Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation

Makes Skin Oily..

LOOOOOVE the color selection but the only thing that sucks is the oiliness it makes your skin. My skin is oily enough without it.

Safe!

I have been using this foundation since about 2015. The things I like about this foundation is that I don't feel it clogs my pores and I feel it is safe to use. It offers lighter coverage. This can be good and bad. Sometimes I when my skin is breaking out, I feel that caking foundation on just looks so much worse. This foundation offers a nice evening of the skin tone and some coverage without looking awful. The color selection is not the best, I am pretty fair, and this color I use is very pinky/orange, but not the worst I have seen. Overall, I feel this is my safe foundation I use time and time again that I know will not further aggravate my skin.

Gentle!

I have oily and easily irritated skin and this product is very gentle! It gives me medium to full coverage without looking cakey. Top off with setting powder and this should last a whole a day.

Comments

This gets zero stars from me but had to rate one star to post

Terrible makeup caused cystic acne but did not realize until a couple months later this makeup was the problem.

bad for oily skin

This foundation is very translucent and thin. That said, if you need good coverage and/or have even slightly oily skin, avoid this product. Because it's so runny, it draws attention to any scabbing/flakiness/dry patches. Even with a setting powder it doesn't stay matte for long. Would only be good if your skin is not dry or oily at all.

Comments

A Good drug store foundation.

This is a really nice drugstore foundation. Light/medium coverage, blends nicely and looks really natural. However, since it is more targeted towards anti-aging, it has a very dewy/glowy finish which can be problematic for people with oily skin. I have combo skin - my t-zone gets super oily but my cheeks are dry. This does make me face feel a bit greasy without a good primer and setting powder.

Greasy looking

Good for skin kinda Too sheer SUPER Liquidy Oily-looking I like how this is good for your skin, but it looks terrible when applied. It's so sheer, and makes my dry skin look oily. If you have no acne or scars, it's perfect. Not for people with scars though!

Greaseball!!!

Horribly comedogenic Greasy looking Bad color range Alright, so recently, I've come to terms with realizing that my skin is combination, but on the drier side. Yet, I live in a humid climate so I am always sweating outside. The struggle is real. Anyway, I had been trying to stray away from matte formulas, as they only accentuate my dryness. I heard this was a dupe for NARS Sheer Glow, which I'm in love with. Let me just tell you, this stuff is horrible. There is zero coverage, and I'm only a light-medium coverage kind of girl, but it still gives you a "I just ran a marathon" sweaty look. Yuck!!!! Not to mention, the day after I used it, three new pimples popped up on my previously clear skin. This stuff just looks and feels awful, the whole time I was wearing it, it's almost like I could just feel my pores clogging up.

Comments

I like this make up, it is the only product that doesn't make my break out worse. However, I do think it contributes to some of my acne. It is pretty good at evening skin tone. I can actually sleep with this make up on, without it irritating my skin. I used to have severe acne, because I am so sensitive to products. I guess this product gives me acne I can deal with? lol -greasy -thick -wish it didn't have sunscreen in it I like it I would recommend it, but I wish it didn't have sunscreen or at least not that much. I don't really like sunscreen, because our bodies were made to get sun.

Sunscreen helps with getting rid of acne scars and irritation that's why it's in the product

thin application greasy feel This would be great for people with dry or just non-oily skin. This looked really good on me for about 30 minutes. Bottom line: Don't use this if you have oily skin. This foundation feels heavy will make you look greasy. I wish I kept the receipt.

Guest Natalie
Guest Natalie

It gave me a lot of coverage. SUPER dry, my skin flakes EVERY time I use it! Even mixed with moisturizer Not worth it!

Comments

Light feel Pleasant smell Goes on smooth Medium coverage Moisturizing No pump (messy/waste product) Pricey (for a drugstore product) This is a product I would recommend for girls with dry/normal skin. The furthest I would push is combination skin- which is what I have. It gives you a nice dewy finish but sometimes it might look too much if not set with powder. I would not suggest this product for oily skin because the dewy finish with the oil will not look good. If you MUST, then I would suggest using a mattifier and powder. I have not gotten acne breakouts from this product. This is good for year round but I would wear this more in the winter months.

