Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15 Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15

Was a fan for years but that changed

I really thought Neutrogena was like a safe brand for so many years. I didn't even think that it could be making my skin worse 'cause they were so trustworthy. But then I read this article about sunscreens that actually cause or increase your likelihood of getting skin cancer. and guess what brand was super high on the list? Yup - my trusted bestie Neutrogena. So that got tossed in the garbage pronto. And special benefit, after years and years of using it, my skin instantly started not breaking out as often!

Formula change? broad Spectrum added

I have used this for 5+ years with excellent results. Following the acne.org regimen using Neutrogena on the spot, Neutrogena Gentle cleansing wash, & this. Last month I bought this and noticed that the ingredients had changed and it now says broad spectrum. That made me nervous bc my skin has been clear for a while and I know how any little change of product can affect things. The first couple days of using this I had a rashy scaly feeling on my face (not red just rashy to the touch) then that went away and I started getting a few hard cysts under my skin in places that normally don't break out (my chin is usually the problem area) but this was on my hairline, by my eyebrow, around my nose. Has anyone else noticed the formula change? Its making me crazy. I just want my old lotion back. I have to stop using it, I'm afraid of what my skin will look like if i don't. I guess I will go back to using a gentle moisturizer like cetaphil. But wont get all the benefits of this lotion-- the exfoliating, decreasing red marks fast). i give the old formula 5 stars. This new formula 0 stars or 1 if i have to! I would recommend the old version in a heartbeat! but stay away from the new!

Unbelievably good!

Significant Improvement in overall appearance of skin Smells good Didn't irritate my acne & has helped reduced breakouts A little background for those of you who can relate, and might want to consider trying this lotion: I have adult acne and I've tried every product in the book aside from Accutane. It's not fun. Fortunately, I don't have severe acne, but I always have at least one big, inflamed zit, several red spots and just overall 'bumpy', dull, irritated skin. I have moderate scarring, and pretty big pores too. My skin is very dry in some spots and very oily in others, so there's another obstacle when picking a lotion for my face. I have been searching for a lotion that will not make me break out more, and one that is hydrating enough for the dry skin but not enough to make my oily spots more oily. A while back, I had gone to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Retin-A. It was one of the few products that did help my acne, but the side effects really weren't worth it. My face peeled like crazy and did not stop even after 2 months or so of using it, On top of that, it made my face look like I slathered it with baby oil. Once again I was shopping for something new to try on my face and I found this lotion. The amount of alpha hydroxy in this lotion wasn't overkill, and I figured it was worth trying, since the Retin-A did help my acne, and is somewhat similar to it. Maybe the side effects wouldn't be as bad. No high hopes when I bought it though, because I've become quite a pessimist when it comes to expecting results. First week-- I had 2 pretty nasty zits on my cheek the day I started using them, and they were nothing but little red pigmentation marks after using this morning & night for 2 days. -I didn't experience any 'burning' except for a brief sting over pimples that were irritated. A little tingling overall, but not at all painful. -It made the pimples and spots on my face look 10x more red immediately after putting this on, but went back to normal within 5 mins or so -My face actually looked even in moisture- it was amazing. Dry spots were hydrated, and the oily spots of my face no longer looked oily- just hydrated. I noticed this effect almost immediately, and it lasted throughout the day. I have been using this for a little over a month now and I have never seen my face look so healthy. My pores look smaller, scars have faded dramatically and my skin just looks sooo good. My acne isn't gone entirely- but the 'bumpy' appearance is gone, and any new pimples that do pop up, are much smaller and less irritated than before, and heal in no time. I also have had many days so far that I haven't had a single big, inflamed zit at all. I also have not experienced any peeling. I no longer consider my skin 'combination', but normal. No oily spots, no dry spots. This has literally been the only product that I have used in the past 10 years of dealing with 'bad skin' that has lived up to it's claims. My face looks SO much healthier. I'm so happy I bought this stuff!! :)

Hi! Please, can you tell me whether you still use this moisturizer? A more recent post from someone else said that the formula has changed. Your review made the moisturizer sound too good to be true, but if it is still that good, I will go find it. I have awful breakouts twice a month because of hormones, so I dread putting anything on my skin that might irritate it!
Guest sally
Guest sally

Its absorbs well when used with jojoba. The jojoba also takes away the sting. I use 2 pumps with one drop of jojoba oil mixed together then pat into my face. My acne is under control now, no breakouts.I also use benzoyl peroxide 5% - rugby brand -cost $6 in small pharmacies. it stings and burns badly when I first started using it. I wanted to stop, but I started using the jojoba oil and it did wonders. its a great product when used with jojoba oil. I suggest you get some. My skin is now glowing. My scars are slowly fading away. My face looks smoother. Not sure if my pores are getting smaller. But my acne is under control. Try it!

Comments

non -it burns badly -left me with a terrible rash on cheeks -smells bad -overly drying but somehow still leaves your skin greasy I had tried other Neutrogena lotions which worked fine but I wanted something with a sun screen and I was drawn in by the "promising effects". When I first tried it it burned so badly, but I thought I needed to get used to it so I continued. The stinging never went away. It left me with skin so dry that it would flake off in areas but it was somehow making my skin overly greasy, which I didn't even know was possible. Don't waste your time or money, this product is terrible.

