Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup

Every Highschool Girl's Daily Routine

Like a poster below, I also began wearing Neutrogena SkinClearing Foundation in my sophomore year. It is incredibly light! I literally got such positive compliments on my complexion that I felt compelled to admit I was wearing foundation. They did not believe I was wearing foundation! Honestly, though, I can't really tell if it is clearing my skin from acne, but it covers well and I do not believe it is causing any MORE breakouts. One negative against it: it runs dark. I am a tan to olive skinned caucasian and I where the LIGHTEST shade (number 10 - ivory). I had a friend, who has extremely fair skin, for whom the lightest shade foundation in this line and brand did not match at all. So, to conclude, I think this foundation is excellent and highly recommended for high school girl's as a light and natural coverage, however, I do not recommend it for those who are extremely fair skinned. Good luck!

Great for days out.

Really great product I use Nude foundation and It looks very good for my skin tone also I have used this for about 1 month and like it very much I'm 15 so around my age we will most likely to get acne do put a thin lair on face It will help the acne better than any other foundation good luck girls :-)

Comments

Didn't clear anything but good coverage

I've been using this foundation for about a year and I honestly don't remember if it ever broke me out. The thing is I remember after using it for the first time it just felt so much "lighter" than my previous foundation which was basically caked onto my face. I use A VERY THIN LAYER so maybe thats why it never broke me out.. Because of this I usually don't have to buy it too often, but it is pricy... SO everyone who said it broke them out maybe you were just using too much?

Neutrogena without a doubt

If I do use makeup I use Neutrogena Skin Clearing. It doesn't hide in a thick matter, but it does hide well. Wash your hands before using it, and only apply on pimples rather than ALL over the face. It doesn't clog my pores and I've noticed it dries out the pimple rather quickly. I do not leave it on for more than a couple of hours, and can honestly say it doesn't make me break out after using it. Which I have had other makeup do.

Comments

Long term changed my mind

I used this foundation my sophomore year and loved it.. I really felt like it was taking care of my acne. My acne came back, so I purchased it again, first thing I noticed was that I was slowly creating more acne with this.. I stopped using it, and BAAAM, my forehead and chin got cleared. I have to say though, I loved the coverage it gave because it looked sooooo natural! Especially for me, since I have so much redness on my cheeks and chin. I can't be sure what was breaking me out, but my skin definitely improved AFTER I stopped using this.

Compared other reviews

So I read all of these reviews that others posted saying don't waist your money and it sucks but honestly you're just going to have to try it yourself I started using it my freshman year in highschool and I am now a sophomore in college, I've tried tons of different foundations because I'm a makeup junkie but I always go back to this one. It matches my skin by far the best, it helps my skin, and it's a great natural look. Now on the other reviews saying oh it comes off thoughout the day and oh it didn't work, I wonder if you even read the directions?? Because it says right on the bottle to cleanse your skin, cover the area, 1-3 times a day, and if using prescribed achne products to ask your doctor. Also I don't find it oily because it also says SHAKE WELL before every use. Common ladies read your labels. I absolutely LOVE this makeup and I have recommended it to others such as friends and family and they love it. I work at Ulta Beauty and we don't carry it but I love it more than even the $35 makeup so stop saying it's expensive when it's like $12 (;

Don't waste your money!

This stuff was terrible! It made my entire face break out. Do not use this is you have acne prone/oily skin. It made my face feel like all of my pores were clogged. It also was very watery and had had terrible coverage. Do not waste your money on this product.

Foundation flop

I am a makeup junky and I normally stay away from acne-clearing makeup products because that's what my skin care routine is for, but I wanted to try this. It's really watery and has light to sheer coverage, plan on getting a concealer to use with it, because it's not going to cover any of that acne y'all. (A side note, I always wear a primer no matter what foundation I'm wearing.) This watery mess is a waste of money. The color of the makeup turns throughout the day and seems either come off or slide around even if it's set. If you're absolutely set on getting a "skin clearing" foundation then just hit up Clinique because at least you'll get some coverage and makeup that will stay on.

Bad and good

Good coverage Good shades [I like how the color blended with my skin tone] Smells good Very heavy feeling (makes you feel very uncomfortable) Worsens breakouts Kinda makes you oily Well I bought this foundation 4 weeks ago and It didn't do good for my skin. But It has good coverage and good color selections. (First foundation that had my shade, which is warm beige) I have a yellow undertone btw.

