Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Differences between the two?

Would anyone say that this one and the original orange colored one are the same? I have the orange one and I'm seeing results and it's been about three days (I'm a previous user of this product) and like everyone else it dries out my already dry skin, around the mouth chin area. The only difference I can tell from the products is that the pink one comes with a moisturizer... any body tried both?

Do not recommend

I fortunately do not have bad acne, and this product seemed light and easy on the face. I have sensitive-ish skin on my face. The first two days of using this product, my skin seemed fine. But this morning I woke up to super dry, cracking skin around my nose and tiny red bumps all around my mouth and chin, forming an almost mustache like rash. The bumps itch and burn like crazy, and the dry skin isn't a treat either. I thought my other face wash was was bad until I purchased this. I stopped using it immediately and I definetly will not be purchasing this product again. Straight in the trash can!

I also do not have acne but I purchased this because I hear it is amazing. I had the same reaction and still recovering. I have bumps over my lips and the irritation on my skin I break out in a couple of hive like bumps. I thought that maybe bcos it is for acne and that I do not have I am over simulating my face causing this irritation

horrible product

i've suffered from mild acne my whole childhood and nothing has ever worked. so i decided to give this a try. absolutely the worst decision i've ever made. it was working the first few washes and then it just started to sprial downhill. it would start to burn so bad while i was washing my face. so i thought to myself well if it's tingling it's working. so the first few washes with burning i did nothing. but then i noticed my face was beyond dry. it was super red and peeling. i couldn't believe it. i have had super oily skin my whole life and it completely dried my skin out. i began peeling on my cheeks chin forehead nose almost everywhere on my face. i have never been so disappointed in all my life. this ruins your face and i definitely do not recommend this product at all.

Do not recommend

I bought the neutrogena oil- free acne wash about 3 weeks ago, I never had a major problem with acne but I did get a few spots on my forehead frequently... So after starting to use the face wash my spots did clear, but after washing my face with it twice a day for a few weeks I have had more breakouts than I've ever had, my skin is dry (I used to suffer oily skin) and the face wash would burn the spots on my face and cause them to scab and scar... I will no longer be using the face wash a and I recommend others do not use it either

The only cleanser I use

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it to me about 4 years ago when I was 15. My skin was absolutely terrible and it truly did work for a while. Even now, 4 years ago, I still use it every day twice a day because It doesn't break me out more but since I've been using it for so long it doesn't help much either. It's ok for me until. I find something else

They say to change your face wash every 6 months because you get immune to it

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

This product worked great the first couple of days or so, but then it was all downhill from there. As mentioned per other reviews, this product will make your skin very very dry. It made my face feel tighter, and began to burn my forehead. It made by mouth region super dry and itchy and it become very painful to move my mouth at all. I immediately stopped using this product. Fire would make a better product than this.

Comments

Should be banned from use on face

I am very disappointed in this product. I had initially read some good reviews of the product and in a bid to clear my acne, i hurried and purchased this wash. Unfortunately, it dried up my face in just 4 days. My face became itchy especially around my mouth and under my eyes. My forehead developed so much rash and now I wish I could just go back to 4 days ago when this product never touched my face. I think the product should be reevaluated by dermatologists especially since it is used on the face...👎👎👎👎

Comments

MY FACE IS A RED SWOLLEN MESS!!!!

My skin is a mess - dry itchy and swollen around the eyes -couldn't work out what I had done to my face other than being allergic to something - then realised I had taken a sample of this away with me for the weekend and washed my face a few times with it - sample was given to my husband by a dermatologist - can't believe it!! I do not recommend it's use and think it should not be sold to be used on the face - way too strong.

Comments

Very drying and broke me out!!!!

After seeing this face wash recommended on a skin care blog I decided I would try it out -- big mistake! I bought the face wash on Thursday and used it for 3 days (until Sunday evening). The first day or so I didn't really notice much of an effect other than slight tingling (which I mistook for it working on the acne), but by the second day my face was very dry and irritated with tiny red bumps and whiteheads all across my cheeks, forehead and nose. I immediately stopped using it and am now waiting for my face to recover. Was really hoping it would be a good face wash after reading scores of perfect reviews on Amazon, but I guess that clearly just wasn't the case! Not sure what it is about this product that my face doesn't agree with, but will not be buying again!

