Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

A big no!

This sunscreen..coming from a big brand..claiming to be non comedogenic and all that. Its nothing that it claims..it is highly highly comedogenic(atleast it was for me), it leaves a shine on your skin..so if you live in a hot and humid place you definitely wouldn't like that. I would never buy this product again

Good protection

I am only giving this product a 4 because I have read a lot that Neutrogena products are not natural enough and end up being bad for your skin. Sorry I can't remember all the details. But I think if I hadn't read that, I would have given it a 5 star. At the time I read it, I had just bought a TON of this particular product so I hated to just stop using it. I switched to a non-acne aggravating sunscreen for my face but kept this on the shelf just in case. Now I find that while it isn't my daily sunscreen, it is what both my husband and I use when we are going out for a long bike ride or a walk or some purposeful all day event when I know I will be in the sun. I trust this more for complete protection than my daily sunblock - I never feel it come off when I sweat, it applies very dry, never makes me feel oily or like I have an extra layer on my face. So while I am sad I can't use it daily any more, it remains my go-to on big sun days.

What sunscreen do you use for your face?

Amazing for acne prone skin

I got this sunblock after reading some reviews on here I was very nervous to use it at first cuz most sunblock I got broke me out but this one is amazing doesn't break me out or leave me greasy only down side is that if u don't rub it in good it I'll leave you super white but aside from that it's amazing

A product I can trust. Simple as that

Dries Quickly Dries Matte Non comedogenic I am really liking this sun screen for my face. When the bottle sys fast drying they aren't kidding, this dries up quickly. It feels nice on my skin and isnt oily and greasy. What I like about this is it doesn't just sit on top of my face like oter sun screens. It is truly non comedogenic. My makeup goes on really well over it. It keeps my skin matte which is a big deal because other sunscreens make me look dewy and if I sweat it just sits under the sunscreen. It doesn't happen with this product. It doesn't smell like sunscreen to me it has a lemon scent to it. Which isn't my favorite but I wouldn't go a day without it. I'm using Aha and this product is saving me from sun damage.

Best Sunscreen I Have Found

I have oily skin and applying this makes my skin extremely oily for about an hour until it sets in. If I look closely, it also leaves a small amount of film on top of my skin and I can see where I had applied it. Other than that, this is a great sunscreen for use on the regimen. Until Dan releases his sunscreen (hopefully soon), I would recommend this product.

Guest anne
Guest anne

smells nice little expensive eventually gets oily i have very oily skin, though the product is great for like an hour or so after that it coveres my entire face w sheen, it makes my face even more oily than it was in the first place

Guest Jill
Guest Jill

Isn't greasy Not shiny Great protection Doesn't aggrivate my acne I got it in a twin pack at Walmart for a bargain. This stuff really means it when it says "non-comedogenic." Best sunscreen I ever had!

Comments

Balances out greasiness, doesn't break me out, great to wear under make up, not crazy expensive, lasts for a while Smells like sunscreen I have dry skin with moderate acne, so it gets tricky trying to keep my skin oil free without drying it out (and it does dry out easily). A lot of times my skin will become flakey and when I put my make up on it won't go on smoothly which sucks. This sunscreen doesn't dry my skin out at all. I use it after my moisturizer and before I apply make up. When I do this, my make up goes on very smoothly. I even will mix it with my concealer to cover blemishes and it blends in great. I actually am using the SPF 100 version on this product, because I'm out in the sun a lot and want extra protection. Because I'm middle eastern/italian, I have olive skin and with acne comes PIH. So I worry about the sun darkening the spots even further. When I use this product every day, I notice that the spots fade MUCH quicker than they did when I didn't use as strong SPF. I highly recommend this product. The only thing is is does smell like a sunscreen. It's not very strong, though and I really don't mind the smell. As long as you use other pleasant-smelling products it should be fine.

Guest Alice
Guest Alice

doesn't make me feel oily Doesn't cause breakouts Doesn't dry out my face Does its work A little expensive I would say It feels a bit dry at first Have this sunscreen smell I have oily skin, usually extremely oily on my Tzone. I thought that this product was extremely good for my skin because it doesn't break out my skin nor does it cause it to become even more oily. Bottom line is that it does its job. I usually get those freckles if i do not put on sunscreen, and this is pretty good because it keeps me from getting freckles so far. However, I would have to say that I don't use this product everyday, but I definitely love it when i do use it!