Comments

It covers well, Has a yellow undertone and matches my skin, which can be hard, It doesn't go on too thick or clumpy, It leaves a nice finish With my oily skin the dewey finish looked like an oil slick, It has a very odd smell it's not horrible, but odd when first smelt, I felt like it clogged my pores I'm always looking for foundations that offer good coverage and are able to match my skin tone, I found that all in this foundation. I feel like it is a good foundation, not just a good one for me, and I feel like it did aggravate my acne to some extent...but that is to be expected if you are wearing makeup with acne. I do recommend it and if you are looking for a good foundation and have relatively good skin I would try it out. I'm sure I'll come back to this when I no longer have active acne and would just want to even my skin tone lightly.

Comments

Likely to cause acne Expensive The third ingredient'”Ethylhexyl Palmitate'”is a big fat FOUR on the comedogenic scale of 0 to 5 (see here: [link removed] or here: [link removed] I bought a bottle based on the reviews here, but after getting it home and realizing this little bit of info, I can't bring myself to apply it to my face. I noticed a few reviews mentioned that it gave the user cystic acne. No wonder! Total waste of money.

Comments

great coverage didnt cause me to brake out. the only problem i had, was it made my skin a little bit oily. great product.

Comments

It feels light on the skin, and the finish after it is applied is really nice. It looks nice and dewy. I've found that it is buildable, and you can still get that same nice look as a result. The color selection. They have a limited color selection. If you are pale, then the lightest shade might still look dark on your skin. Overall, I would recommend this product based on the way the makeup looks on the skin after the application is finished. It is buildable, and I've found that it didn't break me out and that was months after wearing it.

Guest Taylor
Guest Taylor

Covers well but it's light Good for dry skin Natural coloring Gives natural look Easy to blend Works with skin, doesn't irritate Expensive :( It's easy to spill Not great for people with really oily skin It won't irriatate your skin, easily covers blemishes, stays looking natural!

Comments

Decent coverage The right shade No cakeyness Makes me shiny Doesn't last long Not reccomened for those with oily skin. Good coverage.

Guest Molly
Guest Molly

nice and light does not make acne worse wears out throughout the day It's great! My friends can never tell that i have makeup on; looks natural!

Comments

Looks/feels natural Smells nice Great coverage Doesn't cake Light Seems to actually help with clearing skin up Makes skin look a bit oily from time to time I would recommend it to everyone who is thinking to buy it. I really like it and plan to use it for a long time. But I probably wouldnt suggest it if you have oily skin, but you can always put a little bit of powder over it to reduce shine it can create. Actually seems to help me with clearing of u skin, skin does look healthier and not just when I wear it but in general. LOVE IT!!!

Comments

*Doesn't break me out as much as other products. *Very light-weight. *Smells nice :D. *Mildly improved my skin. *Amount of Foundation lasts pretty long. *Wears away after only a few hours. *Makes skin a little shiny. *Pricey (for what my usual budget on makeup is anway). I would tell anyone who's thinking about buying this product to get it. It works well for me, and the condition of my skin at least looks healthier.

Comments

smells good feels lightweight covers looks natural No pump :( comes off easy w/o setting spray/powder I love this makeup. I just sometimes notice that when I go a few days WITHOUT it, I break out. I might just be paranoid

Comments

Very natural Doesnt cake Buildable coverage Smooth feeling Smell Gets a bit shiny Love it! I use this over my entire forehead and spot it on around my mouth and chin. It looks really beautiful and NATURAL on. It could cover a bit more but its buildable. I like the smell and the texture is kinda velvety. It gives my skin a nice glow and it seems to have improved my texture(as the bottle said it would). Also works well over flaky pimples and skin. Overall great product

Comments

Nice coverage I have sensitive acne-pron skin and this product has fragrance in it. No, I wouldn't recommend this product for people who have acne prone or sensitive skin!

Comments

light. last a long time commericals says it "makes skin look healthier" well not for me, but they again i have serve acne. if you have oily skin and need to touch up ever hour it is going to look cakey and it will be difficult to wash it off. i like it and will probaly contiue wearing it for a long time

Popular Foundation