Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin

ehh

basically i started using this product because i needed a new moisturizer. the first week, my skin felt amazing. it was so soft. second week, not so much. it was okay, but since it's the winter time, my skin started flaking and getting a little dry. third week, it's whatever. the skin on my face started flaking more and the moisturizer feels nice the beginning 30 minutes, but then my skin goes back to dryness. this moisturizer is good, but it just depends on your skin.

Made me break out :(

My skin had finally recovered from a break out caused by my birth control. I decided to try a new moisturizer because my old one had alcohol in it that caused drying. I bought this neutrogena sensitive skin facial moisturizer because the packaging said that it was non comedogenic. Within a week my face had started to develop bumps around my mouth, forehead, and jawline area that quickly grew into large painful pimples. I stopped using this moisturizer immediately after recognizing that it was the culprit. Now my face is irritated and I have to switch back to my old moisturizer until I can find a new one that works with my face.

Okay

I tend to have really sensitive skin so this really helps. I go through periods of times where my skin tends to get really dry and starts flaking. This was not really helpful no matter how much of the product I put on. Even after putting on tons of layer my skin still is dry less than 30 mins after.

Really Nice Oil Free Product

I use this occasionally when I'm out of my Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer. I like the Green Tea Moisturizer better, but the Neutrogena Moisturizer is way cheaper. Plus, it doesn't make me break out. The texture is light and refreshing, and it keeps me from drying out from the BP.

It's ok

It's ok I like the feeling on my face however I'm still looking for a moisturizer that does not cause any zits. This one does not cause a lot of acne but I think it's causing a few here and there. I will be switching to cerave PM moisturizer and see how that goes. I will say that this is better than more expensive moisturizers I have tried in the past.

Comments

One of the only moisturizers I can use

One small pump of this always does the trick. Super light and hydrating' and goes on great over BP! I know the reviews on this are mixed, but I have super sensitive and acne prone skin, and mine loves this stuff. Give it a shot!

hello klm15, did you use a bp wash with this such as oxy 10% bp or did you simply use bp cream?

Best moisturizer I've tried!

Seriously, and I've tried almost all of them. This is the best everyday morning and night moisturizer. Doesn't leave skin oily, dry, or sensitive. My face loves this one for some reason....any time I run out and have to use something stock piled my face either gets red, too dry, too oily, or weird and tingly. Also NO SPF! YAYYY :D :D :D

Comments

Don't use when using over the top of BP

Good if you have good skin and are just looking for a everyday moisturiser Burns, stings and irritates when used over BP This was great when I first started the Regimen, but now my skin gets kind of red and sensitive from using BP often. I found it was great for the first week but then it began to really burn my skin. I do not recommend this product if you are using Benzoyl Peroxide or any other harsh chemicals on your face. However, I do recommend if you are just looking for a good moisturiser for everyday use and your skin is in good condition.

Yeah, it's Great

Moisturize skin Oil Free / Won't Clog Pores Dry Completely I've been using this moisturizer for 5 months now, and it's great of not leaving that oily feeling with a little shine. I feels a little watery but that what I like about it.

User74659

Good item for oily skin Didn't break me out Works well under makeup Not the longest lasting product Not the best for very dry skin Worked good for me, but I am naturally very oily. Did its job and didn't leave a really oily sheen. Worked well under makeup. Not the best for very dry skin. Doesn't control major flakes for very long after applied if that is what you are looking for. More of a lightly moisturizing product.

Comments

Great for sensitive skin Very light Absorbs well Non-greasy none I recommend this to everyone suffering from light-moderate acne. It is very light and does not cause acne but instead soothes it. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MOISTURISER!! :)

Comments

Have used it for years, possibly causing more acne this whole time

Very light No added perfumes or dyes A little pricey for a tiny bottle Contains pore clogging ingredient Leaves skin oily I am in love with this moisturizer! I use a heavier Cetaphil lotion at night with jojoba oil, and it really slicks up my face. So during the day I needed something that was super light. I had previously tried Cetaphil's Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF, and it seriously burned my face so bad. I thought it was normal for your face to hurt after using moisturizer. Neutrogena's is so soothing, never makes my skin too shiny, and just glides on my face very well. Wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's a pretty typical price for a moisturizer. UPDATE 08/16/15 My review above was written several years ago. I am still battling acne. This past week I was about to pick up another bottle of this when I decided to check out the ingredients list. One of the ingredients is Isopropyl isostearate, which is listed on acne.org's "Comeodogenic (pore clogging) ingredients" list. It is the very first ingredient on the list!! I quit using it this week and switched to CeraVe moisturizing lotion and WOW. What a difference! When I use this moisturizer, I often wake up with my face very, very oily. I thought this was normal. Well, since switching my skin is not so oily anymore. I have gotten back on the acne.org regimen the past 2 months and have made big improvements, but abandoning this moisturizer has set me over the edge and am seeing even more improvement! So glad I quit using this after so many years!!

Guest Robbie
Guest Robbie

Gets rid of flakes in the first couple days Non Greasy Didn't break me out Scent free, but doesn't smell at all Leaves a slight shine, but is a lot better than other moisturizers This is amazing and is worth every pennies!!!

Guest Nicole
Guest Nicole

- Light yet moisturizing (good for summer AND winter) - Sensitive formula does not irritate skin like the SPF 15 version - Wonderful under makeup Slightly pricey for my budget Love this product, worth a try.

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

Broke me out and irritated skin Worst mosturizer I have ever used! Sure, it worked to get my face greasy, but it broke me out ALL OVER where I wouldn't get acne before. If you are at all acne prone DONT USE THIS PRODUCT. Please, save yourself the pain. I couldn't go outside or look people in the eyes for weeks afterwards.

Comments

Used it for years with no problem until now. I don't know if the formula has changed or I have become sensitive to this moisturizer. It stings my skin now and causes breakouts. I will not be using this product again as it has stopped working for me.

Popular Dry/Sensitive