Comments

Isn't greasy, smells good, dries up leaving your skin kind of 'matte'. None It's very important to protect your skin from the sun. After years of exposure it can cause aging all over your face and neck. This is great to put on before makeup, in fact, I mix it WITH my lotion so that my lotion isn't greasy. I recommend this if you are using Dans AHA,

Guest Smile
Guest Smile

- DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT. The "non-comedogenic" label does not lie. All the other sunscreens I have tried have broken me out. - so light that it doesn't even feel like sunscreen. If you are like me, and hate the sticky feel of most sunscreens, you will love this one. - high SPF and PA protection. I spend time playing sports outdoors at school, so I need something that has good protection. - This product is great for people with oily skin. I unfortunately thought that because I sometimes get a shiny nose and forehead, I also have oily skin. Wrong. I have mixed/combination skin, and this product dries my face out a lot, especially my cheeks. Beware people with non-oily skin. - Dries too quickly. This is probably just because I haven't used dry-touch sunscreens before though, so I'm still getting rubbing it in quickly. I always end up with white splotches. As far as sunscreens go, this product is great. Just to find a sunscreen that doesn't clog pores is an achievement I think. I used to have moderate acne, and now that I finally cleared it up, I am conscious about finding products that won't break me out. Sunscreen is important for me because I have acne scars, and the sun would slow down the healing process and seal them in permanently. Dan always raves about the importance of sun protection, so before he develops an acne.org sunscreen, I recommend trying this product. :)

Guest KM
Guest KM

Doesn't cause breakouts Not shiny Works under makeup Runs if you're sweating Hurts eyes If you're going to be going out in hot weather, or doing activities that will make you sweat, be aware that this is NOT very sweat-proof. I had to stop using this on my face because it would run when I was at all sweating, and hurt my eyes so much that they were watering all the time. Don't use this if you're going hiking or something. I decided the non-comedogenic properties were not worth the extreme eye-watering and switched to plain ol' sunscreen for hiking, biking, etc.

Comments

Goes on Sheer (which can be a con if u have dry skin), I like the smell (very guy friendly), Doesn't break me out Sheerness, which will only make u feel dryer if you have dry skin or flakiness from the bp, a bit oily/greasy (not a legit con, as all sunscreens make u feel oily/greasy), Doesn't have zinc oxide, which Dan raves about (has avobene instead) I does the job. Simple as that. Doesn't break me out. Forehead is a bit oily, but 10 mins after I put it on, I use oil blotting sheets on my face to take out the oily and I'm okay for the most part

Guest Elissa
Guest Elissa

Perfect for oily skin. All SPF moisturizers make my skin greasy/sticky, I tried this as a last resort to protect my skin on vacation and was pleasantly surprised. I can't live without it. It dries matte and actually helps control my oil! Smells like sunscreen Doesn't necessarily moisturize (maybe add some jojoba to it if you are flaky) Buy this! If you have oily/acne-prone skin, this stuff is awesome.

Guest Pogo
Guest Pogo

protects from sun not sweat-proof, sort of clogs pores & irritates acne This product is better than most when it comes to greasiness, it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to matte coverage. It isn't sweatproof, and several occasions it ran into my eyes while exercising. I also noticed it aggravated whiteheads a little. My pores are very sensitive to anything that coats them like makeup. I've had better results with gel sunscreen, try Bullfrog's gel (it doesn't moisturize though, contains alcohol)

Comments

Soaks in very easily. Doesn't leave my skin greasy or shiny. Leaves my skin super soft. Protects me better than anything else I have ever used from the sun. None. This product is great! If you have extremely sensitive skin to the sun, like i do, definitely try it!!

Guest Jack
Guest Jack

Matte appearance when applied, absorbs quickly, decreases chance of sun damage, small bottle (3 oz.) but lasts long, not an embarrassing acne medication, smells like sunscreen but scent doesn't linger None After years of trying everything short of prescriptions and having no long-term luck, I finally quit all medicated products and started limiting my regimen to cleansing and moisturizing twice a day with Cetaphil products. This didn't work out as well as I would have hoped, because the Cetaphil moisturizer made my skin greasy, and I'm convinced that it caused acne. After spending some time in sunny weather recently and switching to this product for that trip, I haven't looked back. At morning I cleans and moisturize with this, and at night I cleanse and moisturize with aloe vera gel. It's been a few weeks, and nothing new is popping up, and the last of the red marks are fading. I now have to confidence to do whatever I want, and not be dependent on some acne cream that will aggravate my skin. In fairness, I'm 22 and I don't experience teenage acne. If you're young, you should probably stick with BP for now.

Popular SPF 30+