Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control, Power-Clear Scrub Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control, Power-Clear Scrub

doesn't work for people with real acne

I've never had too much luck with this product. I used it before, when it still had the beads in it and I felt like it was more exfoliating than it is now, without the beads. I used it in my teens and was happy-isa with the results but I didn't really have acne then, looking back. After I had my first daughter, my face exploded. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced. My OBGYN told me that it would go away on its own, but it never did. I tried this product again, but this time, it had zero effect. At least nothing that I could notice. I finally called Ninja, which a friend had recommended and I learned a lot about over the counter stuff like neutrogena. basically, it just isn't strong enough for real acne. Like not just a pimple here and there. I went on their product line immediately after the call' I was a little hesitant because it was more than what I had bought in the drug store but the results are incredible. I now have a whole line of products I use - cleanser, medication, moisturizer. I feel kind of like an adult now, not a teenager using the stuff from the drug store. My advice is if you want something that actually works, don't get it in a drug store!

not useful for acne

Its a pretty good cleanser it doesn't quite eliminate acne it just keeps it mellow. It doesn't seem to irritate my face but it's not giving me clear skin so... I guess its good if you have a pimple here and there but if you have acne just stay away from this product honestly it doesn't do crap for us.

OK...ish

I have been using this product for 3-4 weeks. It doesn't seem to be reducing my acne, however doesn't seem to be irritating it either, I have very oily skin and my face doesn't feel overly stripped of oil after, quite comfortable, I put the tiniest amount of neutrogena naturals moisturizer on afterwards. The thing that isn't so cool is I oil up quite quickly after using the wash and it seems to be more than before I started using the product. So overall ok...ish, doesn't seem to reduce my mild/moderate pustule, cystic acne. These companies promise everything but don't seem to deliver much at all. I try not to get sucked in to their marketing tripe, but man its hard when you want clear skin. (BTW the one I use doesn't have the polyethylene beads in it)

ehh

Feels fresh scrubs away flaky skin smells good Not for severe acne Not for irritated or broken skin No strong acne solution This product is "okay". I would recommend this to someone who has very litte to mild acne. I've been using this for over a month and a half or two and i haven't seen much change in my skin, if anything it has gotten worse. I like the fact that it is a nice scrub, but the solution in this product hasn't done any wonders to me. What sucks is that if you have irritated or broken skin, the little scrub particles will get stuck into your skin and your skin will heal over it. I now have like 3 spots on my skin where the little scrub particles are stuck and i can't get them out without picking at it. This shouldn't be used for people with severe acne, only good for a fresh mask & scrub.

Comments

- smells amazing - gentle!! - it really does work - I run out of this like crazy! This is the bomb! I've seen nothing but good results from this scrub so far. My facial acne has been getting worse over the past weeks (not due to this cleanser!), so I've been going caveman on my face. However, I've been using this on my upper back, chest, & shoulders and my bacne/chest-ne is COMPLETELY gone!! Woo hoo! Side note- I leave it on for about 1-2 minutes before washing it off, I think it works better that way!

Guest Kasandra
Guest Kasandra

Leaves skin smooth Helps clear up skin Smells good My face isn't as oily after I wash my face with this Doesn't dry out skin Nothing at all I've been struggling with acne ever since the beginning of summer 2012 and it really got me so insecure and I've tried every product possible. THEN I picked this up while at Pathmark and used it for at least 2 weeks and my skin has already cleared up TREMENDOUSLY. I definitely recommend to everyone with oily severe acne.

Comments

leaves skin feeling clean smells great good scrub clears up little bumps on face clears makeup doesn't stop pimples "even before it emerges" like it claims i thought this was a great cleanser for anyone just looking for a good everyday facial cleanser. although from my experience it didn't stop all pimples that would form. it smells amazing and the beads are a good size so that it exfoliates too. so for anyone trying to get rid of severe acne, i don't know how well it would clear it up. but DEFINETLY worth trying though :)

Comments

really helps clear up skin makes skin better than you started with reduces redness inexpensive for a face wash none :) Try it, you have nothing to lose! If anything, it will decrease the number of pimples you have! go buy it. I love this wash. It never lets me down.

