Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap

Love it!!!!!

I bought this item at Walmart just a couple days ago I have really bad oily skin and I produce a lot of oil on my face when I wake up my face is oily and I always wake up with pimples this product has help me out so much I saw improvement right away after one use this bar of soap saved my life and I only use it in the morning and at night I do have to admit it does make ur face itch and may feel a little dry it will go away soon as long as your not breaking out in rashes you should be fine I totally recommend people with acne to use this product it's not expensive I'll be buying more of this;) I've never been happy in my life all the other facial products just didn't work for me or made my condition worse and didn't help.

Great!

I have tried many store bought products and this one works better for my acne prone skin than any of them, plus cheap to buy! Use with a moisturizer because it does cause dryness.

Good, But cause Dryness

The product is cleansing the face well but it don't actually help with acne I would recommend after washing your face with it to use moisturize to avoid skin peeling

Well, check [link removed] as well.

Like but I prefer Basis bar

I bought this bar(the fragrance-free one) because I had read great reviews about it. I really liked it the couple times I used it. It made my skin softer and brighter and I feel like the glycerin made my skin look younger and healthier. However, it didn't do much to clear up my acne. (mild acne on my chin and cheeks). Recently I've been using basis sensitive skin bar and I really like it so far, it cleared up most of my acne plus it has glycerin as well so I get the healthy looking skin benefits.

Best Value

This little bar works better than anything else i've tried & you can't beat the price!

User410314

Nnnnope!

I've tried this 3x in my life, all 3x led to awful, scaly, rashy acne where there was none before. Glycerin, dammit.

Works surprisingly well

I received this as a sample gift pack in college. Rarely had issues. It's simple, and it just works. Use with a light moisturizer to protect against dryness and peeling. **UPDATE** This was effective in my early 20s/college days. But now at 29, I think this is actually a bit harsh for me. The skin around my jawline and chin has dried out significantly and is quite itchy. ONLY recommended for younger folks with very oily skin and in summer.

Comments

Would recommend, very good cleanser

I picked up this product when the lady at walgreens told me it was one of the best and that it would totally clear my acne. The product itself is quite nice, it ladders up and your skin feels very smooth afterwards but it just didnt do the job i wanted it to do, i thought it was going to help my acne but all it did was cleanse it, and when it looked like it was finally getting somewhere like after 2 weeks it didnt take it all away, the problem with this is, is takes too much time to get some progress done but overall good cleaner would recommend to people who just need a nice cleanser to prevent acne and treat but not very severe acne.

Comments

Worked for my adult acne

Reduce Acne Not over drying Inexpensive It melts away if wet No option if you have acne and aging skin I began breaking out for the first time as an adult, about 5 years ago. My acne is on my chin and jaw and I normally have dozen pimples with twice that many leaving marks as they heal. I stopped wearing make up and tried many expensive products. I use a gentle product and my face breaks out. I use a stronger product and my face breaks out and is itchy and red. I bought this with little hope of it working. began using this cleanser bar with the rapid clear face pads... Wash twice a day, use a face pad at night on trouble areas and non oily moisturizer in morning. It has been about a month and my acne is greatly reduced. I see no new blackheads only a few pimples and my old acne is healing. My skin hasn't been this clear for years!

Love...hate.

Feels clean Helped zits a little Drying Smells like straight up medicine I loved this the first time I used it. It felt like it was getting my skin clear. The smell is awful which is an instant downfall for me. The shape is...odd. It's very rectangular and weird. It can also be lumpy sometimes when you buy it. I would recommend this for people with oily skin. My dry skin however, couldn't take it anymore.

Comments

Left no residue. Made my skin very soft. Non-drying. Glycerine is a humectant, so I found my skin feel hydrated. Great for sensitive skin. Wallet friendly. Doesn't lather up very much, so it's hard to tell how much product is on your hands (or whatever you use to wash with). Doesn't remove makeup well. I have only ever used the Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar on my face, and still use it at night to remove my makeup. After using this a couple of days my family kept commenting on how soft and hydrated my skin was. I would very much recommend this.

Guest peter
Guest peter

good nothing recommended

Guest Blake
Guest Blake

*cheap *really soft and nice on the skin *no yucky scent *makes your face feel really clean, smooth and fresh makes face a tiny bit flakey buy this product, even if you are only going to try it once it works. :)

Guest Kels
Guest Kels

smoothes skin, makes my skin stay less oily throught the day, makes my skin feel super clean. the smell might not sit right for others, but I loveeee it. I've been using this for 3 weeks, and it's kept the pimps at 1 to none. :3 I try my best to wash my face in the morning and at night. That DEFINATELY helps. but sometimes I get lazy. ;)

Guest monica
Guest monica

clears my face and back of pimples, and oil smells weird this works. if you have oily skin and bad acne than it's the perfect product.

