Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15 Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15

Was great until they messed with the formula

I used this product for over 20 years until recently, when they messed with the formula. it worked great with Retina-A. Then I started noticing tingling, redness, burning around the eyes and that annoying watermelon smell. Good bye Moisture... Bring back the old formula and I will be a customer again. From the poor reviews, it sounds like this cost improvement backfired on so many levels.

NOOO

I needed a new moisturizer that was oil free and wasn't too expensive, saw this product and i liked the price so i gave it a try. I've been breaking out ever since i put this product on my face and the thing is mine doesnt have any spf.

Not that Great

I have very oily skin naturally and with using my acne regimen it dries out my skin like crazy. Even so this moisturizer made my skin so oily I had to blot it every half an hour or so, and also made me break out more. I do not really recommend because there are better moisturizers out there, but if this works for you then keep using it.

Comments

This one breaks me out, but the combination one doesnt?

I've used this moisturiser (in combination skin) before for the past 3 years and its done wonders. However recently, its starting to get warm here in australia and i get easily sunburnt so i bought this version with spf. However ive been using it for a week and its been breaking me out with bumps and whiteheads.. Why does this break me out and the other doesnt? Can anyone help?

Good product

Moisturizer and sunscreen are so important for your skin. I wasn't moisturizing enough and my dry skin was just breaking out more. I have now committed to applying this moisturizer both at night and in the morning before I apply my makeup. My skins dryness has significantly improved. I use the prescription Aczone for my treatment. If I have any dry patches from BP spot treatment I simply apply an extra amount of this moisturizer on and it's much better in the morning. I've used this moisturizer for quite some time. I like that it's an oil free moisturizer/sunscreen combination and it has not broken out my skin.

NEW Formula is bad!

This use to be my go to moisturizer. I started using this moisturizer 5 years ago when I was 17 years old. I have oily combination skin. I was living in Nevada a dry climate and this moisturized very well. I used it for years unfortunately Neutrogena changed the formula and now the ingredients include Avobenzone. This caused me to break out in little whiteheads around my face. The consistency is more watery than the old formula as well as it has a odd melon like smell to it and it caused my skin to tingle a little when putting it on. I do not recommend this product. I would look elsewhere for a moisturizer. Currently I am using CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM Spf 30. I did a review for it.

Comments

not powerful enough to use with regimen

this was great before I started using the regimen. When I tried using it as my moisturizer after applying BP - it just wasn't enough to keep my skin from drying out during the day. I now use Curel Ultra Healing moisturizer which is a more intensive moisturizer.

Comments

Not too bad but not good!

I actually prefer the oil-free moisture for combination skin and that works better for me. This moisturizer with the sunscreen feels very greasy and causes breakouts for me. Also the SPF value is just 15, i would recommend getting anything with SPF 30 and above because it protects the skin much better.

Oily for me

I've read reviews that this moisturizer is light and as said on the label: oil free. But for me,it really felt heavy and oily when I apply it. Just half an hour after applying it, my face will turn so greasy. I had some minor breakouts, small comedones erupted in my cheeks. I won't throw this one away but I'll probably use it as a lotion instead.

Ouch. this stings.

I was attracted to this product because it's both non-comodogenic and with SPF 15, but it's not working for me, unfortunately. Not for my 10 year old daughter either. Our eyes water and sting for about half an hour after use, and our skin itches and stings. I still have half the bottle left, but after a few weeks, it's time to give up and try something else.

Comments

Oxybenzone made my eyes sting and skin to breakout

it's light, goes on easy, not shiny, moisuturizes fine Chemical sun screen stings my face, eyes broke me out pricy for a chemical sun screen that stings I tried Neutrogena SPF 15 again because I liked how light the formula felt and easy to use with the pump compared to Olay's SPF 15 that feels more thicker and no pump. Well again, Neutrogena made my eyes sting after 10 minutes of having the lotion on my face. I tried using it for 2 weeks before having to give up on it because I couldn't even drive my car, it was like pepper spray in my face. I called them and they said some people are allergic to oxybenzone they use. I guess I have to stick to natural SPF like Olay's zinc oxide even though it feels thicker and doesn't moisturize as well.

Comments

I liked it for a while.. But now my skin is sensitive from BP and this just doesn't work anymore..

stings if skin is really sensitive and red don't use with BP if you have sensntive and red skin. I strted off loving this product..but actually lately it has been really stinging and hurting my face for a long while after using it :( at the moment my skin is extremely sensitive from using BP. Actually i really don't recommend using this product while using BP especially if you have real sensitive skin at the time. If you have red/sensitive skin from the regimen I use jojoba, castor and sweet almond oil along with a tiny bit of cetaphil lotion and it works wonders! If my skin is feeling really sensitive from the BP and/or AHA I also add in coconut oil :)

Horrible product

non-greasy texture Causes blotches, dry patches, and dark spots Irritates skin horribly I've had acne since I was in middle school. I am now a senior in college and I have never had a real problem with blotches on my skin until I started using this product. My skin began to break out in big, red, blotches that would cause that area of my face to swell up. I have never seen a product do this to my skin. I now have dry patches and dark spots left from all of the blotches caused by this product.

Popular With SPF