Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion

Eh?

This didn't change my skin very much. It did help, but I wanted completely clear skin. It didn't clear a pimple in 8 hours- sad, I know, since there were at least 100 times when I needed that- and it wasn't as effective as I hoped. But, it did smell nice. Kind of citrusy?

User434294

Great Product.

With just two months of consistent use, this lotion has cleared my acne. My face is now clear and smooth. Initially I used it twice every day, but after I started clearing up, I changed to once a day (only at night). I'd recommend it to anyone with mild to moderate acne.

Works well for teens

Good for teens not for adult acne This is the only thing that worked for me when I started breaking out after puberty. I had tried every product and repeatedly went back to this. It helped keep my acne at bay until around my period, I would still break out again. However, I don't think it does much for adult acne.

Comments

Its heals Refrains Cleans And it makes my skin smooth None Im a teen and pimples are the worst things in a teens life but then my mom told me to use hers and my skin has been great! And it's only been about 5 days

Comments

contains salicylic acid, not benzoyl peroxide which dries out your skin.

Comments

Prevents breakouts. Doesn't dry out my skin. Softens my skin. NOTHING. It's an AMAZING product. I think everyone should try it. It works really well, it clears my breakouts fast, gets rid of redness has a nice smell to it, and overall it's a great product! It's the best acne lotion I've ever used so far and I'll continue using it :)

Guest Natalie
Guest Natalie

Made skin really smooth, improved my acne, I now have less redness & I'm less oily during the day none I LOVE this lotion! It has done wonders for my skin. My acne is not gone, but way improved since I started using this 2 months ago. I had very irritated skin when I started using this, peeling, acne, redness....this evened my skin out, and reduced my acne! Give it a try!

Comments

-makes skin soft&smooth -pleasant smell -prevents pimples -gets rid of redness really good! none really. I love this(: it makes my skin uber soft and smooth and really does help prevent,&treat pimples. Gets rid of facial redness pretty quick. Its just really hard to find a good moistuizer for acne prone skin that wont make me oily/breakout. I have clear skin right now(has been for months and im SO happy!) and this is part of the reason. <3

Guest Hil
Guest Hil

I used this lotion along with The Neutrogena Rapid Clear face wash and the sunscreen. I started using it 3 months ago and now my face is almost perfectly clear :) No cons really, its kind of exspensive. Im not completely sure if it was the neutrogena, or my birth control patch kicked in and cleared my face up, because i had started that 5 months ago.. But my face is really clear now and I dont have to wear tons of conceler ! I really think this product works

Comments

Works! Smell great clear- goes under coverup doesn't prevent new acne works in more than 8 hours GET IT! TRY IT! I THOUGHT I DIDN'T HAVE HOPE BUT I DID!

Comments

Light, nice fragrance. Really softened my face. Seems to work!! Really small bottle. Not carried at Target. I have been using this product for a week now and I have not gotten one new pimple since then. It has cleared up my existing pimples and makes my face feel really soft and not greasy. Love it so far!!

-10

None This is NOT, I repeat NOT for sensitive skin!! I have sensitive combination skin. The first couple of days I used it, I liked it, but wondered why the shine control didn't really work. However, after about a week, I had a reeeeeeeaaaally bad allergic reaction to it. My normally pale skin swelled up and turned red. My face got shiny within minutes of using this product!!! Don't use this if you have sensitive skin!!!! DON'T BUY IF YOUR SKIN IS SENSITIVE!!!!!!

Comments

keeps skin from getting oily all day doesn't clear or prevent acne this doesnt clear up acne, but it keeps skin from getting oily, so its great in the summer. I use this with an acne wash even night, and it doesnt dry out my face at all. I also have oily skin, and this took away all the extra shine!

Guest Mindy
Guest Mindy

It's AWESOME! It soothes the skin and removes dead skin cells. none :D This is GREAT! I have been dealing with acne for about 8 years and there have been some ups and downs on the products I've experimented with. I would only recommend this the product to be used the way I use it for max. benefits: Use this during the day and at night use BP (benzoyl peroxide). Before using this lotion I only used BP and although that worked great for about a month the excessive dryness actually caused more and larger bumps. I am very sensitive so its been way to hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts. Finally I found this lotion which moisturizes.. exfoliates and contains 2% salicylic acid which unclogs pores ..prevents blemishes..and also helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles!!! Oh and also.....NOTE: ONLY use neutrogena rapid clear acne defense face LOTION NOT GEL!!!.....the gel is not good!

Guest Gemma
Guest Gemma

None, really. None, really. All I can say is that this product didn't clear anything on my face, nor did it sting/burn. So, basically, it was worthless on me.

Guest Joanne Williams
Guest Joanne Williams

It didn't dry out my face much. I did nothing. I would not recommend this. It did not help my acne at all.

