Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

new staple

I picked up this cleanser maybe a month ago and i will definitely be repurchasing. the AHA in it has done wonders for my acne scars, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all (i do use a moisturizer afterwards, of course). Salicylic acid does not kill acne bacteria, but it will help those with clogged pores. I use this along with neutrogenas rapid clear daily mask with benzoyl peroxide, which does kill acne bacteria. together they have dramatically improved my skin!

Comments

On the top of my bottle it says " results in just 1 day " is a lie. Had it for 2 weeks & see no results, just more red pimples. Might work for some people but i dont think it works , dont waste your money. I recommend the alcohol pads they have , ive had them before & they WORK. I just wanted to try something new. Im going back to the pads.

Comments

this product works pretty well

I honestly think this is a good product but if you do sports make sure that you clean your face because i play field hockey and the googles we have to wear are just ruining our skin by the second. this isn't something that quickly works but it does clear them and make them alot smaller then they were!!

Bad product

After using this product for about two weeks red hard pimples that hurt and were big were on my cheeks and chin After I stopped using it it became smaller. Does anyone think the bar of dove soap is good to wash with? I have all red pimples big and small only on my cheeks and chin and nose and tried everything!! Someone like me please help!

Ugh I have the same problem!! Try a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or African black soap because it will calm the skin . african black soap is good for acne scars and breakouts

Love this product!

Gentle yet effective Gets rid of dirt and oil Makes skin soft use one use none I adore this product! I use this product twice a day both morning and night, and even though it is gentle it works really good. I have oily/acne prone skin and it is not too drying for my skin. After one use of washing my face with this, my face was so soft, and it does everything it says on the bottle

Comments

Evened out skin tone Made my skin feel very smooth Lessened redness and small pimples Saw and felt results within two days! None This is probably my favorite cleanser right now. When I use it, I cover my entire face and leave it on for at least a minute in the morning, maybe three minutes at night (almost like a mini mask). It makes your skin feel tingly, in a good way! I used this with my Proactiv Solution system, and found that it worked even better together. Also, this product seemed to hydrate my skin, not dry it out like others mentioned. My skin felt so smooth after the first use, I was shocked. Really, I think it is worth a try.

How would you use it with your Proactiv? I just bought this product but still have Proactiv and I have moderate acne but I needed something new.
Guest Anna
Guest Anna

Rid of my pimples in just one day. Gentle. Smells good. Leaves skin refreshed and clean. Salicylic acid is great, more comforting. Moderatley Cheap. Pretty drying but great if used with a moisturizer. I absolutely live this product. It work wry well, I had Brocken out, and after the first use, I saw a difference.

Guest poppy
Guest poppy

works great smells good very smooth does not dry out face nothing i love this product it is not expensive its is very smooth on my face when i use it i can feel it working i really like the smell the bottle last a long time it is easy to get

Comments

- Clears up minor pimples and helps reduce blackheads - Tube lasts you a long time Can be drying if you use it too often or apply too much, especially without a moisturizer This product has been a great help for my skin. I recently stopped accutane because it was making contact lense use uncomfortable, and I started using this after noticing some pimples popping up. It cleared them in about a week. I have been using it in conjunction with OXY deep cleaning acne pads and Complex 15 facial moisturizer and it has been working pretty well. I have noticed a decrease in blackheads and one time I could actually squeeze them all out for once without new ones filling their place within a day or two. Different people have different skin types which means they'll react differetly to products than others. I would recommend trying it and if it doesn't work, try something new.

