Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Pink Grapefruit Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Pink Grapefruit

Skin Purging

This wash is PERFECT for skin purging. It brings all your pimples to surface so that your skin can start heeling! I does make your skin red and sensitive but after a few weeks your skin will feel and look so much better. I have oily skin and have always struggled with acne, I just have to power through a few weeks to get the skin I want.

Burning Sensation?

PLEASE NOTE: The reason I’m giving this one (and a half) star is because it produced a burning sensation on my skin. My cheeks were very warm for a good five minutes after drying off with a towel and visibly red. (The one and a half star is for the grapefruit smell; It’s really nice

PEELING SKIN

Used this for a while and it started clearing my acne up very well, after a few days all my skin dried out and under my neck I had purple/pink patches, it was all dry and started peeling after this I realised it was all around my eyes and even in my eyebrows! DO NOT USE

Comments

Difference between the pink and original one ?

Would anyone say that this one and the original orange colored one are the same? I have the orange one and I'm seeing results and it's been about three days (I'm a previous user of this product) and like everyone else it dries out my already dry skin, around the mouth chin area. The only difference I can tell from the products is that the pink one comes with a moisturizer... any body tried both?

Do not recommend

Took a risk and purchased this hoping for good results. Terrible mistake! I've been using this for a couple weeks and it has done nothing but make my skin worse. I thought it might've been purging but now i have acne on places i didn't have before. I used to have acne between my eyebrows and it was veeerrrry very mild. now it's all over my forehead cheeks and chin. I switched back to natural remedies and my cetaphil cleanser but my face still looks like a pizza. it's getting under control but WOULD NEVER EVER EVER BUY THIS AGAIN. Do not recommend at all!!!

Comments

Smells delicious, but makes your face furious

This stuff smells awesome but after the first wash, I felt my skin tingle. I thought that meant it was doing its job, but after several uses I got irritation around my eyes and chin. Then the worst happened, my acne became much worse. Nope.

Not good

After the 2nd wash I got irritation around my left eye I ignored it because I thought it was a bug bite, but for 3rd wash both eyes were irritated AF after I remove my makeup and the itchiness was there as well. So desappointed that I wasted my money. My face is oily, acne prone and has dark marks with huge pores

Comments

Made acne worse but good makeup remover

This face wash did nothing but increase my acne within the first 2 weeks of using it. The smell is also very sickening. However it is a very good makeup remover, and makeup brush cleaner. So if any of you paid some good money for this wash and it doesn't work, don't throw it away, use it for cleaning your makeup tools instead!!

Its a good Cleanser!

I have the scrub version and I really like this product. Many people dislike this product because they say it makes their skin very dry after cleansing. Just use a moisturizer afterwards. I really like this face wash!

clears acne good

this stuff works amazing, it clears my pimples and blackheads real quick. the only downside? dries my face out like a rice cake. after using, i immediately have to apply moisturizer or else my face gets flaky and too tight.

Awesome

I have sensitive skin and have light to mild acne. This is my favourite cleanser,This has been the most effective cleanser I have ever used. It is not drying, does not darken my skin and does not break me out.It has improved my overall complexion.

Made my acne much worse

I've had consistent moderate acne for six years now and have plum near tried everything you can buy at Walmart. This "acne wash" did something awful to my already awful face. It gave me countless whiteheads and a rough texture to my skin. I definitely would not recommend this product unless you really, really like having terrible acne.

Comments

Dries skin, doesnt work at all

I have purchased two bottles of this and have used at least a full one. I dont know why I keep using it, but I dont anymore. It doesnt work at all for acne, in fact I think this is why I broke out. It went from a few pimples to huge ones all over my forehead. It also dries out skin. I switched to Cetaphil.

not bad, but contains SLS

this cleanser is very strange for me.when i looked at the cosdna site, i didn't see any SLS among the ingredients, and when i bought mine,i looked at the back of the bottle and there it was... i don't know,it doesn't dry me out THAT much, just like any other cleanser with sulfates,but oh well...maybe it has a different formula on the european market, a lot of products do. it's not bad and doesn't cause major problems but i will not repurchase.

Pretty good

This has helped the redness of my acne stay under control and has helped reduce the acne on my face. It is very drying but a moisturizer will help that. I used it for about a year but I didn't know that using an acne treatment for so long could make your skin "immune" to it. For that year, my skin basically looked the same (except in the beginning where it was reducing). I like this product but It didn't get rid of as much acne as I would've wished.

average

i got this wash a couple months ago, and it works, but it dries out my skin like a rice cake, ive found a moisturizer to use with it though. the only thing i dont like is how it gives me a pimple or 2, then other days its like magic. sooo, i really dont know how i feel about it honestly.

Fantastic!!!

I have sensitive skin and have light to mild acne. This is my favourite cleanser. Recently, I have tried a few different cleansers as I was trying different ranges of acne treatment which come with their own cleansers. I have had adverse reactions as a result. This has been the most effective cleanser I have ever used. It is not drying, does not darken my skin (I am a pakistani) and does not break me out. It contains salycylic acid which, as far as I am aware, helps with hyperpigmentation marks. It has improved my overall complexion. It has reduced my blackheads and I believe it has helped my marks fade. I use this with Epiduo which was prescribed to be by my doctor and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser. I used to use the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub but I find that scrubs break me out so I steam my face instead which is necessary due to the drying effect of the Epiduo.

Really ?!!!

I was really interested in this product so I went online to check reviews and even though they were mixed reviews , I bought it and was really liking it until it just made my skin horrible and break out everywhere !! I have been using it for 2 months and there has been no improvement ! Also , it really burns and dries your skin . Definitely for light acne and not for sensitive skin !!

User396021

Ineffective

First of all, I really have to say that the smell of this product is amazing. However, this was not effective in any way for my skin - I suffer from closed comedonal acne. Overall not worth it.

Popular Liquid