Guest Leann
Guest Leann

Stops breakouts, moisturizing, smells good Did not really work on the acne already present It's worth a try

Guest Kim
Guest Kim

Not sure if it works in 8 hours, but this product was the only thing that has noticeably improved my acne. Small bottle. Product was discontinued in my area :( This was the only product that has worked for me! I have used this in conjunction with Neutrogena's on-the-spot BP cream for maximum effect, but the lotion does work great on its own. I thought my acne was impossible to get rid of until I bought this lotion on a whim about six months ago. Now after my skin is clear I am finding that no stores in my area stock this stuff! Switching to another similar looking Neutrogena acne lotion made breakouts return full force in a matter of 2-3 days. I wish I could find this locally again, I hate to have to order it online. The stuff is pricey enough as it is. If you can find this lotion I would recommend buying some. Be patient and in a month or so your skin will look much better. Size and frequency of acne is greatly reduced (I am referring to cysts, I don't get many blackheads) and scars and skin tone also improve!

Guest Megan
Guest Megan

It DOES reduce redness in 8 hours ! Makes breakouts less noticeable throughout the day, smells pretty good, and you can feel it working. If used too much, it can dry out your skin. The first day I bought this lotion, I used it and the redness reduced in less than 2 hours ! It does moisturize your skin if used only once a day. If you apply the lotion and wait a good 10-20 minutes before applying makeup, you WILL see a difference. :D

Guest t
Guest t

Works consistently and well. Does not dry out skin and helps prevent breakouts better than most products. Helps to unclog pores. None so far. I would really recommend this product above most other BHA and AHA products beacuse it is gently and effective. Be sure to combine it with a gentle cleanser and toner. I use Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Face Wash and a non-alcohol cleanser.

Comments

Works well Does what it says on the tin Works well with similar products in the range Stupidly small bottle Hard to get remnents out Over priced for size of the product It did make an improvement in 8 hours like it said, its easily appliable and doesnt make your fingers sticky, doesnt dry out skin and to yet hasnt stopped working. Good stuff lads.

Guest Melissa
Guest Melissa

it reduce my acne in 8 hrs so i am very happy .... it reduce redness and covers up little bit so it wont be noticeable it's a small bottle so it's not worth the price.... and it doesnt completely clear my skin :( but it works :) it's not bad........i think it's the first WORKING anti-ance product i've used so far......

Guest Nick
Guest Nick

Prevents breakouts, smooths skin, NOT DRYING! I like the fragrance.. Kind of a small bottle, but that's it! I started using this product in December it is now almost May, and I had mild-moderate acne, and am still using it! This proves it works because it worked great in the cold dry months, and it's continuing to work in the warm months. I used to have big bumps on my chin (the kind we all hate) that would take days to get rid of. Ever since I started using this I have only had ONE breakout.. That's extremely good considering it's been almost 5 months. Morning - I use Rapid Clear foam wash, mix Rapid Clear Lotion with Neut. Sensitive Skin Lotion. Evening - Same cleanser, Neut. Alcohol-Free Toner, and then Rapid Clear Lotion. Love it.

Comments

Effective Salicyclic Acid (2%); lotion goes on smoothly; it is not overly drying; exfoliates skin; only a small amount is needed. All of these SA and AHA products seem to have a pungent odor, but it quickly dissipates. Skin tingles the first couple of days, but I liked that. I use this with BP, not instead of it, as recommended by P. Begoun. My skin loves it. My regimen, AM and PM, is this: - Wash Face (wait 5 minutes) - Apply thin layer of Neutrogena Rapid Clear Lotion (wait 5) - Apply thin layer of Dan's BP (wait 10-15 ) - Apply moisturizer or sunscreen It leaves my skin smooth and glowing. I wouldn't want to have to choose between BP and the Rapid Clear SA Lotion; the SA is supposed to act like a booster for the BP, and together they work amazingly well. I love my skin with this routine and these products. (Thanks, Dan, for the fundamental steps and the BP!) One warning: Neutrogena also makes a Rapid Clear Gel, which is horrible. One of the main ingredients is Witch Hazel, which burns and irritates skin. Be careful not to confuse the two when ordering or buying. It might work for you, but I couldn't use the gel.

Guest Girl605
Guest Girl605

Works well. Doesn't trash my skin like benzoyl peroxide does. Smells nice. Cleared black-heads in around two weeks. Has controlled most break-out in the two months I've been using it. I don't need a lotion when using it, as it moisturizes. Doesn't preven ALL break-outs. I've gotten a couple cysts on my chin while using it. But for sensitive skin like mine it's been SO much better than BP. I still have a little redness in the areas around my mouth that are most sensitive to products. Works better than I would have expected for so something that seems so mild. Is able to penetrate the pores much better than the alpha hydrox lotions I've been using for years. They help prevent acne, but dry quite a bit more, and for me, don't clear the pores unless I use in conjunction with BP. This product, however, seems to clear the pores and prevent acne without the BP. Plus, my skin is soft, and doesn't peel every twenty-four hours. Before using this stuff, the area around my mouth began to look flaky like lizard skin by around 3pm every day. Yikes.

Popular All-over treatments