Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask Reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask

Turning point product, IF it's the right fit for your skin type!

I had very stubborn acne in high school and had been trying to use salicylic acid to solve my problems. I used a variety of SA washes and none really helped. In fact, the exfoliation of SA might have even irritated my skin further. My doctor recommended me to try benzoyl peroxide and I picked up this one because it has moderate concentration. I now use this at night (a more gentle and natural cleanser in the morning) and my skin has never been better. Because of the creamy texture I don't find it overly drying, and I typically spend around 60 seconds massaging the product into my face with my Foreo luna before rinsing. My skin tolerates this product better than salicylic acid, but everyone's skin is different. This was also great because I live a very active lifestyle and work out a lot, and the sweating made my skin a haven for bacteria, meaning that the antibacterial properties of BP were much needed. Bottom line, this is a solid, proven product that is worth trying if salicylic acid isn't cutting it for you. Would recommend using it once a day rather than twice if you want to be gentler on the skin.

Didn't work.

Didn't work.

Irritating

Very irritating and drying for sensitive skin! It's way to drying because of the clay! The beads are harsh as well.

There are no microbeads in this product.
There are no microbeads in this product?

Ok, I Guess

This product was ok. It didn't really do much for me. I used it as a cleanser and mask. As a cleanser, it wasn't anything special. I didn't break out more but it didn't clear me up. Using it as a mask was too drying and I had to stop. I would recommend it as a cleanser for light acne, but for me, it didn't clear anything up. If you purchase this product, don't use it as a mask, as it is very drying.

Comments

Bad

I don't like the consistency of this product. It logged my pores and didn't wash off my makeup. This also didn't clear any of my acne, but caused breakouts. I am not one to even get breakouts.

Comments

NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

i burned my face using this as a mask this is the worst product i have ever used in my life. My face is bright red and it will not go away i have been waiting for an HOUR!!! I used this as a cleanser and it was fine but i did the recommended 5 minutes for the maskand i got burned BAD! I dont want this to happen to anyone else so never use this product.

Contains BP

I like this product because it contains BP. I use it on my chin mostly for hormonal acne massaging it in for about 2 minutes as a cleanser. I do not recommend using this as a mask for extended periods or multiple times a week as it can easily dry out your skin.

Contains BP

it's worked 100% fine

I have been. Suffered acne for 5 years. When it start I'm 17 now I'm 22 almost 5 years it stable same way with no reduction. I have tried every medication treatment and home remains even myths. But it didn't cure acne at all my forehead cheeks and nose all fill with bump of pimple and small zits. At last finally I feded up my own life. Uim a young girl and wht use of my life having pimple like this. I couldn't face society my freiends specially. To my boy friend. I was soo hopeless...but finally while I'm shopping I went to shop accidenly. Fortunately. They are selling nutrogena. Products and there are more avaliable regards pimple. I brought this one but I didn't have any sure Becouse I knw I can't get rid of acne. At first while I'm using this yes it's irritate bit and rough my face. But day by day it gave hopefull Dream on me why it actually works fine. SpecuLly now I forehead Tottaly free with acne there was thousand pimple stable.on my forehead but now all gone I can't belive it. But my cheeks yes there are small zits and breakout still remains but no like old days, horror pimple sell gone for good but still have breakouts. I knw it will take care of clear pore. So this is my root Apply clear pore all over ur face avoid eyes and do not won't to wait any longer rinse off your face with water and do same procedure. At night. After washing apply suitable acne toner which helps as your skin type and that would be enough. You can use moisture as tour needness Drink 2 lit of water per day Do not consume diary product at all Eat more greeny vegetable and fruits It's better to avoid foods with more protein such as chicken eggs If your are girls be alert about your period and if it's irregular. Take medicineand make it proper. And being stressful life would be a causes you need to be relaxed. Try to avoid Dandruff on your head but don't use hush alternatives. Just do some.simple.home remaids After read this ir following methods can not helping you you should go for demotologis. And tell your acne story if you are familiar with BP products which never works fine tell doctor to those are no answer for me and ask oral medication. But aware there are some effects do not use beyond 2 months..

