Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin

Great for preventing acne

If you are looking for a product that clears acne this wouldn't be the one. Although this helps prevent future acne by clearing what's inside the pours with hydroxyl acid. So this product does its purpose

It's alright I guess.

During the start of my bad breakout from CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, my dad bought me this to combat the breakouts. It works well for that purpose but being the idiot I am, I frequently used it (2 twice a day) and it started to burn my skin. I've limited my usage to once every week and I guess it helps. It can be very drying, keep that in mind too, so you may need a moisturizer (I stopped using moisturizers, they made my breakouts worse).

AKD

No miracle

Fresh Foamy Convenient packgaging At the beginning it seemed like this product was really working and my skin felt really clean, but after a month or two I had worse skin than ever before. I can't really say if this was influenced by stress and diet, but I switched to a cheap tea tree facial cleanser a week ago and I am already seeing improvement.

Just Okay

Gentle Smells good Clears acne well Not for moderate to severe acne Wasn't harsh or irritating, but also it didn't totally clear my skin. It would be partially smooth and clear in some places, but I would still get bumps. I assume it's pretty good for mild acne.

User363689

Too harsh for sensitive skin

Drying Irritating I tried this for less than one week. After the 3rd use my face is extremely tight. My skin feels like it's burning and the texture feels bumpy. Bumpy like a rash, not a breakout. But I imagine that with continued use it would break out. Do not get this near eyes! My skin feels so tight and dried out from this that it is difficult to blink. This product might be ok once every week but way too harsh for everyday use.

Comments

This actually cleared my acne!

Price is right! Deep cleans! Removes makeup well Must use a good moisturizer This actually cleared my acne! I'm 30 and have always experienced mild acne. I have had acne worsen while on Mirena birth control and flared out of control when I had the mirena iud removed. Between this cleanser, 100% witch hazel and Derma e Soothing Moisturizing Creme, my acne is almost completely gone! Although my acne is most likely hormonal for the most part, I do like to wear makeup (switched to Loreal's BB cream recently. Highly suggest!). I also work in an indoor butterfly garden which is a high temperature/high humidity environment. I sweat and get dirty. The odds are against me when it comes to acne!

Comments

It burned my face very bad. I will never use this again.

Comments

Clears acne Leaves skin clean Reduces swelling and redness Drying (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) Expensive I have been using this for about two days and I already see a difference. My pimples are finally clearing-up! A good cleanser for the Acne.org regimen. I recommend it!!

Guest whydeo
Guest whydeo

Easy to wash Clean fragrance Leaves my skin feeling refreshed Doesn't require a lot per application Good price Trusted brand None, for me. I rated my acne as severe but I'm actually acne-free now. I had severe acne when I started using this. It has helped my skin recover. My skin is naturally slightly oily and I live in a tropical climate so it doesn't feel dry at all. I love this product and won't change it for any other.

Guest Lisa
Guest Lisa

-skin feels really clean -cleared some acne -skin dries out -some burning Personally, this is not meant as a daily cleanser. It strips the skin of all oils/skin so skin dries out very fast, and then starts to burn. I recommend it only 2-3 week, as a deep clean. Definitely use a moisturizer afterwards, like jojoba oil (natural) or an aloe based lotion.

Guest rachel
Guest rachel

Keeps oil and shine at bay Clears acne AWSOME!!! :-) I really miss Deep Clean Sport Not meant for dry skin It really works but not meant for dry skin however it does state on the bottle for combination to oily skin

Guest M
Guest M

Never felt any cleanser that clean my pores well than this one. (I have combination to mild-oily skin) Way too clean & does not have moisturizing element at all. A No-No for those who has combination to dry skin. It has been my go for cleanser for many years after several trials on other cleanser. Even though it's not the best it helps to control oil on my skin. But still tad too dry. Also no improvement on spot scars or acne. Still looking for a good cleanser.

Guest Kelly
Guest Kelly

Cleared up ance -DRIED MY SKIN OUT -FELT LIKE MY FACE WAS ON FIRE! -BURNS BADLY -RUINS SKIN SURFACE -HORRIBLE RED RASHES This stuff is HORRIBLE. Ive been suffering for almost 5 days now......i have rashes all over my face that feel like my skin is on fire.....DONT BUY THIS.

Guest FIQA
Guest FIQA

NICE SMELL good for my acne face!

