Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (Old Formula) Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (Old Formula)

Good (But Not Enough)

And I mean the title of my review* I am 22 now. But I’ve started getting acne all over my face since I was barely 13 and it’s the most worse kind of acne there is. For years, I’ve been relying unto over-the-counter medications. Nada results. Just recently, my boyfriend from Cali brought 3 tubes of Neutrogena On-The-Spot treatment cream. I started applying it since four months ago. I could say it helps lessen the redness and minimize breakouts though it stings and it burns. But it doesn’t stop them from coming back. It just kills them off for a short while. I need something that totally kills the acne like seriously kills it and prevents it from developing again. This product doesn’t do just that. Yeah. So cliché.

best acne treatment

I've tried every formulation of benzoyl peroxide acne medication available, but I must say dermalmd serum does work quickly. Rather than as a spot treatment, I use it all over my face, concentrating on problem areas. A couple of cystic bumps that would have been there for weeks are almost gone after 4 days of use! No excess dryness using once per day. Wondering if it's due to the inclusion of citric acid? Whatever the reason, I'm impressed so far.

Just Okay

At first I thought this spot treatment was working but after sometime it really wasn't doing anything but drying the skin around the pimples rather then the actual pimples. It didn't cause any redness which was nice but I recently started using tea tree oil as a spot treatment and it actually drys the crap out of pimples but does cause redness for myself around the pimple. BTW I used this bp for around 7 months. So I gave it enough of a chance , I would recommend spot treating with tea tree oil over this product.

Comments

Doesn't work for people with real acne

First off, let's say that my acne is bad and has been bad for as long as I can remember. I have pictures of myself as a 10 year old with spots all over my face. I wasn't really aware how bad it was until I was 14 or so and I looked around at everyone else my age and saw most others with a clear face. I began to get extremely self-conscious but was embarrassed to talk to my parents about it. I did what I could on my own, tried a lot of drug store products without knowing much. Finally my mom brought up my skin and we went shopping together. She thought I should try Nuetrogena because it has a good reputation for being a good skin product. She got me this and there was no change. My skin would get a little dry when I used it but no matter how often I used it. My mom was very insistent that I continue using it but after around 6 months, my skin actually became worse and I began to develop cystic acne. It was at that point that my mom agreed that the product I had been using was not working at all. I went to the dermatologist and they gave me a prescription for specifically the cystic acne. It didn't address the other acne types. That became obvious when the cystic acne got minority better but the other stuff got worse. Plus I really didn't like taking prescription stuff with gross side effects. Anyway, long story short, nothing worked. My acne never got better and I guess in retrospect I got into myself. My parents were always on me. Asking me what was wrong etc. I tried to say it was nothing but when I got down to brass tacks, I knew it was my skin. I got to researching and found out about Ninja. I has not heard of it but looked it uo and really encourage you all to do the same. The reviews were like unreal and I definitely didn't believe them. But I was super curious, gave them a call and just I guess gave them a shot. I mean at the end of the day nothing else worked so why not them. but they are awesome people there and it worked. and my skin its clear. super clear. More clear than anything else has done, creams, prescriptions etc. I don't think that drug store stuff, or stuff you can buy in the super market is going to be anything to will help you. I think the saying of you get what you pay for is true. You get cheap stuff and you won't get good results. My mom taught me that and I never believed her but now I know its true.

Good and bad

I feel like it works in drying out the acne and not my skin, but it really burns and tingles when first applying it. I've just started using this with two other creams from my derm. and I can tell my acne is clearing up

Comments

Too thick, extra ingredients that cause irritation

I bought this after I ran out of my acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment as a last resort while my stuff shipped out. The second day of using this my skin got really dry and I had a ton of tiny under the skin bumps pop up around my cheeks. Boo :(

This stuff is great.

This definitely makes a huge difference in clearing any active spots that I have. They are always much smaller by the time I wake up in the morning (or gone completely if the spot is minor enough to begin with). It can feel a bit drying when you first start using it, but that will go away. I use this on my spots every night after moisturizing. Just an FYI: It doesn't do much for scars and also won't prevent NEW acne from forming since that typically has to do with stress, hormones or a variety of other internal issues. If you're using this as a treatment for acne, then I would recommend using this in combination with an internal acne treatment.

It does prevent acne from forming if you use it as an all-over treatment.

Kinda works

It works like any spot treatment should. Because for me, a spot is my entire face, I apply this to my entire face. Sometimes if I don't rub it in well enough, there will be a residue. My face doesn't dry out too much with it, but it is used to BP heavy products.

Awesome!

Love this product! Cleared almost all of my acne within two days, and even helped fade my acne marks. I usually rub a little on at night, but be careful how much you use, I used to much one day and ended up with red blotches. Overall this is my favorite acne treatment and works better than any other product for me!

Love it

It Really helps ! Almost the best product that worked for me .. I only use it for emergencies hhh .. Like when I have a special meeting or an important exam at college .. So I just use it the night before , and sleep assured that the next morning will be a clear start ;)

Comments

Love. It's my old faithful. Seems more gentle than the regimen bp

I love this product! 2.5 percent is perfect. My face was clear with a few pimples here and there while I used Neutrogena Oil Free cleanser with 2% salicylic acid, then a toner with salicylic acid. Right now I am using a clean and clear version, but I'm going back to Neutrogena's stress relief calming toner, I believe it's called. Then I rub a little of this on. My lotion is usually clyndamicine, but that is prescription. When I am being more gentle, I use cetaphil or suave's cocoa butter lotion has been good to me for years. I usually put it on at night but sometimes I use it during the day. I've never had a problem with it under mineral powder makeup. I tried the acne.org regimen and it was good at first but I'm noticing irritation now. I've gone to using their bp and lotion only at night. I use the face wash occasionally. I fine that the salicylic acid wash and toner seems to gently exfoliate my skin, fading the blemishes over time. It's worth a shot. I'm having bad breakouts lately but I think I need to go back to my roots. I am finding my way to my old regimen bit by bit. It's cheaper and tried and true. I'm not knocking the acne.org regimen. I can see how it's helpful but I won't be buying another kit anytime soon.

Okay

This product was okay. It didn't leave my skin irritated (like other acne products) because of the low Benzoyl Peroxide. It's great for MILD to little acne. However, I had deep, inflamed acne everywhere. This medication was not for that. Only use this medication for mild to little acne.

Comments

More moisturizer than acne spot treatment

I used the entire tube but this product did not give me any results. I don't know why i continued using it though, it was probably the smell, or maybe the fact that this was one acne spot treatment that did not leave my skin dry. It was almost like a moisturizer, however it did not remove my acne.

Works with a combination

I use this as apart of the acne.org regimen and love it. I believe it has def helped with my comedonal acne. I also use epiduo and yaz. It has been two months and I have seen my skin clear up drastically!! Seeing your GP or Dermatologist is key!! Make sure you get a topical and oral medication.

Popular Spot treatments