Gave me my life back!

Hi Guys, Literally registered this morning in order that I could come back on here and spread the word on my now clear (praying i don't jinx it) skin. I have very oily skin, for years I'd always have pimples and about once every 3-4 weeks a big nasty cyst or boil would break out on my neck. Tried everything, even removing anything remotely enjoyable from my diet!! Here's the answer (at least it was for me)...................Neutrogena visibly clear 2-in-1 face wash and mask. I apply this 3 times a day and have done for a few months now, literally don't have even a blemish, face feels soft but dry. Anyone with oily skin will know how amazing it feels for your skin to feel "dry." Anyway just wanted to come back and let you guys know what worked for me, not affiliated with this product and here in Ireland it costs about 6 euro so not going to break the bank to even give it a try (I know when I was at my lowest I tried everything I could). Lastly I would like to wish you all the best, I know how relentless acne can be and I hope you all find a treatment or product that works for you. Many thanks.

Comments

Great product...but there are some drawbacks.

I am a 22 year old woman with oily skin...pimples in chin area mostly. I also have sensitive skin. I've been trying this product for about a month and it's one of the best I've tried! I use it as a mask most of the time....great! But there are some things you should know. -can dry out your face afterwords. I use clean & clear gel moisturizer after and it feels better within minutes. (Pat the moisturizer on instead of rubbing it in). -it bleaches fabric when you pat it off your face...use a white rag and the problem is solved! Overall I've noticed a huge reduction with my oily skin and it's awesome! Hope this helps :)

Stay away

None Irritating and inflammatory Causes skin to be more oily over time Can't be used regularly or it will increase acne This is so drying that over time it leads to more oil being produced on the skin. Probably fine once in a while for mild T-zone acne. If used regularly it will increase acne.

Comments

Not a bad clay mask for acne skin, but may be a little harsh

High amounts of clay = skin refining Ingredient SA can help clear the skin a bit Can irritate if left on for too long Strong medicinal/menthol smell I have mixed feelings about this mask, but I do use it sometimes, so I will do this review to try and help you decide if you want to try it. I find that clay masks such as with a good amount of kaolin and/or bentonite, work well for my skin. (40+ year old woman with large pores, fine lines, and still very prone to breakouts) That said, I have a really hard time finding one that doesn't contain too many other ingredients to cause a problem. I have tried a lot of clay-based masks and this is one of the better ones but is very far from perfect. Mainly it is a little harsh. It has a strong "tingly" feeling when I have it on, which I know is some kind of selling point (people think something is "happening") but to me is always a sign of irritation. It has a very harsh chemical/menthol smell. It dries quickly and can irritate my skin if I leave it on for more than a few minutes. Remember, when your skin is acne-prone, irritating the skin is NOT helpful. So, I do use it but I use it only as a mask and I only leave it on for a few minutes - don't let it completely dry. I like the results of the clay in terms of refining pores / smoothing my fine lines etc. And I like that this one does not break me out exactly (many other masks out there are just flat-out break-out guarantees) I just wish it were a little less mentholy and irritating. If I leave it on too long or use it too often, the irritation can break e out. But if you have had good luck with clay masks this is one of the better ones and it might be worth trying.

Comments

Nuetrogena's secret acne blaster!

leaves skin feeling smooth. Has a good smell.(in my own opinion) Clears out excess oils, and dead skin cells in pores. can dry your skin. (if used too often) Hello my name is Brian Murphy, and i am a 15 year old male.I used this product of Nuetrogena for maybe one month so far and it works very well! i had mild to severe acne breakouts, and i tried using everything, nothing worked. Unfortunately for me its hard to find good products because I'm practically allergic to everything! The first day i used this product i was a little bit irritated at first, but by the next day my face was use to it. I use this product as a night mask, and it clears my skin like a beauty! I would recommend this products to anyone i know, and i recommend if you have low to mild acne.

