Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser

Works...then doesn't.

Smell Tingly feeling Moisturizes Stops working after a while It will work well for a week or so, and then it stops working.

Comments

Helped Acne A Little Didn't Do What I Expected This was an okay product. I would recommend it as a one-week thing.

Comments

Gets rid of redness really quickly Can be used as a mask or a face wash Has salicylic acid, but also has ingredients that calm redness and irritation down Great for if you just popped a zit and you have to go do something None! Or at least none that I have experienced This product is great if you have redness or irritation on your face or if you just want something that can help to get rid of your zits. It not only calms redness and treats zits with salicylic acid, but it mildly moisturizes.

Comments

Helps redness of face Doesn't get rid of acne This product for me works for like 2 weeks then stops. Over those 2 weeks though, my face does get less red and acne also, and acne slightly goes away. After it just stops working.

Comments

This cleanser gives you that tingly feeling. Leaves skin smooth. Reduces bumps a little. Doesn't really help with redness. Drys skin out a little. Stung my face. Not too good for sensitive skin. It's an okay cleanser. I found that the more I used it the more acne I got. So I would recommend using this product maybe twice a week or so.

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

- Gentle - Cheap - Appealing Scent - Effective - Initial Breakout - Did not improve redness I picked up this product after trying countless cleansers ranging from $5 - $50, and this is one of my favourites so far. I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I've noticed a considerable difference. I have naturally dry, sensitive, acne prone skin (which makes finding a good cleanser tough), and though my skin was a bit irritated at first, I kept using it. For the first 1-2 weeks, I did experience a slight initial breakout (probably from the SA), but stuck with it. Now, I do not get new pimples forming and my clogged pores/blackheads seem to be reduced. The only thing, however, is that since it's redness soothing, I was expecting a bit more from it. I have quite a bit of post acne scarring and redness (especially in my cheeks), and this cleanser did not seem to do much for that. If you have dry skin, as I do, you'll want to make sure you follow up with a good moisturizer both morning and night.

Guest veronica
Guest veronica

-smells great -leaves skin feeling smooth and refreshed -gets rid of acne -prevents acne n/a i have very mild acne and only get a couple pimples on my face, but i wanted to clear them up, so i began using this product. it got rid of my acne in a couple days, and whenever i use it, i rarely have any breakouts. it works well for other people that i've recommended it to as well.

Comments

-smells good -good for light acne -leaves skin soft -leaves skin smooth -prevents pimples -doesn't reduce redness -doesn't reduce pimple size I have very sensitive, but oily skin and i used this every morning for about 3 months. I didn't notice any changes besides the fact that my skin was softer and smoother. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't help either. I believe it would help people with less severe acne. Avoid the eye area, it burns!! I'm finally going to try something different-- neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser. I heard it works much better.

Comments

Smells good Does nothing This stuff does absolutely nothing. PLEASE just stay away from these silly fruity washes, they will probably never treat you unless you have extremely light acne. I actually believed this would stop a little swelling and resness based off of the product's green color, but boy was I wrong. Made everything worst.

Guest Bella
Guest Bella

-smells great -does not dry skin -zits are gone -skin feels softer than ever -lasts a long time -reduces redness -gentle but effective! sudden appearance of blackheads on my left cheek... This is the best acne product I have ever used. My zits are gone and my skin feels really soft. However, in place of the zits there are lots of little tiny clogged pores on my left cheek and around my hairline that are not red or inflamed, I guess they are like blackheads. That's kind of weird, but not very noticeable and surely better than the old acne. I have always had kind of light acne, mostly around my hairline. I live in a very humid climate which usually breeds acne and this product keeps the right amount of moisture in and doesn't make my face shiny or anything.

Comments

-The smell was nice -It did kinda reduce redness -Clogged my pores -Made my skin wayyyy more oily (and I have oily skin!) -HORRIBLE, JUST HORRIBLE. It might work for dry skin, but not for oily! I did not like it.