Not for acne prone skin

covers well breakouts While I found this foundation to cover well and look great throughout the day, it did not help clear up any pimples, in fact it broke me out. And I mean really badly, after only one week. If you are not acne prone, this might be a great product for you, especially if you have oily skin. But if you are acne prone at all, I just wanted to warn you.

meh

nice shades makes skin look oily and/or flaky not much coverage doesn't stay on very long i give the 1 and a half stars because it does not go on even, does not cover much, becomes flaky (even if skin isnt dry), and makes skin look oily. It does give some coverage but not much. this does not clear acne at all. It is just like most makeup and makes it worse because it clogs pores.

Comments

Good acne fighter/coverage for darker skin tones, Unnatural orange shade for pale skin

Clears Breakouts Bad choice for pale skin May dye skin slightly darker Non-hygenic container (pours out, no pump) i'd vote this 2 1/2 stars. This foundation is one of the only ones that has actually helped my acne clear up a bit, i'd give it 4 stars for that! However if you have extremely pale skin like me, this is not the best bet. It looks unnaturally dark and orange (and i'm talking their lightest ivory color)- and i swear it dyed my skin a bit darker after using it for awhile. If you are tan or have a darker shade of skin and are acne prone- this product could work very well for you! Neutrogena needs to create a foundation for us super pale folks too (this goes for most skincare companies)! i'm hoping for a day when they will create such a shade.

Comments

Dries out zits Not oily Looks good all day Causes breakouts (when used consistently) A little drying (if you don't put moisturizer first) In the past I have used this product every day for weeks, and in my opinion it is the best makeup for acne prone skin the drug stores have. It applies well,

Comments

Oily, Shiny finish Did nothing for my skin Too little coverage I had this foundation, but found that it did absolutely nothing for my skin, and it was terrible as a foundation too! It was too oily, and looked oily even after applying a generous layer of powder over top. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin and the coverage wasn't good at all, seeing as this is supposed to be formulated for acne prone skin. It smells AWFUL too, overall a terrible product in my eyes.

Guest Kare
Guest Kare

weightless foundation Really Works! Matches my skin tone perfect! none:) This is my second day using this foundation and i love it!! It started clearing my skin on the first day I think I've found my new foundation for forever:)

Comments

None Causes breakouts dryness Honestly every product I ever used from Neutrogena always made my complexion worse its false advertising for sure. My Dermatologist recommended using Clinique products because they work closely with other dermatologists, so that's what I did, I dont like that theyre really expensive though, anyways my point is that I had the worst experience with Neutrogena compared to other store products.

Guest Barbie
Guest Barbie

none really... Causes EXTREME EXTREME dryness even after stopping use Doesn't clear up acne Looks like a mask Expensive for drugstore foundation This product was used for a week and has been thrown in the back of my makeup collection since that week. I bought it because I figured it wouldn't clog up my pores and would help clear up some little blemishes. Instead, I got a flaky peeling face that was sooo painful. The pain went away but my usual combination/oily skin is now flaky and dry. I stopped using this product 2 months ago and my skin still has acne and is still peeling DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT

Comments

Reduces shine/ oil Reduces pimple sizes Great light/light med coverage Helps with light redness i have Can use alone None for a liquid :) Tho, First one i got was a shade too light Use a hydrant first for smoothness. At first, I only used their pressed powder Then I started buying this close to a yr ago in med beige and its been one of the 2 types of foundations I use! I had moderate-severe acne & now i have light/ moderate :) LOVE this!

Comments

full coverage smells good breakout doesn't clear This product worked for me in the way that it was good coverage and blended with my skin tone nicely but it is a little thick. I stopped using this product for awhile, and then I put it on randomly one day and had the worst breakout I've ever had in my life :(

Guest Victoria
Guest Victoria

Came somewhat close to my skintone Chalky, drying, wrinkle accentuating, clogs pores, doesn't last The worst foundation I've ever tried. I had my hopes up when I bought it, because it was a pale yellowy color (like my skin), and it was for acne prone skin. The fourth (but first one that doesn't evaporate) ingredient is talc, which is slightly comedogenic. If your skin is even slightly dry, it will bring out every skin flake or wrinkle. It is somewhat sheer, and fades away throughout the day. Not too happy with it.

Guest Lyssssaaa (:
Guest Lyssssaaa (:

oil-free applies well blends well looks good at first gives oily skin throughout day -____- doesn't actually "clear" acne soooo, I did this because i saw it on youtube, it looks pretty good, but i would only recommend it for short-term use. don't believe the whole clears you skin thing... if you look in the ingredients it only has like 0.02% salicylic acid. i got the perfect color for my skin but when i went out in the sun it looks caked and waaaay too dark. if you do INSIST on getting this product make sure you use a primer and have the blotting pads, because it makes your skin SOOOO OILY through out the day. and get a lighter color than you actual skin! hahah (:

Popular Foundation