Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula

Good

I use it with my differin. It cleanse the leftover from my skin leaving it perfectly clean then i apply my moisturizer. Voila It drying so do make sure u use a moisturizer.

An ok toner..

I have been using this for a couple weeks now, i haven't seen any changes in fact it hasn't done anything, however it has made SOME of my pores smaller, so i wonder maybe if i keep using it it will shrink more. I wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin since im pretty sure it DOES CONTAIN ALCOHOL. So yeah it is an ok toner, i am positive that there are better ones out there.

Love

This toner burns sometimes but it works great. Using it for now but looking to switch to an alcohol free toner.

LOVE

this product is great and it really help the pores i usually apply it after shower and then follow by diff jel on my acne spot i have nearly clear skin !

Didn't work for me

Unfortunately, this seemed to contribute to making my closed comedones worse and spread to more areas of my face. I really wish I could have gotten better results from this product.

LOVE!

i love this toner!! i have oily skin and after been using this toner for 2 months it helps me alot to dry up my skin but u need to use moisturizer after thats it

Ok Toner if your oily

This toner is full of fragrance :( I have an oily T-zone and normal cheeks. I use it all over my face with no problem. I just follow it with some moisturizer on my cheeks and they are not dry at all. Update: Had to stop using this toner after about 3 weeks, as it really started irritating and burning my skin. Too much alcohol, I think :(

My fav AHA.

smells pretty feels amazing excellent exfoliation none I've tried a few different products with AHA but this one remains my favorite. Most recently, I tried acne.org's AHA+ which wasn't really for me and came back to this. I've now decided to just stick to this product that I love and forget trying others that will just disappoint me. For some reason I really like the smell, which makes it even nicer to put on. I use it everyday, but I have very, very oily skin, so no problem using it that often.It exfoliates very well and just kills blackheads. I have very large pores on my nose, my cheeks (closest to my nose) and my forehead (right above my eyebrows). This does a nice job drying them out and they appear much smaller so long as I regularly use this toner. It makes a very nice canvas for my moisturizer and makeup. I'm never straying from it again.

Guest Corey
Guest Corey

- Seems to work well enough in removing excess oil and makeup left behind after cleansing. - Can cause breakouts and irritation. I think this is a love it or hate it product. Apparently it works well for a lot of people, but I used it for three months and my breakouts kept getting worse. I don't have heavy acne at all, so I was really shocked when the breakouts never seemed to end. Once I stopped using the toner (I felt like it might be too harsh, so I took it out of my routine) my skin started healing up and stopped breaking out. Beware of the alcohol content. I don't think it's a bad product, but it's not going to work for everybody.

Guest rawr
Guest rawr

- It works! - cleans blackheads out - shrinks pores fast - makes skin healthy and glowing - it is drying if used by itself It really works! I just got this product and applied it before going to bed with oil-free dual action Clean & Clear moisturizer. The next day, my pores were almost invisible! My face was glowing, although not all of my problem areas were gone (I only had this product for a day). Since it has Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formulas, it exfoliated skin well and gives it a healthy, dewy glow. If it helps, I have combination tan skin.

Guest Grace
Guest Grace

- Gets rid of dead skin cells - Removes left over dirt and oil after cleansing - Improves skin's texture - Softens skin - Tightens skin - Dries out pimples - Can be a little over drying - Causes redness and irritation on the first use (but eventually your skin tolerates it) A great toner overall!!!

Guest Jake
Guest Jake

This is Amazing, clears acne and makes skin overall appearence look great NONE You want to clear your acne Cetaphil (Morning) + PeterThomasRoth Beta Hydroxy Acid Wash (Nite) + This + Alba Alohe Green Tea Moisturizer = Clear Skin For Anyone (spot treatments you choose but PeterThomasRoth's acne spot treatment works excellent just a lil pricey)

Use Sparingly

Powerful Exfoliant Dryness Irritation It works well when applied once every other day or so, but can be highly irritating if used too frequently or with other acne products.

Guest Kayla
Guest Kayla

Shrinks pimples, makes skin soft, and helps my acne a ton! A little pricey I've tried a lot of over the counter things like stridex, clean and clear, murad, lots of home remedies, yet nothing has really helped my acne. However, I got this a few nights ago and can already tell a big difference. Thanks Neutrogena!

