Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser

Irritating

Has not made my acne worse like several cleansers have, so I will keep using it! Does not have any acne-causing ingredients (proof on [link removed]), however the fragrance in it is very irritating, specifically around the eyes. Avoid that area, and it will be a great cleanser!

lydiatank

Sticky

Removes makeup well but makes face tight and sticky feeling. Yes, I rinse thoroughly and it still leaves this feeling. It hasn't made my acne worse but hasn't improved it either.

My Go-To Cleanser.

Been using this for months. Gentle but effective for acne-prone, oily skin because it has a small amount of natural salicylic acid (from Willow bark extract) in it. It doesn't irritate my dry patches or make my skin feel tight, and I do notice a difference in the oiliness of my T-Zone when I use this compared to other washes that I've tried. I've tried a lot of different washes in the past 6 months but I just keep coming back to this!

Nice Gentle Cleanser but Nothing Special

Pretty much said it all in the title. It's not going to do that much for you...but it's not going to hurt you either. I think I would reccommend this more than any Foam cleansers because it has that non-dryng Cetaphil gel texture we all know and love. It also has a very interesting smell thats truly pleasing. I used this cleanser in tandem with a more acne fighting cleanser & it worked well at the time. HOTTAKE: Average....but the best of all the average cleansers out there.

Comments

Solid cleanser for oily skin

I have been using this cleanser for a while now and I feel like it's gentle enough to use on skin that's being treated with acne medications, but cleans well, removing makeup, oil, etc. It is sometimes a little drying, but I've only noticed that this winter, so I'm considering adding in the Naturals cream cleanser to the mix until the Spring (maybe in the mornings). As other users have said, I wish it was truly all natural and while I personally like the scent, I would prefer fragrance free products.

Slightly too drying

Feels fresh at first No comedogenic ingredients Face felt tight after washing Not really all-natural Fruity smell This left my face feeling clean and fresh immediately after washing, but later in the day my face would begin to feel tight even without having put on benzoyl peroxide (I am on the Regimen). I think the drying agent must be the salix alba extract, which I had no idea was a natural form of salicylic acid. I chose this product because it was "natural" (not really all-natural) and didn't have any comedogenic ingredients, and also because I usually like Neutrogena products. But I could easily buy a cleanser that is less drying, smells better (the smell was too fruity for my taste), and lathers better as well.

Really like it

Smoothes skin Cleans everything off Not tested on animals Drys skin Not 100% natural My skin is usually very red and bumpy, and this cleanser completely smoothed it out. My skin is very oily and this cut through all the oil and makeup, and even made parts of my skin dry, which no other product has been able to do. When used with a light moisturizer, this is perfect for my skin.

Comments

removes makeup creamy lather BURNS leaves face red This product looked attractive for its "natural" qualities. However, it did not feel natural. This product left my face tight, red and irritated which broke me out.

Guest Anice
Guest Anice

Bottle is attractive Lathers well, you only need a couple drops Gets rid of oil Seriously over-drying Smells really strong Not "natural" When I wash my face in the shower, my entire bathroom becomes consumed with this cleanser's scent and it lingers for a while. I had to stop using it after 2 days because it absolutely parched my skin - it was as if i put rubbing alcohol on my face... very tight and dry. Went back to my old cleanser.

Comments

inexpensive more natural than other neutrogena products effectively removes all makeup smells like fruit punch drying/irritating not as natural as they want you to think I'll admit it gets every last pigment of make-up off my face which is impressive. But it's successful in that because it's so harsh! Gave me dry, red, bumpy patches that I'd never had before. Also smells like some sort of terrible synthetic fruit punch. It's really not as natural as Neutrogena claims. For example: "To make cocamidopropyl betaine one reacts coconut oil with 3-dimethylaminoproplylamine (DMAPA) producing cocamidopropyl dimethylamine, which is then allowed to react with sodium monochloroacetate to get CAPB (cocamidopropyl betaine)." "Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (CAHS) is a synthetic amphoteric surfactant from the hydroxysultaine group" Also includes mysterious unlisted "fragrance" chemicals.

