Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, Oil Free Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, Oil Free

DEEP CLEANS

I first started using this product about 3 years ago, in high school when my acne was pretty bad. I noticed after 3 months of using this my acne cleared up and my skin was a little bit brighter. I have been using this for about 4 years, however I did notice that my skin gets more and more sensitive after each use, so I only use it every other day. I don't recommend this to sensitive skin.

Oil Control

I only use this product in the spring/summer in the mornings. It really helps to control my oil throughout the day! My skin feels refreshed after I wash with this. However, it does nothing for my acne. I would rate this product 5 stars but it doesn't help my acne.

Comments

Clean smell, Clean tingly feeling you would normally have from a cream cleanser, Great for evening use, Inexpensive, Doesn't seem to make breakouts worse It does over-dry the face when used in the morning I was influenced to by this by Cassandra Bankson, known as diamondsandheels14 on her YouTube channel. I pretty much try everything she recommends actually. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd bottle right now, I really liked it at first, but with continued morning and night use, it did start to dry my skin out in the mornings. I am currently seeking a more gentle morning cleanser, so my skin won't be all dry and flaky for makeup application, but I do think I'll use it in the evenings at least until I run out.

Comments

Dries Out Skin, Acne All Over My Face This cleanser made my face dry... Sooo dry that made my face itchy. It made my acne worse! I also think it causes my nosebleed. I never had my nose bleed before. Ever since I used this cleanser my nose bleeds about two times now.

Guest Switching from the USA
Guest Switching from the USA

-Skin feels cleanish -Smells nice -Leaves residue -Makes skin feel tight -Does not clear acne -Doesn't lather well I had bought this product after seeing lots of infomercials about how great it was. Honestly, I wouldn't buy it. It does not work whatsoever for me. I am switching to Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash as soon as I can.

Guest Jade
Guest Jade

Doesn't dehydrate skin tingles cleans well smooths skin smaller (looking) pores/bumps/acne need to use a lot results aren't big first few uses may irritate eyes on my 2nd tube now :) even though i have oily skin i like sticking to cream cleansers since gel can dehydrate my skin making it look patchy and flaky. the first few uses it tingles my face and irritated my eyes but it got rid of my acne and after few more uses it doesn't irritate my eyes anymore. i use it 1-2 times a day and occasionally 3 times best cream cleanser i ever used :D but since it doesn't lather that well u might need to use more than the usual cream cleanser

Guest Chloe
Guest Chloe

-tingle feeling when done -doesn't dry out skin -makes skin look miraculous -smells good -cheap -you have to wash your face twice to get the full effect Really good cleanser! I swear by it now! Love it!<3

Comments

-cleans skin really well -nice tingle and smell -can dry out big spots - if used when not breaking out or used too much can make you break out which defeats the purpose - doesnt always clear off all makeup i do like this its oil free and smells lovely but menthol isnt reallygood for acne:/ i use it once or twice a week on nights when i just want my make up off to go bed quickly if used too much broke me out but if used twice or so a week can dry up spots quicker so 50/50

Comments

-gentle for sensitive skin -non drying -helped smooth rough patches -cheap -felt clearer -no bad ingredients -tingles strong in eyes -wash twice to remove make up Love this stuff! I was scared because I have sensitive skin. Didn't aggrevate my acne. Helped me heal. I also used a sulfur cream afterwards.

Guest Karlynn
Guest Karlynn

at first it worked.. dries oily skin out, irritates. this product is absolutely horrible. I used it every morning and night, this product damaged my skin completely. I have rather oily skin, and after I used this disgusting sh*t my skin is flakey, red, dry, and definitely not pretty to look at. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Comments

-makes skin feel really smooth - doesn't dry out skin -isn't oily - does not help acne whatsoever Just a great face wash for people with little to no acne.

Guest Pink bird
Guest Pink bird

Cheap cooling sensation doesn't remove the makeup need extra sunscreen it's good but cannot be used alone if you ware makeup

Guest Shirley
Guest Shirley

Works Better than any facial cleansers that I have tried. none Works great!

Comments

The first week or so using this cleanser, your skin looks clean and it looks promising. After a while, my skin started to dry out a little by little. After 2-3 weeks, my skin broke out. A pimple would come out one time, and just as it was getting smaller and disappearing, another came out. Now, I haven't even finished the cleanser, and my face just started breaking out all over, pimple here and there, which causes acne scars which is even harder to get rid of than acne. This is not a good cleanser and I would not buy it again nor would I recommend anyone with dry and/or sensitive skin to purchase it.

Comments

Cleansers, cleans - does it's job. none Great cleanser, it's not to be used alone to treat acne.. I use BP or Neutrogena Clear Gel to treat that as well as this. A healthy diet is also a must. This is definitely one of the best cleansers I've tried and I'll continue to use it.

Guest Rohit Nimkar
Guest Rohit Nimkar

helps in removing the dirt, improves complexion, helped in breakouts, love the clean look after using the product. helped fight my acne.. this product can cause a lot of irritation for some people but i personally never felt my skin drying out. people with a very oily skin should use this product. i personally recommend using this product.

Guest Lily Chou
Guest Lily Chou

it doesn't really fight acne, but it makes your acne look better makes your skin feel cold

Comments

Leaves my skin fresh and clean Dries out skin! I love the way this product feels, but after using it on the regular it dried out my skin terribly. I had to stop using it.

Guest Elise
Guest Elise

Does clean acne and leaves skin feeling good Drys out the skin a little Works greattach just drys out skin

Guest shelly
Guest shelly

takes off water-proof sunscreen, cheap, easy to find none This is what I use to take off my very water-proof sunscreen (shiseido), it does a good job at cleansing. This gives you a tingling sensation from the menthol, but I don't find it offensive or irritating. Rinses clean and does not worsen acne, or cause it.

Guest Em
Guest Em

*Controls oilyness *Makes skin smooth * Does not fight acne * Doesn't feel like its cleaning I used another form of this product called Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control Cleanser which is pretty much the same thing as this but with rice protein. Let me start out in saying this for a few weeks, left me shine free and made my skin feel pretty. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true because it causes breakouts and it didnt feel like it was cleaning well. Ugh! This crappy deep clean cream cleanser line has my skin pimply looking and ugly!!!

Guest K me
Guest K me

made skin feel really good didnt clear acne would buy it again but with another acne cleanser

Guest Roxy
Guest Roxy

-After only ONE wash my skin felt excellent, I got compliments everywhere, same one everytime: "You're glowing" -Nice tingly feeling, though it does not have to do with being cleaned, apparently -Did not dry out my face -Inexpensive -While improving look of skin, does not primarily fight acne 5/5 for me.

Comments

oil-free face and fresh minty feeling none

Comments

I love the tingly feeling. Believe it or not I would use this as a spot treatment if one of my angry red friends had popped. It worked really well in removing excess crap from the area. None really A lot of people have said stay away from this product, but not all products work the same for every person. I say give it a try...it was worth it for me and that's why I finally bought another bottle!

Popular Cream