Comments

Decent spot treatment Feels good on skin Bad as a cleanser Bad as a mask Dries out skin Not a deep clean

Comments

The ingredients It made skin appear smoother The cost The smell It doesn't lather Sometimes little gritty things are in it Didn't prevent break outs well I bought this cleanser in hopes that using less products would help my skin. It seemed to do fine in the beginning but didn't do much a little bit after. I would recommend though to someone with light/mild acne. Mines mild/moderate. Because it does make your skin feel soft and your skin tone even and keep the really tiny bumps away.

Comments

-draws out excess oil -after a few weeks of continuous use, definitely helped clear up my acne -cost effective -can leave skin feeling very dry (use a moisturizer) I've struggled with moderate acne for years, which became more severe in my late teens and early twenties. I've finally found a combination which works for my skin and has left me almost CLEAR. Now still contending with those acne scars.. My regimen: Night: SebaMed Liquid face/body wash Neutrogena Clear Pore Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer Morning: Body Shop Vitamin E gentle cleanser The Neutrogena Clear Pore really attacks the impurities and "medicates", while the other cleansers are gentle enough for my skin while at the same time cleansing skin. Try it!

Guest Nick
Guest Nick

broke me out sooooo bad even worse than I had made my skin really red and itchy I could barely touch my skin for a week after using this only once it inflammed it so bad! I've tried a lot of other acne medications before and nothing really worked all that great but nothing has ever made my skin so much worse like this did.

Comments

-Better used as a mask -Good spot treatment for pimples under the skin -Dries out pimples over night -Not an everyday face wash I think this is a good product to use 2-3 times per week as a mask only. i do not recommend it as an everyday wash. Personally, it dried out my skin when using it everyday. I had a few large pimples around the jawlines and after applying a pea sized amount before bed, in the morning the size had gone down almost 50% This product also works well as a blackhead eraser on nose and chin areas.

Comments

Feels Good Cheap Smells Really Good Clears Up Face A Little Doesn't Cure All Acne Can Make Your Face Red I bought this as a mask and it's okay. It wakes me up and definatly gets rid of the small zits! Although, I wouldn't recommend this to get rid of acne, it sure helps along with something else(:

Comments

-Cleans pores -Clears blackheads -Makes my face feel/smell good -Great as both mask/cleanser -Dries skin This is a really good product. It hasn't dried my skin as much as others have, but I still use a moisturizer at night. It has eliminated all of the little persistent clogged pores on my face and actually cleared out many of my blackheads as well. I highly recommend, if I could give 4 1/2 stars than I would.

Comments

Makes skin feel great Shrinks the size of pores Helps to dry up zits quickly Great to use when it's hotter outside Reduces the amount of oil on face Can dry out your skin (if used everyday) If you intend on using this everyday, I would recommend using a moisturizer, especially during fall and winter. Overall, I have had no problems with this product. It effectively draws out excess oil from your face.

Guest Lindsay
Guest Lindsay

Cheap Works fast Not to harsh Clears up acne Still get a pimple from time to time I bought this because my dermatologist told me to use it with the veltin gel she prescribed me. I have to say it works pretty well.

Guest Alex Ramriez
Guest Alex Ramriez

-Has 2% Benzol Peroxide -Feels extremely Cool when used as Mask -Takes only a few minutes to dry -Wakes you up in the morning -Makes skin feel smooth -Doesn't help acne at all -Makes face seem pale -Can sting eyes if used too close to eyes -Makes face somewhat red Bottom Line is that I do not recommend this product because even though it contains BP, It does not clear up acne very well. It also tends to be drying if used to much and makes face extremely pale at some points. I purchased this with high hopes but with no luck. I have now moved on to Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser/Mask.

Comments

Shrinks breakouts. Dries skin Tingles if left for to long After reading reviews on [link removed] I was convinced this may be the end for my breakouts!!! Well i was proven wrong just like any other product I've used. I stopped using this and switched over to philosophy purity.

Popular All-over treatments