Comments

My best friend back stabbed me

This use to be my one and only thing I would use in Middle School and High School. I began to have acne In 8th grade and throughout High School. It got worst after I graduated. My aunt recommended this and it worked for me till graduation. For some reason, this started to leave my face super dry and itchy. My face was so irritated it hurt to walk because the air would hit my sensitive skin. It stung like crazy, so I decided to quit using it. I went back to it again about 2 years ago, and realized that my best friend had back stabbed me. Never again.

Comments

Very drying and irritating!

When I let my face air dry after using this cleanser, my entire face felt like a taut mask. After using it for about 3 weeks, the entire underlying texture of the thin and delicate skin of my cheeks and temples looked rough, red and bumpy, and I've become increasingly oily. I believe it also contributed to worsened breakouts and longer healing times...my skin has been on a downward decline since I bought it. I stopped using it 3 days ago and my skin is starting to look more normal all around, without tiny red bumps [not pimples, but more like irritation bumps] and a far less oily texture. I'm probably an extreme case, likely to my intolerance to citric acid, but this cleanser is just way too drying. At the end of the day, really oily skin can usually point to dry, dehydrated and irritated skin, as I discovered from using this. So if you're super oily, look at the products you're using.

It's ok

I hardly ever get acne apart from the occasional pimple but sometimes it gets really bad. I tried this out and it does thoroughly clean my face but it's makes my skin a lot tighter. I also noticed that after a few weeks of using it, the skin on my nose began flaking. This product is harsh on sensitive skin and may not work on all skin types.

I wanted to like it.

The first night I tried out this acne wash, my face felt clean, but it was also very tight. After using it for a couple of days, I noticed the skin around my nose was starting to peel and there was a lot of redness and irritation around my breakouts. I was very disappointed with my results, so I stopped using it. This product really dried out my skin, so if you can't buy anything better than this, I'd recommend using a moisturizer afterwards.

Looks Good!

I began using this a week ago. No dryness for my oily skin and it reduces my blackheads. Hopefully it will continue working! I use it in the shower at night, sometimes in the morning. I really need it for the scarring, so we'll see if that works. So far so good! WadeX

Works great!

I have suffered with mild acne (tiny spots with the exceptional big one) on my checks and around my jaw line since I was about 14. I started using this nearly a week ago and have seen a lot of improvements. For people who are acne prone like me you will seem to think your skin is getting worse after nearly a week of use but that is just the wash drying out your skin and bringing up the head on the spots for them to heal. My skin has looked slightly more "spotty" but these are only spots that were lying under the surface of my skin that I could see waiting before hand. I haven't had any NEW breakouts or spots since using this, I would definitely recommend to acne prone/oily skinned people. If you only get the occasional spot and aren't acne prone I wouldn't recommend this as it will make your face peel real bad and if you have used this and don't see improvements, give it time, it's just getting rid of the underlining problem and spots you had beforehand.

hey, so how long have did u use this product before seeing any improvements and what is your skin type? if it's combination, does it dry out parts that's not oily? (soryy for bad english)

DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USED THIS FRIDAY NIGHT,ON SAT MORNING MY NOSE GOT ITCHY AND MY FACE STARTED GOING RED. BY SUNDAY MY EYES WERE RED AND ITCHY AND MY FACE WAS PUFFY. GOT UP AT 6 30 AM ON MON FOR WORK MY FACE WAS DOUBLE IN SIZE LEFT EYE WAS HUGELY SWOLLEN WITH NO VISION AND RIGHT WAS SWOLLEN WITH VERY LITTLE VISION. MY FACE WAS BRIGHT RED AND ITCHY AND HAD TO VISIT MINOR INJURIES. THEY PRESCRIBED ANTI HISTAMINES. TODAY IS WEDNESDAY AND THE SKIN ON MY FACE IS PEELING OFF LIKE A SNAKESKIN. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Popular Liquid