Guest Karen
Guest Karen

DId help my skin. But it does sting on the open areas. I've been using it a month or so under Acnomel. It is helping with bumps and blackheads. STINGS. I just bear it, because it does help. Helps my skin, stings when first applied, but I feel it worth it when the blackheads and white bumps were reduced.

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

NONE. Will burn your skin, literally if you aren't careful. This product burned my skin. I'm not sure how, but it did. I am using Tazorac at night and have been for several months and was going to use an AHA moisturizer in the mornings as a way to fade pigmentation, and oh look what it did? BURNED MY FACE. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT. If you are on ANY retinoid (differin, tazorac, or retin-a) DO NOT USE THIS. Mine is healing now thankfully, but I am going to try and sue this company for NOT displaying the percentage of glycolic acid in the lotion.

Guest chrissy
Guest chrissy

Clears up acne Makes skin smooth Could be more expensive Smell is a bit off-putting Initial sting Using this lotion (in conjuction with a gentle cleanser) twice a day has quickly cleared up my acne. I have been seeing a dermatologist for almost 12 years, and nothing has ever worked this well (including accutane!). I even strayed from the routine for about a week, and I broke out significantly. I definitely recommend this to someone with light-moderate acne that hasn't been able to be solved with any thing else. This really worked miracles for me.

Guest Jennifer
Guest Jennifer

It works!!! Smooths and clears skin Evens out skin tone Reduces time it takes for pimples to heal Burns at first (a lot the first couple of days, then not so much) If you use too much, it will make your face really oily I highly recommend this product. A couple of months ago, I stopped using Proactiv. It just wasn't working for me anymore. I was experiencing more breakouts, dryness, and an uneven skin tone. To add to my frustration, I started getting cysts, too. I started doing research and read the reviews for this product. I was a bit scared to try a new moisturizer because every other moisturizer I had tried in the past made me break out. Not this one! Yay! I also bought the Anti-wrinkle, Anti-blemish face wash/cleanser (about $7.00 at Walmart). I have been using both products for just over two weeks now, and my face is really looking great! I will say that the moisturizer does sting for a few days when you first start using it - but that goes away by the end of the first week. Also, I only used it at night for two weeks, and then worked up to both day and night. You don't need much. A little goes a long way. Some people say it makes their skin too oily. At first, that happened to me, too. I tried using less product, and that made a huge difference. Bottom line... my acne was what I would consider moderate 2-1/2 weeks ago. Now it is very light.

Guest Lisa
Guest Lisa

? I applied it. It stung at 1st, now burns. My skin had no problems other then dullness from age and too much oil on my nose. But after few days of using this mornings, my face started drying. My face was soft before, It looks and feels dried out and flaking all over. If I feel my skin, its dry & coarse & rough like craters. I am on here looking up what to do to undo the damage done. I did find the ageless intensive deep wrinkle syrum was great, so I decided to try the others. Hope heals/corrects. Dangerous medicated cream if you appreciate your looks. I wanted to improve my skin not worsen and damage it. I clicked on one on rating system only to allow me to post this review. I don't recommend it at all.

Guest Mae
Guest Mae

it burns, dryness and roughness on skin so i started breaking out and i would spot treat a few areas with bp then after i would apply this stuff. it burns yes, first few days it did get rid of the redness i had from previous acne (which was about a yr ago.), but after few days of using this morning and night. my face started drying. It might have been due to the lemon and sugar scrub I used to exfoliate my face which might've intensified this product (because lemon also has AHA. But my face looks somewhat even but if you feel my skin, its not soft, its somewhat dry and coarse..or rough..point is.. its not smooth like it was before! So i stopped using this stuff last night, and will continue to monitor my skin.

Guest Rose
Guest Rose

Clears up acne. Light but effective. Anti-aging formula. Relatively cheap. Stings initially. I love this stuff. It's literally the only thing that keeps my adult acne at bay. I've been using it for years and I won't switch. It's cheaper than a lot of moisturizers and you can find it anywhere. It keeps my dry skin moisturized without being thick and heavy. While it does sting initially or if you haven't used it in a few days, it's really not that bad. No worse than eyebrow plucking or razor burn, and it goes away quickly. It claims to be anti-aging, and while I haven't conducted a scientific study, I know that I at nearly 30 years old still get ID'd at the liquor store every now and then. And the legal age is 19! So while I can't prove it's helping, it's certainly not hurting.

Guest Tony
Guest Tony

none stings, makes your skin red, burns, expensive,doesnt help with flaking, irritates skin, will make you break out and leave red marks I tried using this and I have pretty sensitive skin, used at night after bp which I use twice a day and it burns,stings and made my face really red. seemed to irritate and caused major breakout. beware if you have sensitive skin!! I now use the CereVe skin products which were recommended by my derm and work a lot better then this stuff

Popular With SPF