Comments

Smelled ok Lathered nicely Made me break out Price Drying (not extreme) I had high hopes , was very exited when I was about to purchase this item but sadly it didn't work. I only used it for a week and I know maybe I should have given it a shot for more longer but my skin was just horrible . It made me break out and it was a bit drying too. I had yo give it to another family memeber . I didn't like it whatsoever .

Comments

Smelled nice Gentle Helped a bit with acne Didn't do a whole lot I've been using this product for about 3 weeks, in conjunction with the Purifying Pore Scrub. At first, it worked great and i was really excited. But then I started getting little bumps on my forehead, and a few cystic zits. Now, 3 weeks later, I have a LOT of small bumps on my upper forehead, and I've never developed anything like that before. Also, this product does help prevent whiteheads, but now when I do get a pimple, it tends to be a huge, cystic, painful one that won't go away for weeks. On the plus side, the skin that doesn't have acne on it looks very nice.

Comments

Cleans/Removes Makeup Well Willow Bark less irritating than synthetic Salicylic Acid With committed use, reduces acne Fragrance may be too strong for some Can possibly be slightly drying (see review) I really like this product. I am post Accutane almost two years ago, and have been on maintenance Retin-A with a moisturizer. I wasn't quite as clear as I wanted to be, and decided to try a Salicylic Acid wash instead of the sensitive skin wash I was using (Retin-A works on a deeper level, whereas SA stays closer to the surface, helping to clear blackheads and clogged pores). I liked this wash b/c the ingredient list is simple (I've found less is more with acne) with no harsh sulfates, and it has Willow Bark extract as a source of Salicylic Acid. Natural SA from Willow Bark is supposed to be less irritating than synthetic SA, and has antiseptic properties. I did have an initial breakout for around a week and a half, but i knew what it was and I stuck with it. Any retinoid (Differin, Retin-A, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid) is going to cause an initial breakout as it increases the rate of skin turnover and anything deep comes to the surface. This wash has complimented my Retin-A and lotion regimen very well and added the 'boost' I needed for my skin to be clear. I'm not sure about it's effectiveness in clearing acne when used on it's own though. I listed in "cons" that it can by slightly drying b/c the very first time I washed with it, my face did feel a little tight afterward. However, this could have been due to the fact that my regular use of Retin-A makes my skin more prone to sensitivity, and/or the SA use along with Retin-A was dryng at first. It has not made me dry since, but I do use a lotion.

Comments

Got this when I forgot my glycolic cleanser on vacation. I use this 3x a day, in the morning to freshen up, in the afternoon to wash off chlorine, and then in the evening. The first thing I noticed was that I had no zits on my face! Only a spot or two on their way out. My skin also feels very smooth and soft, which is exciting because few cleansers completely even out my complexion. I'm only giving 4 stars to make room for error since it's so soon. I use this with neutrogena 2.5% bp and origins a perfect world moisturizer.

Guest Annie!
Guest Annie!

Feels very nice!! Helps alot with acne All natural Kinda expensive Drys out skin At first it broke me out I've been using this for about a month. At first I didn't like it at all because it broke me out and made my skin dry. But after a week my skin really did clear up!! My skin has improved alot since using this product!!

Guest Gabrielle
Guest Gabrielle

-Makes skin clean -helps to make skin glow -skin feels "good" after using it - all natural -smells amazing -leaves skin feeling fresh - good for any kind of skin( including sensitive skin) - really works well for removing makeup -a bit expensive compared to other cleansers -takes some time to help with acne I love this product. It leaves skin fresh and glowing. My skin has a normal oil content but is a little sensitive, and this product works perfectly. I use this product in the morning to cleanse my skin and make it feel fresh. I also use this product at night to remove my makeup and to cleanse my skin. The fact that is all natural is just a big bonus.

Comments

i love how it feels on my skin. made my skin soft. smells fresh 90% natural kind of helped with acne... there are better acne cleansers... if used twice a day, it made my skin dry and i have oily skin i like it.

Popular Liquid