Guest Dianna
Guest Dianna

I love the smell. The way it feels on your face. I love how it makes my face nice and soft after and no redness. I have a really white complexion and my face gets red after washing my face but with this product it doesn't. You don't need to apply a lot which I like. I will continue buying this product. The only con I have is that I wish the tube was bigger. Everyone has different kind of skin types but for me my face is very sensitive and a little on the dry side. Little tip I love to do is after I wash my face I apply jergens extra dry lotion as a moisturizer and I loveeeeee the way my face feels and look everyday. I would use this product twice a day morning and night works wonders for me. No acne, no redness =)

Guest Natalie
Guest Natalie

gentle, but deep cleans too, SA reduces acne, less redness, makes skin very smooth! wish there were more scrubber beads in the "gentle scrub" kind. I've been using this for 2 months. My face was very irritated when I started using this--peeling, acne, uneven look. This helped a lot! It did not cure my acne, but my face is so smooth to the touch, no redness, and acne is way reduced! (I use this in the morning with Neutrogena "rapid clear" face lotion. Then at night I wash with Clean & Clear "3 in 1 exfoliating cleanser" with BP, then apply Proactive BP lotion only at night. & Cerave lotion when needed. This has worked better than even the Proactive system & Dan's Regimen for me!)

Comments

None Dries out face Doesn't clean face I was hoping this product would be that this-is-it one, but it wasn't. It did nothing for my face. If anything, my face felt dirtier as time went on because it doesn't cleanse well enough. I would give it a negative 10 if I could.

Comments

smooth going on smell reduced acne and blackheads Burned my whole face Irritated it further caused redness tingled when applied server dryness This product was suppost to calm my face but it instead burned my face. Very harsh, server dryness and just a horrible stinging feeling. Would not recommend to anyone.

Comments

-Smells nice -Has a cool, soothing feeling -Didn't reduce redness very much -Didn't really clear my acne It's not my favourite

Comments

Smells good Soft beads Leaves skin looking clean Left my skin feeling tight Dryness Flakiness Redness Was a waste of money I was hoping this product would work for me, what with the 2% sal. acid, but it just did not help. It dried out my face and left extreme flakiness. I also experienced a "tight" feeling after each wash.

Comments

-Made my face feel clean. -Did not do anything for my redness, as the product promised. -Did not prevent new acne from forming.

Comments

-in a week, it reduces the pimples -feels great to put on -reduces redness a bit -little goes a long way -tiny bit drying -besides that, its okay I think its one of the best cleansers ive had. it softened and cleared my skin in about a week. Sure, I've had some pimples here and there, but for a teenager, that's perfectly okay.

Guest Claudia
Guest Claudia

-cleans my face -didnt reduce my redness like it said it would -stings a lil bit it didnt really work for me. it was bad , maybe i should've tryed the gentle scrub instead.

Guest bella
Guest bella

relived my reddness made my skin so soft and smooth made me break out even more gave me some reddness did not help with acne it's ok not the best but i can not use this anymore

Guest Lucia
Guest Lucia

reduces redness! felt soothing/refreshing/clean clears most pimples skin gets oily have to wear sunscreen this product did what it promised- reduced redness. my skin is usually supper red, and now it about normal. But it makes my skin more oily throughout the day. you also have to wear sunscreen because it has some kind of acid in it, which makes you skin sun sensitive. it does nothing for my blackheads.

Comments

-Soothing -AMAZING scent -Good moisturizers -Did the cleaning job -My face was very soft -Even though soothing, also burn't really bad -Didn't help my acne -Redness.. oh so much redness My opinion, is that this little product burn't like a b. Chamomile irritates my skin personally a lot.. when it's actually suppose to soothe redness? Every product I use with chamomile burns, why do you hate me so much chamomile? I LOVE THE SMELL OF CHAMOMILE. The only reason I didn't throw it away was that it smelt so dang good! ANYWAY I would recommend the scrub because that for some reason wasn't close to as irritating... my skin hates the cream cleanser I guess. I would say try a different line of anti redness/acne stuff.

Guest Acnesurvivor
Guest Acnesurvivor

Feels good, reduces redness, great for skin!! It feels good on the skin i use cetaphil then this product and clean and clear persa gel 10 it has helped out my acne and it feels great after i use it using both salystic acid and benzoyl peroxide will have a great improvement on ur acne and hyperpigementation..

Comments

None Made my face very very very shiny and oily I used this product because I wanted to try something that wouldn't dry my skin out like all the products with benzoyl peroxide did. And this did the total opposite. After a week of using this product my face was sooooo shiny and oily but it was also peeling and rough at the same time. I don't know how that's possible but that's what this product did to my face. And did I mention it did absolutly nothing for my acne NOTHING!!! I am so sick of wasting my time and money. I ordered some African black soap and Shea butter hopefully that works, If not, I just give up

Popular Cream