x

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Differences between the two?
Reviewed on November 27, 2017

Would anyone say that this one and the original orange colored one are the same? I have the orange one and I’m seeing results and it’s been about three days (I’m a previous user of this product) and like everyone else it dries out my already dry skin, around the mouth chin area. The only difference I can tell from the products is that the pink one comes with a moisturizer... any body tried both?

Perfect
Reviewed on August 9, 2017

It works perfect for me, I feel my face so clean when I use this. I totally love it.

Do not recommend
Reviewed on July 26, 2017

I fortunately do not have bad acne, and this product seemed light and easy on the face. I have sensitive-ish skin on my face. The first two days of using this product, my skin seemed fine. But this morning I woke up to super dry, cracking skin around my nose and tiny red bumps all around my mouth and chin, forming an almost mustache like rash. The bumps itch and burn like crazy, and the dry skin isn't a treat either. I thought my other face wash was was bad until I purchased this. I stopped using it immediately and I definetly will not be purchasing this product again. Straight in the trash can!

by Jessie Antoinette on 10/26/2017 11:44
I also do not have acne but I purchased this because I hear it is amazing. I had the same reaction and still recovering. I have bumps over my lips and the irritation on my skin I break out in a couple of hive like bumps. I thought that maybe bcos it is for acne and that I do not have I am over simulating my face causing this irritation
horrible product
Reviewed on June 1, 2017

i've suffered from mild acne my whole childhood and nothing has ever worked. so i decided to give this a try. absolutely the worst decision i've ever made. it was working the first few washes and then it just started to sprial downhill. it would start to burn so bad while i was washing my face. so i thought to myself well if it's tingling it's working. so the first few washes with burning i did nothing. but then i noticed my face was beyond dry. it was super red and peeling. i couldn't believe it. i have had super oily skin my whole life and it completely dried my skin out. i began peeling on my cheeks chin forehead nose almost everywhere on my face. i have never been so disappointed in all my life. this ruins your face and i definitely do not recommend this product at all.

Do not recommend
Reviewed on May 29, 2017

I bought the neutrogena oil- free acne wash about 3 weeks ago, I never had a major problem with acne but I did get a few spots on my forehead frequently... So after starting to use the face wash my spots did clear, but after washing my face with it twice a day for a few weeks I have had more breakouts than I've ever had, my skin is dry (I used to suffer oily skin) and the face wash would burn the spots on my face and cause them to scab and scar... I will no longer be using the face wash a and I recommend others do not use it either

The only cleanser I use
Reviewed on May 22, 2017

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it to me about 4 years ago when I was 15. My skin was absolutely terrible and it truly did work for a while. Even now, 4 years ago, I still use it every day twice a day because It doesn't break me out more but since I've been using it for so long it doesn't help much either. It's ok for me until. I find something else

by Jessie Antoinette on 10/26/2017 11:47
They say to change your face wash every 6 months because you get immune to it
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on May 1, 2017

This product worked great the first couple of days or so, but then it was all downhill from there. As mentioned per other reviews, this product will make your skin very very dry. It made my face feel tighter, and began to burn my forehead. It made by mouth region super dry and itchy and it become very painful to move my mouth at all. I immediately stopped using this product. Fire would make a better product than this.

Should be banned from use on face
Reviewed on April 21, 2017

I am very disappointed in this product. I had initially read some good reviews of the product and in a bid to clear my acne, i hurried and purchased this wash. Unfortunately, it dried up my face in just 4 days. My face became itchy especially around my mouth and under my eyes. My forehead developed so much rash and now I wish I could just go back to 4 days ago when this product never touched my face. I think the product should be reevaluated by dermatologists especially since it is used on the face...πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

MY FACE IS A RED SWOLLEN MESS!!!!
Reviewed on February 21, 2017

My skin is a mess - dry itchy and swollen around the eyes -couldn't work out what I had done to my face other than being allergic to something - then realised I had taken a sample of this away with me for the weekend and washed my face a few times with it - sample was given to my husband by a dermatologist - can't believe it!! I do not recommend it's use and think it should not be sold to be used on the face - way too strong.

Drying
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

The ingredients all looked great on CosDNA, but it's too drying for my sensitive skin. The fragrance and Acid may have irritated my skin.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org