Guest nicole
Guest nicole

helps clear up acne. smells nice. gets extra dirt, oil, and dead skin cells off. it will sting if your skin is dry. i think its drying my skin out but im not entirely sure cause im also using BP. strong scent. has alcohol in it i think the alchol in it is whats making it dry out my skin and also you can smell the alcohol in it too. but other than that its refreshing and it leaves your skin feeling clean and i noticed its helping to clear up my acne. but just so you know, it probably wont dry out your skin cause EVERYTHING drys out my skin.

Comments

clears acne none Haven't noticed a difference in pore size. I used to have slightly severe acne, but after using this toner for about 4 months, my acne has cleared completely.

Comments

Makes my skin soft, seems to heal red spots, doesn't dry my skin out, smells nice. None so far. If you can't find this toner in your store, check the anti-aging/wrinkle section. That's where I found it at Wal-Mart - not in the acne section. This product is working really well for me so far. My face has not looked this soft and smooth in a long time. I have a lot of red spots on my back, not necessarily inflamed but just red. This started clearing those up by the 2nd day. I've been using it for about a week and a half and love it!

Guest Jacqueline
Guest Jacqueline

My skin feels smoothe already even though I just bought it today It stings a little This product works good as I can tell so far. I just wanted to let the others know that I work at Wal-Mart today and found this product 11/13/09 so it is still on the market, still on the shelf

Comments

Cleared up oil on my face and shrunk my pimples Stings a little but it's worth it I've only used this for a day but I feel like I can already see improvements. I guess I'll have to keep using it for a week before I can be sure. My sister never gets pimples and she says this is what helps her to make sure she stays pimple-free. For me, it's a little too late to have perfect skin because I have so many red marks left behind but at least I won't have new pimples. You should definitely try it. Even if it doesn't work, it's only a couple of dollars so it's worth the risk.

Guest Lydia
Guest Lydia

I love this product - have used it for sometime - why can't I find it anymore - hsa it been discontinued? If so, WHY???? Give me back my toner that I love. can;t find it anymore - what's wrong? If Neutrogena has discontinued this product they need a new marketing person - it works great!

Guest Jill
Guest Jill

Effectively removes makeup; evens and brightens skin tone. Feels great! Cannot buy this locally anymore. Walgreens discontinued. CVS and Walmart do not have. Where to find it other than online is a real problem. This has worked wonders for my skin.I hope the manufacturer will work to make this great toner available locally again. I intend to use it for years to come.

Guest POITRASMAMA
Guest POITRASMAMA

It made my skin glow, first time using a toner. I have combo skin, and the beauty consultant recommended I try it out for 2 wks, every night and see if I see change, and it worked made my skin a little red when I first started using it, but went away right after I like using this product it worked for me, as I have a oily T-zone, and my pores have gotten, a lot smaller since I started using it, I would reccomended it,

Guest Kelsey
Guest Kelsey

it really reduced the size of my pores! i was amazed. and it left some kind of natural glow on me after cleansing. it stung a bit when i first put it on. it reduces your pore size. but it stings.

Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

This is the only product that has ever worked for me. I even got so desperate as to try proactive....NOTHING works as well as this. I can not find it anywhere! Even Walgreens stopped selling it! :( This product saved my face. Try it, makings sure to read the directions and warnings.

Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

I LOVE the refreshing scent of this product; very clean... It refines your pores and makes them appear smaller.. evens out skin tone and gives a healthy glow with regular use.. can be slightly harsh on sensitive skin, and skin tends to get more oily once outside (..but maybe thats just Florida humidity ^_^) If you have severe acne (which I used to..), don't use it after a big breakout or on open skin.. it can sting and get red and be irritating, but tones down after a little. The glycolic acid also helps stop any zits that may be forming. *Advice: 1) start using it just once a day and work your way up to twice a day, morning and night as it says to. if you just go straight into using it twice a day it can irritate. 2) don't give up on it if it doesn't even out your skintone right away, your skin takes about 28 days to regenerate a new layer and with continued use of this toner I found my skin to look 110% more even toned with a healthy glow!! very pleasing 3) Definately use an oil-free sunscreen with this.. it can make your skin sensitive to the sun.. 8-)

Popular All-over treatments