Guest AG
Guest AG

Reduces oil in my skin Long lasting bar Makes my skin feel fresh None I can think of Many people claim it dries their skin out, personally; it doesn't dry mine. I do not require a moisturizer after I use this soap on my face, while I do require a moisturizer when I use soaps like Dove and Avon. I like the bar, its a part of my regimen. I think I will use this bar for the rest of my life!

Guest Josh
Guest Josh

Cleared up my face Keeps my face mostly clear Cheap Lasts a long time Dries my skin out in the winter months I've been using this for several weeks now, and so far it's been the best product to keep my face clear. I only get pimples if I drink soda or energy drinks. Those always affect me for some reason. For the price and effectiveness, this is highly worth it.

Comments

Helps with my Acne even though its not meant for it Makes my skin feel clean and smooth I like the smell Last a long time Very affordable Dries Skin bad if you dont use moisturizer directly after wards Dont apply this to your face and leave it on for a period of time it will really dry your skin out. I wash it on and immediately wash it off and pat dry and apply moisturizer (I use cocoa butter) Works great. Other than that its a great product and I will use it from now on and nothing else.

Guest Felicia
Guest Felicia

Works great last long time drys up pimples Dry feeling on face This product is great! I started getting really bad acne on my chin and oil by the creases next to my nose. About 2 days after using this I noticed the pimple were drying up, and not much oil by my nose only thing I don't like is how dry it makes my face feel while using it after a shower ! But I totally recommend this product!!

Guest Kristine
Guest Kristine

very effective for acne washes out oil dries up pimple fast dries out skin i will really recommend this product to help out those in trouble with acne. There are comments that this has no medication on acne but in my case it helped a lot. Got no pimple since i used this product and it was totally amazing. But it will definitely dries out your skin so use a daily/intense facial moisturizer depending on your location. Yes it also washes my make up really well, i dont need to wash it all over again. I use it twice a day, one before bedtime and one in the morning. after your first wash you can feel the diffrence..=) you must try it and see for ur self!

Comments

I have really oily skin, so it took away most of my oil, and left my skin fresh and smooth. It didn't interfere with my other acne medication, and I liked that it didn't contain any acne medication. Smells like lavender. My acne doesn't disappear with this soap, it just helps reduce oil. Only use this as a face wash, not as a medication, as it does not contain any medication! That was a plus for me, as I already use differin, benzaclin, and a face wash with saicylic acid. Works great on oily skin. Seeing as I live in Albany NY, and which is notorious for its cold winters, I didn't want to get my face too dry, because dry skin in the winter can be really painful. This just helps me keep my skin in balance.

Comments

good cleanser inexpensive lasts for ages becomes very drying over time unavailable in the UK my doctor reccommended this but was under the impression it was available in the UK...perhaps it used to be but its not now, searched everywhere but in the end had to import from the US. still very cheap though, cost about £3 and an additional £3 postage so not bad. Overall it cleanses pretty well. The smell really isn't that bad, not sure what everyone's going on about. I was using it for a couple of months (twice a day every day like clockwork) but it started to dry my skin out pretty bad, then when we had some random hot weather a few weeks ago my skin couldn't take any more. It looked like i was getting eczema on my face (Used to suffer with this on my arms/legs but not on my face) this was something I did not want to risk so stopped using it and switched to another Neutrogena product (visibly clear daily scrub) which is going ok so far. I've been using it with 5% diluted tea tree oil (as a substitute for benzoyl peroxide) so this would have contributed to the drying as well, but the combination was too much for me in the end. Overall its a good product but I would avoid if you are susceptible to dry skin or eczema.

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

Dries out the pimples Makes your skin soft Pretty cheap Dries out skin Works great for facial acne. I sometimes just use it in the shower because I have some back acne too.

Guest leelou
Guest leelou

*made most of my acne disapear. *is the only product that i used that has actually helped with my acne. *is very inexpensive and works 100 times better than proactive or all thoose other skin care treatments. *dries out skin if you dont use a moisturizer which i dont use becuz im illergic to most moisturizers. *this product is amazing i use it twice a day. three times a day if i wear make up that day. becuz not only is it good for acne but, it also washes off makeup really well!!!!!

Comments

Smells nice Works great for shaving Slight dry skin Sometimes hard to find. The last time I ran out, it took me weeks to find it at the usual places I shop. I use this for shaving daily, then I apply 2.5% BP treatment afterwards. When I do run out of this and switch to Neutragena's normal (non-acne medicated) glycerin soap, my overall acne level more than doubles.

Popular Bar