Guest Unique
Guest Unique

*NEW FORMULA* - Does EVERYTHING it says it will. - Rids acne etremely fast (results in 1 day). - Gentle (I use 2 washes one after another morning and night). - Active ingredient is salacylic acid; this is way more friendly to your skin than benzoyl peroxide which dries and irritates even unsensitive skin. - Smells good. - A little goes a long way. - Doesn't dry out skin, but rids oily skin. - Works without any other treatments (leave on treatments). *NEW FORMULA* Will not get rid of acne scars, but it never promised that; just wish that it did lol. I was running out of my clearasil ultra daily face wash and when going to CVS it was not there. I previously did research and knew this was supposed to be good. I hesitantly bought it, plus it was cheaper. My clearasil Ultra Wash never cleared my skin without using a leave on treatment; it just made the leave on work better, but without that it just made my skin look pretty, clean and glowy. I never expected something you wash off to actually work in riding acne; I was so wrong. My skin was now oily being summer now, and that was making me break out again; I knew I needed something different anyways because Clearasil Ultra face wash was not working anymore. I tried this at night right after my noxzema face wash (I think my acne washes work better on clean skin/ plus my skin is oily in the summer, don't do this if you have dry/ sensitive skin). I loved the smell, consistancy, and when washing it off it felt like a film on my skin; washing thouroughly gets rid of it. It could have been supposed to stay on to fight acne, but I like clean feeling skin (I don't want to risk clogging my pores). I saw a diff. that very night (I used NO leave on's, just the 2 face washes to see how it really worked). When I woke up I promise you that my pimples was half way gone (I don't have acne just a few small pimples; yes I used to have light acne, but with good care its gone). I used it again this morning after my noxzema original face wash and I am not noticing any dryness or irritation. When I use my noxzema I only use a little to get the oil and dirt off my face; I know this has been making my acne washes work better. If you have oily skin this routine will do wonders for you. If you have dry or sensitive skin I would stick to just the neutrogena oil free acne wash morning and night. Tip: On your first washes use a small amount to avoid irritation. Skin does adjust to products overtime. Bottom Line- Love this, will forever use, and Ill make an updated review with the same name.

Guest Anthony
Guest Anthony

Did not dry face to much. Made my face feel dirty and oily. Did nothing to help my skin what so ever. Made me start breaking out after the first. Is one of the worst products I have ever bought, right after proactiv. Definitley would never reccomend this product to anyone. This product in two days made me break out with 7 pimples. Made my face break out with over 7 pimples in two days. I just bought the clean and clear advantage control kit and within one hour of its use my face already began to look better, howver it's a bit pricey. usually neutrogena products work really well, except for this one! However, the grapefruit products from neutrogena work great! Bottom line is DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT!

Comments

leaves skin feeling clean and soft cleared up acne within 2 months works well with oily skin love the texture of the cream cleanser smell isnt to bad didnt help prevent new acne from forming as well as i'd like i think this product works well but would be best for people with light to moderate acne versus people like me who have moderately severe-severe acne.

Comments

Cleans oils Leaves face feeling fresh Helped dry out some of my acne Doesn't clear all the acne I still continued to get pimples while using the product. I've been using it for about 3wks so far, and it seems to have dried out some of the acne but not all. I like how it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I use it about 2-3 times a day. Every morning in the shower, and at night before going to bed. Sometimes mid day. I haven't tried to many skin care products becasue i'm scared of the aftermath once i stop using the product. i haven't stopped using this and i'm going to continue it for another 2 months, i'm going to give it a chance. i read more bad reviews on Proactive so i'm sticking to Neutrogena.

Comments

skin felt soft, get rid of most oil on my skin. left my face soooooooooo dry!! I hated this product!! After seeing it was award winning, i thought I would give it a try. I have little breakouts here and there, and i do have blackheads, but i felt like this product didn't do much to clear them. It DID however clear up some of the oil i have on my face. After one use of this, my face the next day was so irritated, dry and itchy I couldn't stand it! My brother also used this and it broke out his face like mad. Hopefully my skin will be back to normal very soon.

Guest Josie
Guest Josie

Makes skin soft Doesnt help acne Makes skin dry Comedogenic Harsh When my acne started to get really irratating and my self-esteem started to decrease i decided to just get a acne fighting cleanser and see the ending results so one day i saw this product and bought it. The problem with this was that it was very drying. My skin felt soo tight after i washed it i had to put lotion on my face just so it could feel more comfortable. My acne never went away and i continued to get blackheads,whiteheads and sometimes zits and after i washed my face my acne got irratated. I don't think anyone should get this because personally it just made me feel like a failiure and like i'm going to live with acne forever. Fortunenately i was encouraged by friends and realized that some products just won't work and that i just need to try something else and move on.

Popular Cream