effects. I'm now 3 days out from the initial onset of the reaction and have had to forgo much of my lotion regime in order to allow my 'angry' skin to subside. It's just now showing signs that it's settling down.

Comments

Very light. Causes contact dermatitis! Red, small, blistery, itchy bumps all over my face and ears where I had applied the sunscreen! Awful! Do not use especially if you have larger pores or sensitive skin! DO NOT BUY!

Popular SPF 30+