Comments

makes skin feel soft acne vanishes dry skin It is for you if you do not have a severe case of acne. U should test allergy first. Do not use if you have DRY skin. It works well for OILY skin.

Comments

Clean smell No oil control, does not prevent acne I use a Clarisonic face brush and figured any cleanser would be fine with it so I decided to switch from my $20 cleanser (Philosophy's Purity) to this. I figured it would be good since I need deep cleaning for my large and backhead ridden pores. I rarely get acne and since using this product I have breakouts all the time, everywhere. I guess cleansers do make a difference so I will be going to back to my faithful expensive stuff that worked like I just had a facial. This stuff also didn't help my oily T-zone. I refuse to buy in to the "purge" excuse everytime you switch cleansers. My face just doesn't feel clean after using this.

Guest Caprielle
Guest Caprielle

smells nice doesnt help with acne REALLY DRIES OUT YOUR SKIN! THIS THING GAVE ME (and my sister who also used the product) A HORRIBLE RASH!! it doesnt make much difference to the skin and im it causes major irritation.

Guest jenny
Guest jenny

Skin feels good after use, removes dead skin Doesnt foam, doesnt get rid of acne. This cleanser does clean pores but doesnt help with getting rid of acne. I only recommend buying if you want a basic cleanser. if u want it to help with acne dont bother.

Comments

Cleans out pores more thoroughly than anything else. Skin feels incredibly clean right after using it Don't expect it to be an overnight cure, this is a long-term treatment and at first it may get worse before better - see below. This product is fantastic, however, there are a couple things you need to know. This product is not intended to be used alone, is should be part of a skin care regimine. I recommend Neutrogena Salicyclic Acid toner (a blue liquid in a clear bottle) and finally Neutrogena On The Spot 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (the 2.5% is vital as anything higher usually irritates the acne). This product is not supposed to be used alone. Also, as with most acne treatments it will probably make you break out at first because it's bringing blemishes to the surface. This is inevitable when you start any good acne regimine. Also, it will take time for your skin to adapt to it, so your skin might product more oil at first, but after time it will settle down and you'll have great results. L

Guest Em
Guest Em

* Cleaned skin well * Made some blemishes smaller * Dried out skin in non-oily areas * Felt like someone rolled wax on my face after washing with it * Made some new whiteheads form * Made my skin SUPER oily Ok first off, you people that say it helps oil are delusional!! I used this before church and after church oil was literally dripping from my face. It also dried out my skin when I used it the previous night and I almost cried when I woke up that Sunday morning with new whiteheads on my nose :( It also made my skin super shiny which was embarassing and even my own grandma noticed (which doesnt normally notice much on the face area) This cleanser sucks!

Comments

Less oil Pimples are smaller Dry irritation My face is really oil so it helps lower my sebum production on my face.. Has dry irritation on my forehead. Doesnt help acne that well but it does help pimples get smaller.

Comments

I love the smell, the color and the feeling after use. Makes my face dry after use but with the help of a moisturizer, it somewhat reduce the dryness of my face. It's good.

Comments

It help my skin become less oily ( but made my mouth and nose EXTREMELY dry that it begun to turn red and hurt D: ) Helped my skin for about a week ( kind of ) Didn't help acne at all .. burned my face .. dried skin incredibly . I used this for about a month and at first it was amazing ... For the first week it made my skin feel so smooth , made my oily skin dry and helped my acne SLIGHTLY ( a few pimples would shrink but not BIG pimples :[ ) Then after about a week or so it kind of just stopped working and my face became VERY dry. It started to irritate and even moving my face was such a pain and it was AWFUL ! As a result after about 3 weeks my face suddenly started to break out ! It was HORRIBLE !

Guest Keisha
Guest Keisha

-It smells good. -Skin feels smooth after using it. -Reduces oil secretion on the face - noticed it 2 weeks after using the product. -Really removes impurities on the face - even makeup. -Acne breakouts appear on the first week of using this product. A good cleanser, makes your skin feels smooth and refreshed but it doesn't really exterminates acne. Effective in oil control, best matched with Neutrogena Deep Clean facial foam. Also if suffering from severe acne, best matched with oral antibiotics. ;)

Guest Stéphane
Guest Stéphane

its overall a great cleanser, over the past year I've used it, its been a real trooper to me, and has never disappointed. I use it twice a day for the best results. over-usage can lead to dry skin. I've never experienced redness of any kind. its a great acne cleanser, used twice a day for best results.

Popular Liquid