Guest Nigel
Guest Nigel

Love the smell Doesnt dry skin out A little exfoliation from the beads None Really like this scrub. It doesnt clear all my acne but it helped clear a little. But its a cleanser, cleansers arent going to clear acne by themselves.

Guest Ash
Guest Ash

- Smells really good - Doesn't dry - Helped clear my acne (for a while) - Good price at Target - Stopped working after a few weeks - Didn't prevent all acne I found this from watching a mini series called Private online. It was based on the book series of Private by Kate Brian, I believe. I was really excited to try it when I first bought it. It worked fairly quickly, it smelled nice, and it wasn't too drying. I started to see an improvement on my acne disappearing until after maybe three weeks. It kind of stopped working. It would help my acne just a little bit, but it was as if my skin became immune to the wash. It also didn't prevent all of my acne. I'd recommend it if you have light to moderate acne. I have moderate acne, but it's pretty tough to get rid of, so it's always different for everyone.

Guest Alexis
Guest Alexis

Smells really nice, the beads do not irritate my skin Someone gave me this face wash, so I decided to try it out. I really liked it! I don't think it made me break out, probably because right before I used this I was using the acne stress control power WASH. And although I liked the scrub, I think I like wash a lot more.

Guest Brooke
Guest Brooke

Smells good Helps prevent most breakouts Doesn't do much for current breakouts I started using this a few months ago, and for the most part I haven't got much acne. However, sometimes I still do break out, and when I do this doesn't help very much.

Comments

Fast acting None So glad I tried this cleanser! It actually keeps my face sooo much clearer! I use the cream cleaner in the morning( it is the only cleanser that has the glycolic acid in it) which is very good for your skin and I use the power-gel cleanser at night because it takes your makeup off better and foams up for that clean feeling! I also use the 3-in-1 hydrating treatment. I have searched and searched for something to clear up my skin! I feel so much better about myself.. You've got to try it! I have very sensitive skin and it's works great on my skin! I hope this never gets discontinued!

Guest Alyssa
Guest Alyssa

Slightly cleared my acne. Slight cooling sensation. Exfoliating beads. Gel consistency. Didn't completely get rid of my acne. A bit pricey. My skin is very unusual. I have acne on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Everytime I introduce a new product to my skin, the product reduces some of my acne, but my skin eventually builds up an "immunity" to it and my acne returns. Because of this, I have to rotate my skin care products every few weeks. This is exactly what happened with this face wash. It was gradually decreasing my acne, but within a month, my acne returned. But this product is not over drying. It smells a bit like a minty cucumber, but it is pleasant. It runs out fairly quickly, it's only been a month but I'm already down to 1/3 of the bottle. If you have a lot of stress or stress pimples, I would recommend this to you. When. I was using this, I had a lot of stress. I usually break out SEVERELY when Im stressed, even at the most miniscule things. But this product kept my stress pimples at bay. Only a few small brief pimples appeared. Overall, if you have the time, energy and money to burn, I suggest trying this out.

Guest Kelly
Guest Kelly

*is definitely fast acting(overnight for me * didn't dry out or irritate my skin * my acne Is practically gone!!! * doesn't lie when it says stops acne before it starts I haven't had any breakouts * kinda expensive for the amount you get but I'll never buy anything else! It's awesome For 7 bucks your getting more then ur money's worth. I have mild acne and sometimes it's breakout after breakout but this stuff has stopped them. I've only been on it for a week or so but it has completely cleared upy skin except for a occasional pimple. And Im one of those people who has tried everything and everything over and over and nothig works. This stuff has totally surprised me and I'm so happy I finally found something that gets rid of my pimples fast and hopefully forever!

Popular Exfoliating